CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Hey Cheapy,

How much of E3 do you plan to spend toked up? And since you can't get high without getting the munchies, what foods are you most looking forward to eating while back in the good old US of A?

I have a question for Wombat that kind of ties into dddddddd's question about Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. How do you feel about the Scarlet Spider or Ben Reilly's time as Spider-Man? The Scarlet Spider is my absolute favorite and I've been curious for a while as to what you think of him.

Also, thanks Cheapy for putting the Facebook ability to "like" things I see on CAG! I will be using the hell out of this feature.

All the time and money that's been pumped into Gran Turismo 5... is it worth it?

Any one hyped up for Transformers War for cybertron.... or getting a review copy(shipwreck)?!

[At the risk of being controversial, I have a hypothetical question for Wombat.]

Wombat seems to be the most tight-fisted of the 3 CAGcast hosts. Thanks to Cheapy, he didn't actually buy a PS3. Wombat, if you didn't get yout PS3 as a gift, do you think you'd have one now? If so, when would you have pulled the trigger and dropped the $$ for it?

I was considering picking one up for Heavy Rain, but after Wombat's review I decoded against spending $300 on the console and $60 on the game. I'm all ready to upgrade to two new $300 32 GB iPhones for me and Mrs. Cursor in a couple of weeks--but just don't feel that spending $300 on a PS3 is worth it to me at this point.

By the way, Civilization 5 is #1 on my hype wagon. Any love for that PC strategy series among you 3? If you don't know what the game is like, the iPhone version of Civ Rev is a simpler version that's well worth the $5-$6 price tag.

Not so much a question but a proposition. Various users have a Cagcast co-host that they hate for some odd reason. I myself feel the show is balanced. What if you did 3 thirty minute segments where you drop the 3rd wheel and have users vote on which match up was the most entertaining.

Well maybe people would vote for the one without CheapyD.

Shipwreck/Wombat/Cheapy,

Since we're nearing the mid year mark; how do you guys feel about this year in the gaming industry? Also, knowing what you know now about games projected to still release this year.... What are the main games you're looking forward to before the year end?

Thanks,

Chris

Wombat,

Nintendo Power (NP) is reporting that Batman: the Brave and the Bold with contain a bunch of characters to team up with, which sounds great. NP is reporting that a legendary hero, who batman idolized as a child, will be playable. Warner Brothers Interactive has refused to answer who this character is. So who do you think it is? The Adam West/ Grey Ghost character from Batman the animated series? Zorro? Jonah Hex?

Tiny

When are you going to have Programmer John Kill everything that was CAG Foreplay from the website since the podcast just sits there like a old stump? Or perhaps you could find some new hosts.

Have any of you three ever open the lid of your toilet and end up seeing any remnants from any of your wifes in the toilet. If so was that a huge turn-off for you or did you just do your business and leave? I always throw up a little and swallow it when I lift my toilet up and my wife did not do a double flush. Do your wives ever admit to pooping? or are they too embarrased to tell you when they have to go? My wife once urinated for 28 minutes, and man after she was done it smelled like shit. But she insists that she does not do that. Got the question from a toilet flushing in Episode 200.

I figure you will drone on a bit about E3 but the only question I want to know is...

How awkward was it for Wombat to be in the presence of a decently attractive woman with a 3DS tied around her waste?

Hey Guys,

I just saw Gamestop priced the kinect at $150. Just wondering if you all think thats a good price based on what you have seen so far or if you think it's a complete rip off?

Ship,

I saw you took a picture with Nathan Fillion, did you ask him if there are any plans for another Serenity or Firefly?​

Cheapy,
Did you and Shipwreck make Wombat sit by himself at all of the E3 events? I noticed in of the pics you took you were on the bus he was behind the two of you. Did you ignore him, make him feel like a third wheel? More importantly, did he bitch about it? Was there a lot of whining and bitching in general? Just curious.

Hey Cheapy, when do you estimate that the first game bundles will be available for the 360 Slim? I'm pretty sold on it, but before I pull the trigger I'm going to wait for a bundle or even a gift card like Amazon is doing for the arcade. I'm just wondering how far off that's going to be, a couple months, or as far off as the holidays? Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

So, I keep seeing people on other sites like Joystiq and Giant Bomb praising id Software's Rage to no end.

Everyone that saw it was apparently blown away. I just went to IGN and they just gave it their Best of Show award. Like, best overall. Over everything. Did you guys get to see it? I was surprised that a game not slated until mid 2011 was impressing people more than all of the 2010/Q1 2011 games. Did any of you see it, and if so, what did you think about it?

