CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Dear Cheapy and Wombat -

Are you guys still 'active jews'? Or are you just to lazy/don't care to change your religious status?

Sincerely,
Bear

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey cheapy and wombat, love your podcast and it is the highlight to the week, and i was wondering where did you guys get your nicknames from and when you too and shipwreck talk outside of the cagcast and cagforeplay or even cagplay do you call each other your actual names or do you call each other cheapy, shipwreck and wombat?
PS Shipwreck is almost too cool for his own good, and he needs to dress up like fonzie

I kind of feel cheated with Burnout Paradise. The problem I have is you can buy fast and powerful cars and then use them to break records. So the people that shell out money get an advantage over the people that don't. Even if the game comes with cars as fast and as powerful you have to work for them. I don't think you should be allowed to break records with bought cars. What do you guys think?

Hey there Cheapy and Wombat,

Love the show guys and thank you for getting me hooked on netflix. The instant queue is a really great feature that has been integrated well onto the Xbox 360.
Cheapy, since I know you're also into documentaries, I was wondering if you had a favorite documentary that you had seen so far? Wombat, feel free to chime in as well.

Also, since male genitalia is sometimes brought up on the show, you may be interested in the documentary "Gay Sex in the 70s " which is also available on the Netflix Instant Queue. I have not seen it but it may appeal to you. :whistle2:\"

Thanks guys, keep up the great work and I will give you guys a review on iTunes.

Guys, here's my question for the week.

On PSN a costume pack for SFIV is 108 KB. We believe that is was on the disc. Cheapy wrote an open letter to Capcom regarding the issue.

All of the car packs for Burnout Paradise have been approximately 100 KB on PSN and Xbox Marketplace. All of the car packs are also around $8 (?). Is it wrong to think that these are some sort of unlock of content already there in our updated copies of Paradise? Is Burnout Paradise being held to a different standard because of the previous goodwill that Criterion and EA had instilled in the internet public? Should I just shut up and be happy that I got new modes and motorcycles?

So Engadget's Joshua Topolsky and Diggnation's Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht made appearances on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Will we ever see Cheapy, or perhaps even Jewbeard, set to make an appearance with all these nerds getting such recognition? (granted, Jimmy Fallon bumped into these guys beforehand at CES =p)

EDIT: after I wrote this I noticed Wombat started a thread. Well, damn.

Hey Wombat,
After listening to the CAGCast for some odd months, I've heard you used to live in Manhattan and constantly talked about places near or on the Upper East Side. I'm wondering if you ever went to an independent game store called "Game Quest" which was around East 89th and 2nd. It went out of business due to the EB/GameStop craze and I have very fond memories of it and I'm wondering if you ever went there.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I kind of feel cheated with Burnout Paradise. The problem I have is you can buy fast and powerful cars and then use them to break records. So the people that shell out money get an advantage over the people that don't. Even if the game comes with cars as fast and as powerful you have to work for them. I don't think you should be allowed to break records with bought cars. What do you guys think?[/quote]
i think that would be a problem if there was an online global leaderboard. Instead BP has two leaderboards.. you can go offline and see only your times/scores or online with only your friends times/scores. If I get tired of seeing KingBroly's scores all over the places I can at least turn off online and still set records against the computer/default.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat! I know you guys downloaded Flower awhile back, but was wondering if you played it since the first time you downloaded it? I revisited it today and finished it. It really blew my mind! It took me awhile to get into it, but the message of the game combined with the simplicity of controls this is a must play for anyone who loves games. What do you think?

Hey Cheapy, in CAGcast 152, following my question about you playing basketball, you and Shipwreck talked about maybe a little showdown at E3, is that a possibility? Especially now that Wombat is going, maybe he could film!

Hey CheapyD i was just wondering who makes all of the beginning song remixes and where i can find them they are very humorous

Cheapy,

I will be listening to your next podcast while on a 14 hour flight from Newark, NJ to Tokyo Japan. Is there any absolute last minute pointers you can give me as I sit in my seat waiting for the flight to be over? If there is one thing that a person absolutely must not miss while there what should it be?

This question is for Jewbeard the Pirate--

Do you raid little kids' games of dreidle and steal the pot of chocolate gold coins around Hanukkah time? also, do you cheat while looking for the afikomen?

Hey CheapyD and Wombat.
Do you guys think its a good idea if Nintendo had Gameboy Advance and Gameboy games as downloadable content on the DSi? I would love to remmeber those nostalgic times when you needed 4 batterys to power up your grey brick. And i can play pokemon without a dead battery cartridge

Cheapy, I dare you to download at least one WiiWare title. You're missing out with great games like LostWinds, Strong Bad and World of Goo. It's not like your fridge is full and it would give something to actually talk about in the Nintendo section. Please!

