CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey Wombat,
Being a huge fan of the show, I pumped up the volume on my PC while going to the can so I could hear the CAGCast while releasing some bodily functions. I was listening to show #76, where you mention meeting Scrubs actor Donald Faison. I actually got off of the toilet so I could hear this story better, my farts were just getting too loud. Having seen every episode of Scrubs numerous times, I practically had an orgasm when you said Donald Faison put his arm around you.
In my opinion, the last 2 seasons of the show were not that very good, but the new season isn't half bad. Do you still watch every episode of the show? If so, what do you think of the recent episodes?

Hello Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck!

This is my firts post ever here on the CAGCAST forum.
I'm a gamer from Brazil and a fan of you guys for quite some time.

My Question is: Did you guys heard about the Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li movie? You discussed about SFIV and SFHDTR in the last 2 shows and i wondered what you think about the movie? I know CAG is not a movie site or anything like that, but since it messes with the gaming universe, the opinion from you fellas is very interesting to me and to everyone.

Thanks for the attention.

PS.: Just for curiosity, I pasted down here the entire question in PORTUGUESE in case of you wonder how to speak Brazillian style, but not like Blanka. :) Ps2.: Again, just for curiosity, like everybody else in the world: we here also thinks that Blanka suckz! :D

Voces ouviram falar sobre o novo filme do Street Fighter: A Lenda de Chun-Li? Ouvi vocês discutirem sobre SF4 e SFTHDR nos ultimos 2 programas e imaginei o que acham sobre esse filme? Eu sei que o CAG não é um site de filmes, mas como essa pergunta mexe com o universo dos games, a opinião de voces é para mim muito importante.

Obrigado pela atenção.

[quote name='StealthSoul']Cheapy - What's going on in the toilet these days? No DS?[/quote]
One for Wombat too:
I remember you mentioning you bought a domain for a website you're working on a while ago (I think at the end of CAGplay Forecast #2) and unless I'm mistaken, you haven't brought it up since. What is the site going to be for/about?

Cheapy and Wombat,

With Toys R Us testing used games, and rumors that Best Buy is considering a pilot program, coupled with the economic apocalypse do you think there is any chance of :

A) A price cut on retail games
B) A price cut on the PS3
C) More Premium DLC for games to extend the profitability of existing titles
D) Cheaper games that are feature incomplete that use DLC to inflate profitability
E) Obama will introduce a game stimulus package to force the rich to buy more Wii shovelware

Thanks!

Hey guys,
I was just wondering about your opinion regarding the fact that the highest number of users on CAG simultaneously was way back in December 2006. What was the occasion? And shouldn't that number have been passed up by now?

hey cheapy
is Ninja Warrior (the tv show) a big deal on Japanese TV?

i just found Top Gear on satellite, and i'd never heard of one of the UKs biggest shows before. who would'v known?

also...im a japanese major and havent been able to get there yet. any ideas?
revise: could i be more vague--i mean i terms of teaching/jet/kenkyuzyoo programs, have you known anyone who has taken advantage of these type of things, and what did they think?

Dear Stingy and Marsupial,
What do you think is the next wave of games? The 90's was dominated by platformers, the 2000's have been over saturated with first person shooters. Now I am asking you guys, (1) what do you think will be the next genre fad, and (2) what do you want the next genre fad to be.

~~~~~~~
~Pop311~ (pronounced Pop 3-1-1)
~~~~~~~

With super-programmer John being mentioned on multiple shows and his work clearly changing the site for the better is there any possibility of a CAGcast interview with him? I know his work isn't done yet, and there's probably still a lot of stuff taking up his time, but I'm sure most listeners would like to hear from him about the work he's done for the site.

Hey Cheapy! How's it going with the Street Fighter Fighting Stick?
Have you guys heard about the SFIV tournament that GameStop is hosting?
Stuttering Craig from ScrewAttack is in it and heading towards the regional tournament round i guess.

What About you, Cheapy? Any Tournaments happening in Japan about SFIV that you know about?

PS: Brazillian word of the day: Peido = Fart.

See you guys Later!

Hey Cheapy,

In the last episode, you said that you would recommend Street Fighter IV for $60. Here is a related question: Which is a better buy: Street Fighter IV for $60 or Street Fighter II HD Remix for $15? Some background: I own Street Fighter: Championship Edition for the SNES, and played a lot of that back in the day, but since then I have not really been into fighting games.

Thanks for your help,
Yipwoop

I think sense the site is being updated to cag 2.0 wombat should become wombot with appropriate robotic illustrations!

Also, Cheapy mentioned xplay cutting back when does that happen?

finally, do you think that sony coming out with so many titles for the PSP all of the sudden is mis-direction, as they plan to release the rumored PSP?

