CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

i saw that on Kotaku, they say that Disney is buying or merging with Marvel. Wombat, how do you feel about Wolverine and Captin America on the same line as Hanah Montana and Micky Mouse? (nothing agaisnt Micky. i grew up with that crazy mouse) by the way i love the show, keep up the good work!

Now that Disney bought Marvel, any potential games come to mind?

Have you guys played Batman yet? What do you think? Awesome is the only right answer! :)

Btw, I want pics of the Stern appearance, please post!

Hey guys just listened to the clips from the Stern show and wanted to ask Cheapy what it was like to meet his hero and Wombat how he felt to be ripped on by Howard and Artie for interrupting the show?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,
I was listening to the CAGcast and heard all the games Wombat had piled up. I thought to myself that this is true for me too. I have a few games backed up that I haven't played either. I remembered that during the previous generation I never had this problem. Whenever I had a new game I would play it right away. Do you think that since the games are more advanced now it makes the games bigger and more daunting to complete or is it just that we're just getting busier and busier as we get older. Since the PS2 came out when I was 11 and had more free time rather than now when I am 20 and in college.

Love the CAGcast. Keep up the good work fellas.

I guess this is more of a question geared towards Cheapy, but how accessible is TGS to the public? I'm in Tokyo finishing up college this semester and I've never had an opportunity to go to anything like TGS/E3/ect so I figure why not now. Any tips or tricks to getting in and not having to spend 4 hours in a line to try one game for 5 minutes? Or is that pretty much unavoidable?

Oh and my 2nd night here I ended up going to Shinjuku to go see the 5.6.7.8.s and the A-Bones which happened to be in the red light district. I don't think I've ever had that many offers for "Massagees" in one night. I wish it was like that every night at my house back home. What's the most bazaar thing you've seen here so far?

Here is a question for Cheapy. How accessible is TGS to the public? Spending one of my last semesters here in Tokyo this fall so I figure I might as well try since I've never gone to E3/TGS/ect. before. Do you have any tips or tricks to not have to wait in line for hours to see a game for 5 minutes or is this unavoidable?

Oh and I spent the night in the red light district of Shinjuku my 2nd night here to go see the 5.6.7.8.s in one of those all night (and they mean it, 7pm-5am) shows and I've never had so many requests for "massagees" in one night anywhere else. I wish it was like that back home in my house every night. What's the weirdest thing you've seen or had happen to you in Tokyo?

on cagcast 171 at 1:37:00 mark where they were cheapy answers to a question if his wife is hot and when he laughs he farted.. i think ima stop posting every time he farts laughs i dont wanna get in trouble but its just so freaking funny.

i use zune premium headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Cheapy and Wombat,

What is your opinion about Game of the Year editions of games? I bought Little Big Planet day one, and now they're releasing a GOTY edition featuring new levels and downloadable content for free. And the Fallout 3 GOTY edition will feature evey bit of DLC previously released that people had to pay for. Don't you think companies should find a way to reward their customers that have supported their game since day one? Thanks Cheapy, love the show. Peace.

Hey Mr Cheapy & Mr Wombat

I don't know how informed you are about European pricing but bear with me please.

I was hoping you could give me your thoughts on why the current pricing structure is the way it is, in the US both the PS3 slim and 360 Elite are $299 MSRP, if im not mistaken, but here in Sweden the 360 Elite costs 2,600 Swedish Kronor, equivalent of $348 and the PS3 slim is 3,400 Swedish Kronor, equivalent of $456.

Why do you think console prices differ like this in some places? and how are consoles priced in Japan? and finally, do you think this gives the 360 an advantage in sales in Europe?

