CAG Star Trek Online Fleet/game discussion thread

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']A shame. I'll message some of you peeps when I get the game because I want to try it out, or this stupid gaming PC I put together is a 600 dollar waste.

How much are the TNG uniforms in the C-store? If too much, I'll buy the collector's edition. I don't understand why there's microtransactions when people are paying fifteen bucks a month.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has the CE edition for 30 bucks. It looks like its part of their summer sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75981

I'm not sure if you still get the The Constitution Class Starship with the purchase but if you do that alone would cost 10 bucks its self.

Good looks! I did check Amazon and there's two listings for used Collector's Editions for 21.50 shipped. If I hear good responses about their conditions, I am going to pick one of those up

EDIT: Snagged. 21.65 shipped. Seller told me it was in brand new condition, just open box. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
grrrr:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Just hate it how the game dropped in price so much so soon. It was like 70 for the CE, then down to 50, then down even more...:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I've seen the interiors in the preview videos... damn they are WAY too big for a starship..... the star base I can kinda understand but damn way too big as the corridors are suppose to be small :(

That really sucks they are charging for the excelsior class :(

Well, the used collector's edition I ordered was missing the com badge collectible. I emailed the buyer about this, since he told me it included everything, and he said he'd let me know when he got in more stock. I said, all right, and then he emailed me a few hours later telling me he's just going to refund everything and I get to keep the game.

:shock:

So who wants to play?

I'll be online in about an hour or so. Look around at Season 2 content and what not. Sinclair@ValenKorde.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, the used collector's edition I ordered was missing the com badge collectible. I emailed the buyer about this, since he told me it included everything, and he said he'd let me know when he got in more stock. I said, all right, and then he emailed me a few hours later telling me he's just going to refund everything and I get to keep the game.

:shock:

So who wants to play?[/QUOTE]

Nice, a free collector's edition (even minus the com badge) is a pretty good score if the whole thing still works.

I've been playing about every night since Season 2 went live, checking out diplomacy missions (really cool) and just leveling my tactical character. I'm usually on fairly late, but maybe that will work out since you're in Arizona. ;) Feel free to add @metaly in-game.

Also, some good news for Excelsior fans! It'll be available later this month. These posts from the official forums sum it up nicely:

Originally Posted by dstahl
Excelsior "Search for Spock" version - Aug 24
Excelsior "Generations" version - Aug 26
Nebula - Sep 23rd? or something close to that.
Originally Posted by Acylion
the Tier 3 Excelsior will be available in-game for energy credits. The Tier 5 Excelsior is a C-store account-wide unlock. The T5 is the Generations refit, but we'll be able to customize it to look like the older Excelsior.
I'm pretty excited, and very happy that at least the T3 version won't cost C-Points. Time to get my engineer up to commander!

8/24 is also the same day the first of the weekly episodes goes live.

So I was on the official site and checking out the C-store.... what the hell...saucer sep Galaxy (still not modeled correctly!) is for sale!!!
Cloakable Defiant!!??!?!?!?!? for cstore credits!?!?!?!

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I considered coming back just for saucer sep galaxy...but no way I am buying that shit.

Those two ships (plus the ablative armor Intrepid) are the new Vice Admiral T5 ships. You get a token for a free one once you reach Vice Admiral. If you want another one after that, you can grind out emblems in-game, no CP needed.

[quote name='metaly']Those two ships (plus the ablative armor Intrepid) are the new Vice Admiral T5 ships. You get a token for a free one once you reach Vice Admiral. If you want another one after that, you can grind out emblems in-game, no CP needed.[/QUOTE]

Yea..but that still defeats the purpose when someone who's rich can come in and buy that ship. Yea I know there are arguments about this right now on the forums. No ship should be on the c-store at all. Everything should be earned in game. There is room for this in the game.

I understand what you're saying and I agree that they shouldn't be selling gameplay advantages in the C-Store, but that's not what's happening here. Once you reach VA, you get one of these ships for free. The only reason to buy one off the C-Store is if you want to try one of the other two and don't have the patience to earn the emblems for it. I only see it being a problem for players who like to mix up careers/ship classes. Most people will probably just pick the refit that matches their career.

All I want to know is if I can use a Galaxy class starship. Those are my favorite looking ones for whatever reason. And then I want to upgrade the hell out of it so I can recreate The Best of Both Worlds except in this version I blow up like 20 Borg cubes.