Hello Cheapy and Wombat, I just wanted to touch upon Michael Pachter's seemingly Elitist comments about the, and I'll use Wombat's word, Plebian Wii crowd. I know you said he is a super nice guy, but saying that the casual Wii owner is not "sophisticated" enough to appreciate a game like Gears of War, it makes it sound like we hardcore gamers are above them and snooty. Do you guys believe their was a tinge of elitism in his words or is it just me?

Also on a similar note do you believe that this is the year that the Wii will finally start to see truly good games, especially with it starting out with such critical hits and pretty decent games such as Mad World and House of the Dead overkill and games like the Conduit showing promise.

Hey Cheapy / Wombat. Love the show, awesome site. Like you, my Wii has been sitting next to my TV collecting dust for months. I'm not sure if it's the lack of good online support of the lack of good games (or both). You can only play Wii Shuffleball with Sol Wheelman for so long... What do you think Nintendo needs to change about the Wii to get people like me to power it on again? Personally, I think a solid online service would be a good start...

comment and a question, I found the website and starting using it regularly thanks to the cagcast, when I got my mp3 player I found the cagcast as a best podcast award winner and starting listening, loved it and now I love the website too.
I have been playing dead space and am amazed at the sound. What games do you think have the best sound?

Wombat Rules!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, just want to congratulate you on your super awesome sterotypical British accents xD I nearly spat out my "brew" (british slang for cup of tea) while listening to that :D Anyway, just wondering if you guys have ever seen or heard of a British person OUTSIDE of Buckingham Palace? Hehe

Love the show guys, keep up the good work :)

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

First I just wanted to say that I love the show and love listening to it on my hour commute to work.

I have a two questions:

1) I happened to randomly join into a game of Killzone 2 that Cheapy was also in and thought that it was cool/rare to *bump* into someone in an online game that isn't on your friends list. Have you guys ever *bumped* into someone randomly in on online game? If so, who was it and what game.

2) Cheapy, when you are playing an online game with someone in the states, how good is the connection that you get. I have noticed that whenever I player a game that is hosted by someone in Eroupe, the ping is insanely high. Is the internet in Japan that much faster that you don't experience any lag?

Hope you can answer my questions. Thanks.

I was thinking about how people get bent out of shape about stupid stuff. For example, the whole Nintendo thing with "The Conduit". I view the CAGcast as a very casual and not a very serious gaming podcast, yet people still take it too serious. It is funny when people get all worked up over what you guys say.

Hey Cheapy!

Been listing to your show for the last 3 months and it has been an inspiration to start our own podcast on LucasForums and the Lucasfan.net to make up our own podcast. We are about three episodes in at the time I am typing this.

I am a manager of a GameStop store. About two podcasts back, you mentioned that you would "like to see a separate trade counter" for trades in our stores. I am happy to announce that we do in fact have several stores we refer to as "Stores of the future" that DO in fact have a separate trade counter in the back of the store. The idea is that these are all test stores, but that eventually we will all have this installed in all stores.

Yeah, I agree we have not got it all together yet, but eventually I think we will be on point with this.

Anyways, love your guys' show and would love to have both of you as a guest on our show as well.

Keep it real!

Darth Groovy

Admin, LFN/LucasCast.com host

[quote name='Darth Groovy']Hey Cheapy!

Been listing to your show for the last 3 months and it has been an inspiration to start our own podcast on LucasForums and the Lucasfan.net to make up our own podcast. We are about three episodes in at the time I am typing this.

I am a manager of a GameStop store. About two podcasts back, you mentioned that you would "like to see a separate trade counter" for trades in our stores. I am happy to announce that we do in fact have several stores we refer to as "Stores of the future" that DO in fact have a separate trade counter in the back of the store. The idea is that these are all test stores, but that eventually we will all have this installed in all stores.

Yeah, I agree we have not got it all together yet, but eventually I think we will be on point with this.

Anyways, love your guys' show and would love to have both of you as a guest on our show as well.

Keep it real!

Darth Groovy

Admin, LFN/LucasCast.com host[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of the trade counter, thanks for sharing that with us.

"It came from twitter" topic for tonights CAGcast. . . . . .

What pet peeves do you guys have for your spouses and what are their pet peeves for you??

Cheapy, you talk about smoking and I wonder if you still partake while in Japan and if it is easier or more difficult to get than the United States.

Because the combination of smoking and video games is probably one of the greatest combos in the history of mankind!

I just wanted to thank you guys for introducing me to Peggle. When I first heard about it I went to look at it, saw some silly looking unicorn and said to hell with this. After listening to guys talk about in a recent podcast I decided I would try the demo (360) at least. Shortly after trying the demo I bought the game (360), then spent the next two hours playing it.

Thanks guys!!

