CAG PSN Gamesharing #8 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that might help is to not have so many clans, lol. I think we had up to 4 with GTAV. It might also help if we had a single thread to discuss this. An OT where we can setup times and stuff. Idk, just thinking of reasons it seems to work well for other places.

I don't take the clan shit seriously. Yeah it's fun to see how you collectively stack up against other groups but I don't lose my mind over other peoples performance (likely because I'm always the weak link). If people started obsessing over k/d ratio or hours played I would promptly haul ass. I just want to team up with people from communities I enjoy rather than a bunch of randoms. One of the only cool things about GTAO is that it can place you in games with fellow clanmates even if you aren't PSN friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down for a clan, but trying to play with people from CAG never works out. I've only once successfully played some matches of Hot Shots. I don't have this problem with GAF and Playfire so idk what the deal is here. Hell, I've been gaming almost nightly with a dude I JUST met from Russia.
C'mon, you know you're supposed to wait 3 days before you game with him again. He's not going to have any respect for you.

BsjGrY_CcAAMkBR.png

One thing that might help is to not have so many clans, lol. I think we had up to 4 with GTAV. It might also help if we had a single thread to discuss this. An OT where we can setup times and stuff. Idk, just thinking of reasons it seems to work well for other places.

I don't take the clan shit seriously. Yeah it's fun to see how you collectively stack up against other groups but I don't lose my mind over other peoples performance (likely because I'm always the weak link). If people started obsessing over k/d ratio or hours played I would promptly haul ass. I just want to team up with people from communities I enjoy rather than a bunch of randoms. One of the only cool things about GTAO is that it can place you in games with fellow clanmates even if you aren't PSN friends.
clans in mmo's like destiny are more just co-op, not as serious as clans for games like call of duty. like for defiance, a few of us used to just do the co op dungeons and nobody ever got on each others case

the real problem is that everyone lives in different countries on here. our community is super diverse, so nobody's really ever on at the same time. also a lot of people on here are just friends with one or two others, its not like we're all on each other's psn friends list

lol @ sting being 2k15 preorder dlc

i hope all the dinosaur aged smarks cave and purchase the next edition of the product they love to bitch about so i can stop hearing "all they did was update the roster, i probably wont even be able to create something simple like a phoenix splash in create a finisher, this is the same as last year it will probably be full of glitches anyway, yukes sucks"

i hope all the dinosaur aged smarks cave and purchase the next edition of the product they love to bitch about so i can stop hearing "all they did was update the roster, i probably wont even be able to create something simple like a phoenix splash in create a finisher, this is the same as last year it will probably be full of glitches anyway, yukes sucks"
I'm pretty excited for 2K to be involved and to have a year developing the game rather than just putting it out with minor tweaks like 2K14. I hear they aren't doing the traditional Summerslam reveal and that we might see gameplay soon which is exciting- I have enjoyed the last two editions of the game all the same though especially the Attitude Era mode in '13

2k is just the publisher, they published 2k14 as well. yukes/visual concepts is still developer. even ill admit yukes art team is godawful (crowds are still gross looking and awful character models are inexcusable in the year 2014), but all the hype about the new mocap they got going for 2k15 is giving me hope.

the one year thing isn't anything new, they had a year between '13 and '14. it was originally slated to get pushed back to march, but they pulled it back to october, probably because wwe is doing really bad financially right now, network is losing them money by the day.

ultimately i don't expect it to change much of anything due to the same people working on it as 2k14. hoping graphics are better after the criticism they got last year and it being on next gen. that being said, they don't have to do much but update the rosters and add a decent career mode for me to buy it day one. so long as the career mode's non-ppv matches don't end in forced dq like every single RAW main event does nowdays.

