CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Since I haven't followed ps4 news at all please answer me a simple question - i would google but much rather take your word here - if i purchase a ps4 and ps plus will only the main account play online or will the sub accounts be able to as well?

If people didn't pay, your mockery would be deserved. But they do. I'm here to make money back on timeshares, not give them away. The more people that are able to rent a game cheap, the smaller the market becomes to sell that resell when it's time to do so. $5/week is fair for a $60 game. That's less than redbox or gamefly charge.
Redbox and Gamefly are businesses. $5/week is not fair by any means, especially if you're paying $35 to begin with. However, if people are willing to pay that, then that's there problem.

At $5/week, I'm not sure why they don't just buy a resell. If they sell it a month or two later for $25, which they should really have no problem doing, they'll be paying the same as they would for a two-week rental. If they factor in that they too could rent out their slot during this 1 to 2 month period......

also snakey i'd make an offer, but something tells me you want like $50+ for all that. give me a ball park estimate of the lowest you'd go through PM and we'll see
Utilizing several deals, PvZ ($20 Halloween PSN Store sale), TLOU ($26-$30 codes), Destiny (upgrade promotion) and Diablo 3 alone would be about $50 using the standard rates for PS4 games, but they would eat up 4 PS4 user slots, whereas Snake's would use the one. So, yeah, there is nothing wrong with $50+.

A casual "looking for"....

Someone to go into a semi-large share for games that are coming out on the 18th, and one game (or two/either) that's about to be released. I'd be taking the resell. 

- Far Cry 4

- Dragon Age: Inquisition

- Little Big Planet 3

Options

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2015

- NBA Live 15

Let me know. Looking to set this up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I haven't followed ps4 news at all please answer me a simple question - i would google but much rather take your word here - if i purchase a ps4 and ps plus will only the main account play online or will the sub accounts be able to as well?
http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5030/~/accessing-playstation%C2%AEplus-benefits-from-other-user-accounts-and-playstation

You are able to share PS+ CROSS-SYSTEM! ( I didnt know this) there are some things disabled for the person youre sharing with.

But if you can share that Online Gameplay cross-system, I'm sure you can share cross-users.

Redbox and Gamefly are businesses. $5/week is not fair by any means, especially if you're paying $35 to begin with. However, if people are willing to pay that, then that's there problem.

At $5/week, I'm not sure why they don't just buy a resell. If they sell it a month or two later for $25, which they should really have no problem doing, they'll be paying the same as they would for a two-week rental. If they factor in that they too could rent out their slot during this 1 to 2 month period......

Utilizing several deals, PvZ ($20 Halloween PSN Store sale), TLOU ($26-$30 codes), Destiny (upgrade promotion) and Diablo 3 alone would be about $50 using the standard rates for PS4 games, but they would eat up 4 PS4 user slots, whereas Snake's would use the one. So, yeah, there is nothing wrong with $50+.
Not everyone wants to front that much money to play a game. Being able to resell is not a guarantee either, the fact that you haven't sold many of your games you've been listing for weeks/months directly shows this. Gamefly and redbox being a "business" means nothing, it's a price being charged for a service. and when they're ready to sell that game instead of renting it out, they do so, same thing here. it's one of the main advantages to purchasing a resell. Why would I buy a game for $35, rent it out for a month to make a measly $4 back, and not be able to play it for that entire month, while taking risk of losing it in the process? Doesn't make sense. You're spending way too much up front to make pocket change back in the long term at those prices, and not get to play the game yourself during that time.

I've had a good amount of customers with a $5/week offering, just because some people consider it unfair doesn't mean all do, clearly. Timesharing comes with a risk of your game getting stolen. A risk of losing a $35 game to make $1-2 isn't a very good risk:reward ratio. PS3 games were nearly half the cost, so things were less lax, and people are used to those prices. i get it, we're cheap ass gamers, but that doesn't mean you should be expecting/feel entitled to everything for relatively cheap. and you can disagree all you want, but not everyone feels the need to be charitable at all times, and that doesn't make them any less of a community member for feeling that way.

