CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='GodlyOne']:shock: :D[/quote]
It's fun to do. It lets us play old favorite maps with the new vehicles. :whee: A:AA with APCs.:cool:

Attention: New Recruits and those fairly new to Warhawk. Are you tired of getting killed before even knowing where your at? Well maybe it's time to find a game where the players are a little more balanced in skill levels.

After running the idea past mguiddy, he's given the ok for me to post in the thread here and ask if any of the New Recruits & other lower ranked Warhawk players might be interested in a "Limited Rank Game"

The game would be independent of the current CAG CLAN game Nights (fri, sat.) This new "Limited Rank" game would be open to all fellow Cag's up to a certain rank (most likely SGT) If you would be interested in playing or finding out more. I've started a social group LINK HERE

More information will be posted as it becomes available and pending responses

[quote name='mguiddy']It's fun to do. It lets us play old favorite maps with the new vehicles. :whee: A:AA with APCs.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Everything's better with APCs! As for the Dropship, maybe we could try something different like Collection on Badlands (or Destroyed Capital). And it seems like it's been awhile since we've done jetpack Hero on Close Corridors.

As far as Fridays go, I probably won't be there the next few weeks. If you guys are still playing once BSG is over I may join in.

[quote name='iggywiggum']Everything's better with APCs! As for the Dropship, maybe we could try something different like Collection on Badlands (or Destroyed Capital). And it seems like it's been awhile since we've done jetpack Hero on Close Corridors.

As far as Fridays go, I probably won't be there the next few weeks. If you guys are still playing once BSG is over I may join in.[/quote]
Yes, it has. :lol: Some people were getting bored with it, so I stopped having it as often.
My gripe with the dropship is, it's pretty much only available on the full maps. :cry:

I'll have some new maps this week.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yes, it has. :lol: Some people were getting bored with it, so I stopped having it as often.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could try it earlier when more people are still on, or do jetpack Hero on some different map. Garden Showdown maybe?

[quote name='iggywiggum']Maybe we could try it earlier when more people are still on, or do jetpack Hero on some different map. Garden Showdown maybe?[/quote]
Yes... if we do a booster only night, that is possible.

[quote name='Romis']Attention: New Recruits and those fairly new to Warhawk. Are you tired of getting killed before even knowing where your at? Well maybe it's time to find a game where the players are a little more balanced in skill levels.

After running the idea past mguiddy, he's given the ok for me to post in the thread here and ask if any of the New Recruits & other lower ranked Warhawk players might be interested in a "Limited Rank Game"

The game would be independent of the current CAG CLAN game Nights (fri, sat.) This new "Limited Rank" game would be open to all fellow Cag's up to a certain rank (most likely SGT) If you would be interested in playing or finding out more. I've started a social group LINK HERE

More information will be posted as it becomes available and pending responses[/QUOTE]
I would like offer my services to teach new recruits.

[quote name='GodlyOne']:whistle2:$ I'm going to have to fight the urge to play SFIV or LBP during Saturday's game.[/quote]
You finally got LBP huh...

[quote name='mguiddy']You finally got LBP huh...[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, so far I've only really played one level and spent an hour sitting through the tutorials... so much to wrap my mind around about creating levels.

[quote name='aihuman']I would like offer my services to teach new recruits.[/QUOTE]

Some tips on warhawk piloting would be nice. I get pwned like an unwanted step child in warhawk death matches. Rounds usually go something like this:

fist 1-2 seconds: switch from hover to flight mode.

3-7 seconds: lock on alarms go off.

7-12 seconds: frantically try to switch to chaff; evade missles/ gun fire; fail = blowed up :(

My intentions of making a limited rank games where to give an avenue to learn skills with people on your own level, at least you have a better chance of surviving long enough to put in place tips you're given

[quote name='mguiddy']Assuming TMK doesn't move things around, I can do that on Saturday... maybe even have a full roster of booster games. :whee:
But if TMK does move things around, I'll probably keep it at 4 boosters, since there's been a few people who've posted in here but have yet to show up for a game, and I don't want to exclude them if they do decide to show up.[/QUOTE]I won't ever let Saturday Warhawk go. Friday Warhawk on the other hand..........

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I won't ever let Saturday Warhawk go. Friday Warhawk on the other hand..........[/quote]
Yeah, that was the point.:lol:
I may not want to have all booster nights if there is only one Warhawk night, since I wouldn't want to fully exclude those without boosters.

[quote name='GodlyOne']So there's not going to be an all-booster game? :cry: :lol:[/quote]
There will be an all booster game tomorrow, since tonights partial booster game is still on. And if TMK takes away Fridays, but Romis/Stryker does "newbie friendly" games I may keep doing mostly booster games on Saturdays. I just don't want to prevent people who just got the game from being able to play with CAGs.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']First time at Warhawk for me and I mega-failed! Could you guys here me? I didn't know if headset was working or not.[/quote]
Nope, I couldn't hear you. :lol: You weren't that bad.