2k is just the publisher, they published 2k14 as well. yukes/visual concepts is still developer. even ill admit yukes art team is godawful (crowds are still gross looking and awful character models are inexcusable in the year 2014), but all the hype about the new mocap they got going for 2k15 is giving me hope.

the one year thing isn't anything new, they had a year between '13 and '14. it was originally slated to get pushed back to march, but they pulled it back to october, probably because wwe is doing really bad financially right now, network is losing them money by the day.

ultimately i don't expect it to change much of anything due to the same people working on it as 2k14. hoping graphics are better after the criticism they got last year and it being on next gen. that being said, they don't have to do much but update the rosters and add a decent career mode for me to buy it day one. so long as the career mode's non-ppv matches don't end in forced dq like every single RAW main event does nowdays.
Cory Ledsma left in November. He's the guy at Yukes who a lot of people credit with the down turn in quality. There's a lot of buzz about what it's going to be like with him gone.

clans in mmo's like destiny are more just co-op, not as serious as clans for games like call of duty. like for defiance, a few of us used to just do the co op dungeons and nobody ever got on each others case

the real problem is that everyone lives in different countries on here. our community is super diverse, so nobody's really ever on at the same time. also a lot of people on here are just friends with one or two others, its not like we're all on each other's psn friends list
I know we have some folks across the pond but the majority of us are in the States. Granted, in different timezones but I don't see a reason we can't get together and make it work at least some of the time.

You're right about the MMO aspect as far the campaign is concerned, but there's also a suite of competitive modes. I was thinking that would resemble the BF/CoD/Halo setup with extensive stat tracking etc for clans. Idk, but in any event I won't be breaking a sweat over it. That was in response to the person who thought it might create drama here.

Looking for some games. Catherine, Child of Light-rental, gran turismo 6, The wolf among us- rental, , Drakengard 3, Jurassic park telltale-rental. help a friend out for the platinum :)

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS3/PS4)- $30

PS4

Resell $10.00

1.)  Emoney244 (Payment Received)

Phantom $5.00

1.)  AshtonReeves (Host)

PS3

Resell $5.00

1.)  kvntwvlf (Payment Received)

2.)  ThEliteOne (Payment Received)

Phantom $2.50

1.)  greendayrulestce (Payment Received)

2.)  cobolatrix (Payment Received)

No GM mode = fail to me. I used to love wwe games but man how they have went down the crapper.

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS3/PS4)- $30

PS4

Resell $10.00

1.) Emoney244 (Payment Received)

Phantom $5.00

1.) AshtonReeves (Host)

PS3

Resell $5.00

1.) kvntwvlf (Awaiting Payment)

2.) ThEliteOne (Payment Received)

Phantom $2.50

1.) greendayrulestce (Payment Received)

2.) cobolatrix (Awaiting Payment)
If the game's $30 why is the PS4 resell/phantom only $15 total? What am I missing lol

Also would like to get a phantom for Oddworld on PS4 if anyone wants to make a group :-({|=

PHANTOM
Acc 1 :
L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass  
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection   
The Last Of Us™ + Season Pass   
Flower® Music & Theme Bundle 

Acc 2 :
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – MGS4 Raiden Custom Body 
DmC Devil May Cry™ Ultimate Edition 
FINAL FANTASY® VIII (PS3™/PSP®/PS Vita)  
FINAL FANTASY® IX (PS3™/PSP®/PS Vita)  
FINAL FANTASY® VII (PS3™/PSP®/PS Vita) 

Acc 3:
Battlefield 4 Bonus Holiday Edition

Acc 4:
Diablo 3

Acc 5:
Fifa 14

Acc 6:
Gran Turismo®6

Acc 7:
Fuse™ 
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence 

Acc 8:
Grid 2 

Because it seems like the majority of people in this thread play for trophies then get rid of the game. I am all for a PS4 clan though.
I didn't want to be the one to say it, but this. This x1000. Don't get me wrong, I'm currently chipping away at Terraria's platinum. Just saying...it seems that's what a large portion of CAG primarily does...which might help explain why clans and meet-ups don't work here. I don't mind helping with MP trophies but like I've said I'm not about to stress over that shit. Again I hope we can get something going as I'd love to play with you guys. I'm going to be more insistent this time. Hell, we can get it going with the beta this week. I think there's already an OT so I'll see what's up.

Also - DIABLO. I stopped like at level 10 when I realized Id be getting a PS4 sooner than later. I am definitely upgrading day 1 so if people want to team up I am down. And if you'll need help completing Terraria I don't mind paying it forward as @Albani and his friend did for me. I can help with armor and pets once I'm finished here shortly.

Because it seems like the majority of people in this thread play for trophies then get rid of the game. I am all for a PS4 clan though.
I think most people even outside of CAG do that. But still, defiance is like a 200 hour completion, I doubt anyone has it done. The problem was just that these MMOs are only frequented by a few people on here, but Destiny will have a ton of players, so it's much more likely that we'll be able to get something going.

