CAG Star Trek Online Fleet/game discussion thread

[quote name='ITDEFX']I said YO and you never responded.

lol.[/QUOTE]
Haha. I must have been in a battle or something. I checked the fleet roster when I logged in and I was the only one on.

Well I know some people that haven't been kicked from the group I never saw online when I was, but whatever. I guess Saturday was the big night and I never made it to those.

I'm a lifer, so I don't feel compelled to play everyday like I might with a pay-per-month sub. Playing Red Dead right now, but I'll definitely pop in and out.

I've actually been revisiting Champions Online too since I have a life sub on that one too.

If Old Republic offers a lifetime, then I'd be all over that as well.

[quote name='gunm']I'm a lifer, so I don't feel compelled to play everyday like I might with a pay-per-month sub.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the way I am and since I know they are improving the game all the time, I'd rather wait it out a few weeks/months now that the newness wore off. It was ok to put up with the killer bugs at first, but it got old quick.

We could set up new playtimes if people were willing. It would be a lot easier to know when others are playing if people would use Steam properly and launch STO through Steam. That way, you could see somebody was playing and launch the game to join them, instead of launching the game just to check. Or you could MSG someone and ask him if he wants to play with you, etc. But Steam seems to mystify some people, sadly.

Our membership is dwindling a bit, which sucks. I'm hoping we'll get a shot in the arm when Cryptic finally fixes fleet actions and when Season 2 comes out. Season 1 sure didn't help us any, but 2 actually adds new missions, so it's looking better.

[quote name='eastx']We could set up new playtimes if people were willing. It would be a lot easier to know when others are playing if people would use Steam properly and launch STO through Steam. That way, you could see somebody was playing and launch the game to join them, instead of launching the game just to check. Or you could MSG someone and ask him if he wants to play with you, etc. But Steam seems to mystify some people, sadly.

Our membership is dwindling a bit, which sucks. I'm hoping we'll get a shot in the arm when Cryptic finally fixes fleet actions and when Season 2 comes out. Season 1 sure didn't help us any, but 2 actually adds new missions, so it's looking better.[/QUOTE]

I just want them to fix the damn bugs!!! It really bums me that I can't complete the fire cave mission because of the bugs :(

Also you don't need to log in to see who's on line. You can log in to the web site, and then check your friends list and it shows you whos on line.

[quote name='gunm']I'm a lifer, so I don't feel compelled to play everyday like I might with a pay-per-month sub. Playing Red Dead right now, but I'll definitely pop in and out.

I've actually been revisiting Champions Online too since I have a life sub on that one too.

If Old Republic offers a lifetime, then I'd be all over that as well.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. There isn't a mountain of content in the game so I don't feel the need to burn through it. I might log on 3 times a week at most. I've only made Captain last weekend and that's on my one Main.

I think the support for fleets blows, I mean it would be nice if we had a guild house or something where we could meet. Also honestly beyond the CE and the STF missions is there anything I can't solo?

And with the STF missions you need to be a RA and I'm barley a captain. If you got better loot when in a group fleets would be much better off. And don't get me started on support rolls in the game getting the shaft when it comes to compensation for helping people.

Maybe when the Klingons get some non-pvp stuff we can have a Klingon fleet and have more reasons to meet up.

Good news! Season 1.2 comes out next week and includes fleet improvements, so perhaps we'll finally be able to do fleet actions together again.

[quote name='ITDEFX']20% off sale this weekend at the c-store....yet there isn't anything I want to buy :|[/QUOTE]
The Star Cruiser looks nice, IMO. I still have some bonus points I think from that survey. Might pick that up.

[quote name='eastx']Good news! Season 1.2 comes out next week and includes fleet improvements, so perhaps we'll finally be able to do fleet actions together again.[/QUOTE]

Hope so, I love the fleet actions!

Be prepared for 10-20 minutes of Accolade computing when you first log in after the patch....