Cheers
Swoxx

a-man-and-his-wombat-13165-1248297877-13.jpg

thats a wombat

Hi Cheapy. I'm just getting into the Cagcasts and am really enjoying them. Thanks.
Like Wombat, I usually lose interest when you start talking about iphone games, but I'm beginning to think I might be missing out on an important gaming platform. As someone who can never get ATT service, I was intrigued that the ipod touch has just dropped to $199 (or is it $199.99 -- I'm not sure). Do you think that if you don't plan on carrying a lot of music around with you, that an 8 GB model would suffice to use as a gaming platform and to use with other assorted apps? I'd like more memory, but the next higher model is 32 GB at $299, and that seems like nowhere near as good a deal. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I know that Cheapy ranted on the last show about how much of a ripoff The Beatles: Rock Band was for having only 45 songs when Guitar Hero 5 or Rock Band 2 had 80+ songs, which can be easily explained by one game featuring just one band and the other featuring 80+ to make it easier to reach those numbers. Going beyond that, I have doubt that a band game could really feature 80+ songs and come off as a meaningful game with the quality and attention to detail that Harmonix put into The Beatles game, as you'd have to be able to choose 80 songs of merit, quality, and playability and how many bands could fulfill that demand? You were a bit displeased with the songlist for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, but would you be able to design your own tracklist of just Aerosmith songs without filler or would you have to resort to the Guitar Hero way and fill it up with other bands by whatever explanation you could make for their presence? Imagine the PR nightmare that would ensue if you had 30 Aerosmith songs and 50 songs from other bands, that the headlining band didn't even get half of the tracklist? So are you still upset that The Beatles: Rock Band isn't 80 songs long?

I have two questions that I was wondering your opinions on. First, with the recent anniversary of the launch date of the Dreamcast, what are each of your thoughts on the positives and negatives of the system?

Also, you have have brought up the TV show Heroes several times in podcasts. After viewing season three on Netflix on Xbox recently, I have several issues on how it has progressed. How would you fix that TV show?

Hey Cheapy,

I wanted to know what your relations with djWheat from Epilaptic Gaming?
How and when did you guys cross paths ect.

I remember you calling in a few times while eg was a part of ggl, with the last time being the time when you talked about Railfan.

HI im going to tokyo this wekkend for tgs can u recomend some good restaurants cheapy style of food . Ialways like the food part of cag cast.

Hey guys, I think you missed the point with your recent comments on District 9.

Like a Disney cartoon (but with more blood) I think that the story is supposed to act at two levels. The superficial story is the one about aliens that we've all seen before and the other one is a metaphor for the plight of refugees in Africa and the attempted genocides. I don't want to say any more for fear of spoiling and understand that a lot of people know nothing about African politics, which might explain your point of view.

I liked it, but I've been wrong before.

Cool show keep it up.

Brett

Whilst I was on my bus journey to college, I saw an advertisement for the PS3 Slim, it said that it was £249.99, so I thought cheapy would like to know as even though in the US marketing campaign they don't include the extra 99 cents (which annoys me as well), they do indeed include the 99 pence in the UK ads, even if the price is still a rip-off for us.

Hey guys this question is for Cheapy and its regarding Batman for the 360.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet on any other podcast. I dont think this is a spoiler alert but I was wondering if you thought your xbox was about to get the E74 error while playing Batman? Remember the scene towards the end of the game where the screen goes all weird and blurry? For a second I thought my XBOX was going to die. This had to of scared the shit out of other people when they got to this part. I have had the E74 error Red ring incident and thats one of the signs of your xbox on life support. Anyways do you think they put this in the game on purpose or do you just think it was just part of the game? Something to think about. Love the show

Comparing The Beatles: Rock Band to the central titles (Guitar Hero WT, GH:5, RB1 and RB2) is unfair. Those games have large song lists because of the required diversity - there will be a lot of songs you just do not want to play.

The Beatles: Rock Band is a themed game, and thus should be compared to similar games. These lists are smaller, but have all similar themed music. So by that comparison, The Beatles: Rock Band is right in line with its competition.
The Beatles: Rock Band: 46 songs
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 49 songs
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith: 41 songs
Guitar Hero: Van Halen: 44 songs

But there is also another level to takes this: songs you actually care about. Unlike The Beatles: Rock Band, the GH themed games are full of filler. Here are the number of songs by the title artist for these games:
The Beatles: Rock Band: 46 songs
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 28 songs
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith: 29 songs
Guitar Hero: Van Halen: 25 songs

In this case, The Beatles: Rock Band crushes the competition. Harmonix is not being greedy. It is actually giving you far more of what you want relative to its competition. Not to mention all the gameplay tweaks, style differences, and unlockables they put into the game.