Hell, I couldn't even get 4 people together for Borderlands 2 at any point and that was a free ps+ game/non-MMO, so we'll see how this pans out.

[quote name="Pravado" post="11926864" timestamp="1405453170"]I think most people even outside of CAG do that. But still, defiance is like a 200 hour completion, I doubt anyone has it done. The problem was just that these MMOs are only frequented by a few people on here, but Destiny will have a ton of players, so it's much more likely that we'll be able to get something going.

Hell, I couldn't even get 4 people together for Borderlands 2 at any point and that was a free ps+ game/non-MMO, so we'll see how this pans out.[/quote]

That's an addictive behavior that it is only beneficial for companies that make games. I used to hunt platinum trophies until I wasted a lot of hours looking for feathers in AC 2 jut to get the Platinum. That made me think about it and I realized that I was looking for archivements on a "fake environment " instead of spending my time on archivements of real life, a wife, kids, a house, a family, etc. I respect and understand people who does that, because I used to do that, but nowadays I have a different perspective of my life and what are the things that really matters for me.

Lately I just play and enjoy games from locked accounts, and don't get stressed about trophies. Just like in the good old times when there was not Avatar or Profile to fill with trophies or records.

I jumped on the ps3 ride a bit later than I think most did. The trophy obsession sometimes bothers me. Still, I see why it's popular. Who doesn't remember playing an extra 3 hours to complete some random un-fun side task to 'finish' a game even before trophies were a thing? I think most people have that completionist urge. I regularly have to ask myself if I'm having fun during the time eating 'collection' (like the AC2 feather thing Johanlh mentioned above) challenges. Still, if you are enjoying the game's world enough finding an excuse to stay in it a bit longer is always nice.

I think most people even outside of CAG do that. But still, defiance is like a 200 hour completion, I doubt anyone has it done. The problem was just that these MMOs are only frequented by a few people on here, but Destiny will have a ton of players, so it's much more likely that we'll be able to get something going.

Hell, I couldn't even get 4 people together for Borderlands 2 at any point and that was a free ps+ game/non-MMO, so we'll see how this pans out.
If you are still looking/interested in a BL2 group I'd be interested.

I jumped on the ps3 ride a bit later than I think most did. The trophy obsession sometimes bothers me. Still, I see why it's popular. Who doesn't remember playing an extra 3 hours to complete some random un-fun side task to 'finish' a game even before trophies were a thing? I think most people have that completionist urge. I regularly have to ask myself if I'm having fun during the time eating 'collection' (like the AC2 feather thing Johanlh mentioned above) challenges. Still, if you are enjoying the game's world enough finding an excuse to stay in it a bit longer is always nice.

If you are still looking/interested in a BL2 group I'd be interested.
same, for the base game, don't have the dlc (unless someone has a timeshare)

[quote name="Blublue4" post="11926967" timestamp="1405455788"]I jumped on the ps3 ride a bit later than I think most did. The trophy obsession sometimes bothers me. Still, I see why it's popular. Who doesn't remember playing an extra 3 hours to complete some random un-fun side task to 'finish' a game even before trophies were a thing? I think most people have that completionist urge. I regularly have to ask myself if I'm having fun during the time eating 'collection' (like the AC2 feather thing Johanlh mentioned above) challenges. Still, if you are enjoying the game's world enough finding an excuse to stay in it a bit longer is always nice.

If you are still looking/interested in a BL2 group I'd be interested.[/quote]

After the feather episode with AC2, I just got platinum for games I did really enjoy, I had to complete Bayonetta several times in order to get that Platinum, but I felt that I enjoyed that game too much and spend more hours with it was a lot of fun. The same for Dark Souls and getting all the spells, miracles and weapons. But since that, I haven't found other game that push m to get trophies.

100%'ing a game has always been around, very few wanted to do it back then, but if someone loved a game a 100% run was not uncommon. Now we just have something to visually represent that. :p

Playing a game simply because it has easy trophies, or not playing a game because it has difficult trophies is weird though. Just enjoy gaming, and enjoy trophy hunting if you like to.

