CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

To Cheapy & Wombat: how big is your backlog? I am having trouble finishing games, and I'm considering buying more.

Also to Cheapy: iPhone OS 3.0 is coming soon. How do you feel about that? I am also an iPhone user (1st gen) and I am excited. iPhone 3rd Gen is coming as well.

wats up cheapy and wombat!

big fan of the show since its childhood (been listening since the 20th ep.) and i finally wanted to wright in after playing a certain game. this game is YAkuza 3. i remember in a previous show when a news story came up with the game, cheapy said he wanted to get it. Cheapy, my friend, i have played the game for a good 10 hours, and you NEED to go to akihabara and pick this one up. i have played many games in my day, and this, to me, is THE BEST CURRENT GEN GAME EVER. it is so deep and fun and enthraling, that you will sit on the couch for a good 4 hours before you realize your playing a game. and cheapy, dont worry about the language barrior, cuz i only have a 2nd grade japanese skill, and i can understand whats happening fine. cheapy, please, do this for me. buy this game, you will not regret it.

P.S.- Wombat is funny as sheee

Yours Truely,

Max T AKA Samaxt

I was just wondering Wombat has mentioned about trading in his games in past shows (around when Gamestop was sponsoring the show for example) and was just wondering Cheapy do you trade in any of your games in Japan or when you were still living in the states?

Hey Cheapy & Wombat

This question has been up for discussion several times through the years of the CAGCast, and it has yet to happen, so once and for all:

Will wombat ever host an episode of the CAGcast?

Also, bring back the console startup sounds when you do the big 3 :applause:

Cheers
SwoXx

Where do you get the opening music and/or who is the artist? In particular the past two episodes which had rap with video game music/sounds. I want the whole song!

Hey Cheaparino & Wombataroony,

We all know how Microsoft likes you to buy blocks of odd numbers of xbox points so that you have some left after you buy a game, but not enough to buy something else, so you buy more points, but I think they have this backwards! I am put off buying games because I have to buy more points than I need, and I'm sure I'm not alone! Recently I wanted to buy Braid when it was on sale, but I couldn't just buy the points I needed, so it made Braid seem like a 2100 point cost to me! I think that MS would make _more_ money if you could just buy the effing games! I know I would make more impulse buys if that were the case. What do you guys think?

P.S. I too only started visiting the site after hearing the podcast. I think Cheapy is underestimating the pulling power of the podcast!

A website called websiteoutlook.com estimates the you make $364.16 a day in add revenue and has a net worth of $265836.8 is this estimate close or not close at all?

Cheapy, any chance of integrating a gamestop/goozex trade-in credit tracker? We already have user assembled lists when they have trade in deals.

Cheapy and Wombat . . . . I was wondering if you would (or may be already have) listen to RebelFM's newest episode (11 I think) and listen to the discussion they have about racism in RE5 and share your thoughts on this?

cheapyD and wombat: are you waiting for games to get to the point of realism were it would be difficult to distinguish reality and fantasy or do you prefer that games look like games?

ive met non-gamers that say "i am waiting until i can walk in a game and feel like i am there" personally i love my games to look like games.

what are the headphones that both you guys have for the xbox 360? I was looking to get a pair and was wondering who sold them, unless you guys have heard of a better pair?

[quote name='morph3us']what are the headphones that both you guys have for the xbox 360? I was looking to get a pair and was wondering who sold them, unless you guys have heard of a better pair?[/quote]

Turtle Beach Earforce X4's

Those are definitely the best for the Xbox 360, no doubt about it.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Turtle Beach Earforce X4's

Those are definitely the best for the Xbox 360, no doubt about it.[/quote]
Are the X3's any good though?

I've got some X3's. I'd say they're pretty decent. Sound quality is pretty good and the wireless works well (just don't let anything get in the way of the IR sensor; I think the X4's wireless works the same way). Mic is great and a definite improvement over the stock 360 one. I'd say they're worth about $50 or so, if you can get them for that cheap.

They won't compare to the X4's in terms of sound quality though, that's for sure. They're just normal (wireless) stereo headphones.

Hey Cheapy,

When did you become a part of the Barenaked Ladies?

twen-cheapydbnl.jpg

hey Cheapy and Wombat, I have 2 very simple questions for each one:

Wombat: Dead Space or Resident Evil 5?

