CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey Shipwreck! How about some tips on Pac-Man 256 to help me get a score above my personal best of 13k.

What power-ups are you using?

Is it more important to keep your streak of dots up to hit 256, or to go after power pellets?

Am I right in discerning that fruit multipliers are the key to scoring happiness?

Lastly - have you had any weird stuff happen in the game? Example - I hit a tornado powerup once that stayed on the screen forever until I finally died.

Great show guys, I always enjoy it.

So at this point, im not that concerned about backwards compatibility. I get It.  Want to play your old shit, keep your old shit; want to  play the new shit, gotta have the new shit too.  What I DO want is to manage/personalize my experience. I don't want to ration out my disk space; if I wanted to install my games, I'd play on a goddam PC. 

What are you tired of waiting for?

I heard about this movie on a This American Life episode this past month. It's called "(T)error" and it's about a former Black Panther who converted to Islam who is made to be a FBI informant. As his job as a FBI informant, he's supposed to identity terrorist suspects, and some of the ways he's ordered to do so is to goad people into expressing pro-terrorist views at the behest of his handler. S- happens when he's supposed to bother a particular target, and finds out that that target IS ALSO another FBI Informant. http://www.sundance.org/projects/t-error-322cc278-e3f5-4184-bebe-6b96e6ed3322

Hello all! My question is this. with Xbox One going into its "greatest holiday lineup in xbox history" phase soon, do you think it's a forgone conclusion that it will win out the year like last year? Many seem to think so but I think Sony's recent price drop will really hurt their chances of that happening. On top of that, I feel like Forza, Tomb Raider, and Halo 5 are not as exciting titles as they maybe once were to gamers and may not have the power to push sales. What are your predictions?

Ship, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but since you're collecting a few arcade cabinets and finishing your mancave, have you thought about trying to get a GI Joe arcade game? I only recently found out it existed and thought it'd be funny if you had to track one down. 

The new Need for Speed game comes out next week. EA/Ghost have been unusually quiet about it. Should we be worried? As a lifelong NFS fan, I'd hate to get Hawk'd by this one...

I heard about NFC readers in the new iPhones, and regarding Nintendo's plan to release more smartphone content, do you think they can just write some pieces of code for Amiibo integration? If the Amiibos hold enough data, could it be interesting if the toys be some kind of verification system about the games you actually own for the rewards club rather than inputting serial codes off a sheet of paper? What do you guys think?

Why are Cheapy and Shipwreck getting Fallout 4 on console, other than the socks? I know the deal is good with the DLC also, but isn't it going to look way better on PC? 

I have a question for everyone. I have 2 nephews ages 9 and 11 and they have an Xbox one. What would be a good Xmas gift for them?

I just started playing Rocket League which i'm loving -- any chance of a CAG community flag in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbone children's accounts: living abroad as an expatriate makes it harder to verify accounts w/ no phone numbers to use

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm getting locked accounts for my kids accounts because I can't verify them even w/ the passwords. They also request a phone confirmation or second email or whatever. They're under 9 years old & I just want them to have everything under my account so I only need to verify everything w/ my Gold account. I live abroad as an expatriate, so some verification options, such as phone numbers, are not applicable. I'm so sick of the constant request. Under their settings I gave them unlimited access because I found myself having to give permission for almost every game. That still didn't solve the problem.

Is there a way I can alter the settings so I would never have to verify their accounts on my home console? I'm training them early, lol, they're already top 3 in 150cc in Mario Kart but Halo 5 co-op is on the menu, thanks guys & keep up the good work.

Xbone children's accounts: living abroad as an expatriate makes it harder to verify accounts w/ no phone numbers to use

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm getting locked accounts for my kids accounts because I can't verify them even w/ the passwords. They also request a phone confirmation or second email or whatever. They're under 9 years old & I just want them to have everything under my account so I only need to verify everything w/ my Gold account. I live abroad as an expatriate, so some verification options, such as phone numbers, are not applicable. I'm so sick of the constant request. Under their settings I gave them unlimited access because I found myself having to give permission for almost every game. That still didn't solve the problem.

Is there a way I can alter the settings so I would never have to verify their accounts on my home console? I'm training them early, lol, they're already top 3 in 150cc in Mario Kart but Halo 5 co-op is on the menu, thanks guys & keep up the good work.

Sorry for the double post, this dumbass can't seem to delete one...

Do any of you plan on picking up the new Need For Speed game? I've been playing it on EA Access and i have enjoyed it much more than Forza 6 and Horizon 2.

What do you think will be the big Black Friday deals this year?