If nobody paid those prices, we wouldn't be charging them. The fact that timeshares are even offered for many of these games is a benefit to the community, as most people wouldn't take that risk period, and anyone wanting to play those games would have to pay full price for a share if nobody offered timeshares.

Now seems like a great time to post!

PS4 Timeshares:
- Oddworld New N Tasty: $1.50/week
- Walking Dead Season One: $1.50/week (available Monday)
- Walking Dead Season Two: $1.50/week
- Legend of Korra: $1.50/week

Also have a Sound Shapes Add On timeshare available for $0.50/day. You can get a ton of trophies in a few hours, and then sync them with your Vita/PS3 to triple up on them!

Might as well do this now (don't quote):

For rent: (only taking one renter each for now, regulars only)

PS4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - $1.50/week (available by 12:05 EST on 11/18)

I love you guys from day one never a dull moment.
Same. Don't take all that as "fuck you guys you're all a bunch of idiots" - I love (most of) y'all. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, don't be the jerk that disagrees with an opinion and takes it personally and holds a grudge, or mocks. Snakeys gonna snake, is what I always say. If the dude stopped buying phantoms for every single game that came out and playin em for 5 minutes a pop before tossin em, he'd have more money and wouldn't be complaining. Shit, timeshares would even benefit him in that regard, even at $5/week. If I was him I'd be petitioning for more demos on the playstation store.

But yeah, if people weren't willing to pay the prices, we wouldn't charge them. Market for timeshares is not big in terms of supply at all, but is very big in terms of demand. Some of y'all robbing yourselves of money for no reason. This isn't a grimey "business mode" situation, it's a fair price to be able to rent brand new games and still undercuts the outside market (and inside market for those not willing to drop $25-35 to be able to play a game)

I've always said that people have the right to offer or charge whatever they want, as long as people are willing to take on the other side of the deal.  If somebody is willing to pay whatever $ for a time share, I'm not going to interfere.

However, that cuts both ways.  Beyond time shares, people have the right to divide up the resell/phantom cost however they choose.  Certain people who aren't part of a share try to force a pricing structure onto people.  The only opinions that matter are the ones that belong to the people participating in the transaction.

Might as well do this now (don't quote):

For rent: (only taking one renter each for now, regulars only)

PS4:

Dragon Age: Inquisition - $1.50/week (available by 12:05 EST on 11/18)

*GTA V - $1.50/week (available by 3:05 EST on 11/18)

*I'm leaning heavily toward doing GTA V as well, but it's not a sure thing yet.
Add me to the GTA V queue if you decide to timeshare that.

Being able to resell is not a guarantee either, the fact that you haven't sold many of your games you've been listing for weeks/months directly shows this.
I don't sell resells.

Timesharing comes with a risk of your game getting stolen.
Don't deal with shady members and/or request some form of deposit?

i get it, we're cheap ass gamers, but that doesn't mean you should be expecting/feel entitled to everything for relatively cheap.
I agree, but:

>Rents for $5/week

>Routinely lowballs (see Snake's main)

The ironing here burned me.

not everyone feels the need to be charitable at all times, and that doesn't make them any less of a community member for feeling that way.
Not saying that, and I'm also not saying you should charge less. You said the prices were fair. I'm simply saying they aren't.

If nobody paid those prices, we wouldn't be charging them. The fact that timeshares are even offered for many of these games is a benefit to the community, as most people wouldn't take that risk period, and anyone wanting to play those games would have to pay full price for a share if nobody offered timeshares.
So then why $5? Why not $7.50, or $10?

I fail to see how $5/week is unfair.  The argument of 'I could buy it for $35' is just stupid.  Yes you could, and like Prav said, then you have to try to sell it.  A week long timeshare is great for people who will burn through a game in that amount of time, and lets face it, a lot of you trophy hunters will.  So what is better, paying $5 and being done with it, or paying $35, and then trying to rent or sell it later.  Of course this assumes you aren't going to lowball your resell like you do your timeshares. . .

