CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

Where do I go to join in? Do I need to look for a specific room with a specific pass? (this would be my first CAG match on any game)

[quote name='bornrunnin31']change of plans for me, I won't be making it tonight :cry:

Feels like its been forever since I've made a game[/QUOTE]Don't make me come to Michigan to make you join. ;)

[quote name='Freezing Alone']Where do I go to join in? Do I need to look for a specific room with a specific pass? (this would be my first CAG match on any game)[/QUOTE]Look for the server name "ManaKnight". Be sure to sort the servers alphabetically. Then enter the password "cag". Allow for non-ranked matches and any ranking to join.

Anyway, the information is:

Server = ManaKnight
Password = cag

I doubt it.

Anyway, it's kind of strange because my PS3 now considers anything NAT Type 2, so I gotta be careful and assure I set my local IP right (I didn't yesterday and it explains why I had issues in Burnout, again).

Game is starting now.

Sorry, usually I'd let at least one more game go on, but when I saw my notifications say _______ is online, I just knew I'd get disconnected shortly (when my PS3 does that, I will be disconnected soon).

Thanks for showing up everyone and we had a lot of people play tonight. We'll see you all next week. :)

Anyway, for the next two Warhawk nights, I want to try:
-Small maps for ALL games.
-Most all dogfight (TDM and DM).

The host next week (either metaly or DD83) can choose one, while I choose the next. Thanks for showing up everyone.

Great games as usual. And oh man, the DM dogfight really screwed me up at first. I was like wow, look at all these people on my team! By the end of it I felt like I had a better handle on pro flight, at least.

i tried to join but my system kept freezing when i tried to connect to your server. i tried another server but it connected fine so i dont know what was up.

Great game you guys! That knife fight was fun. :D

Next week's Warhawk night will be the first with the 1.3 patch, and to be honest, I'm a bit nervous about it, due to the fact that we'll now have open mics.
It's not the open mics that I have a problem with, it's just that when I get killed, I tend cuss out loud in the moment... :lol::whistle2:#

So if anyone kills me during a DM and I start cussing, DON'T take it personally... It's a bad habit I need to work on. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Anyway, for the next two Warhawk nights, I want to try:
-Small maps for ALL games.
-Most all dogfight (TDM and DM).[/quote]

Small maps is a good idea.
All dogfights not so much.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Small maps is a good idea.
All dogfights not so much.[/QUOTE]Well, I'm not looking at 100% dogfights, but mostly dogfights (like half the games). I greatly feel we need to get better at dogfights.

For the main Warhawk nights, it's probably best to have a good variety of gametypes so that everyone has fun. For those who are interested, we can have maybe one or two other game nights a week that will be more specialized, like mostly dogfights or CQDM.

[quote name='metaly']For the main Warhawk nights, it's probably best to have a good variety of gametypes so that everyone has fun. For those who are interested, we can have maybe one or two other game nights a week that will be more specialized, like mostly dogfights or CQDM.[/quote]

Now that I can agree with.

My two cents - games like CTF or maybe even zones could use another 5 minutes unless it is on the smallest map. Stuff like that seems to be cut short with only 10 minutes.

I also like the dogfights, but more than 50% would be... eh.

I am allright either way - I will still be there to be the easy kill.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Great game you guys! That knife fight was fun. :D

Next week's Warhawk night will be the first with the 1.3 patch, and to be honest, I'm a bit nervous about it, due to the fact that we'll now have open mics.
It's not the open mics that I have a problem with, it's just that when I get killed, I tend cuss out loud in the moment... :lol::whistle2:#

So if anyone kills me during a DM and I start cussing, DON'T take it personally... It's a bad habit I need to work on. ;)[/QUOTE]

About the cussing I also have the same problem

[quote name='fuss']My two cents - games like CTF or maybe even zones could use another 5 minutes unless it is on the smallest map. Stuff like that seems to be cut short with only 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I play CTF a lot, and those matches seemed to go very quickly.

And I'm up for either approach (1 night regular rotation & 1-2 'training sessions' or Mana's idea of just 1 practice night), I could use some practice in DM and dogfights.

