CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Dang, I didn't know this game came out last month. If anyone has a timeshare/slot for Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day please P.M me! Idc about reviews! I'm that one person who loves Killer is Dead and Drakengard 3.

Dang, I didn't know this game came out last month. If anyone has a timeshare/slot for Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day please P.M me! Idc about reviews! I'm that one person who loves Killer is Dead and Drakengard 3.
No group was formed last time I checked. I made one but left when I found out they went $40 on it.

Sorry guys, was trying to copy and paste my previous post to bump it, but my keyboard (and eyesight, apparently) derped terribly. 

WWE 2K15(PS3)10/28

Resell - $20

Phantom - $10

1. Havoc007

2. Deidara

Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing. Why in the hell would someone buy a phantom if they can get a resell for $10 more (based off of $60?) They then can rent the game off for an amount and essentially pay what the phantom paid. I was always for the 1:2 split like on the PS3. I would really like this to be the norm but people won't do it.
If people think the phantom pricing is unfair, why DO they buy phantoms?

The answer is simple - if enough people think it should be a 1:2 split - or perhaps even more weighted to the resell, they should vote with their wallets by not buying phantoms. Eventually the prices will have to adjust to give people an incentive to buy phantoms again.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would pay $25 for a phantom if a resell is $35.

Everyone can argue all they want but if people want to charge $5 a share let them.  That will just flood more business to others who rent cheaper until the $5 people lower their prices if they don't get any rents.  Personally I think the $1-$2 rental fee is perfectly fine considering CAG is a fairly tightly knit community.  Renting to someone who hasn't been a member for a long time with rep is likely not going to happen.  Free-market economics will prevail.

Da Drop

PS4

Battle Islands

Costume Quest 2- $14.99

Home

#killallzombies

Lords of The Fallen- $59.99

NBA Live 15- $59.99

SingStar

The Unfinished Swan(cross-buy w/PS3/Vita)

PS3

Blood of the Werewolf(demo also)- $9.99

Costume Quest 2- $14.99

Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis(demo also)- tba

MX vs ATV: Supercross

TMNT: Danger of the Ooze- $39.99

Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops(cross-buy with Vita)

WWE 2K15- $59.99

Vita

Freedom Wars

Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror

Unfinished Swan

Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops

@pravado- im only looking for $30-35 for a phantom of my main

I know i got a old Deadfall Adventures group, dig it up rpg!

Anyone in for Danger of Da Ooze?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2SBArv6iY

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling Costume Quest 2 PS3 phantom - $2.50 (need this sold quick)

Also setting up another PS3 group for it..

Costume Quest 2 PS3 - $15

Resell - $7.50

1. Yanksfan

Phantoms - $2.50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZFGqkHsBk

I might phantom out my main, heres some ps4/3 stuff i got. I got every ps plus game on ps4 and most of them on ps3.

PS4 Stuff-

Anomaly 2
Awesomenauts Assemble
Arcade Archives: Rygar
Crimsonland
Counterspy
Destiny Guardian Editon
Defense Grid 2
Diablo 3: UEE
Divekick
Escape Goat 2
Futuridium EP Deluxe
Fibbage
Kickbeat
Guacamelee Super Turbo Edition
Hotline Miami
Last Tinker
Rogue Legacy
Golf Club
OlliOlli
Tiny Brains
Second Chance Heroes
Nidhogg
Race The Sun
PvZ: Garden Warfare
Pure Pool
Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition
Last of Us Remastered w/ lots of extra mp dlc
Shadow of Mordor season pass
Watch_Dogs Season Pass
Lots of Zen Pinball 2 tables including South Park
Lots of Pinball Arcade Tables
Trials Fusion w/season pass
Titan Attacks
Steamworld Dig

also have ps plus until april 2015.

Pm me some offers, need paypal or psn codes only (i have alot of ps3 stuff but mostly older stuff and ps + stuff)
here u mage bruh

I saw a lot of people were interested in NHL 15 on here so this might be a good place to say it...i have a code for the Ultimate Edition (PS3) of NHL 15 if anyone is interested, PM me :)
(not free lol)

[quote name="Yanksfan" post="12187185" timestamp="1414410298"]Selling Costume Quest 2 PS3 phantom - $2.50 (need this sold quick)

Also setting up another PS3 group for it..

Costume Quest 2 PS3 - $15

Resell - $7.50

1. Yanksfan

Phantoms - $2.50

1. Hayate188
2. Hayate188

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZFGqkHsBk[/quote]

You can put me as resell if need, thx

I really don't know how the rental pricing structure degenerated into a resell/phantom pricing structure discussion but here is my opinion.