(Sorry if this isn't possible in the game, and I am just dreaming)

[quote name='metaly']I understand what you're saying and I agree that they shouldn't be selling gameplay advantages in the C-Store, but that's not what's happening here. Once you reach VA, you get one of these ships for free. The only reason to buy one off the C-Store is if you want to try one of the other two and don't have the patience to earn the emblems for it. I only see it being a problem for players who like to mix up careers/ship classes. Most people will probably just pick the refit that matches their career.[/QUOTE]

Yea i see what your saying.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']All I want to know is if I can use a Galaxy class starship. Those are my favorite looking ones for whatever reason. And then I want to upgrade the hell out of it so I can recreate The Best of Both Worlds except in this version I blow up like 20 Borg cubes.

(Sorry if this isn't possible in the game, and I am just dreaming)[/QUOTE]

But the Galaxy X is for sale if that helps....

Wow. The nickel and diming continues on the C-store. $5 for 2 additional costume slots on one character?

Glad I cancelled my subscription. They shouldn't treat customers who already pay $15 a month like that.

Hmmm.... tomorrow is welcome back weekend.....

I might try it to see how things are going.
I wanna see if my points at the cap where banked so when I logged back in it will move me up.

So I came back this morning for the free weekend....

Meh...

Dabo!!!

so so...

My accolades have only pushed me up a bit..but I am still at level 41 :( damn it.

Ship Interiors are so so...

Too bad they won't let you decorate your ready room :(

I would be all over that if you collect loot and they allow you to decorate your ready room.

I actually had fun doing this in star wars galaxies...

So with Season 2 and Welcome Back Weekend in full swing, anyone planning on playing this weekend? I'll probably be on late tonight as well.

There was a huge patch last night or the night before that apparently fixed a bunch of story accolades. Nothing like logging in and then immediately ranking up (and having to sit through a few minutes of accolades popping).

I might try to get on later after I finish some paperwork.

Well I might be if the damn thing ever finishes patching. I should have started patching it from work and it would've been done by the time I got home. Damn.

I was on last night for a few hours. Didn't see much of anyone. I'll probably get on for a few hours tonight as well.

I ended up playing for about 3-4 hours last night. I had only planned to play for an hour or so but was drawn in. Spoke with another fleet member, hadn't seen one actually on while I've been on in the past couple weeks. Good to see. Since I can start earning more XP and have some new missions I might actually play more here soon. That and I just respec'ed to Cruiser Captain to see how that runs for me. Should be interesting.

With the new feature episodes starting tomorrow, would anyone be interested in getting together to do them as a group?

I'm not around tomorrow when they go live at 11 AM Pacific, but I was thinking something like Saturday evening, probably not as late as the old fleet nights.

There's going to be a new feature episode every Saturday for the next few weeks.

Just made admiral tonight, I'd like to play with some of you guys, but I'm running on my cell phone connection, so it can be somewhat unreliable. I'll be back in action on the regular in a week or so!

Finally got my internet connection, saw Metaly for a little bit, if anyone wants to join up some time to run some missions, let me know the time and place!

Wow basically giving the game away now (Collector's Edition has been $10 twice on Amazon now), and looks like the group only got one new member in months. I really want to get back into it but I'm trying to plan a house addition and that takes most of my gaming hours. Not a normal house addition mind you when I get it done STO will look awesome on my projector screen (hopefully).

We do have multiple new fleet members thanks to Metaly's tireless efforts. I just haven't been promoting this thread properly.

I've been wanting to get back into the game for a while now (Lifetime membership) but real life has been so busy, I just can't play an RPG for any sufficient length of time. Some time!

I scored a Collectors Ed the last time it was on sale for 10 bucks. I'm willing to give the (3) 10 day codes to one of the more active CAG fleet admins to pass along to folks. I figure they are willing to put the effort to keep the fleet togehter they deserve the referral bonus if the new users stick.

Season 3 and UGC should be out mid December, so that I hope will bring more folks to the game.

I haven't been on as much lately because of my schedule so unfortunately I've been slacking on the recruiting efforts a little, but I still manage to log in at least a couple times a week to do some dailies/fleet actions and the weekly episode. Last week's episode was probably the best one so far. I highly recommend it.

I'll probably be on this evening to do the new weekly, which involves another trip to the 23rd century. :)

Ooh, what's up, fools!?

ksf.jpg

SCIENCE!

screenshot_2010-11-08-23-30-22.jpg

A preview of Season 3: Genesis is now available on the Tribble test server. (Actually it's been available for a few days, but I just got around to patching and trying it out.) I didn't play around with it much yet, but one of the most noticeable changes is the new sector space:
screenshot_2010-11-17-00-32-27.jpg

Amazingly, this screen is from the Sirius Sector, near the SS Azura. Space finally looks dark and vast--no more goofy grids (although you can turn them back on if you really want). Ships are illuminated dramatically and stars streak past as you fly. It's really cool to see in action.