Cheapy: Killzone 2 or Halo 3?

keep it up guys, love the show - Wombat Rocks! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, I heard you mention Crackdown in the last episode. Is it a game you suggest? I have played the demo, and it seemed fun, but I wasn't sure how long it was or how much gameplay or replay value it had.
Also, I was wondering if you guys had played Dark Sector. I just beat it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had a lot of fun factors, the action was great, the mixture of humans, zombies, and super-zombies was great. And the boss battles were very fun (as well as frustrating at times).
Thanks.

Building on an earlier question, how was your exam? Big fan of the Peggle now? Did misses Cheapy make you put on a dress?

Cheapy,
I started listening to the Cagcast about a month ago and I can't stop. I work a stressful job as a art director and listening to the show is the most relaxing thing ever! Do you listen to any Japanese music that you've picked up by living in Japan? There is some amazing stuff out there and understanding the lyrics are not necessary to love it. Keep up the amazing work!

Hey Wombat and Cheapy,

I've been put in charge of my friends bachelor party, I was wondering if you had any suggestions and/or stories from your bachelor parties.

hey cheapy & wombat,
love the show. i just wanted to chime in on some of the new features on cag. i recently entered my game library into my profile and was really impressed with the whole process. the search feature quickly recognized the game i was looking for and it was added to my collection with a click. Once I had entered all of my games, i selected the ones I had beaten. There was a sidebar that gave me the percentage of games in my collection that i had beaten (42%). The whole list was also available for me to download. Keep up the good work on the new site features! btw, I did have one issue with the search feature, i couldn't find N+.

I just got done listening to episode 104 again, can we still get those CAG themes for download somewhere?

Now onto the questions, this first one is directed more at Wombat but feel to chime in Cheapy, have either of you read the graphic novels, Marvel Zombies or Walking Dead? If so what did you think of them?

And another question for both of you, I forgot you were a big Star Wars fan Cheapy. Wombat and Cheapy what is your favorite character out of all the Star Wars movies? And what's your favorite Star Wars Video Game?

For myself and SW video games I would say either Jedi Outcast or Jedi Knight for the pc.

Okay Cheapy, let me just say thank you.

Thank you for not bombarding me with pop up ads all over your site. I cant tell you how many times I've gone to a site, and I'm about to click on something, and all of a sudden the entire page is a big ad for Wanted or iPods or something. It takes me forever to find the x to close it, and it really does end my time on that site. For that day. Now, I like to think I'm a realistic person so I know that these pay much more than a banner ad but they are just SO frustrating!! If you get offered to do one, by all means go for it, just keep in mind that it will make a young boy cry. I love you.

Cheapy and Wombat:

Any plans on picking up Pokemon Paltinum? If I remember correctly you guys both got diamond and really enjoyed the game.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I know cheapy mentioned that certain games in Japan launch for more expensive than other ones (any capcom game or FF) and was thinking when I saw the COD Modern Warfare 2 teaser how is activision going to nickel and dime us with this game, and I thought jokingly, "They'll probably charge $70 for it since it's so popular!" and then started to think, maybe they will.

So my question is, do you ever see it happening where game companies will charge more for a game that they know will be really popular and there is a high demand for?

Cheapy, I've heard you mention on a few CAGcasts (including the past 2) about men cheating on their wives being big in Japan.

Is it only the married men doing the cheating while their wives sit unsatisfied at home? Or are the wives doing some cheating too? Don't tell me that the married men are only picking up single ladies?!? Or do they usually do their cheating with a "professional"?

Christ on a bike, Cheapy, quit belching during the show. Did I miss the memo where CAG now means Compulsive Air Gulper? It seems like it's been every single freakin' show of late. If I want to hear belches, I have my very own belch-generation equipment that's primed for use every second that I'm awake, and goes everywhere I do.
There's a reason you don't hear belching on the radio. Because it sucks to listen to.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I always enjoy the TV discussion, but have never heard you two mention LOST? Are either of you fans of the greatest show to ever grace the television screen?

I didn't believe it at first, but I have seen a rediculous amount of people talking about repurchasing 360's. Both of you guys just stated you would on the last CAGCast. Is this driving 360 sales?

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I always enjoy the TV discussion, but have never heard you two mention LOST? Are either of you fans of the greatest show to ever grace the television screen?[/quote]

Can't agree more. Best show I have ever seen on TV. Jericho is a close second.