Edit: bonus... I received enough skill points from Accolades to level up to Captain :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm it didn't take me 10 mins to Accolade...but I was doing a WTF moment seeing all that shit... Made it to 25% thru RA4.... hey how do I find out what level I am at ?35 or what?

yay I am at RA5..... now in borg space. Guess it's time to buy a new ship and fire my bridge officers. btw..they finally fixed the Fire cave mission! After 3 months I finally beat it!

My accolades pushed me all the way to RA5 apparently. I know the last time I logged in and played I was not at RA5.

[quote name='jp0213']My accolades pushed me all the way to RA5 apparently. I know the last time I logged in and played I was not at RA5.[/QUOTE]

i was 25% into RA3 when I logged in yesterday... After it's calculations, it puts me 25% into RA4 :whistle2:\ Beat that fire cave mission and ran a few others and finally cracked RA5.

Work is slowing off enough I might actually get to log in and play the game for a decent amount of time.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The veteran rewards should be live as well, so if you wanted to level an alt, now's the time with the skill point bonus.[/QUOTE]

yay time to level up my Marauder Mo! :booty:

the accolades pushed me from Capt 1 to Capt 2. Pretty cool to get the free auto level and not have to grind out for a bit.

I'm not sure what they buffed and what they nerfed but I could swear my ship seemed stronger. I dig earning the accolades and earning all the new titles. The vet reward com badge is also pretty cool.

I gotta say I think Cryptic had a real winner with this patch.

Just made RA5 yesterday. Still have quite a few episodes to finish, been spending too much time in the repeating explore missions.

I would join the fleet but I play at random times. I didn't log in for over a month then started playing everyday. Probably will slow down again now and get back to Super Mario Galaxy 2. :)

Looks like the Cryptic store added new stuff...which is actually the stuff some retailers were giving out when you bought the game from them....I knew this was going to happen :|

Is anyone still interested in playing this in a group? The Saturday fleet night has been pretty dead, but I'm wondering if that's more because it starts so late. I'm not on as much anymore, maybe a few nights a week leveling up my tactical lieutenant, but it would be fun if people wanted to group up to do fleet actions or even just missions.

[quote name='metaly']Is anyone still interested in playing this in a group? The Saturday fleet night has been pretty dead, but I'm wondering if that's more because it starts so late. I'm not on as much anymore, maybe a few nights a week leveling up my tactical lieutenant, but it would be fun if people wanted to group up to do fleet actions or even just missions.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played in days.... I just don't know why our fleet is dead. I am already in borg space so I can do some of the big group quests , I usually see less than 2 people from our fleet on.

My work keeps me from getting on for long periods of time. That and when I do play I'm just not super motivated. I'm hoping to change that soon but work keeps throwing me curveballs. I don't like to play late at night so that's the reason I never see anyone. I pretty much wont play much past 11 and even that is pushing it.

Well, every time we ask for better playtimes, nobody ever suggests any. Jp was never on board for the fleet events anyway. :p The majority who remain in the fleet are apathetic, outside of Metaly and a couple of others.

I wish I could pull some super leadership move that would bring us all together, but I feel like the problems are more from:
  • The quality of the game itself
  • The game's craptastic fleet support. They improved a few fleet features recently, but those all should have been fixed in the first month of the game's life, not the fourth. And there's still tons of room for improvement.
  • Cryptic's poor PR and inability to staunch the negative word of mouth that has surrounded STO from the beginning

I still try and make the Saturday night things, but it's summer, we have a lot of family functions (like this last father's day weekend, my kiddo is playing baseball, etc.) that keep me away from the computer. I imagine others have the same type of things going on.

I should be around this weekend. *knock on wood*

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to log on again until at least July at some point. Stupid work.

im giving the game one more month, then I am taking a break.

Although I love star trek, im not having any fun anymore with this game :(

Well I just updated my account information...i'm done on July 4th..but most likely will have a busy weekend anyways. Wow... I really hoped that this game would be really good, but I can't get into anymore. Everyone of my friends on my friends list do not show up anymore. Role Players aren't any fun to hang around with and there is nothing that seems cool anymore. It's defentatly putting a strain on my graphics card/cpu so they need to fix the coding.