I fail to see how $5/week is unfair. The argument of 'I could buy it for $35' is just stupid. Yes you could, and like Prav said, then you have to try to sell it. A week long timeshare is great for people who will burn through a game in that amount of time, and lets face it, a lot of you trophy hunters will. So what is better, paying $5 and being done with it, or paying $35, and then trying to rent or sell it later. Of course this assumes you aren't going to lowball your resell like you do your timeshares. . .
By Prav's way though might as well use PSNow atleast then you don't waste a few hours downloading it and it costs the same amount. Its funny how people are "disgusted" about how Sony charges but when it is some person people think its peachy keen. I think what Rai was getting at though is he is basically making money off of it after 4 or 5 people timeshare it. Hell he charged 3 dollars to time share an 8 dollar game and had a list of like 10 people so yea he is making it a buissness.. which I am assuming where Rai has the qualm.

It comes down to if people will pay the money and apparently since people are defending him they will. I have nothing against Prav other than how he does buissness with GS and stipulations he puts on people for the Library but then again I try to avoid getting games from him.

No one's making you rent a timeshare.  If you don't like somebody's price, that's perfectly fine you just don't rent from them. People might lower the price if they see members aren't willing to rent for that much, there's absolutely no harm in that either. Someone who knows they can get a game done in a week or two is definitely willing to pay more than $2/week, which helps the renter because they're not buying a phantom for way more that takes up a user slot/can't resell.  Chill outttttttttt

It would be cool if we could drop this trivial matter about prav's pricing and go back to the typical banter mixed with the occasional game sharing ;)

I fail to see how $5/week is unfair. The argument of 'I could buy it for $35' is just stupid. Yes you could, and like Prav said, then you have to try to sell it. A week long timeshare is great for people who will burn through a game in that amount of time, and lets face it, a lot of you trophy hunters will. So what is better, paying $5 and being done with it, or paying $35, and then trying to rent or sell it later. Of course this assumes you aren't going to lowball your resell like you do your timeshares. . .
You have to be careful with that argument. It's no different then saying PS3 phantoms can be sold for $15+ if a group can't be formed. While you would be free to do that as well, you couldn't then say it was fair. Likewise, why not charge more than $5/week? If it's fair, since the renter would have to spend $35 on a resell, wouldn't $10/week also be fair? At what point does it become unfair?

$5/week in of itself isn't unfair, but when the phantom is paying $25, and the resell may also have sold a locked slot for $10, you have to wonder why anyone would buy something other than a resell.

I think what Rai was getting at though is he is basically making money off of it after 4 or 5 people timeshare it.
My point of contention was that he claimed the price is fair, but he regularly lowballs people and just recently decided it was wise to flash his wallet. There is nothing wrong with making money, provided other members aren't getting the shaft in the process (not saying that's the case here). I'll reiterate: He can charge what he wants - he just shouldn't go on about it being fair or him doing some service for those who don't have $35 on hand.

Not going to get into an argument about what is fair or unfair when it comes to pricing as it's all subjective.

What I will do instead is post my timeshare pricing:
$1/week for most titles
$1.50/week if the account is pricey ($100+)
(at my sole discretion, deposits may be required for members without rep, and periodically someone will get a discount or freebie offer)

We're a community. Making profits off shares/people imo shouldn't be done. Problem is there are some greedy ass people and they don't care

Just my two cents

You have to be careful with that argument. It's no different then saying PS3 phantoms can be sold for $15+ if a group can't be formed. While you would be free to do that as well, you couldn't then say it was fair. Likewise, why not charge more than $5/week? If it's fair, since the renter would have to spend $35 on a resell, wouldn't $10/week also be fair? At what point does it become unfair?

$5/week in of itself isn't unfair, but when the phantom is paying $25, and the resell may also have sold a locked slot for $10, you have to wonder why anyone would buy something other than a resell.

My point of contention was that he claimed the price is fair, but he regularly lowballs people and just recently decided it was wise to flash his wallet. There is nothing wrong with making money, provided other members aren't getting the shaft in the process (not saying that's the case here). I'll reiterate: He can charge what he wants - he just shouldn't go on about it being fair or him doing some service for those who don't have $35 on hand.
Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing. Why in the hell would someone buy a phantom if they can get a resell for $10 more (based off of $60?) They then can rent the game off for an amount and essentially pay what the phantom paid. I was always for the 1:2 split like on the PS3. I would really like this to be the norm but people won't do it.