I think the current price structure that we have for PS4 games 35/25 is just the right one for $60 games it looks for me fair for both the reseller and the phantom, for me buying a phantom for $25 it's just fair, not cheap but fair, especially if you plan to keep the game, in my case I like to have a big library of games to choose from, I personally don't buy PS4 phantoms because I have no space on my PS4 (bought a huge phantom when I got the console and no one told be to buy a 2TB HDD from starts) if I had the option I would pull a Snakey and buy only phantoms, I did with my PS3 and really enjoy taking my time to play and enjoy all the games on my library.

The main problem that I see with Resells it that they devaluate extremely fast, man! is like buying a new car you pull it of the dealership and right there you lost 30% of the value, so if I buy a game for $35 and plan to sell it three weeks later, I would only get $25-$30 for that (I saw that SoM and A:Iso resells for $25) so you are basically paying $5-10 for a three week rental and you have to face the full value of the game, but even though you have this devaluation people still find the $35 fair and attractive.

Using a 40/20 price structure for a $60 game would be really attractive for the phantoms but not so much for the resells, the thread would be flooding with people looking for PS4 phantoms and no one willing to pay $40 for a resell, why would anyone pay $40 for a digital resell if they can get most of the games preordered from dell with a $25 giftcad after the first $60 you would pay $35 for every game, yes they come a week later but then you can just take your game to bestbuy when they have some promotion and get your money back, and on top on that the resell market would be so limited that it would get really hard to sell that some weeks later.

We can clearly see that people is comfortable with the price structure seeing games like CoD:AW, see how many people is looking to buy PS4 phantoms even if everyone would have used the $18/12 structure there would be just as many members looking for phantoms. the main problem is not the price, is that we are looking to get the games as cheaper as we can but in the specific situation of the game sharing scene the cheaper one gets it the more expensive is for the other.

P.S. I think, like Raiborg said before, that a different price structure should be used for games that are $40 or lower.

P.P.S. I also think that a $5/week rental is insane, but like everyone before me said, it's a free market and if they find someone willing to pay that then go ahead but if I see the same game that is being rented for $1.5 - 2.0 by an other member guess what would anyone would choose. 

A rental for $1.5 -2.5 is just fair and I don't see it as a way to profit I see it as a way to get some money back for the games that you are not using at the moment. 

EDIT: and Snakey I would take that phantom for $30 in a heartbeat if I had the HDD space! 

Omg guys, just let it go. This is the 100th debate on pricing we've had in the past year or so. No one' so pinion has changed, and everyone is just spouting the same BS over and over. Everyone things they're right, no one is going to just suddenly wake up and say "Oh I'm wrong, I'll completely change everything I've done!" Im not saying anyone should do that, but seriously I don't know what people are looking to accomplish here by bringing up the same crap. And if someone did suddenly change their opinion, you'd have a certain someone else quoting them six months from now and calling them a flip flopper. Can we move on now?

Times are rough when Stotch is the voice of reason.

It's actually not bad to talk about these kinds of things as long as we all remind ourselves to keep our posts civil. I didn't chime in because I felt like I had nothing to contribute other than an opinion.

I know i got a old Deadfall Adventures group, dig it up rpg!
Deadfall Adventures-

r-
1.HyeVltg3
2.pantsu
-----
1.snakey
2.pantsu

We'd actually changed that so that HyeV got one resell then I'm taking one resell and one phantom, if that's what he still wants to do.

Is it actually coming out in NA? I'd heard that it was only being released in EU atm

^ Dang, $30 for @snakey's phantom is a steal. Destiny, alone, is worth half that (if not more).

I don't mean to drag out the debate about timeshare prices, but also consider that some of us just want a glimpse at the game. Very rarely will I actually complete/"plat" a game in a damn week. Stuff like Walking Dead or First Light being the exception. Often I just want to see what a game is about. I suspected I might not like Shadow of Mordor, and sure enough, it's not my cup of tea. Or, in the case of Rogue Legacy, I ended up loving and will buy it on my main acct next time it goes on sale (vita cross-buy). It can go both ways and you guys have saved me a bunch of money. Really appreciate this community. I should probably start returning the favor but am just too damn lazy to change passwords.

But yeahhh, charge what you want, I guess. No ill feelings. I just like giving people a hard time.

Can somebody redirect to a thread that explains how PS4 game sharing works, I am new to game sharing and do not understand the terminology used. What is the difference between a phantom and resell. How many resells can you have per account, how many phantoms can you have per account. I spent an hour searching for details and I even messaged bastiartadi. 

Can somebody redirect to a thread that explains how PS4 game sharing works, I am new to game sharing and do not understand the terminology used. What is the difference between a phantom and resell. How many resells can you have per account, how many phantoms can you have per account. I spent an hour searching for details and I even messaged bastiartadi.
If no one fills you in by 5 PM ET tonight feel free to send me a message and I'll answer any questions you have. I have a pretty good explanation of the terminology and process on a document on my home PC.

bread's done
Back