I enjoyed playing with the cag fleet, but like I said, no one is really on anymore. Fleet support is useless. I'll come back in a few months once things get better (like new non C-Store ships), but for now Im saving my 15 bucks a month.

I'm almost there too. Was trying to level up some alts to see if that would keep it interesting for me, but it's not. I'm thinking I'll go back to WoW for a while, for the Cataclysm stuff, then maybe go to SWTOR when it launches. That game I have high hopes for, and Cryptic's not involved. :)

Well today is the last day of playing the game. Wow I really can't believe I gave up on this game after only a few months. I gave star wars galaxies 3 years of my life before giving up.

I read the updates how ship interiors were coming. Saw the Galaxy X (but for 25 dollars in C-store points??!?!)...good grief too much money...
I really don't like the c-store now. If a brand new ship cost that much, how much do you think an entire new playable race will cost? But then factor in new race missions and ships and so on..but why not release an expansion disc all together? Microtransactions...fuck that!

I'll come back in a few months.

Anyways it was fun playing with the cags in the game. Thanks EastX for trying! I know there wasn't much you could do due to the limits of the game, but you tried your best!

Well, I'm late to the party then. I finally am getting a competent gaming PC put together. I'll be ready to game this weekend-- just need a copy of the game.
Any sales on the game I should know about, fellows? Also, I really, really want the TNG uniforms. Was that in the collector's edition? I forget. But I'm a huge fan of TNG and I gotta have that style of uniform on my crew. =p

EDIT: Just checked EastX's excellent OP. It is indeed the collector's edition. Surely that is cheap by now? I'm going to be taking a look around.

CAGfleet.com has not been updated since March. Is the CAG fleet dead? :(

I'm in the game every once in a while. Normally between the times 6-11 on any day. I'm not on every one of those days but that's the best time frame to catch me personally. I'm thinking about finally making a second character and play back through. The early stages I find really fun so I'll probably be on more if I do that.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, I'm late to the party then. I finally am getting a competent gaming PC put together. I'll be ready to game this weekend-- just need a copy of the game.
Any sales on the game I should know about, fellows? Also, I really, really want the TNG uniforms. Was that in the collector's edition? I forget. But I'm a huge fan of TNG and I gotta have that style of uniform on my crew. =p

EDIT: Just checked EastX's excellent OP. It is indeed the collector's edition. Surely that is cheap by now? I'm going to be taking a look around.

CAGfleet.com has not been updated since March. Is the CAG fleet dead? :([/QUOTE]

Hey FOS...this game has really dropped in price and in most places you can get the Standard edition for 20 and the CE for 30. TNG uniforms did hit the c-store awhile ago...as expected now pissing people off who bought exclusives.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well today is the last day of playing the game. Wow I really can't believe I gave up on this game after only a few months. I gave star wars galaxies 3 years of my life before giving up.

I read the updates how ship interiors were coming. Saw the Galaxy X (but for 25 dollars in C-store points??!?!)...good grief too much money...
I really don't like the c-store now. If a brand new ship cost that much, how much do you think an entire new playable race will cost? But then factor in new race missions and ships and so on..but why not release an expansion disc all together? Microtransactions...fuck that!

I'll come back in a few months.

Anyways it was fun playing with the cags in the game. Thanks EastX for trying! I know there wasn't much you could do due to the limits of the game, but you tried your best![/QUOTE]
I let my sub lapse as well. The game was fun for a while, but it just gets old after a while.

And the c-store pisses me off too, especially the prices on the new crap they put up there. Wow. :roll: I seriously doubt I'll ever play a Cryptic game again. I have no faith in them as a developer with their audacity to charge ridiculous amounts of money for stuff that should already be in a game people pay $15 a month to play.

I've always been against micro-transactions though. Although "micro" might not be the right word. $25?!? :wall:

Thanks to East for putting the fleet together and everyone else for the fun times.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, I'm late to the party then. I finally am getting a competent gaming PC put together. I'll be ready to game this weekend-- just need a copy of the game.