I just rented this from gamefly and played a few hours already. Good stuff here, is the cag warhawk night pretty hardcore b/c I'm still learning what certain power ups do and etc.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I just rented this from gamefly and played a few hours already. Good stuff here, is the cag warhawk night pretty hardcore b/c I'm still learning what certain power ups do and etc.[/QUOTE]We aren't as rough as most, but you should be all right playing with us. :)

Hey, I've been looking for another game to play online and Warhawk has always interested me and since they just lowered the price on psn I may get it, but does anyone know of anywhere to get the disc for the same price or cheaper, I only have the 40bg ps3 and its almost full.

I was browsing on ebay and found a used warhawk with headset for $30 +$7 for shipping. so $37 for used warhawk+headset. Its buy it now so should I go for it?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Hey, I've been looking for another game to play online and Warhawk has always interested me and since they just lowered the price on psn I may get it, but does anyone know of anywhere to get the disc for the same price or cheaper, I only have the 40bg ps3 and its almost full.[/QUOTE]Even if you get the disc, just under 900MB is still installed to your PS3 HDD (Warhawk download is about the same price).

What all do you have on your HDD because you might want to see if there's any game data utility you may no longer need.

CAG Warhawk night is very active. Next week we need a host. DD83, metaly, Thelonicon, or whoever.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Even if you get the disc, just under 900MB is still installed to your PS3 HDD (Warhawk download is about the same price).

What all do you have on your HDD because you might want to see if there's any game data utility you may no longer need.

CAG Warhawk night is very active. Next week we need a host. DD83, metaly, Thelonicon, or whoever.[/quote]

yeah I would like to get warhawk and play with you guys, but fridays are bad since I got a chem lab from 6 to 10 pm PST. But I'll still play in the cod4 night, that was pretty fun. I just need to get a headset, but I'd rather put that toward another game...

what other games do "cagers" play that you'd recommend, I've been looking for a another good multiplayer game to hold me over until GTA4

How is the Jabra headset w/ Warhawk? Gamefly is offering a keep it on Warhawk that I have rented and gave me a $5 off coupon, would make it $32.99 shipped w/ headset complete. I'm liking the game enough I'll probably get it. I've been using my gf's H700moto BT headset.

[quote name='aznguyen316']How is the Jabra headset w/ Warhawk? Gamefly is offering a keep it on Warhawk that I have rented and gave me a $5 off coupon, would make it $32.99 shipped w/ headset complete. I'm liking the game enough I'll probably get it. I've been using my gf's H700moto BT headset.[/quote]

The BT headset is a bare minimum headset. It does what it's supposed to do. Adequate. Not too comfortable but tolerable.

As a question, could a few people potentially buy warhawk together. I mean one makes a new account buys it and the others downlaod it from that account and pay a portion via paypal. Theres a thread on here about psn game sharing, but I'm not sure if it would work for this as well.

[quote name='aznguyen316']^^ I understand that no, you can't game share it.[/quote]

why, does the game get linked with your psn account or ps3 wen you buy it?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']what other games do "cagers" play that you'd recommend, I've been looking for a another good multiplayer game to hold me over until GTA4[/quote]

Burnout Paradise!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']why, does the game get linked with your psn account or ps3 wen you buy it?[/quote]

Warhawk, like GT5 Prologue are not gameshare enabled. That was Sony's call.

I might have to join you guys in a round or two. Picked this up some time back and it never struck me like many fans preach it so. I think my experience with BF series on PC has to do something with that. It's good and fun but not as good or fun as I hoped and I'm thinking its my luck getting in matches where people spawn rape and all. I'm not that great with the Warhawks yet so I'm still giving this game a shot

[quote name='cuco33']I might have to join you guys in a round or two. Picked this up some time back and it never struck me like many fans preach it so. I think my experience with BF series on PC has to do something with that. It's good and fun but not as good or fun as I hoped and I'm thinking its my luck getting in matches where people spawn rape and all. I'm not that great with the Warhawks yet so I'm still giving this game a shot[/quote]