Nevermind bought it on my main.

Also selling a phantom of Defense Grid 2 (PS4)

EDIT: Just so there are more PS4 timeshares

Surgeon Simulator PS4 $.75 a week

Transformers Dark Spark PS4 $1.50 a week

What up with the PlayStation 4 camera? Can't even play Just Dance 2015 without it ever picking up my motions. For a company that makes some great high end cameras, the PS4 camera is just disappointing to me. But then again, could just be JD2015 I dunno.

PS4 Legend of Korra $1.50/week

Tales of Xillia 2 $.75/week

What up with the PlayStation 4 camera? Can't even play Just Dance 2015 without it never picking up my motions. For a company that makes some great high end cameras, the PS4 camera is just disappointing to me. But then again, could just be JD2015 I dunno.

PS4 Legend of Korra $1.50/week
Tales of Xillia 2 $.75/week
You've got to stream dis for it to work!

Where is will2 with them bitches and hoes when ya need him :/ anyway just to add to what roster king is saying if u do that 1:2 split I doubt many groups would get filled as it would make more sense to just wait 2 weeks and get the retail copy used off ebay.In my case not living in the US it especially sux cause we dont have gamestop or any store that does trades and allows us to flip like you guys in the US I always envied that.

Edit Kuhlide we want more rockband streams or we riot. Considering1 person is capable of rioting :/

Where is will2 with them bitches and hoes when ya need him :/ anyway just to add to what roster king is saying if u do that 1:2 split I doubt many groups would get filled as it would make more sense to just wait 2 weeks and get the retail copy used off ebay.In my case not living in the US it especially sux cause we dont have gamestop or any store that does trades and allows us to flip like you guys in the US I always envied that.

Edit Kuhlide we want more rockband streams or we riot. Considering1 person is capable of rioting :/
Hypothetically speaking, if we did do the 2:1 split, a locked account usually sells for $5- $10. That brings the resell to $30-35. Rent it out for a week for $2 a week and you essentially got it for $25 in a month and then could sell the account for $20-$25 and boom, you played the game for free or for a profit. $20 is reasonable because you won't sell it.

Casual viewers of this topic can skip this post. Some good bathroom reading material for the rest of y'all, minor ranting included.

I don't sell resells.

Don't deal with shady members and/or request some form of deposit?

I agree, but:

>Rents for $5/week

>Routinely lowballs (see Snake's main)

The ironing here burned me.

Not saying that, and I'm also not saying you should charge less. You said the prices were fair. I'm simply saying they aren't.

So then why $5? Why not $7.50, or $10?
By Prav's way though might as well use PSNow atleast then you don't waste a few hours downloading it and it costs the same amount. Its funny how people are "disgusted" about how Sony charges but when it is some person people think its peachy keen. I think what Rai was getting at though is he is basically making money off of it after 4 or 5 people timeshare it. Hell he charged 3 dollars to time share an 8 dollar game and had a list of like 10 people so yea he is making it a buissness.. which I am assuming where Rai has the qualm.

It comes down to if people will pay the money and apparently since people are defending him they will. I have nothing against Prav other than how he does buissness with GS and stipulations he puts on people for the Library but then again I try to avoid getting games from him.
You missed a big point and your math on all that is seemingly rounding things up or down to fit an example. PS NOW is only ps3 games. Lower cost resells should be cheaper timeshares, of course. Nobody has a problem with $2.50/wk ps3 shares that cost $20, but apparently do with $5 PS4 resell timeshares that are nearly double the price of that PS3 game at $35. PS NOW also does not let you rent games for $5/week, it's $7/week for PS3 games per week. I charge $5 for PS4 games per week and not more because I feel $5 is a fair price for a new title. It would take 7 weeks of rental to make my money back, nearly two months of me not touching the game that I put money down on. And $3 to timeshare an $8 game? what, walking dead? that share cost me $15 on top of the $15 I spent on season two and I'm offering both seasons rented for $3/week total (matching market prices in that regard)

Yes, you can profit off of timesharing, but why should that be an issue to anyone? Again, it allows people to play the game who don't want to pay full price for a share, and if they're willing to pay the price, then there is a market for it. Call it "business mode" if you want, there's a big difference between profiting through timesharing and profiting through very clearly ripping people off who don't know about this topic. If Raiborg wants to timeshare his games out for pennies as a charitable thing to the community then he's entitled to be able to do that, but to judge someone for not feeling the need to give away things for cheap is completely wrong. I still don't think offering a game for cheaper than any other rental service is grimey whatsoever. people know exactly what they're paying for.