Cheapy & Wombat:

Just wanted to offer a quick thought on a topic discussed during episode 152. Specifically, you guys were talking about the possible legal ramifications of identifying M rated and other games as unhealthy or dangerous. During the discussion, you acknowledged not being a 'legal expert' but it certainly seemed to you that there should be some legal recourse available to game designers in light of these types of comments. I thought I'd offer my two cents on the topic.

In my opinion I owe you one because I'm a 34 year old litigator (from NJ) with a 2 1/2 year old. My wife is about as big of a video game supporter as I am a supporter of the lame twighlight book series that she reads. That said, because this site has enabled me to get so much for free, I have been 'permitted' to continue buying games for myself. In return I offer the following legal opinion, and please remember it is just my opinion.

The best legal remedy I can concoct would be a claim for tortious interference with a contract relationship. That is, the designers/studios could claim that the negligent and irresponsible statements directly and negatively impacted their contractual relationship with retailers who place orders for games based on the projected number of sales of any given game. Again, this is not the most incredible legal argument I've ever heard, but it would certainly meet the legal threshold level necessary to survive any pre trial motions for dismissal so long as the retailers orders were reduced after the comments were made. Thanks for a great show guys!

Do you think that in the future, retail games will have digital copy codes with the games so you could link them up to a system's respective marketplaces for future download, kind of what we are seeing with some movie releases now.

I might be explaining this badly, but I kind of wonder why a sealed disc copy of the Shivering Isles expansion on 360 (which started as a download only) doesn't come with a download code so in the future I could get it off the marketplace for no extra fee, or at the very least a small first time fee.

Other examples: Mass Effect's Platinum Hits DLC and Rock Band (sort of)

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, loving the work you both do.

On Rebel FM they are always talking about music in games and what game soundtracks stick out for them. So my question is their any game soundtracks that you both really like?

Also, Wombat having you listened to The Dark Knight soundtrack? It really is amazing and it is nice to play in the background when your playing some multiplayer etc.

Thanks guys!
xDARKx Knight

Wombat. Your reviews are always insightful, such as your Indiana Jones TRILOGY review. Good stuff.

Now that I've got your attention.... I thought you said you weren't going to buy the Force Unleashed in order to support the devs that were laid off making it. Did you change your mind because it was a used copy?

Thanks,
KingHippp0

Cheapy, you really pissed me off when you said connect 4 was for retards! I love connect 4 and I play it all the time on the short bus with my fireproof mittons and time traveling pie. To say it's meant for retards..........oh. I see your point now. That pie IS pretty retarded.

[quote name='Darkpaul']Cheapy, you really pissed me off when you said connect 4 was for retards! I love connect 4 and I play it all the time on the short bus with my fireproof mittons and time traveling pie. To say it's meant for retards..........oh. I see your point now. That pie IS pretty retarded.[/quote]

HAHA, I laughed so hard, lol. Nice :p

[quote name='Darkpaul']Cheapy, you really pissed me off when you said connect 4 was for retards! I love connect 4 and I play it all the time on the short bus with my fireproof mittons and time traveling pie. To say it's meant for retards..........oh. I see your point now. That pie IS pretty retarded.[/quote]

Dude, it travels trough TIME!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Love the podcast. It gets me through the long days at work.

I, like Cheapy, is an expat from the US living in Asia (Taiwan). I'm a big Sterm fan and always wondered how I can listen to him overseas.

Thanks,

Ryan

Glad to hear the CAGS on news theme, so I know that's Girls on Film, but who did the voiceovers for CAGS on news. Was that Shipwreck? Also why did you decide to use that song and what was the first episode you used it on?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, In regards to the Hasbro game for the Wii I have played it with my girlfriends grandparents. So yes it is for that casual crowd. But the reason is for buying it was the value price and instead by carrying all the physcial games around the grandparents and grandchildren could all play what they wanted and switch fast. I did try it and while I don't think its worth the money it is along the same lines of how some gamers like shooters to sports to puzzle games, except this is how to waste your money section.

Dear CheapAsses,

I'm sure this can't be an original thought, but has anyone thought about petitioning Microsoft to make it so that fee-based downloadable content can't be released for a game within 6 months of the games release date. This way, if a game publisher actually did choose to hold back content, this would have a direct impact on how well the game does during its initial release, and the company would pay more for holding back the content then they would profit for it on the marketplace.

The way the system is setup now, the developers know that the initial list price of the game is going to be $60. So in their mind, instead of giving the gamer value for his gaming dollar, it boils down to how much additional content they can generate past the $60 mark on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

The developers aren't going to stop abusing the system as long as the system is in place. It's Microsoft's responsibility to regulate the marketplace. I'd like to see the spotlight shined on Microsoft, and how they allow for these practices to continue. With a simple Marketplace patch, they could stop the entire situation overnight.

I do agree with you both. The developers holding out on content for $$$ later on has gone too far. I just feel the attention should be focused on Microsoft and their system which encourages this behavior.

bread's done
Back