- My guesses based on previous years are:

$40 Assasins Creed Syndicate

$40 Need For Speed

$30 Tony Hawk

$50 Call of Duty Black Ops 3

$40 Destiny The Taken King

$80 Lego Dimensions Starter Pack

$40 Skylanders Starter Pack

$40 Disney Infinity Starter Pack (The $60 Version)

$40 Tomb Raider

- No Discounts on Fallout 4 (Skyrim Didn't Get Any When It Came out)

- No Nintendo Game Discounts

Toys R Us will have a Buy 2 Get One Free

Now that Cheapy and Shipwreck have the Xbox elite controllers, will that influence your console choice for multiplatform games? 

Cheapy, I have a question about the app: When will you start to put show extras in the app itself? When you started this week's show for 11/5/15, you mentioned your xbox costume and I immediately went to episode extras in the app to see it. Guess what wasn't there? I was disappointed. I wanted to see a giant jew in a box.

Good job but no help for my children's accounts on Xbone. They constantly ask for password verifications & I just want a one time thing so I never need to remember anything, like my original account. I have to erase & create a new child account again because the email verification won't arrive at my second email and no phone to verify since I'm currently living abroad & avoid phones as much as possible. Don't make me get all Glen Close boiling rabbit on you! Seriously though, help if you can.

Cheapie do you play Halo with your son? I forgot about the no split screen multiplayer but I thought they would somehow have it for co-op, dumbass... I'm planning on buying the Elite Console when I'm in the states after the holidays so my kids can co-op with me from another room. Are you planning to do something similar with your son & any advice on how it would work. Like, could I sign in on both consoles simultaneously and my kids use their child accounts on one while I'm on the other? Could I use my digital games on my account on both consoles or is there something to force a second purchase when I want to play multiplayer or online co-op with my kids?

Cheapy, how has the Elite controller been? Have you noticed any improvement in your Halo gaming? Foza? Is it worth the price?

I recently bought a Kinect for my Xbox One since I couldn't pass up Fantasia for $5. Besides Fantasia, Dance Central, and maybe Xbox Fitness, is there anything worth checking out for Kinect on Xbox One? I tried voice navigation and hated it.

I've been using the elite controller for FIFA 16 and the responsiveness has really helped. Cheapy, has it helped NHL?
It is advertised for FPS but I think the improved controller helped on all the competitive games I play.

Wait a second, Cheapy has never seen Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness?

First off, Cheapy needs to rectify his sins by watching them, as well as Ash vs Evil Dead to make up for lost time.  And like them.

Secondly, you can totally call me out on this - as I could be wrong, but wasn't one of the very first Cagcast intro's the Army of Darkness theme music, as well as Army of Darkness sound clips peppered throughout the episode? 

It may have even been episode one.  I tried going back and finding it, but the archive seems to only go back as far as episode 5...

Time for the conspiracy theorists to theorize some conspiracy!  And what better person to do that than Wombat! 

Wombat?

Is the Assassin's Creed franchise on life support? Outside of slowing down the release schedule, what would you do to revive it?

Hey guys, just responding to why Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 isn't heading west.

Well, for one thing, they've (for lack of a better term) gone full Japanese otaku on it. Since the second game sold quite poorly in the US (also another important reason) they've decided to double down on moe culture. The main character headlining this version genuinely looks like she's around thirteen years old, and acts like she's eight. The other new main character Honoka is much the same, only she has massive breasts to help tell them apart. Almost without exception, all the western characters have been cut out of the game (Helena Douglas and creepy young child excepted), and since they were the only characters who looked like adults, this arguably leads to the game looking somewhat racist and ageist.

With this, it's no surprise that they're unwilling to release in the West. For many fans of the series, these characters (Tina, Christie, Mila, Lei Fang, Rachel, Lisa) getting cut out and replaced by generic wobbling schoolgirls is pretty unfortunate. It certainly puts me off buying it.

So basically, given how they've really doubled down on Japanese moe culture (something many people in the states would find extremely creepy given how young they like their characters to be) and their blanket removal of all but one western characters over the age of twenty, it makes sense not to open themselves up to potential allegations of racism and sexualising children.

Thanks for the show every week guys, not able to listen to it as often as I used to, but it's still a great show!

Just curious if any of you have any input on the recent influx of Zelda: Ocarina of Time at Best Buy. 

Have not seen any new copies in years and then all of the sudden nearly every Best Buy gets a drop ship of this game and it appears that it is not a reprint.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy to get a copy, but I am confused on what happened.

Gamestop Employee who wanted to remain unknown wanted me to post this question.

"In your interactions with non-core game buyers have you seen an aversion they have to the various system bundles & wanting just the console with no branding or game? Had 2 instances (both PS4) of this over working BF/CM at GS, first time in 5 years I've seen it this strong.