Cheapy have you seen this?

http://www.destructoid.com/butcher-...f-mouth-better-than-word-of-foot-115876.phtml

115876-02.jpg

Haha what a resemblance.

Hi Cheapy & Wombat,

I was thinking about your response to the value of street fighter 4 on the last cagcast. I would argue that for non-hardcore fighting game fans, the game probably has more value now than it ever will in the future. This is because the level of competition now is varied whereas it will probably be only very high level players in a few months.

This leads to my question - about 1-2 months after a games release, the multiplayer is either 1) devoid of players or 2) impossible because the number of high level players. So, how much does multiplayer really add to a game's value if you buy it a few months after release?

Hey Cheapy D and that Wombat creature.

I'm just writing in to express my gratitude. Cheapy mentions Howard Stern on the show just about every single show (at least once) and I've never bothered to check it out.

Finally I got that chance and was just writing this to thank you for turning me on to such a great show.

My question is can you ever imagine a bizarre future where Cheapy D and Howard Stern are doing a Sirius radio show together?

What would you guys talk about?

Would Cheapy be a bigger international space pimp with an ego the size of Manhattan?

Hey Cheapy if you were on Iron Chef and the main ingredient was weed what would you make eg. pot roast etc
Love the show by the way

Hey Cheapy/Wombat: I was wondering if you've ever considered inviting people from the site to do a guest spot on the CAGcast. It could be a once-a-month thing, as a contest or random drawing, whatever.

It could be a cool way to at some diversity to the show (although I enjoy it just fine as it is), having Shipwreck there last time got me thinking. It could be fun to put a voice to some of the more active people on the site and another way to get the community interacting together. Granted, it might be weird to have a relative stranger on the show, but who knows.

Hey Cheapy I love the show but I have been listening to some earlier shows and it seems that you don't always give games a fair chance without playing them. Tell me I'm crazy but are you actually playing your ps3 more than 360 now? I think this could be the start of a trend. PEACE OUT

Hey cheapy and wombat, im a canadien and im wondering what your thoughts are about a shop called play n trade. i have not heard it mentioned on cag before.
Ps you guys are great keep up the good work

Cheapy and Wombat, how would you revitalize the following game franchises back into super selling blockbusters again:

Sonic
Tomb Raider
Tony Hawk
Killer Instinct
Castlevania

Hey Cheapy, just wondering if you knew that there was an Abrams lake in California, just south of Weed.

I just want to say that I've never had an issue with the new Xbox UI. My 360 is about two years old, I just recently got a 120GB hard drive for it (last december) and it is actually faster for me than the old xbox blade system was. I do only have about a dozen friends though (I think I've never counted but I know its not an astronomical number. Why do you think you and Wombat are having such issues with it when I am having a quite painless experience?

What did you guys think of the acting/casting in the Watchmen? The actress who played Laurie was awful. I mean, I know she wasn't cast for her acting prowess since the movie includes multiple nude scenes but come on. I'm willing to give up a little bit of "hotness" for some better acting. The scene where she's trying to convince Jon to save the world is laugh-out-loud bad. Ozymandias looked too weird to take serious. The Comedian and Rorschach proved that you don't need big names for great acting. It's too bad the other actors couldn't follow suit.

[quote name='Balaamsdonkey@gmail.']I just want to say that I've never had an issue with the new Xbox UI. My 360 is about two years old, I just recently got a 120GB hard drive for it (last december) and it is actually faster for me than the old xbox blade system was. I do only have about a dozen friends though (I think I've never counted but I know its not an astronomical number. Why do you think you and Wombat are having such issues with it when I am having a quite painless experience?[/quote]

Just thought I'd chime in,

I also have a 120 GB HDD and the new dashboard runs like shit on my 360. Mine is two years old as well. Yes, the new blades run fine, however when it has anything to do with my friends list, it runs incredibly slow. For instance, when I accept game invites, it takes literally 30 seconds for it to load and show the invite and then another 30 for the acceptance to go through and get in the game. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's frequent enough to be called a problem. Many of my friends experience the same problem.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, bit of a random question but whatever :D haha. I was just wondering if you guys are into children's animated movies? I've recently been watching a lot of Dreamworks and Disney Pixar movies (Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Ice Age etc) and just wondered if you guys do as well, especially since you both now have children.

Take care guys, love the show :)

[quote name='jalopez86']What did you guys think of the acting/casting in the Watchmen? The actress who played Laurie was awful. I mean, I know she wasn't cast for her acting prowess since the movie includes multiple nude scenes but come on. I'm willing to give up a little bit of "hotness" for some better acting. The scene where she's trying to convince Jon to save the world is laugh-out-loud bad. Ozymandias looked too weird to take serious. The Comedian and Rorschach proved that you don't need big names for great acting. It's too bad the other actors couldn't follow suit.[/QUOTE]

You don't consider Kelly Leak from the Bad News Bears to be a big name? Well I feel sorry for you, sir.

