CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I know I'm not the best, but I've been able to hold my own; had I been able to take the guy out a few times I would have been villified but the fucker WOULDN'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Sorry about your troubles. Next time invite me in and we'll double team 'em!

Anyway, I'll be there tonight!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Sorry about your troubles. Next time invite me in and we'll double team 'em!

Anyway, I'll be there tonight![/quote]
Thanks, the first thing I usually do when hopping on WH is check to see what clan members are online and hop into one of those games, last night there were none ....

Who knows, maybe I'll hop on tonight just because I know all you CAGers are pretty cool to game with/against and we all typically avoid being douchbags.

if someone keeps sniping me, i make it my mission to kill them. even if it kills me half a dozen times. but its so satisfying getting that kill.

cu all tonight.

I'll try to hop and and play tonight to fill a spot. I'm not very good because I have never really played but this will be good practice and fun to play against CAGs. See you online!

I revised the list:

Anyway, the current list is 8 games, 15 minutes each:
1. Island Outpost DM
2. Bandlands TDM
3. Destroyed Capital CTF
4. Archipelago TDM (Dogfight)
5. Eucadia DM (I think)
6. Island Outpost CTF
7. Archipelago TDM
8. Destroyed Capital TDM

the second ctf match map was too big for this few people.

but today was a lot of fun. gg everyone.

does warhawk have a force even out the teams like tf2 does?

sorry my mic didn't connect when we first started, and i was about to reconnect to get it working. next time.

My headset died about halfway through but I wanted to say great game to everyone who played tonight, especially the blue team in the last round for managing to pull that out. Also, I should probably spend a little time practicing on whatever the second-to-last map was. I spent most of the round falling off cliffs.

Good game guys, we still need to figure out some way to make the teams alittle more even, but it was pretty damn fun overall. And thanks to Mana Knight for making this all happen.

Yeah, good games everyone. I have an appointment at 9am tomorrow, so I had to go. I'm honestly not sure when the next time will be we have a match yet, but I'll let everyone know.

I was glad to host you all again. :)
[quote name='wtfisthisfob']Good game guys, we still need to figure out some way to make the teams alittle more even, but it was pretty damn fun overall. And thanks to Mana Knight for making this all happen.[/QUOTE]Well, there isn't really a way unfortunately. All I can do is balance teams, so the team number doesn't get messed up (unless people quit). I can have people switch teams, but that's it.

Well, I wrote down the names of who showed up mostly. What I'm thinking about doing is, once the clan size ups to 64, we'll just stick to ONE CAG clan, because I feel there's probably no more than 40 people here still playing this game.

we might as well get rid of all the clans now. and starting adding people only when they show up to one of the CAG gaming nights. cuz were not really a competitive clan. but a gaming group.

i'd like to be able to join some of the members from the other servers, i never see people on east 2. so the sooner we redo the clan, the better it is for all of us.

Fun stuff, great game everyone. My BT battery cut out close to the end too, so I couldn't yammer anymore. Probably better for all anyway. :lol:

Sorry about the bitching during dogfight. I know I suck at it, but we should have the good players self-balance during a game. There's no need for StrandedB to be on the same team as anyone who can get, oh, more than 4 kills in a row! :razz: If we're a gaming group, play nicely damnit!

LOL at my callout to BigMesy during deathmatch... he ended up tripping on my mine, so I didn't have to stab his eyes out after all

Sorry I was late... had to tie up some things at work. I had a good time; tight work Mana Knight! You're the MAN!

Yeah there was at least one match where 2/3 of the way through I realized was totally lopsided. Not only were the good players on one, but the lesser team also had less players. I wanted to switch but kinda felt wrong about it, so I just sat out the last few minutes.

Oh and the dogfight was pretty unbalanced too.

Yeah we should scrap the current clans and start a new one for current members.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yeah there was at least one match where 2/3 of the way through I realized was totally lopsided. Not only were the good players on one, but the lesser team also had less players. I wanted to switch but kinda felt wrong about it, so I just sat out the last few minutes.