First was a lady who wanted a PS4 for kid but didn't want him to play any game with a gun. Someone else tried to suggest the Wii U bundle but that was a no b/c it had guns (Splatoon) & friends were on PS4. Manager explained you could take the Uncharted sleeve off, open & take out game to trade in, then reseal just the PS4 white, inner box so she accepted that & I was tasked with finding 3 used games w/o guns, luckily sports were ok. Second was a gentleman I dealt with personally who was so against a new bundle,

even though it was a free game, that he bought a used PS4 with a 1-year GS replacement warranty. Have you heard any of these things from your co-workers/family that are looking to buy consoles this year?"

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

How long do you think Microsoft can keep this "Best Lineup in Xbox History" tag going with their marketing exec shockingly saying 2016 will be even better than this year? It seemed fine if it's a one-time thing as they try to claw their way back into having a competitive advantage over Sony, but just repeating this past year's big motto for 2016 seems about as lazy as calling the overhauled Xbox One dashboard the "New Xbox One Experience". There's an amazing quote in the article that is so awkward with how it ends:

"So if you like to game, this is the year to get an Xbox. We have Halo 5 launching. We have Minecraft on Xbox. We have Gears of War, Tomb Raider. The best lineup; next year will also be the best lineup."

Long time listener, first time caller. Been listening to the show since just after you guys started. Finally have a question. 

Cheapy: I'm going to Japan at the end of April for a wedding.  I'll be in Osaka for about 5 days with a bunch of friends and Tokyo for another 4-5 with my girlfriend. Any suggests on things to check out, stuff to do, stuff to not do, if OG would be willing to hang out?

Fellas, I recently finally completed my collection of current gen systems after buying a PS4 on Black Friday.

First question, what games are yalls "must purchase" PS4 exclusives so far in the generation? The only ones I've picked up so far are Bloodborne and Rocket League. 

Second, how are yall deciding between PS4 and XB1 for purchasing multiplatform games? I know in the previous gen most of your purchases were 360 because of the community and XBL. It seems to me like that has flipped because of PS plus and more PS4's in the consumer's hands than the XB1. Has this been the case for yall?

PS - Please, please let me hear Cheapy and Wombat say "yall". That'd be worth the price I pay for my CAG premium membership any day of the week  

Thoughts on game "investments" other than Kickstarter types?  

Back in 2012 I bought into the "Junior" level development version of Slightly Mad Studios pc game, Project Cars.  I paid $13.26 (11 euros).  This September, I received a payment to my papal account from them for $11.97.  And recently I received my second payment in December for $6.46.

Do you see this method as having any future in game development?

Great show, thanks.

Anyone know if (or why) Cheapassgamer and Child's Play are splitsville? I kind of enjoyed the group effort to fund it here over the years, but it was nowhere to be seen last year, and no one's brought it up since.

Hey Shipwreck,

On the most recent Giant Bombcast (12/15), Mary Kish of GameSpot and a Columbus native, ripped apart Cincinnati and Skyline Chili. Is there a response to these claims on behalf of everyone in Cincinnati?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhrOsrf9NY

Context: It's obviously all in good fun and is just a continuation of their meme of emailers starting beef with other cities they hate.

In the last CAGcast you guys talk about how companies release less AAA titles because it is too risky for them these days since less people buy games. But more specifically isn't because more games are released per week now, than a few years ago? In turn, people can't afford to buy them all or have enough time to play everything released. Or if they can afford it, those people create a huge backlog of games (me!) and eventually just stop buying new games and wait until there are significant price drops.

In summary, the supply (games), heavily outweighs the demand (gamers).

I would love to hear you guys discuss this in the next CAGcast. Thanks and happy holidays! 

GI Joe is printed by an independent company... ha, not anymore.  I think this is Shipwreck's way of asking for free stuff as opposed to Wombat's pleas. So maybe some indie titles are worth recommending here.

Has no one else noticed that the Leo Dicaprio film The Revenant totally stole its poster image from the front cover of Lost Planet 3? Where is the outrage!?

PAX South is the first big convention in Texas since they started their open carry gun law this year. I'd be interested in hearing from the CAGs who will be at the panel if there was any issues or weirdness.

Wombat I'm begging you, it's Ahsoka, not Ashoka.

Just remember, "Yes, I would like a soda." But with a k instead of a d.

I would like to hear Ship's take on Marvel Puzzle Quest for the consoles. Half the time I play it in short bursts because it is on my phone. Is there any reason to start with this version?

It's always fun to hear about your favorite games.  Any stats on number of games that you played?  Did Shipwreck beat the MLB this year?

bread's done
Back