CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

A couple things for sale 

Not really a fan of the game so I'm selling a Peggle 2 and Zen pinball 2 South Park Table add on sellable for $8 or a trade 

Samurai Warriors 4 locked phantom - $8 

Looking for PS3 WWE 2K15 w/ Season Pass and future DLC phantom/resell
Don't waste your money that sp the content is complete dogshit and if history repeats it won't have trophies. Then again I'm probably the biggest modern day wrestling nerd in this topic tho so my criticism is naturally harsher than most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder where everyones $50 is going, clearly not for a better network, and also not security since they get ddos'd by a bunch of lizards, lol.

They have "engineers working on it" anyone who wears a buttoned shirt is an engineer by Sonys standards

Makes you wonder where everyones $50 is going, clearly not for a better network, and also not security since they get ddos'd by a bunch of lizards, lol.

They have "engineers working on it" anyone who wears a buttoned shirt is an engineer by Sonys standards
Does it occur to you how complex networking actually is? How long has the mandatory payment of PSN existed? The reason for instance that live became so good is that they had payment so early on and were good at getting that money used properly.

Funny thing, you talk about more security because live was actually also hacked in the beginning of the 360's lifetime if I remember correctly.

Btw, ddos has nothing to do with security in that way. You are just overfeeding the network with data, there are no compromises so that data escapes the network.

Sorry didn't mean to start anything off topic, would expect better from 1.2 B Sony generates from plus as that's a pretty "complex" amount of funds. Didn't know Thursday morning would be oh so overly strenous for the servers to handle. And correct it wasn't a security breach of that nature, still not an excuse to get ddos'd by a bunch of live at home nerds.

I apologize for the small complaint, was reading other users complain about it and wanted to see if you guys were struggling with it  

Edit: New ps4 update supports themes now so that's pretty awesome 

Don't waste your money that sp the content is complete dogshit and if history repeats it won't have trophies. Then again I'm probably the biggest modern day wrestling nerd in this topic tho so my criticism is naturally harsher than most.
I always platinum the games anyway, I don't want it for trophies, I just like the variety :p

Anyone here picking up the new google console?
I was looking at it, but the specs seems kind of 'meh' to me. I have a 2 year old Minix x5 and it there doesn't seem to be a big jump in the specs. I really don't like the lack of USB, Digital Audio, and Ethernet ports on the Nexus Player - especially the USB because I connect drives, keyboard, mouse, controllers, etc to it.

The newer Minix x8 has better specs than the Nexus Player, but it's more expensive too.

They're neat little machines though. I use mine for Netflix, Pandora, and running all my old school emulators with my DS3s connected via bluetooth.

Anyone can get DDOSd regardless of security. People were able to take down the CIA website last year.

The real problem is the way the American economy functions. Business that grow each year hire more and more people, a good amount of which get comfortable in new jobs and start to slack off. I just can't imagine CEOs sitting there going "hey we're makin all this money, but fuck the people supporting us they can rot with shitty slow messaging" - its most likely they are still looking for a fix or are unaware there is even a problem since there's no good way to get that feedback. It could also be due to the size of PSN userbase growing. Destiny sign in errors are Bungie's fault, not Sony's. Sony's main issue is the messaging system on PS4 being too slow. The adding of friends is also slow but not as big of an issue. If I've learned anything from my job, it's that no matter how many people are working on something, if nobody knows a fix, then nothing's gonna get fixed. All it takes is for one person to figure out how to fix it to make it happen. It's not a hardware issue. It's not a matter of being able to hire more people to manage stuff, it's an automated system. It's a software issue that the people who created the service need to figure out how to fix.

Also, I still don't get why people buy season passes on day one. You don't get any content until the first pack is out. I see people pre ordering the edition of cod that comes with the season pass when if you just bought it separately it would be cheaper. Buying it day one means resells split full cost. Buying it the day the first pack comes out means resells get a discount because you can do phantoms on it.

Want: Alien Isolation PS4 timeshare (offering $4/week)

Have: Walking Dead S1 PS4 timeshare - $2.75/week

One more thing. Sony might make a ton of revenue through ps+ (although not 1 billion+, not everyone has it at all times) but that's not all profit. They have to pay for the monthly games and service companies like Netflix along with taking a loss on discounts only available to ps+.

My point being, I'm fine paying for plus, but if you ask the average consumer if they're experienced $50 worth of upgrades to their internet experience, the answer would be no. In all honesty it's been worse. A year of unappealing indie games, awful messaging, servers for games not working on launch day, etc.

Google "psn down' and you'll see loads of complaints by people that play much less than us and are beyond irrate, those are the views of the average consumer and that's ultimately what matters. I'm a Sony faithful, but come on. Thursdays tend to be the few hours we have off of college to play a couple games of bf4 or madden and the thing wont even load. It's back online now so no sleep lost, hopefully just a bump in the road. 

May I ask if someone missed the splinter cell group like me and wants to make another ? I would really like to get a resell of that game.

Even a time share of GTAV for PS3 - bought a cash card in the buy one get one free promos but don't have the game anymore just want to log in and make sure it is there!

My point being, I'm fine paying for plus, but if you ask the average consumer if they're experienced $50 worth of upgrades to their internet experience, the answer would be no. In all honesty it's been worse. A year of unappealing indie games, awful messaging, servers for games not working on launch day, etc.

Google "psn down' and you'll see loads of complaints by people that play much less than us and are beyond irrate, those are the views of the average consumer and that's ultimately what matters. I'm a Sony faithful, but come on. Thursdays tend to be the few hours we have off of college to play a couple games of bf4 or madden and the thing wont even load. It's back online now so no sleep lost, hopefully just a bump in the road.
if you google anything you will find irate people. but unappealing indie games? if you're playing games solely based on screenshots you're missing out on a ton of stuff. at least 80% of the ps+ games for ps4 have been solid. this month is one of the best months to date. i've gotten $500+ worth of games for that $50/yr (although most smart people will only pay $35 as they get their codes on black friday). not only that, but they're giving you six games every month, 72 games a year. that's less than a dollar a game, and less than $0.50 a game if you buy the ps+ codes on black friday.

ps+ exclusive discounts are also going to save you a lot of money if there are games on there that you want. servers for games not working is not a sony issue. sure, psn goes down from time to time, but it's not nearly as often as people are complaining about. there's a big update coming within the next week or two and they want to make sure everything's ready for it, hence the recent downtime. usually they will give notice of downtime in advance as well, unlike microsoft. i can forgive downtime for all the benefits ps+ comes with. i also dig how sony will spend some of their profits to acquire exclusive in game content that is actually worthwhile at no additional cost to the consumer: exclusive strike in destiny, tlou dungeon and sotc armor in diablo 3, etc

i hope that didn't seem too aggressive, i just had to counter because it seems like you were only focused on the negatives (negatives that don't really have anything to do with ps+ either, as it affects people without ps+ too)

also, holy shit walking dead in 60fps is weird as hell

Blogcast ep 139

PS4

1. Escape Goat 2
  2. Fluster Cluck
  3. Just Dance 2015
  4. Race The Sun   *CROSSBUY
  5. Shadow Warrior
  6. The Legend of Korra
  7. The Walking Dead: Season 2
PS3