CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

This was like 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know if this was your proudest moment or they scarred you. You seem to bring this and something about a pony up everytime you want to act like a jerk though. Move on.
I mean its already dropped, but you bring it up and say move on. Kind of counter productive.

And yes, I bring it up (once) since pretentious people remind me of him, instantly. He was a special type of angel that will forever live on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make a group for my last (probably) PS3 gameshare:

Dark souls II all DLC (I only want the second and the third but I would be OK buying them all)

Resell - $10

- TheSporkWithin

-

Phantom - $5

- ludwigfrech

-
I'll take a resell.

This group is now full.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Resell ($20)

1. The Furry Panda

2. CixthCents

Phantom ($10)

1. TheSporkWithin

2. newtype06

I also have two resells available:

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Tales of Xillia / Dragon's Crown (both games on one account)

Make offers if interested.

Woah there. The only crazy in this thread was the price of that PS4 multi-game phantom. Even at $30, it would have been quite the deal.

Yes, members can dislike each other all they want, but in this case, it's over trivial stuff, and it has one or both members being negatively affected, though Brain has done his part.

I wasn't inquiring about your group for myself. Depending on the specifics, I could bring it up to members if it's a viable option for them.

The point of my recent posts was to show that the so-called community some like to speak of doesn't exist. Not anymore, at least. I point out a few instances of members doing other members wrong, whether it be intentional or not, and Stotch's reaction is to try and attack me. While a few members did say something about Lemstar, they spoke of his selling, and not him taking the slot. For everything else, though, no one has said anything.

Remember the bunch of Desiny groups that were created? How many members showed the slightest interest in Albani's idea to use a different thread for the groups, so everything would be more organized, for those who were and weren't interested in Destiny? None.

What do some of the members do when Iwarboy, the only member who seems to give a crap, tries to keep the thread clean? They poke fun at him.

Do members offer helpful advice or suggestions to Pravado to improve the library? Some, yes, but many more make comments that have no effect other than to antagonize.

And of course, there is the off-topic posting. 'It doesn't matter that other members are looking to fill groups, what's important is my opinion on a topic that has nothing to do with the thread is heard.' This wasn't a problem in the past, when members would link up those looking with those selling, but no one does that anymore. The situation is worsened by volume. Not only are there are more buyers and sellers, but there are more members who make regular off-topic posts. What's Stotch's response to a request that content that has nothing to do with gaming, let alone the thread, be cut down? He takes a shot at members who routinely post their shares for sale. That's right, he has a problem with members using the thread for its intended purpose. And he's a member of your PS4 group? Great, so he's doing this (hindering other members) while he gets his shares on the side?

I spoke with a member about trying to get a sub-forum for gamesharing opened. Shortly after our discussion, I PM'd a mod to find out how it could be done. What do I see after my messaging with the mod, but the same member holding one of those 'quote my post for an entry so the thread can be cluttered' contests. A sub-forum would be very useful, but the current active posters can't maintain one little thread. Who gets the shaft here? Why, it's the infrequent posters who mainly buy or sell.

With that knowledge, is it still me that has the problem here, or is it the members who put themselves and their pals ahead of others?

I think the thing you guys are missing here is that Shaymin had a PS3 phantom, not a PS4 one, so the switching users thing doesn't apply. I haven't had it happen to me but it sounds like the host screwed up and either deactivated or changed the password before Shaymin had confirmed he was done downloading and the game worked.

Stotch doesn't make fun of people posting the same shares. He makes fun of people who complain about off topic posting, and responds with "sorry for the off topic posting, lets get back to the same people posting the same shares." This is honestly something that wouldn't be a problem if people lowered their prices over time to get those shares sold. Depreciation doesn't exist to some people, they would rather take 5 months to sell something to make an extra dollar profit. Crazy. However, like I said, I've never seen Stotch shit on someone for listing their shares, he simply pokes fun at someone who is calling him out on off topic posting, claiming that without it, this topic would be snoozeville and the regulars would stop coming here. That the community built of regulars would die off.

Yes, you pointing out Lemstars shady behavior was a good thing. However, 9 out of 10 times you're calling people out on petty nonsense that nobody cares about or that you have solid proof on. Calling out yanks for example, was a terrible move. He is a top tier regular. Even if you assumed it, it should have been a callout through PM, or within the topic with solid proof. in my opinion, you need to spend less time trying to find things to fix or bring to attention, and spend more time just gaming. we don't need a savior, we can handle our own. regulars know who to deal with and who not to. yanks isn't gonna risk his entire rep on one share. if that was the case he would have already stolen all the ps4 shares in that group he runs a long time ago.

