CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

[quote name='200STM']CheapyD and Wombat can you guys talk about how awfull Geek Squad is. Theyre charging about 100 bucks and more in some areas for helping you set up your shaq-fuing PS3 I personally think this is theft at its best and it shows that the geek squad thinks everyone is dumb and can't read simple instructions on the manual great show listen to it while i barbequed.[/QUOTE]

It's for the people who buy these:
Elite HDMI cable. Note: (as of this post) all 5 star user reviews BTW,
:lol:

Hey guys this question is mainly for Cheapy, What's happening to the cheap in CheapyD? First $10000 Howard Stern auctions then $4000 airfare's now you mention who wouldn't pay $5-$6 for a hd movie rental over the 360, not to mention $200 steaks? Ok Ok, so your web site is finally taking in some cash. We are proud of you, but remember your roots and why you must have started this site. You were cheap so are all your devoted followers. Once you lose that you change the whole dynamic of the show and we feel like we just got bitch slapped. To hear you gloat about spending obscene amounts of cash on enhanced services kind of irks us in a way. Never the less we are glad to hear you are doing well and I personally love to hear all the stories from Japan. Just try and not to be so flamboyant.

P.S. We understand the whole Howard stern thing be a lifelong dream and all so we'll let that one slide. Stay Cheap CheapyD!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LenDawg']Hey guys,
You recently discussed the new value of the Playstation 3 since the price drop and how it's a great deal for anyone new to the next gen. console race. Well, i'm not new to it, i've had an Xbox 360 Arcade for 2 years. And it just crapped out on me. Yep, the 3 red lights. So i've decided that once Microsoft fixes and returns it, i'm trading all my 360 stuff in for a PS3 Slim. Basically because Sony stands behind their product and I don't want to get burned by another faulty Xbox 360. Do you think this is a wise decision for myself or others in my shoes?
Keep up the awesomeness.

- Lenny[/QUOTE]

My PS3 broke and it cost me $170 to be fixed it was only a year and a half old. I've broke 3 360's but never paid a penny. So who really stands behind their product.

Hey Cheapy and Wobat,

With all of the Game of the Year editions that are coming out now that add extra DLC and content so that the publishers can charge more money for the same games they released last year, what game would you make the CAG Game of the Year to open the way for its own re-release with all of its DLC? It doesn't have to be your favorite game from last year, but it can be a game you'd be interested in buying if it were bundled with some enticing extras.

With all of the stupid stuff that Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has said and done this year, what do you think he'd have to say or do so that people don't buy Modern Warfare on principles? He's raised prices on the game for the PC and in the UK while saying he'd raise prices even further across the board if he could, though he claimed that that was a joke. He's recently made claims that he's changed the way development is done at Activision to instill skepticism, pessimism, and fear in his employees while rewarding only profit and nothing else. So what would he have to do or say to make you skip Modern Warfare 2? This isn't a serious question, but more of a What If? scenario.

If you could have just one of the games that have been delayed until next year come out this year, without sacrificing whatever polish or fixes they would have made in that extra time, what game would you most want to have come out in the next month or so?

[quote name='suade907']My PS3 broke and it cost me $170 to be fixed it was only a year and a half old. I've broke 3 360's but never paid a penny. So who really stands behind their product.[/QUOTE]

On the show, Wombat and Shipwreck discussed that the 3 year xbox warranty resets after the system is fixed, That is a misstatement, I have heard from other podcasts (IGN) that they do NOT cover for 3 years after they fix but only for like a year. This is the first system selection that I can remember so much bad hardware. Meanwhile, I wished my dreamcast a happy 10th recently and my sega genesis both running strong in my bedroom. Next month I can wish my PS2 a happy 10th. Yea!

I'd make my purchase decision depending on how many games you own, are you playing your games in HD? I love both systems but wonder why someone would trade one in for the other. Either buy one or the other or both if u enjoy the first party titles from each system like my family does and I love the blu ray movies in the PS3 and using netflix on the 360. Maybe your better decision would be the buy a hard drive for your 360. Stick it out. It sucks they break but the hardware is getting better over time, especially if you install games to your hard drive.

Hey, Wombat,

Are you ready for some football? On October 24, your alma mater, Pittsburgh takes on my alma mater, South Florida. Care to make a friendly wager?

Cheapy & Wombat

There's often talk about how AI is vital in most genres, but an area where i feel this gets little attention in reviews and in general, is in racing games. I realized this while playing Forza 2 the other day, It really sucks that the AI never make mistakes - or take risks, and just seem to glide along on the perfect line, never an inch off.