I think I would agree with you on that. It's a fun game but definitely compared to some of the more objective based PC shooters it isn't as in depth. I think it's a great move in the right direction though for console mp, especially with server browsing and dedicated servers.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']why, does the game get linked with your psn account or ps3 wen you buy it?[/QUOTE]It gets linked to your PSN account and cannot be played with any other account, whether it's another account on your console or being shared. The reason is because Warhawk is a full retail game which wasn't cheap to developed (SCEA spent a lot of money on it, some of which was lost due to wasted resources and such), so that's why you must purchase it for yourself (the disc version can be played between accounts). Also, SCEA doesn't want to anger retailers easily by allowing sharing (which would mean less store sales).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']The BT headset is a bare minimum headset. It does what it's supposed to do. Adequate. Not too comfortable but tolerable.[/QUOTE]I'd say in ways it's more comfortable than mine, since mine can start to hurt after wearing it for an hour (although it fits on more snuggly).

Hi all. I'm pretty new to CAG, PS3, and Warhawk. I got a PS3 a month ago and have been enjoying some of the Sony exclusives like Uncharted and Motorstorm. I picked up Warhawk this past weekend and played a few games online. I had some fun, but it was hard to get into the game since I was rarely on a team that used voice chat or played as a team. I'd like to get into a few CAG games if possible. My PSN account is TheBarbedManta. I'm usually available to play weeknights between 8-11PM ET and Friday and Saturday nights from 7PM-2AM ET.

Thanks

[quote name='TheManta']Hi all. I'm pretty new to CAG, PS3, and Warhawk. I got a PS3 a month ago and have been enjoying some of the Sony exclusives like Uncharted and Motorstorm. I picked up Warhawk this past weekend and played a few games online. I had some fun, but it was hard to get into the game since I was rarely on a team that used voice chat or played as a team. I'd like to get into a few CAG games if possible. My PSN account is TheBarbedManta.

Thanks[/QUOTE]No problem, join our games on Friday or other times we hold nights. We talk a little more than most, but not all the time since we have to press a button to talk.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We talk a little more than most, but not all the time since we have to press a button to talk.[/quote]

Thankfully though they will be giving an option to change that in the 1.3 update later this month, and it should make deathmatch chatter a bit more fun/interesting.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this week's game since I finally have a free weekend so I'll be able to make both CoD4 and Warhawk night!:bouncy:

[quote name='josh_animebum']Thankfully though they will be giving an option to change that in the 1.3 update later this month, and it should make deathmatch chatter a bit more fun/interesting.[/quote]

I think the 1.3 patch is coming this week, so we'll hopefully all get to experience open mic Warhawk in the next game.

By the way Mana, unless DD83 already volunteered, I can host this week.

[quote name='metaly']I think the 1.3 patch is coming this week, so we'll hopefully all get to experience open mic Warhawk in the next game.

By the way Mana, unless DD83 already volunteered, I can host this week.[/QUOTE]Yeah, he hasn't said anything, so I'll probably just make you the host. I have no idea right now whether I can attend (having another terrible week).

[quote name='smiggity']Update goes live tomorrow!! Wrenches and Knives only DM![/QUOTE]That will be good.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, he hasn't said anything, so I'll probably just make you the host. I have no idea right now whether I can attend (having another terrible week).[/quote]

Well I work afternoon so unless I'm sick or there is a snow storm (things that I wouldn't know until Friday) I'll never make it to Friday games.
And I've said I can host whenever is needed, just let me know and I'll just set up a dedicated server.

If people want I can host this Saturday. I'm not going to try CQDM only though as last time it didn't seem to go over well.

Just got my copy today. I'm going to play around with a little bit here. But put me on the list for the clan, I'll try and participate in the next meeting.

PSN: PapiChullo

I'm downloading it from psn right now, but its so painfully slow!!!!! From the time I started downloading it...I turned on my macbook, logged onto cag and posted this and its now at...1662 KB

update: 3 mintues later and its up to 3934 KB...wtf...Woohoo 1% ad it only took 9 minutes, at this rate it will only take 15 hours Wooooooh 2 %

bread's done
Back