I hint a sense of sarcasm :cry: I gotta practice so I can get at least at par with you guys. That wasn't ranked was it? I really want to get those stupid Lone Wolf, Cowboy and zone-based trophies

Do you have to press a button to enable your Bluetooth (like R:FoM)?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I hint a sense of sarcasm :cry: I gotta practice so I can get at least at par with you guys. That wasn't ranked was it? I really want to get those stupid Lone Wolf, Cowboy and zone-based trophies

Do you have to press a button to enable your Bluetooth (like R:FoM)?[/quote]
I had no sarcasm.
No, it wasn't ranked.

Unless you turn on open mic (it's in the options somewhere) you have to click the left stick to turn on the mic).

Oh, damn I turned that off. zen's mic was giving this reverb effect which seemed to go away when I unticked the Open Mic box. I'll have to put that back on for the next CAG night.

LMK if any of you can help me with the hard trophies, I'll be glad to return the favor.

Hey i'd like to jump with you guys, when is the next time you play (thats tonight right???).. I am a newb but I learn quick lol.

My PSN ID is SGKazo so add meeeee please :(

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Y'all got double-double teamed!! :twisted:
And we still lost... :cry:
[/quote]
Did you really have three other people playing with you?

[quote name='kazo']Hey i'd like to jump with you guys, when is the next time you play (thats tonight right???).. I am a newb but I learn quick lol.

My PSN ID is SGKazo so add meeeee please :([/quote]
Well... tonight is a scheduled "Booster only" night, if you have the boosters, feel free to join, otherwise you'll have to wait until next week, unless Romis's "newbie nights" start up before then.

I've not had that many responses for a "Newbie Night" but I'm flexible (I've got boosters myself so I'll be playng, tonite's Clan Game)
Is it just me or does the flight controls a bit easier on pro-mode than on assisted mode?

- mguiddy, tonite's Warhawk Game & Friday's CAG Clan nite are they still open to new cags who might wanna join in? I've got a friend who's new to cag but not new to 'flight-fightin' I've told him about our game but not sure if he has boosters,

[quote name='Romis']I've not had that many responses for a "Newbie Night" but I'm flexible (I've got boosters myself so I'll be playng, tonite's Clan Game)
Is it just me or does the flight controls a bit easier on pro-mode than on assisted mode?

- mguiddy, tonite's Warhawk Game & Friday's CAG Clan nite are they still open to new cags who might wanna join in? I've got a friend who's new to cag but not new to 'flight-fightin' I've told him about our game but not sure if he has boosters,[/quote]
I've used pro-flight since I first got the game, I tried going back to assisted and can't stand it.

Yes, Friday and Saturday games are always open to new people (unless we're trying to have a Ranked game, in which case it may be limited to clan only, but those are very few and very far between now), however, until TMK makes Warhawk a one night a week thing, I'll be doing mostly or all boosters on Saturdays, so if someone doesn't have the boosters they'll have to show up on Fridays, which, starting next week, will have more non booster rounds.

[quote name='mguiddy']Did you really have three other people playing with you?
[/QUOTE]

Actually...yes! :rofl:
Very funny story about that... My brother was the only other person who could play, because two of the controllers were Guitar Hero/Rock Band controllers, but I forgot that they did not have the analog sticks to actually move, so that's why two of me were just standing still (or jumping). :lol:

@mguiddy I've been trying that hint on how to get to the top of the dome but I've not succeeded.. I must be doing something wrong.. lol

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Actually...yes! :rofl:
Very funny story about that... My brother was the only other person who could play, because two of the controllers were Guitar Hero/Rock Band controllers, but I forgot that they did not have the analog sticks to actually move, so that's why two of me were just standing still (or jumping). :lol:[/quote]
:rofl: That's awesome.

[quote name='Romis']@mguiddy I've been trying that hint on how to get to the top of the dome but I've not succeeded.. I must be doing something wrong.. lol[/quote]
If people can stop the killing long enough I'd try to show you how tonight, sometimes it's hard to get them to stop though.

I'll look for you, If I can survive long enough.. Lol..
I don't have a headset
Do you have to head for the ladder platform and go from there?

Another ? When your trying to pick up some of the trophies, Does the game have to be ranked? or have a certain amount of players like to get the collection trophy or others? I ask cause four of us where trying to help each other something wasn't working right?

[quote name='Romis']I'll look for you, If I can survive long enough.. Lol..
I don't have a headset
Do you have to head for the ladder platform and go from there?