Also FYI I lowball because I have had success in the past. Also, you have no idea what I offer to who, or how many times I've lowballed. I may have lowballed right in the topic two times in my time here. To say I do it on the regular shows that you're making assumptions (assumptions that are wrong, I *very* rarely buy shares outside of initally joining groups). Seeing people who are reposting their shit multiple times might imply that nobody has made them an offer they want yet, but it could also mean nobody has made them an offer period. Twice now I've lowballed and won, so why wouldn't I lowball? It can only go up from there.. that's how negotiating works bruh. I lowball on shit I really don't need anyway, so if I get turned down then it's no biggie.

It's a $10 difference between phantom and resell on PS4 games, but that is a 40% increase in price on a $25 share. Some people don't have the money to cover that extra 40%, or think that it's worth it to pay that extra. It seems like less than it actually is. On top of this, PS4 shares depreciate fairly quickly, so that gap becomes smaller when you're trying to resell. Locked slots should be abandoned IMO, but they won't be. You have to just accept that that's the way things are, and even if they don't seem fair, as long as someone is willing to take that phantom spot, then complaining that it's unfair is an invalid argument (although not an invalid opinion). some people find advantage in paying less now knowing they won't complete a game for a while, rather than paying an extra $10 now to make back their money a few months down the line.

You guys seem to be ignoring a big thing with timesharing, that you have a sunk cost in something that you're not able to play. Try to tell me Raiborg doesn't try to lower his costs through timeshares, I won't believe you. Nobody would buy dragon age on day one and rent it out on day one unless they wanted to make the share cheaper to them in the future. Should he cut himself off from renting it out anymore if he waits 30 weeks or whatever to make his money back on it? No, he would keep renting it out, and would then begin to profit. The argument that people shouldn't profit isn't really a good one when it comes to timesharing because that implies you should just cut yourself off at a certain point even if the market is still there. People have every right to offer timeshares for Raiborgs prices, but you're throwing away potential money for no real reason. Until multiple people are offering a game for timeshare (which is definitely not the case on 99% of ps4 games), then people don't have an alternate source, and have to wait for the timeshare to become available. If an additional source comes in and charges twice as much and that person on the buying end is cool with paying for the timeshare so that they don't have to wait for the initial person's timeshare to become available, then all the power to that additional source imo. Raiborg charges next to nothing for his timeshares, but that doesn't mean it's a standard set in place that everyone has to adhere to.

think in terms of a psn game like transistor. you can say sony is charging too much, but if someone wants to pay $20 for it, why would sony deny them the offering just because a few people think it's too expensive? should they not offer it at all to please the complainers and thus turn down the potential supporters? These statements are not me saying people who are charging low costs for timeshares are wrong. I'm merely defending the stance that pricing is subjective and that no standard is actually set in place.

And one again, if the market didn't want to pay timeshare prices, we would be forced to lower them. There's a reason me and ashton are able to keep our prices higher, it's because supply on timeshares of ps4 games is low and people are still willing to pay the higher prices, as it's still a cheaper way to play the game for them. Hell, supply is so low that I had to repeatedly offer $4/week to be able to rent an alien timeshare and nobody offered me one for a few weeks.

TL:DR - if the market exists for somethin, and you can offer the service, take the opportunity. all this talk about "taking advantage of the community" is taking this situation to an extreme imo. it's not taking advantage of someone if they fully understand what they're paying for and are willing to pay for it. benefitting from that doesn't make you greedy, the service should benefit both parties otherwise it shouldn't be offered.

And for the love of christ, can we please do away with locked slots? They're nothing but trouble.

Any of yall wanna watch me stream some shit?