(I apologize if this is a bit premature and you were already planning on talking about it)

Cheapy, Wombat, Shipwreck-

With your experience last week at e3, has your opinion of 3D gaming changed at all? With the 3DS and PS3 pushing 3D, will 3d be the "future of gaming" or just a simple gimmick as you have stated in the past.

Personally I don't see 3D gaming having a significant impact for at least another 2 years on the consoles, but the 3DS may open up doors for the technology.

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Did you guys notice that Nintendo essentially announce Wii Connect 24 for the 3DS when they described its new Tag mode that would be able to grab new content from nearby Wifi networks or other 3DS for games you own even if they're not in your 3DS? What are the odds that it actually works and is supported by at least one game?

Also on that same note, it seems that PlayStation Plus offers a similar feature that will grab updates for your games at a specific time of your choosing. Steam also does this without the option to designate when to check for updates, so should Microsoft be working on this feature to match features with the other online services?

Hey guys with the recent sale of Blur i wanted your guys opinions on flippers/hoarders. Me personally i think it's wrong for people to be able to abuse a sale like that only to make a profit. When i buy my games i do so to enjoy them. Thanks for all the fun memories over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat, Cheapy and Shipwreck, what is your reaction to the subscription price on DC Universe Online? When it was announced that it would be 15 dollars on top of the 60 bucks for the game my reaction was pretty much, well I was interested but I think I'll pass now.
I feel this was the dealbreaker for many people, unless Batman himself comes over and plays the game with me I don't see myself buying this until it goes the way of many failed MMOs that no longer charge a fee.

Though I would consider buying the game if it was free for PSN+ users to play, but that will never realistically happen.

Hey guys,

Since this is essencially cheapassgamer, are you guys annoyed at all that Nintendo has yet to announce a "Players Choice" line up for the Wii or DS. The Wii has been out almost 4 years and the DS is going on its sixth year. I mean you have New Super Mario Bros DS that came out in May of 2006 and still has a MSRP of $34.99. You also walk into your neighborhood Wal-Mart or Target and see Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 sitting side by side with both a MSRP of $49.99. Super Mario Galaxy also came out in 2007. Thoughts?

Guys,

In the event Sony and/or Microsoft's motion control offerings are successful, what does this mean for Nintendo?

Nintendo stated at the onset of the generation that they were abdicating their position in the graphics, HD, and online interaction races in favor of innovative game play.

Has Nintendo painted themselves into a corner? Will success of the Wii ultimately be a short term victory? Would Nintendo be forced to come out with a Wii follow up for the next generation first to catch up graphically?

1) Given your knowledge of previous E3's; how would you rank this one?

2) The price point on Crapnekt and Bowel Movement seem's rather high. At what price point do you guys think would be worthy of your purchase? When do you predict it will hit that price point?

3) What was the highlight of E3 for you guys (be it E3 related or something that happened)? What was your perception of the CAG's you got to meet? Did they all fly Virgin with Wombat? Did you guys leave home with the Las Vegas mentallity (what happens at E3, stay's at E3)?

Thanks again for all the updates and pictures. The experience on my end was highly enjoyable and my text bill should be through the roof with the Twitter updates to my phone. LOL!

I've got a few questions for the gang here.

First question. Having experienced both the BowlMovement and ShitBox how do you guys feel they stack up against one another? My personal opinion (granted I haven't played with either) is there is potential with the Move and I think we saw some of that with Sorcery, which looks pretty cool and the Move seemed to be incredibly responsive and fluid. Now the shitbox on the other hand, while the technology is cool just seems to fall flat without having any buttons involved. I couldn't imagine playing anything other than a rail shooter and having much fun with it.

Also another shitbox related question/comment. Did you guys get to go to the Microsoft Cirque De Soli event? I saw it on TV last week and boy was that weird. If you guys did go, I hope Cheapy rolled up a couple of fat ones before walking in, but from the looks of the event the crowd was provided with acid by MS anyway.

Thanks for the coverage guys, I've done E3 coverage in the past and I know it's rough.

What is the ideal DLC situation for you guys? When a game gets planned DLC that is released with the game, you complain for having to pay for something that should "be on the disc". When they release the game, THEN do DLC, you get irritated that it takes so long (Alan Wake). What would work best for you?

Hey Cheapy, I just heard a rumor that there will be a Guitar Hero: Queen. Is this now your most anticipated game or are you kind of tired of music/rhythm games at this point?