CAGfleet.com has not been updated since March. Is the CAG fleet dead? :([/QUOTE]

It was getting to the point that it was only a couple of people showing up for fleet nights, so I think for the most part it's dead. Too bad too, I really liked doing the fleet actions.

A shame. I'll message some of you peeps when I get the game because I want to try it out, or this stupid gaming PC I put together is a 600 dollar waste.

How much are the TNG uniforms in the C-store? If too much, I'll buy the collector's edition. I don't understand why there's microtransactions when people are paying fifteen bucks a month.

Hahahaha, 3.50.

Hahahahaha.

I'll buy the collector's edition.

They have the Enterprise from the future from "All Good Things" Which is sweet. But they're charging 2000 points. Over TWENTY BUCKS WTF

You should be using your gaming PC to play Steam games that you buy on the cheap, Friend of Sonic. Steam sales are so incredible. Plus Alien Swarm is brilliant and free!

As for CAGFleet.com, if we can ever get the fleet kicking again (hopefully after Season 2 launches), perhaps we'll do more with the site. You should definitely join the fleet if you start playing STO.

BTW the All Good Things Enterprise is so expensive because it's also available as a free reward for referring 5 people to play the game. I haven't actually referred anybody, but that ship makes me kind of want to.

[quote name='eastx']You should be using your gaming PC to play Steam games that you buy on the cheap, Friend of Sonic. Steam sales are so incredible. Plus Alien Swarm is brilliant and free!

As for CAGFleet.com, if we can ever get the fleet kicking again (hopefully after Season 2 launches), perhaps we'll do more with the site. You should definitely join the fleet if you start playing STO.

BTW the All Good Things Enterprise is so expensive because it's also available as a free reward for referring 5 people to play the game. I haven't actually referred anybody, but that ship makes me kind of want to.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmmmmmm! This makes me happy it's free. Now I have to figure out how to refer 5 people-- btw if you want credit for referring me to the game, let me know how I can do it. I'm fairly positive given the game has dropped in price I'm at least going to try this game for a couple of months. Have they announced what's going to be in season 2?

I'm going to try to play on the Tribble test server a bit this weekend to get a preview of Season 2. They say they're giving out a new type of tribble, too.

I'm not happy that they will be charging for the Excelsior, but I still need that ship. I think the new executive producer said he wants a way to pay for at least some of it in-game, but I haven't read anything definitive yet.

Thanks for the heads up, Metaly. I hate that test server business but I do want the tribble. And shame on them for running late with Season 2!

Just finished playing around on Tribble. Thoughts:

- Ship interiors are sort of cool but still mostly useless, like the bridge. They also still look like they were designed for giants. Apparently I missed that you can set up trophies (and past ship models?) in your ready room, so that's at least one reason to go back.
- Dabo is a nice diversion. It will be nice if they put some items into the latinum store besides ship holo-emitters.
- The waveform minigame takes the monotony out of scanning for anomalies. (Now if only there was something to do with the materials after you scan them...)
- WOW, Photonic Fleet went from a 15 minute cooldown to 4. I haven't been on my science officer lately so this might have happened earlier, but what a change. It's a nice concession considering how hard they've been nerfing science since Season 1. Legacy science consoles had their values corrected, too. :cry:
- DSSVs without the secondary deflector look awesome!

Some screens:

screenshot_2010-07-24-18-28-11.jpg

You can now watch ships cruise by Spacedock.

screenshot_2010-07-24-18-47-44.jpg

They did an absolutely gorgeous job modeling the Excelsior, even if it's the Enterprise-B refit. It's definitely one of the top models in the game.

screenshot_2010-07-24-19-18-08.jpg

A ready room, sans trophies.

screenshot_2010-07-24-20-28-34.jpg

USS Valendia without the secondary array. I also switched to the Nimbus saucer just to try it out.

bread's done
Back