Playing Sherlock Holmes right now ( thanks to snakey.. )

Edit: If you're comparing a $2.50/week PS3 timeshare ($20 for a resell) to a PS4 timeshare then a PS4 timeshare should be ~$4.38/week ( $35 for a resell ) and not $5

Just saying...

Problem is locked accounts are scarce to non existent but I see where you are going. Thing is a system was put in place when the ps4 came out to avoid future bantering *not saying we bantering* But rules are placed to create order and it seems to work as it is. Heck even gtz guys use the formula and have the same rules as us...kinda

Edit
Welcome back Mangoshadow..

Any of yall wanna watch me stream some shit?

Playing Sherlock Holmes right now ( thanks to snakey.. )

Edit: If you're comparing a $2.50/week PS3 timeshare ($20 for a resell) to a PS4 timeshare then a PS4 timeshare should be ~$4.38/week ( $35 for a resell ) and not $5

Just saying...

Can't find your stream on Ps4!
I'm fucking drunk, tell me where your stream is!

Coming up in a sec!

http://www.twitch.tv/mageshadow

Probably gonna do Sherlock Holmes / Rogue Legacy / Destiny / Fifa 15

Killer is Dead

Was £19.99/€29.99/AU$39.95, now £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95

10% additional PS Plus discount

$3.47?

1.pancakes

2.rpg

$1.74?

1.kb420mcl

Zombeer Ps3 $5

Trophy Guide - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/zombeer/guide/

1.rpg

2.pancakes

$0.83

Selling (PS3 Phantoms)

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag + Batman: Arkham Origins
  • The Wolf Among Us + Gta 4 [customspoiler='standalone dlc'](The Lost and Damned / The Ballad of Gay Tony) [/customspoiler]
  • Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon + Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
  • Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD
  • Walking Dead Season 2 + Jeopardy

Problem is locked accounts are scarce to non existent but I see where you are going. Thing is a system was put in place when the ps4 came out to avoid future bantering *not saying we bantering* But rules are placed to create order and it seems to work as it is. Heck even gtz guys use the formula and have the same rules as us...kinda

Edit
Welcome back Mangoshadow..
they're just such a pain in the ass, mainly because nobody tells the person buying resells that there is a locked slot on them. most people would want to change the pass on a ps4 game when they buy a share since there's only one resell, but would be locking out the locked slot anyway then. if you're selling an acct with a locked slot, you should be deducting $10 from that sale price at the very least.

man, i hate the economics of gamesharing. i hate even more when debate gets too heated. but I love when people respond to discussions, even if it's stuff i disagree with. i feel like this stuff needs to be discussed rather than just pointing blame and shoving things under the rug quickly. i try to refrain from stating opinion as fact, sometimes it just comes across that way i guess. whenever i post stuff like that, it should be taken as my opinion, not me saying "this is what it has to be accept it or gtfo", i just want ppl to know that

This stuff cracks me up. You say the prices are fair yet keep posting crap in defense of them. While you may charge less than other rental services, they are in fact just that a rental service. They pay for the games in full, not at discounted prices taking advantage of a loophole in the system. I thought this was a place where we come to find games to play on the cheap not to rent them out to cover costs. You know buy a game play it then sell it to someone else so they can play too, if you can't sell it for what you paid no biggie it cost a few bucks to play it.

The economics of game sharing aren't tearing us apart it's the economics of game renting in order to make a few bucks off of each other. This is a game sharing thread last time I looked not a game rental thread. What's next people start borrowing library shares and then they find someone to rent them from them? Make up your mind either it's a community or a business. To be clear I don't care what you or anybody else does or charges for rentals this is just my opinion of this ongoing soap opera.

No more fighting, baby is crying!!

republican-cry-baby-gif.gif

One Love.

Off-Topic: Has anyone played the new Civilization Beyond Earth? Absolutely dig Civ games, and want some sort of reaction from those who played it on Steam.

No more fighting, baby is crying!!

republican-cry-baby-gif.gif

One Love.

Off-Topic: Has anyone played the new Civilization Beyond Earth? Absolutely dig Civ games, and want some sort of reaction from those who played it on Steam.
Bro are you providing more babies for Prada to kick Jeeze u suppose to be the dude that calms the place with B&H :(

bread's done
Back