Selling: One Piece Unlimited World Red resell - $16

For Sale (resells): 

1. Gone.

2. inFAMOUS 2 - $4
+Sniper Blast Power DLC

3. Moon Diver - $2

4. Costume Quest - $4
+Grubbins on Ice DLC

5. Tales of Monkey Island (Chapters 1-5) - $2

6. Street FIghter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $2
+Unlock Gill DLC

7. Worms 2: Armageddon - $8
+Battle Pack DLC
+Forts Pack DLC
+Puzzle Pack DLC
+Retro Pack DLC
+Time Attack DLC

Call of Duty Classic

Ugly Americans: Apocalysegeddon

8. inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood - $1

9. PAYDAY: The Heist - $2

Looking For:

Sniper Elite 3 (PS4) prefer phantom

For Sale:

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 PS3 (3 2 pantoms available) $1,5

Trine 2 PS3 (3 phantoms available) $0,5

Devil May Cry HD Collection PS3 (2 phantoms available) $1,5

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS3 (2 1 phantom available) $1,5

EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - $14.99 (PS+ Price)

Resells: $5 each

1. StarShadow

Phantoms: $2.50 each

1. StarShadow

**We need someone who can activate the PS+ Trial on the Store in order to get the discount, you just need to temporarily add a CC**

same, for the base game, don't have the dlc (unless someone has a timeshare)
Exactly where I'm at too.

After the feather episode with AC2, I just got platinum for games I did really enjoy, I had to complete Bayonetta several times in order to get that Platinum, but I felt that I enjoyed that game too much and spend more hours with it was a lot of fun. The same for Dark Souls and getting all the spells, miracles and weapons. But since that, I haven't found other game that push m to get trophies.
Yeah, 'gamey' games that challenge you are usually the only kind of games you see people enthusiastically replaying. Dragon's Dogma, DMC classic series and Vanquish have eaten too much of my time.

As someone who has a few trophies, I'll be the first to say I don't play games just for trophies. Some people do, but I hardly doubt that's the majority.

With the clan/playing together thing, I have a problem with the fact that nothing is ever organized. Just saying "Let's play together sometime" doesn't work out here or any other place. Tell me a time you're looking to play, and I'll join you. If I get on and see someone playing Madden, I'm not going to sit there and bug them to play Destiny. I'm currently playing Bioshock 2 with a few people in the PSN thread, and we said hey let's get together this day and play and it worked out fine. If I log on and see someone playing a game I'm playing, I'll try to join them. I played Portal 2 with Pravado a long long time ago, and it was the same thing...let's play on this day at this time, and it worked perfectly.

Agree that setting times would help. I know I can be terrible with it since I like to game late but I'll try to be more considerate. Also - if we're PSN friends and I just happen to be on, please don't hesitate to hit me up if you want to co-op or even need trophy help etc or whatever. It doesn't always have to be this organized thing.

@Pravado I still think you run the library like Scrooge McDuck but I don't have a personal problem with you. I tried to get it on that BL2 as well and it never happened.

For Sale:

[PS3] Battlefield 4 + Premium + China Rising + Second Assault + Naval Strike + Dragon's Teeth Phantom - $9

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Phantom - $7

Dead Island Riptide Phantom - $3

Ni no Kuni Phantom - $2

[PS4] Trine 2: Complete Story Resell - $10/ Phantom - $5

Available for rent:

PS4:

Watch Dogs - $1.50/week

Entwined - $0.25/week

[UK] Killzone Shadow Fall - $1/week

Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $1.50/week

Assassin's Creed IV + Season Pass - $1/week

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $1/week

Infamous Second Son - $1.50/week

PS3:

Diablo 3 - free (regulars only)

The Last of Us + Season Pass - $0.50/week

Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass - $0.50/week

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance + all trophy DLC - $0.50/week

Far Cry 3 - $0.25/week

Titles currently being rented:

[PS4] Thief

[PS4] Sniper Elite 3

Transistor

[PS4] Wolfenstein

South Park: The Stick of Truth

DIshonored + all trophy DLC

PS4 rocks. I am playing Duki-Duki Universe on it and it's awesome.

Yeah I feel like an idiot for owning a PS4 right now.
I did not get the first line as sarcasm ... =/ it really seemed like you were enjoying it.

And hey, the Xbox One is in the exact same situation, if not worse! (imo)

Only XO games I own is Tomb Raider, Ryse, Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 =/ thats it, aannnnnd how old are these current-gen consoles, hmm...

something is seriously wrong with this gen of Gaming.

Anyone interested in Starting a Battle Princess of Arcadia group? may be getting a discounted code for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back