What were the main video games that you played during college?
It seems like Wii sports dominates in my life, especially when pre-gaming before a pleasure filled night out.

I took a class over the summer about cultural diversity. The book for the class said that being Jewish was an ethnic culture rather than a religious one because not all Jews practice the Jewish faith. Since both of you are of the Jewish heritage, I was wondering what your take was. Also since this is a video game podcast a bear this question: why no jews in video games? I can't think of one character rocking a yamaka'.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I took a class over the summer about cultural diversity. The book for the class said that being Jewish was an ethnic culture rather than a religious one because not all Jews practice the Jewish faith. Since both of you are of the Jewish heritage, I was wondering what your take was. Also since this is a video game podcast a bear this question: why no jews in video games? I can't think of one character rocking a yamaka'.[/QUOTE]
Two words: Jack Black :cool:

Cheapy, this is more a question for your wife, I suppose. I am planning to attend law school next year, and when I graduate, I was hoping to get a job working out of country. Do you know if there is a market for lawyers, trained in America, in Japan? Thanks!

Is reposting questions frowned upon? I'll just do it until it gets answered or someone complains I suppose.

Here is a question for Cheapy. How accessible is TGS to the public? Spending one of my last semesters here in Tokyo this fall so I figure I might as well try since I've never gone to E3/TGS/ect. before. Do you have any tips or tricks to not have to wait in line for hours to see a game for 5 minutes or is this unavoidable?

Oh and I spent the night in the red light district of Shinjuku my 2nd night here to go see the 5.6.7.8.s in one of those all night (and they mean it, 7pm-5am) shows and I've never had so many requests for "massagees" in one night anywhere else. I wish it was like that back home in my house every night. What's the weirdest thing you've seen or had happen to you in Tokyo?

Hey Cheapy, I know The Beatles were huge in Japan and even got to play at the Bodukan. Do you see the same "Beatlemania" now in Japan that you still see in America?

cheapy if you want people to send you stuff make reviews you doing reviews is a much bigger deal then ship doing reviews i mean just jump up infornt of the camra blab about a game maybe you wombat and ship can do quick reviews throw it on youtube. do 1 of those every 2 weeks its not lot but it would get you notice start a blog make ship wombat and other cags update it make it unique this is your job cheapy work hard. i love the show cheapy and wombat just saying my opion dont get angry over what i am saying. i will watch the show no matter what. sAme thing hapend to my ipod wombat

Cheapy & Wombat. Long time listener of the Podcast but only recently joined the site. Just wanted to say site is amazing and I should of joined long ago. My question is which games coming in the next couple of months are you looking forward to the most?

Keep up the great work!

Hey guys, Just wanted to say this is my favorite gaming podcast. I have a question for Wombat. What happend to your Bill Cosby imitaitions???? I thought that they were funny and it always made me laugh.... Well see ya around and thanks guys for the great podcast and website....

If there were one food item that you could never live without, what would it be?

And has there ever been a game that frustrated you to the point of quitting, even if you knew you were within an hour or 2 of completing it?

Hey Cheapy

Have you ever thought of adding a User Reviews Section to the site (which is great by the way!)? It seems many user's are using the Blog section for reviews, which is great as I like to read them. Would be nice if there was a section dedicated to user reviews where all the reviews were categorized, or at least organized by title.

Maybe even have a cumulative CAGRating for games, and also a recommended buy price (like Ship does in his reviews).

Keep up the good work!

Hey guys, question for both of you. What do you think to the recently anounced Fable 3? Mr. Wombat, are you as excited as when fable 2 was anounced? Thanks.

I was wondering for the iphone section you could do an app pick of the week or something like that and also how's the CAG app going...