We don't need a sub-forum for gamesharing, and we don't need to chill with off topic posting. 9 out of 10 people would still stay in this topic anyway, and you'd just have a topic of newcomers. The community exists within regulars. Simply posting here doesn't make you part of the community. Posting here and conversing with other regulars on a regular basis makes you part of the community. Nobody seems to have a problem with friendly off topic discussion but you, and this is a recurring complaint of yours. The only off topic posting I dislike is the nonsensical shit, like that "bitches and hoes" stuff will kept posting (no beef with will). If it makes sense and is discussion worthy, who cares. People will skim past it if they don't care, and if people decide to ignore pages of posts because they're too lazy to skim, fuck 'em, they deserve to miss out on shares. If you're worried that this will cause people to miss seeing your shares for sale, then what is the point of the first page? It's not like your shares would get sold faster if that off topic posting didn't exist, they are posted daily.

The toxic posting comes in the form of multiple newbs asking for the same share rather than starting a group. On the flip side of what I mentioned above, THIS is the kind of posting that will make me skim past shit, not gaming related posts that don't deal with the act of sharing. Or with nobody wanting PS4 phantoms and a million people constantly asking for resells that nobody has.

Yes, we respect you as a member who lets people borrow games for super cheap and tries to do the right thing when he sees an opportunity. But don't start calling out so many regulars on nonsense that you become known as "that guy" and can't recover from it. Your main issue seems to be involving yourself in situations that have nothing to do with you (example, refusing to deal with me because of my situation with batman that you are not a part of) and it generally blows back on you. Just chill out and enjoy the show.

Also for the record, I was not negatively affected in the slightest in that situation

actually, here's , i really dont know why i said him doing exactly like i said before let him download , lol (maybe my guide wrong from first transaction to now ?lol), if he want to refund, is ok, deactivated system first, when it drop down to 1 system, i will refund
What region is the game? If it's US, you should be able to find someone who would lend him the account so he can start the download.

I host a lot of groups myself and when I send out messages to the phantoms I ALWAYS say "post back when you have confirmed the game is downloaded and working and then I will change the password (first) and deactivate the account."

I am assuming that when people post back in the PM saying the game is downloaded and working they are not still logged into the account.  I also change the password first in case they accidently click on the account and log in, with the changed PW they can't log in and screw themselves out of their own phantom.  I post in the PM that I am deactivating and then it's done.  Never had a problem yet.

You should ALWAYS make sure the phantoms post before you deactivate because there can be problems with the download, not installing properly, corruption, etc. 

I make the recommendation for people to cycle the power of their ps4 before I remote deactivate. I've been burned by friends being in a hurry and not logging out of the game share account.

Haha, yep thats me. Whats your PSNid? I might remember you. I'm horribly streaky playing that MP. I've scored like 6k and went 26/6, and scored lowest on the team with a K/D not worth mentioning lol.
I've seen matt have a -40 K/D. Most times it would just show zero, but that time it was like fuck no, this is way too bad.

WTB: Forza Horizon 2 resell!
nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

I make the recommendation for people to cycle the power of their ps4 before I remote deactivate. I've been burned by friends being in a hurry and not logging out of the game share account.
I made the mistake of doing that with one group I hosted earlier this year, and the non-sell wasn't able to access the game after the you-know-what-how-we-do-gameshares procedure thing.. Did some research and poking around and indeed it was because the non-sell had not logged out of his PS4 or even the gameshare account while I did the stuff.

So had to fix that situation, and whenever I host a share, I had to reiterate to members to turn off their PS4 (either standby or shut down completely) so I can do the thing. Never had that problem anymore.

There seems to be a problem with PSN on the PS4 (and the app), in regards to viewing the friends list and sending/receiving of messages. I have like 110 mbps down speed, yet it lags like I have a 1 mbps down plan.

Can't tell if my messages were sent, until I send a follow up message and it finally shows up in the PS4 PSN message thread. With what QDizzle stated earlier about Sony having promised about a lot of things, they really have a bunch of crap they need to work on and fix, cause I am starting to think the XBox One UI is......better....

Has anyone dealt with Arsestar? He wants to buy my Fifa 15 resell on PS4 but he just registered on Sept 27th.
I can vouch for him, as of present.

Talked with him over on our site a bit, and bunch of threads over there with him as the subject/topic.

He's a good dude, from our conversations and working his way up.

Talked with him over on our site a bit, and bunch of threads over there with him as the subject/topic.

He could be trying to get into your pants.

Anyone can type nicely.

He could be trying to get into your pants.

Anyone can type nicely.
I will never let another dude into my pants (unless it was for a million bucks....or more).

Yeah, but I just have a gut feeling of the dude. And he's already made himself well known over there (almost everybody knows about him there now, cause the thread about him trended and blew up).

Like I said, as of present he's a cool dude. Just needs to be proven over time.

He can take a PS4 sellable, if StarShadow wants him to.

There seems to be a problem with PSN on the PS4 (and the app), in regards to viewing the friends list and sending/receiving of messages. I have like 110 mbps down speed, yet it lags like I have a 1 mbps down plan.