Yeah we should scrap the current clans and start a new one for current members.[/QUOTE]

was the the one before the last match... I was on the lesser team, and man you guys had us pinned down good. towards the end I was able to fly off and trigger the spawn point in the middle base - we regrouped got some kills. Still was a good match. I came late so I didnt participate in the earlier matches, but I had the most fun in the last match. Blue team [Eucadians!]- we made our stand!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yeah there was at least one match where 2/3 of the way through I realized was totally lopsided. Not only were the good players on one, but the lesser team also had less players. I wanted to switch but kinda felt wrong about it, so I just sat out the last few minutes.

Yeah we should scrap the current clans and start a new one for current members.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know. I really wish teams could be balanced based on stats, but I'm going to take a look into this more. I do still prefer randomizing the teams though, since I want everyone to get to know each other and mixing things up can get interesting.

Okay, most clan leaders may be pissed at me over this, but what I'm thinking about doing is, I'll have ONE clan created just called CAG (if that clan was already taken since we once had that name, I'll come up with something unique). Nam or I will be the clan leader probably (I like Nam because he's very good and does play a bit, while I organize the events and tend to be the one who's the most reliable on sending invites and such). I spend my Friday/Saturday nights playing Warhawk instead of going out with friends anyway. ;)

It was a good time playing last night, even though I got a little frustrated with the Dog fight also. Being out numbered 2 to 1 sucks, but everyone takes a beating sooner or later. I am more of a tank kind of guy any way. Look forward to the next match.

[quote name='metaly']I'm Pacific, I just haven't gotten an invite.

Also, this whole time I thought your name was "Ion wang"...[/quote]

Holy Crap! It's not is it!

[quote name='metaly']I'm Pacific, I just haven't gotten an invite.

Also, this whole time I thought your name was "Ion wang"...[/QUOTE]I'm going to take charge and make sure everything is taken care of. Time zones will not be divided.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Thanks for the invite. You the clan leader then?[/QUOTE]Yes and I'll stay that way. For things to get done the way I want, I feel I should take charge.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']LOL at my callout to BigMesy during deathmatch... he ended up tripping on my mine, so I didn't have to stab his eyes out after all[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the call out was about or how you even plant trip mines. But I walked into a few of them. I did not even realize they were in the game.

I'm new to PS3 online and I could not get my headset working. This was the first time I played the game and I have no idea how to pilot any of the vehicles. I did have a good time on foot in a couple of the missions.

I need to practice flying and ground vehicle controls for the next time we battle. I also figured out what was wrong with my headset and got that working later in the evening after we finished playing. I will be ready to play on 11/9 and thanks for letting me be a part of the action!

Who is up for a match tomorrow? Maybe StrandedBrit can host a 12 person get together??? Come on you know that you want to!!!! COD4 coming soon, anyone else out there getting it???

I might stop in if there's a match, and if my 2142 squad isn't playing.

Not planning to get CoD4 currently (again due to the 2142), unless it turns out a bunch of my friends want to play it online. The PC demo didn't blow me away, except for the graphics.

All right, I changed the thread title again and made an update. What time do you want to have a game at StrandedBrit?

Anyway, the next game I'm hosting is 11/9. I will assure everyone there will be a huge announcement about it.

I'll be on most of the night, but I'll setup a cag room @ 9:30 EST and run for an hour. If we get more than a few people I'll go longer.

So that's tomorrow 11/2/07 @ 9:30 EST. If others prefer a different time, speak up.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'll be on most of the night, but I'll setup a cag room @ 9:30 EST and run for an hour. If we get more than a few people I'll go longer.

So that's tomorrow 11/2/07 @ 9:30 EST. If others prefer a different time, speak up.[/QUOTE]Okay, I updated the thread title and original post.

I changed the thread title, what else should I do? I sent out several PMs telling people about this thread. I can mention about it in a General gaming thread. Not sure if people will check PSN in time, but I could look into that.

bread's done
Back