My question to you is how come racing AI hasnt evolved in the same rate as other genres?, for example racing AI's should get stressed when the pressure is on, taking risks and at times totally spinning/crashing out because of the intensity of the race, I dont think i've ever seen this in a racing game nor have i seen it mentioned in a review, and it really takes away from the experience in my opinion

your thoughts?

I'd really like to get your opinion on this

Cheers

Hi cheapy, are you able to share with us the current top/best selling CAG pre-orders @amazon for this holiday? Curious to know what other folks are buying. Thanks!

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

It's been a while since we've heard anything about xbox avatar awards and I was wondering if you guys think Microsoft has pulled the plug on them, considering many xbox live members are willing to part with $5 for a virtual lightsaber.

[quote name='suade907']Hey guys this question is mainly for Cheapy, What's happening to the cheap in CheapyD? First $10000 Howard Stern auctions then $4000 airfare's now you mention who wouldn't pay $5-$6 for a hd movie rental over the 360, not to mention $200 steaks? Ok Ok, so your web site is finally taking in some cash. We are proud of you, but remember your roots and why you must have started this site. You were cheap so are all your devoted followers. Once you lose that you change the whole dynamic of the show and we feel like we just got bitch slapped. To hear you gloat about spending obscene amounts of cash on enhanced services kind of irks us in a way. Never the less we are glad to hear you are doing well and I personally love to hear all the stories from Japan. Just try and not to be so flamboyant.

P.S. We understand the whole Howard stern thing be a lifelong dream and all so we'll let that one slide. Stay Cheap CheapyD!![/QUOTE]

Honesty, speak for yourself.
CheapyD wouldn't change the dynamic of the show, with or without money.
In the end, his whole website and show is about finding the best deals for games, the fact that he has been making money from this is not a factor in that.

I personally enjoy hearing about how much money he has, I find it awesome he makes so much money from his cheap-ass website.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Since Demon's Souls is almost out and the reviews are coming in, I was wondering if you guys think that the difficulty of the game will skew the review scores to those that are able to get through it and would be most likely to enjoy it? Right now it's sitting at an 89 on Metacritic with 21 of the 28 reviews at 9 or higher and only four of the remaining at or below 80, which makes it one of the best-reviewed PS3 games on Metacritic (#18 in the Top 20) below Fallout 3 (90) and Oblivion (93). Do you even see this praise translating into big sales for the game, based on how many CAGs are buying it through affiliate links, or do you think this will ultimately being a niche game that's just being hyped up by those that are into that kind of RPG?

Hey Guys, I recently bought fifa 10 having owned fifa 09 which had a feature called "adidas live" where your players attributes would resemble there real life counter-parts. but when I put fifa 10 into my ps3 I saw that you could only download a 5 game trial of the newer "live 2.0" so i went on the EA sports forums and found they was chargin £3.99 for just ONE!! league i know £3.99 isnt alot of cash but I don't think ill be buying this out of principle since i payed £39.99 for the game brand new, Oh aswell they are charging £1.50 or something like that so your virtual pro can have increased stats for 5 matches. I just wondered what you guys thought about this and if you think it will get to a point where we will have to pay for other feature such as created players hair styles of football boots etc.

Hey Cheapy,
If you weren't making a living off of CAG, what would you be doing for a living? And would you have moved to Japan if you didn't have CAG?

Wombat,
If possible, would you quit your gay job to be paid a decent salary to review videogames for a living?

Hey Cheapie and Wombat,

Do you have a problem with Black College Football Experience? There is a thing called a "black college" you know. The title should be Black College: Football Experience. Do you have a problem with Black Colleges maybe? I'm just saying whenever my favorite video game journalists mention this game they sound shocked or bothered that it exists. I have 2 POINTS for you: First, there are rivalries and history in BCFx that you can have in many college football games today, but they are not highlighted in those games and many people won't go through all that built-in social network stuff to recreate this experience. Second, the battle of the bands is a major part of the BCFx and this game addresses that. I had friends who choice of college had alot to do with the band reputation (they played in band). I feel this game is necessary; not to be different, but to identify this experience as culture. Thanks, and give me some of your hard earned money please. Peace!!!