Hey guys, the first CAGcast I listened to was #164, I liked it so much that I've listened to each one since then and I even started listening to it from the very beginning, just finished listening to #88 today, anyway I noticed that back then you guys used to do live CAGcasts, so my question to you guys is, have you thought about doing another live show and if so, anytime soon? Thanks and keep up the good work :D

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,
I paid full price for Halo ODST and I've felt disgusted for a couple of days now. The campaign is boring, you get three more maps for a two year old multiplayer game, and the co-op and firefight modes are for friends only, no public match option, which is pretty much standard in every other game. The reviews have been 8's and 9's. If the same game for the same price were called Halo 4 instead of Halo ODST, the scores would have been 6's and 7's. Have you played the game, and what do you think?
Love the show and looking forward to the next one
jakhamma

[quote name='Jakhamma']Hey Cheapy and Wombat,
I paid full price for Halo ODST and I've felt disgusted for a couple of days now. The campaign is boring, you get three more maps for a two year old multiplayer game, and the co-op and firefight modes are for friends only, no public match option, which is pretty much standard in every other game. The reviews have been 8's and 9's. If the same game for the same price were called Halo 4 instead of Halo ODST, the scores would have been 6's and 7's. Have you played the game, and what do you think?
Love the show and looking forward to the next one
jakhamma[/QUOTE]

Really, disgusted? Wow, I personally have really enjoyed the refreshing change in story in the campaign so far. From what I have played so far I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I have sold my Halo 3 game, so being able to go back and play online maps for maps I never purchased is sweet to me. As far as just playing with friends, I'd rather play that way instead of some of the idoits online(just ask Wombat), I just wish MS would increase the friends list size.

CheapyD, I started to watch the new season of Heroes, are you tempted to go back? If you are, don't do it, the opening was the worst ever. I keep watching and question why I keep watching every week as it gets more painful to do so. Hopefully I can kick the addiction soon. I look forward to news from TGS. I would like to thank Wombat and Shipwreck for kicking my a$$ in fantasy football in week 1 and 2. Ugg. I look forward to the next show. I loved seeing the youtube video with Tai and the Railfan game. I am actually thinking about getting it for my 8 year old for Christmas. I am finding the older the kids get, the less time I get with the 360 and PS3 because they are using it all the time, I even separated the 2 systems by getting a 2nd HDTV for the 360 early this year. The only time they even play the wii is to play the old 2d Mario games in virtual console. Ugg, my point being is enjoy the time with the consoles as it lasts because Tai will probably want to play when he gets home from school in a few years limiting your gaming time. I do get to play some games with them and I help my 6 year old on games where the boss is too hard for him to get through and I will show them how to do it and tell them to try it again with my strategy that I showed them and they go back and do it themselves after they have learned something. It's actually really cool and when I goto school for kids lunches I get asked video game questions all during lunch. I can't wait till they are teenagers and I can introduce them to call of duty, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, etc, but for right now they just keep bugging me asking me when Lego Harry Potter is coming out. You have been living in an Apartment in Tokyo, do you ever invision ever buying a home in Japan? I'd be interested in how much american dollars a typical Japanese home goes for.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, I was just wondering if you could give me your opinion on my gaming lifestyle so to speak. I've been a gamer since I was about 3 years old (I'm 16 now) and I used to play every single game you'd care to throw at me, up until I started playing Rock Band drums on expert. I've just become seriously addicted to Rock Band and I have so much fun with it, going for FC's (full combos) and things like that and I've become quite serious about it (I do play real drums though). I only ever play a regular game such as Metal Gear Solid or something like that every now and again, I was just wondering, do you think this makes me any less of a gamer?

CheapyD are you still considering that gaming PC? If you need any help I'm more than willing to help you.

Hey guys,
You recently discussed the new value of the Playstation 3 since the price drop and how it's a great deal for anyone new to the next gen. console race. Well, i'm not new to it, i've had an Xbox 360 Arcade for 2 years. And it just crapped out on me. Yep, the 3 red lights. So i've decided that once Microsoft fixes and returns it, i'm trading all my 360 stuff in for a PS3 Slim. Basically because Sony stands behind their product and I don't want to get burned by another faulty Xbox 360. Do you think this is a wise decision for myself or others in my shoes?
Keep up the awesomeness.

- Lenny

CheapyD and Wombat can you guys talk about how awfull Geek Squad is. Theyre charging about 100 bucks and more in some areas for helping you set up your shaq-fuing PS3 I personally think this is theft at its best and it shows that the geek squad thinks everyone is dumb and can't read simple instructions on the manual great show listen to it while i barbequed.

bread's done
Back