Hey Wombat & Cheapy

Two quick questions

1: Any update on if Michael Pactor or Major Nelson will appearing on the cagcast again soon?

2: Whats the status on the Ron Workman podcast, this shit goin' down or no?

hey wombat,

my name is stewart too. i was wondering if you have met any other person with the first name of stewart?? frankly, you'll probably be my first and last although i don't actually know you.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, I was wondering if you guys were aware of the game Huxley? If so do you guys believe it will just become part of the ever void that is vaporware?

Hi Cheapy and Wombat, I recently saw Cheapy's twitter blog on the XBox vista issue, now I have a console from August of 2006(first one red-ringed) and 10 friends on my list and Ive never had a lag issue, myquestion is is this a hardware or network problem? I also see Cheapy broke down and saw the new Indy flick.

hey Cheap,

1st question, is there any reg. strip clubs (like in the usa ) in japan?

2nd Cheapy & Wombat... what r your three top game's your looking forward to this year??? if any??

Just wanted to drop by & say love the show, been here since the 1st episode & let me just say it only get's better, you & wombat do such a kick ass job, you guy's rock, thank you for making my week a lot better.

p.s. wombat, Indian jones's 4 wasn't that bad, i mean im sure you thought the end was out there, but come on the 1st one had a box that would melt your face off if you looked at it, then the 3rd one had a cup that would bring you back to life if you drank it, that was being protected by a 300 hundred year old knight. but like everything we saw as kid's at the time it blew are minds , but now as grown up's we don't believe everything we see & question everything on the screen, & with our expectations so high, there's nothing that's going to satisfied us like what we want. it was a good o'l fashion popcorn movie, wait .. im sorry i'm just drunk .. the more i think about it, .. dam.. they rapped good o' indie. ok your right.. i'm off to bed. keep up the great work you two. you guys are 20times better then anything on the radio & on the net.. rock on....CAG for life..Bitches..

Do you guys think the switch resident evil made from survival horror to straight out action was a good idea?

I also gotta agree with wombat the last indiana jones sucked major donkey balls I mean come on a fridge can survive a friggin nuclear blast?!?!?!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Just thought I'd let you guys know, the CAGcast is listed on the DoggCatcher podcast directory, which means anyone with a Google phone can download it on the go. Why am I putting this in the CAGbag? Well, because the CAGcast is not in the top 50, but Horse Mag Radio is. Horse. Mag. Radio. So let the CAG listeners know that they can download directly onto their phone. CAGs with G1 phones need to place the CAGcast high atop the podcast list. Because lets face it, if Google Phone users care more about horses, Harry Potter and Twilight than cheap video games, then we're in a lot of trouble...

Hey Cheapy,
I was listening to an old cagcast as i usually do when i have nothing else to listen to, and i heard some one said that it's rude that you only listen to podcasts when you are mentioned in them. And you responded as always that you would rather listen to howard stern. I was just wondering if you ever tried listening to podcasts while you game. It is a good way to get information and gives you something to do while playing more monotonous games. I would personally recommend the Joystiq and Giant Bomb ones both of which are very funny. Well just a thought, great job with the show as usual keep it up.

hey cheapy and wombat,

since you both have an addiction to games, i was wondering if you think Tai or Sabrina will like games when they grow up?? Also, at what age do you think you guys will let your children play Mature rated games??

Keep up the good work guys!

Cheapy/Wombat

If you had to describe yourself to someone who has never seen you before, what celebrity or celebrities would you say you look like?

I've had my 360 for about 3 weeks now, (2nd actually, got RROD on the 3rd day and only played for about 4 hours total.) I started with the original UI and enjoyed it. (Had it for 2 days) it was quick and quite functional. The new XBE is slow, they removed some functionality somehow as well. It just does not seem like it's even remotely passable as a resonable UI. It seem ruining what was already a good thing.

With the 60 gb HDD and nothing really on it yet, it is still slow. I wish I could drop back to the original as this one is pointless. Plus certain things just seem to be hidden! (Seems like it) As I sit here with my laptop with my lovely Vista UI i can only come to one real conclusion...

Microsoft has begun smoking crack. It's the only logical explanation. If it were pot atleast I could understand then. (But don't we all get better ideas? I do.

What do you guys think should be removed and or added to the XBE UI to make it worthwhile?

Last edited by a moderator:
CheapyD, have you ever thought of optimizing the cheap ass gamer website for viewing on mobile devices like iPhones?

I go to this site frequently on my ipod touch and I hate having to zoom in to read.

Hey Wombat, when you talk about Mighty Mugs, do people think you are talking about drining vessels. I thought that until I did a Google search and saw they were those little round dudes they sell at my girlfriends work.

bread's done
Back