Do you think Activision's plan to offer GH: Van Halen free w/ purchase of GH: 5 was a retalitory move against The Beatles: Rock Band release? I think it was and for me it worked. I still haven't picked up The Beatles game, yet bought GH: 5 to get Van Halen.

I really enjoy Guitar Hero: Van Halen. For being free when buying Guitar Hero 5 it was a great value and the songs on it are awesome!

However, it was a bit underwhelming playing "Jump" as it's mostly keyboards even though it's one of their most recognized songs.

Shipwreck is a great addition to the show. Just to let you know I enjoy the Cagcast every week. Keep up the great work.

toddacoco40

You guys are always talking about games that you have enjoyed playing, both current and past. For instance Cheapy has mentioned Call of Juarez and 50 Cent: Blood on the sand and Wombat is a fan of Elder Scrolls IV and Resident Evil IV. How about posting a list of Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck recommended games to a blog or thread? I really appreciate and use your recommendations when making purchases.

Cheapy, maybe you could link the list to Amazon and maybe bring in a little extra revenue that way?

Do you guys think that the wii not selling great this holiday could be a good thing? Nintendo would really have to step up there game and put out games worth buying

Cheapy, have you broken any laws, knowingly or unknowingly (at the time) in Japan. What are some of the stranger laws there?

Hi guys love the show.

Cheapy I am with a Japanese girl and heading to Japan in Feburary to meet her family, but will have two weeks there, I was wondering if there is anything exciting to do while I am there or places to go?

Hey guys love the show, especially with the new dynamic added by banter bewteen Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck. Enjoy your week.

I wanted to ask you guys a question that has been answered twice on the show. Have your expectations been met for each console? You were first asked this is Spring of 07, you came to the consensus of the 360 being the only console that met your expectations. Then it was asked again in like May 08, Cheapy you stuck with what you said before and Wombat said that the 360 and the PS3 have both met his expectations. So how about now. Each console has had more than a year to make strides since you last answered this question and in my opinion not much has changed since then besides Xbox Vista and Playstation Home. So once again, what do you two think?

I was recently playing MDK 2, and was astounded by how memorable the music was. Which led me to this question...

1. Have any of you ever enjoyed the original music in a video game so much that you considered buying or downloading the soundtrack? And if so, what games?

Also...

2. What old 2-D games would you like to see updated and made into downloadable games, like Bionic Commando Rearmed and TMNT : Turtles in Time Re-shelled?

Hey guys. This question is more directed towards Cheapy, a fellow Queen fan (sorry Wombat, I'm not sure if you are as well).

Will you be downloading Rock Band's best of Queen pack? Additionally, would you rather have had all the songs that are in SingStar Queen in Rock Band instead, or do you prefer having the features of SingStar such as music
videos?

Also, it seems that the Queen pack will come out on the same day as The Beatles Rock Band's Abbey Road album. If you could only have one, which would you choose? Thanks.

Hey guys

How come Wombat doesn't respond to e-mails when Cheapy always does? I know wombat has a full time job and everything but Cheapy probably has more fans and therefor more emails which should weigh up for this

I dunno if Wombat is a douche or if he just hates me, in which case i'm sure he'll tell cheapy not to answer this question on the cast :roll:

As I had left in the show feedback, this question goes to Wombat, is your wife gonna review Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box? I've been kinda wondering what view a person such as your wife would have on a puzzle-adventure video game.

keep up the good work guys

PS: wombat you rock, please talk about more things in your sections of Wombat's Cave or Wombat's (title goes here), have Cheapy give you more time of your own! I think the things/news you talk about in that section are very interesting and would like to hear more of that!

First off, I love the podcast. Keep it up! I have a quick question though.... Wombat, why did you instantly respond to my message about me giving you free games but ignored my message about a quick interview with you for my college essay? Seriously, it would have taken 5 minutes...:cry:

Cheapy, I started watching True Blood on your recommendation and I love it. I also started watching Sons of Anarchy for the same reason and now I love that show too! I really like your TV show recommendations, so do you have any others?

Hey guys!

I'm taking a digital arts and media class in college and I had to write an essay answering among other things: "Do you think 3D imaging will eventually produce truly life-like characters? Would this be a good thing?" I am glad to say that finally all of my gaming has paid off in college essay form.

While I have already wrote and turned in the essay, I wanted to know your thoughts on this issue. Basically I explained that while stunning realistic graphics certainly enhance game play and help sell the game, they cannot overcompensate for solid character and story development. I also said that the time and resources needed to create these "truly life-like characters" and environments may cost developers more than what it's worth.