I don't know if any elements from the Foundry (the user-generated mission tools) are on Tribble yet, but the beta will be launching day one of Season 3. After being amazed at some of the custom levels from LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers, I'm excited to see what the STO community comes up with in the weeks following the Season 3 launch.

The official Season 3 announcement is here, and here's the accompanying engineering report.

Also don't forget to check out the Devidian featured episodes if you haven't already. They blow the Breen episodes out of the water, and by the end of the series you'll have collected some pretty awesome loot:
tosphaser.jpg

hmmm...with some money coming in ...i *might* be returning soon..........as long as my shit hasn't been deleted :O or nerfed to hell.

Hey I started playing STO about a week ago. Interestingly I was able to experience a little of the "old style" sector space then a few days after I got the game season 3 came out and I got upgraded to the new one.

It's pretty fun so far I have just been playing missions and leveling up. Finally got out of the starter ships and into a Lt Commander level Cruiser.

A random question, seems like every time I complete one of the "exploration" missions, they offer another right away. Same with the patrol/defend ones. Not knowing any better I just keep taking them. Do they eventually run out, or do they just give them out forever and I should stop accepting them at some point?

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Hey I started playing STO about a week ago. Interestingly I was able to experience a little of the "old style" sector space then a few days after I got the game season 3 came out and I got upgraded to the new one.

It's pretty fun so far I have just been playing missions and leveling up. Finally got out of the starter ships and into a Lt Commander level Cruiser.

A random question, seems like every time I complete one of the "exploration" missions, they offer another right away. Same with the patrol/defend ones. Not knowing any better I just keep taking them. Do they eventually run out, or do they just give them out forever and I should stop accepting them at some point?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

They keep coming...just keep grinding them or do story missions until you get to one that's still broken. That broken fire cave mission had me stuck for 2 months :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Ruahrc']Hey I started playing STO about a week ago. Interestingly I was able to experience a little of the "old style" sector space then a few days after I got the game season 3 came out and I got upgraded to the new one.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

exploration and defend missions are the grind missions designed to fill out any gaps in getting real quests. I only did them a few times and never bothered to spend the marks or what ever it is they give you. The loot I earned in missions was good enough for me to skip grinding dailys and crafting.

I'm going to wait until the first batch of good UGC shows up before I jump back in.

Just need to add the Amazon DD version is on sale for 5 bucks. I got it because I wanted the ship battery, but not only did it give me these items:

# TOS Uniform Set
# Joined Trill:
# "KHAAAN!" Emote ."
# Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote
# Registry Prefix
# Ship battery

but it also gave me the Bestbuy tribble & Targ, Steam DD armor, and 500 C store points from the Atari DD. Its insane so if someone wanted to take the plunge and pick up the amazon DD version I would say its worth it . The 500 points alone is worth 6.25.

And I just tested it, and the $2.50 non-Digital Deluxe version does NOT add 500 points to an existing account. Waste of $2.50, oh well. But the Digital Deluxe version does come with points and items, so it's a smart buy.

Nice find, KingDox. Anyone know if the Amazon DD version is still redeemable if I've got the Steam DD? I think I'm mostly after the tribble and the C-points.

The defense battery is really good, by the way. It's the best of the bonus items and you can't even get it in the C-store at the moment. I used it all the way up to captain on a few characters.

[quote name='metaly']Nice find, KingDox. Anyone know if the Amazon DD version is still redeemable if I've got the Steam DD? I think I'm mostly after the tribble and the C-points.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. That is what I did.

I started a thread on the STO boards and it looks like some folks saw the DD gives you 6.25 worth of points. I wonder if the that thread will blow up now since its like free items on top of free money. Add into the xmas sale in the Cstore and the 500 points is awesome.

I'm almost curious if you could just keep buying DD versoin and if the 500 points stacked but that seems like exploiting the deal. And I'm too much of an honorable CAG to do that.

EDIT: Ok so I picked up a regular digital version of STO to create a 2nd account and use that as a referral to my first account. I got the holo tribble and extra title with no problems. I just canceled out when asked to provide billing info on the 2nd account. Funny thing, the 2nd account did get a the borg BO. A crazy thing then happend with my accounts too, I could try on clothes at the tailor like the 7 of 9 uniform and Merc costumes but when I tried save the changes of course it displayed error messages about items being restricted. Strange how that happened.

bread's done
Back