Can't tell if my messages were sent, until I send a follow up message and it finally shows up in the PS4 PSN message thread. With what QDizzle stated earlier about Sony having promised about a lot of things, they really have a bunch of crap they need to work on and fix, cause I am starting to think the XBox One UI is......better....
Yeah, the PS4 friends/messages system sucks. Pravado and I tried adding each other and had a ton of issues. He sent me a request which I saw the notification for. When I went to add him, there was no message. He tried again and nothing. I sent him a request and nothing. Then the PS4 told us we couldn't send a friend request. He still hasn't popped into my friends list but I've seen a couple trophy messages of his pop into my What's New list which indicates that we are PSN friends. Confusing. Hurry up 2.0!

EDIT: And from what I've seen, I do like the Xbox One UI more.

Blogcast #137:

Alien Isolation(PS4, PS3)

Driveclub(PS4)

DIvekick Addition Edition(PS4)

Dust An Elysian Tail(PS4)

NBA 2K15(PS4, PS3)

Jet Car Stunts(PS3, Vita)

Pix The Cat(PS4, Vita)

Spelunky(PS4)

Strider 2(PS1)

Styx Master of Shadows(PS4)

Yeah, the PS4 friends/messages system sucks. Pravado and I tried adding each other and had a ton of issues. He sent me a request which I saw the notification for. When I went to add him, there was no message. He tried again and nothing. I sent him a request and nothing. Then the PS4 told us we couldn't send a friend request. He still hasn't popped into my friends list but I've seen a couple trophy messages of his pop into my What's New list which indicates that we are PSN friends. Confusing.
Yep. I usually on a regular flow continuously get FRs from mutuals or randoms, and there's been a few times where I click on a FR to view the comment post (see if I know them), followed by the process of clicking accept. But it'll stall, on the phone and the PS4 (don't even want to mention the adding of friends on the PS3, cause some type of pop up box shows up and tells you something about you being unable to add/accept them on the PS3 via PSN).

I see in my activity feed, showing me and the dudes/dudettes becoming FL friends, but upon going onto their profile to message something it shows that we aren't friends yet. I don't know....it's been happening since last month or so.

Thank you mate! I will have no qualms selling him my share then.

oh u so cool bruh, u got friends to do the raid with i dont.
There there Snakey, you'll find friends one day too.

putting smiley faces on your fingers dont count....especially your left-hand.

25-funny-fingers-faces-facebook-cover.png

Lords of the Fallen (OCT.28th) [$TBA$]

R: HyeVltg3

P:

Need one more Falling Skies PS3 resell... comeon  someone's gotta bite. It's an XCom clone! Overall decent reviews as well.

Any Watch Dogs Season Pass (PS4) shares floating around? I want to play through the story-driven DLC that just came out. Looking to buy or rent. Just shoot me a pm if you have it available.

I've seen matt have a -40 K/D. Most times it would just show zero, but that time it was like fuck no, this is way too bad.
Haha, youre such a liar. I'm bad sometimes, but I couldn't be that bad if I wanted to.

oh u so cool bruh, u got friends to do the raid with i dont.
I'm legit curious as to who you done the raid with and what they thought of your communications. You could have plenty of friends to do the raid with just from PSNOT but literally no one wants to play with you because of your well-earned reputation.

Resells for sale:

Drag-On Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3, Japanese) - $7

Grand Theft Auto V - $5
Watch Dogs - $6

Tales of Xillia 2 - $15 not available yet, but i can reserve it for someone.

Bayonetta - $3

Two Worlds II - $1

J-Stars Victory VS (Japanese) - $15 

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE - $5

Does anyone know if Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 got a digital release? Or was it a disc only exclusive. My copy ended up with a crack and I really need this game lol

i bought a p4au phantom do this mean i have to get refund? http://puu.sh/bY9H2/295cf0e3d7.jpg
I had that problem when installing games on my PS3 more than a year ago. error message was something like "can't install, corrupted download/file." I got it @ 14% when installing. it's not an issue with the gameshare account.

I've done the following to fix it,

* Rebuild the database

* Port-forwarding or DMZ

* Set the PS3 MTU to 1492 (network settings)

* Download the game on PC by using a proxy and then transferred to the PS3

When Resident Evil 6 came out, I wasted 30GB for that game by downloading it 3 times. couldn't install. same error every-time.

try downloading the game when the PSN is not too busy. if you're from US, download late night, set PS3 to turn off automatically after download.

You have to re-download the game. delete the current download file, and the corrupted installed file.

But unlike XCOM, Falling Skies has a webseries, Live Action webseries, which explains where the budget went.
XCOM nails every element of game design IMO which is why I consider it one of the greatest games on PS3. Too bad this Sky game is based off a web series because if they put more money into their game to give it the polish XCOM had it would probably be a lot better. However in the end it probably isn't worth it cause those games are are a niche genre.

bread's done
Back