Have you guys ever been truly scared while playing a video game, or at least felt the the same as when you watch your favorite terrifying movie?

Hey guys, question for Cheapy

When you go to events you usally hang out with a large part of the gaming industry and press such as Jostiq, kotaku, Gamerscore when they were around and even bigshots like Michael Pactor and Major Nelson. But one crew you've never mentioned even talking too is the Giantbomb crew, is there any reason for this or have your paths just not crossed?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I wanted to ask if you think Activision's taking the wrong approach to pushing these plastic peripheral bundles for DJ Hero and Tony Hawk Ride and whether that's something that could be an issue for gamers when considering purchase of either game. When Guitar Hero first launched as the first of the plastic bundles, it was only $70 with the guitar when you weren't sure that you'd have much else to use the guitar with, but it has luckily grown to the point where that's not an issue anymore. But with Tony Hawk Ride and DJ Hero, you know that its main competitors at the moment aren't going to adopt their controllers and for twice the price of the game itself, you'd have to pray that they do well enough so there are numerous sequels and competitors that use the controller so it doesn't become a useless controller that you hide in the closet or basement. Shouldn't Activision be taking that into consideration and be willing to offer a cheaper price right now to get as many of these controllers into homes to be worth supporting in the future and not make that extra $60 a major issue for gamers who don't want to be burned because either game fails?

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck:

I am a recent college graduate who just got his first professional job in Southern California. The job is with a seat installation company that installs seats in stadiums such as the new Yankee stadium, as well as movie theaters, churches, etc. So far I have travelled to Florida twice for projects, trips which were about ten days each. I am not used to travelling this much, or being away from my friends, family, and video games for that amount of time. I work twelve hour days on these trips, which leaves a good four to five hours after work to go get some food at a bar, a drink, and return to my hotel room to pass the last couple of hours before bed. Lately I have just been watching awful CRT television, and listening to video game podcasts... But I need a change. As a solution I am considering bringing my video games along with me, although I am only somewhat interested in DS gaming, and having never owned a PSP I am really considering a PSP GO! My real wish is to somehow take my xbox360 along, (I recognize this would be rediculous in every sense of the word) in my checked luggage and a computer monitor and set it up in my hotel room with a headset and play games when I'm not overseeing the fabrication process in our sweatshop...errr warehouse!

If you guys have any suggestions for how I can make my xbox360 portable via a smaller sized computer monitor type solution, let me know. Also if you have any good PSP game recommendations or even DS games let me know as well. I am into all sorts of games. And please, if you wish to steer me away from a PSPGo, and towards a PSP3000, do so as well.

Hey guys, Halloween is coming up soon so this year my family has been watching alot of horror movies, I recently watched The Thing on blu ray and thought it was awesome, so I'm wondering, what are your guy's favorite horror movies? Any that you guys recommend?

I realise this question might have been asked before, but what is your all time favourite movie, book and video game? Does your opinion change a lot?

Cheapy and Wombat,

Were either of you a hit with the ladies during your high school days or was Princess Peach in the Mario games the only ass you were able to get?
Also, tell Shipwreck to write a review or some impressions on the Sega Genesis Firecore that just came out.

I guess this question goes for Wombat more than CheapyD, but here it goes:

With all the problems with the 360, and the Red Ring of Death, even though it has the free repair, does the hassle of that make you want to buy multiplatform games on it less?

Especially with Single Player games and the fact that the PS3 now has trophies?

Cheapy -- Wombat was on you last CAGcast for not learning Japanese. Does Tai speak both English and Japanese? It would seem that since you spend a lot of the day with him, he'd be speaking English but in your video it seems he's speaking Japanese.

For Cheapy:

Since you are an iPhone owner and a Rock Band fan, what are your thoughts on the new Rock Band game for the iPhone? Have you had a chance to play it yet?

Cheapy and Wombat,

Is godaddy.com cursed? CAG foreplay started running their adds and disappeared within a couple of months. Now that the CAGcast has adopted their ads, there have been only three shows in five weeks. Is the next step godaddy banner adds on CAG followed by a month long server outage?

Cheapy--
Where do you find the good mashups? All I find are crappy ones. Any hot tips on keywords for using Google to find 'em?

How about doing an interview with someone at ECA? You could also ask about the Amazon code fiasco. Since ECA links to CAG for updates about the situation I would think a rep would be happy to come on the podcast and answer some questions.

bread's done
Back