Hello CheapyD and Wombat. I really enjoy the podcast and have been listening ever since XTommyDonx started raving about it daily and i wanted to know what your thoughts would be on a CAGCast themed iPhone application. We did have an idea for a side scroller played with CAG members as characters, Or something completely different! I just was wondering if it ever crossed your mind.
Thanks, Zeo1137

So, I was watching the love hotel video and I was wondering why you'd take a camera to film that for your youtube channel and thats when it hit me.

Cheapy being a internet space pimp aren't you afraid of a Cheapy sex tape leaking online?
Especially if the length of the video is less than 3 minutes. :p

Really enjoy the show CHeapyD and Wombat. Cheapy I hear you're going to E3 and I'm intrested to go to. The problem is im 15 and not part of the industry, when supposedly you have to have ties to the video game industry[I hear even working at 7/11 counts] and are 17. I would really like to go because I'm a huge gamer but I don't want to wait two years so, since you've been to E3 quite a few times, do you think it would be worth it and easy enough that I could sneak in without them checking my ID?

Why so much hate towards Heroes??? The show is a very good. The last episode was amazing. It almost brought me to tears. But then again we are talkin about the same people that think that the first transformers movie was crap.

Hey Cheapy and wombat,
I'm trying to start my own podcast and was wondering if you could give me any tips that could help me out? Also a few shows back wombat was talking about a new mic that he got and I was hoping he could give his professional opinion on what mic I should get (factoring in price).

thanks guys -Kambul

Hey cheapy and wombat i'd love to get your thougts on this!

Firstly, Cheapy, i know you read the first Mass Effect book but have you read the second one that apparently takes place 2 months after the game ending?, i guess it leads up to where Mass Effect 2 will take place.

Also a question for both of you

Do you think its worth picking up a PS3 at this time or should i just hold on to my money for the next xbox? either way i'd like to wait for another price drop but i feel by the time that happens the next xbox wont be far off. your thoughts?

Ps. Wombat needs to start answering emails

Hey guys,

Not to rip off Joystiq or anything, but maybe CAG can have its own 360 E-74 survey if the problem seems to get any bigger? I'd set one up myself but I'm sure that it would get much more results if either of you posted it.

I a quick comment and question to you guys. I was watching SNL (2/14/09) and was laughing out loud at the skit with the wii where Alec Baldwin is jerking the wiimotes. What "actual" games have you played with the wiimote that engaged you doing crazy double entendre acts on them.
Keep up the good work. I love the show!

Gar-D

Hey guys,
Knowing that you guys have played many first person shooters, and videogames in general, fast reaction times are a given. Do you think this has any correlation with premature ejaculation?

[quote name='ssssss']Hey guys,
Knowing that you guys have played many first person shooters, and videogames in general, fast reaction times are a given. Do you think this has any correlation with premature ejaculation?[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Haha, I want to hear this question asked.

more of a comment than a question. but i am really digging the new search bar, im not sure how long ago super programmer john installed it but since it was brought to my attention in the latest podcast i think its great.

if you could rip a new a$$hole into any video gaming journalist/ syndicate or related person in the field. who would it be (if any) and why?.....also would you videotape it.

Hi cheapyz and wombatz. :wave:

I saw some CAGz had CAG trophies like donating to child's play. I donated for two years and thought it would be cool to get one also. But alas I do not have one :whistle2:(.

Is it because my paypal email does not match my CAG sign up email???

Also hope ship, wombat, and may many other CAGz can make it out to E3. Do you know what happened to make them want to change it back to the LA convention center venue? I thought the game companies were trying to save money by doing it at the santa monica hotels and sm airport. Something about cuting out the public and freeloaders to save money and limiting to more industry people. Could not remember if it was true or not but that E3 was getting worse year after year and that game companies wanted to cut their attendance at the events too since it was held in Santa Monica/considered unsuccessful by some. Will the E3 be as big like the years before in LA convention center? I am not sure what to expect with the economy being so shittyz and companies cutting back.

Can we also do a CAG meet up and go out for food/drinks? And maybe play some street fighter 4 vs each other. :cool:

Can you do more Your Man In Japan content too please, needs an update if ya got time :bouncy:

thanks

bread's done
Back