Another ? When your trying to pick up some of the trophies, Does the game have to be ranked? or have a certain amount of players like to get the collection trophy or others? I ask cause four of us where trying to help each other something wasn't working right?[/quote]
To get to the top of the dome you have to go up the ladder to the small platform with the rocket launcher, then up onto the beams on either side of the platform. Seems to work best for me if I aim for the first "joint" in the beam (if you look at it sideways you'll see several bends in the joint), then once you jump, let go of the left stick, it's easy to fall off if you try to land moving, then just take it slow.

Unless they changed things, no, there's no requirement for getting Trophies. I got most (cowboy/lone wolf/rank/clan ones won't work with a second controller) of mine with just a second controller.

cool I'll give it a try later.. if I survive

I've never tried using two controllers on my system, we had 4 people on a game I started and playing two on two, for the collection trophy, or 30 team points each to level up to airman 2nd class or what ever, We both need the Team work points to get the next level rank

[quote name='Romis']cool I'll give it a try later.. if I survive

I've never tried using two controllers on my system, we had 4 people on a game I started and playing two on two, for the collection trophy, or 30 team points each to level up to airman 2nd class or what ever, We both need the Team work points to get the next level rank[/quote]
Well, to get to the next level rank you'd need to be on a ranked server with at least 8 people.

The Collection Trophy should have unlocked... That's the one where you "have to collect all four cores at the same time" right?

Is there a way to search for servers based on the name? I am not in the clan, and no one on my friends list is currently in the game now

EDIT: nm I found the game by just filtering for player servers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mguiddy, is it possible to pass around the clan leadership so I can get the Warlord trophy? I got the Enlistee one (thanks for the invite :D) and will most likely get the clan battle one through another CAG night.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Hey mguiddy, is it possible to pass around the clan leadership so I can get the Warlord trophy? I got the Enlistee one (thanks for the invite :D) and will most likely get the clan battle one through another CAG night.[/quote]

It's a hassle to pass around leadership of the official CAG clan so your best bet is to create your own clan and have other CAGs interested in the Warlord trophy to join or go into the boosting thread at PS3trophies.org.

I haven't been able to play in a while. The whole family had stomach flu for a while, so this was definitely more fun! I could just Carmaggedeon all night...

I had fun for the couple of matches I got in tonight. Considering I just downloaded the booster packs about 10 mins before jumping into the game, I was surprised at how powerful the gunship is.

Also, is there anything special I need to do to get into the CAG clan?

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Also, is there anything special I need to do to get into the CAG clan?[/quote]
You did it last night... I just forgot to invite you after the games were over, I'll do it the next time I get on my PS3.

anyone know what map/s the demo uses?
In theory if you set up a game only using the map in the demo, others with only demo can play with regular "full game owners"

[quote name='Romis']anyone know what map/s the demo uses?
In theory if you set up a game only using the map in the demo, others with only demo can play with regular "full game owners"[/quote]

I've played Island Outpost on the demo, I think that's the only map available but I didn't delve too deeply since I played at a friend's house. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can only access and create DEMO servers with the dowloadable demo of the game.
It was funny, my friend who downloaded the demo and were just goofing around, and he made a server so I could show him the ropes, when someone jumped on. This guy kept fragging my friend who was playing for the first time, so I let him take advantage of us for a while, then I got into a Warhawk and brought him a world of hurt. :cool:

Alright, how the fuck fuck fuck do you figure out which games are being played with boosters versus those being played without them? I ask because I went to try out my copy of Warhawk from the Sears clearance last night, only to keep being told that 'I didn't have the required map for that'.

Otherwise, from the training mode I played through, it seemed like a really FUN title.

Maybe I'll have to join one of the games you guys run one of these Friday or Saturday nights.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Also, is there anything special I need to do to get into the CAG clan?[/quote]

The blood-red colured ceremonial robe should be in your mailbox early this week. Wear it at every CAG night. Unfortunately the dagger will take a few weeks, but don't worry, there's nothing too illegal involved with that stuff. Just start scoping out the neighbourhood virgins and we'll explain the rest later... :twisted:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright, how the fuck fuck fuck do you figure out which games are being played with boosters versus those being played without them? I ask because I went to try out my copy of Warhawk from the Sears clearance last night, only to keep being told that 'I didn't have the required map for that'.

Otherwise, from the training mode I played through, it seemed like a really FUN title.

Maybe I'll have to join one of the games you guys run one of these Friday or Saturday nights.[/quote]
When you put your cursor over a game, it'll have a preview image of what map it's being played on. If it has a padlock over the picture, you don't have that map pack.

For me when I'm scrolling down the list, if I see any of the little icons appear in the snapshot of the map, I figure its a booster enhanced game...

The Booster Bundle is worth every penny, tho.. in my "cheapass" opinion...lol

bread's done
Back