When one looks through the history of gaming, they will notice that two companies that have had incredible influence over the advancement of gaming are Nintendo and Atari. Atari, while starting as a company with huge impact, has fallen to the wayside into a company with very little significance as time went on. Do you think Nintendo could one day end up the same way, having all of its properties scattered and its success diminished, or will they always have a major impact in the industry?

And as a follow-up to that, 20-30 years down the line, how powerful do you think Sony and Microsoft will be in relation to the gaming industry?

Are there any plans for a Wordpress Plug-in or widget that would link to the collection system so people could put it on there own blogs?

To all of you!

I'd like to hear you justify the constant shitting on motion controls? I know you all don't like it, but why waste the show time? We know your opinion and you don't mention anything new, every time you mention you're not interested, please use the time for deep discussions on the VG industry, it's what you do best.

Cheapy, any news on the pizza guy? That story was so great, I shared it with my fiancee (who is not a gamer), and even she continues to ask me for updates! Titanic, how is the DK arcade cabinet coming along for you? Is it gathering dust, or are you putting in long hours to become the next Steve Wiebe and star of King of Kong 2?

What do you guys think of Mario Galaxy 2 (I know Cheapy hasn't played it)? I've accumulated about 38 stars so far, and I'm enjoying it much more than the original Mario Galaxy.

We know the Move/PS3 bundle is going to be $400, and I assume the top-line Kinect bundle will be at least that much (even if Microsoft bundles Kinect with their $200 console, it won't be for less than $300). All the while, the Wii is $200 with built-in motion control and two games. After fighting to get their consoles into the impulse-buy range, are Microsoft and Sony willingly handing the price advantage back to Nintendo for this holiday season?

I initially passed on Demon's Souls because of the buzz that it was quite hard and that Shipwreck mentioned on the CAGcast that he couldn't even beat the first level so he could not review it. Eventually I relented to the high praise (gamer recommendations and GOTY awards) and purchased the game when it was on sale. I found that except for a couple of the other bosses, that the first hour was the hardest part of this very enjoyable game. Starting as the Royal class would make the first level much easier as the spell Soul Arrow, which the Royal starts with, can one-shot most enemies at range in the first level.

For Wombat (since he loved Oblivion) and Shipwreck especially, any thoughts to giving Demon's Souls a revisit as a Royal?

What are your thoughts on the overhaul for the Cole character for inFAMOUS 2? While the new look is supposedly a "work in progress", the voice actor change seems to be pretty significant.

Also, now that the new Playstation Plus service has been released, what are your thoughts on what it offers as a more "content-based" service?

Shipwreck have you gotten around to watch the King of Kongs?
And have you actually tried to achieve a high score on your DK arcade?

Have you guys ever considered including Super Programmer John on a CAGcast? I know it's difficult what with the Japan/Ohio/NYC/England time difference to consider, but I think it would be fun to have him on every once in a while, seeing as he's part of the CAGcast family.

On a related note, what's the latest on the CAG iPhone app? I know Amazon's API douchebaggery really hamstringed the price tracker feature, but it could still be a very useful app, even if just for streaming CAGcasts, accessing the forums, setting up push notifications of good deals, etc.

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

I know at least Cheapy went to the Cirque Du Soleil Kinect event just before E3, so what is your thought on essentially being used with the space ponchos to be a part of Microsoft's infomercial that would be aired on MTV, Nick at Nite, and all of the other MTV channels? It seems like a bit of a cheap marketing tactic to invite a ton of press and developers to the show that just wanted to see what Kinect was and then made them a part of their advertising to the public.

I also wanted to ask about your thoughts on the silent release of Singularity, which was once had a decent amount of hype when it was first scheduled to come out last fall. It was pushed to 2010 out of the way of Modern Warfare 2 and I don't think I've heard any word on the game or its release this week outside of a few reviews that popped up today, so how likely is it that Singularity will sell really poorly?

Reposted here since it will be buried in the feedback:

Last CAGcast you guys were talking about PS3 and Wii autodownloading. If you think back to before MS launch the NXE, the 360 had an option to automatically download XBLA titles, but scrapped it when the NXE launched. Just an FYI.

Query for Shipwreck. How do you find time to play and review so many games? How many hours a week do you think you game? Don't you work full time as an engineer? Don't you have other hobbies, that is besides "coaching" your girls basketball team? Just seems like you do a lot of gaming...

Just curious....

And for Cheapy, I've asked this before but are you ever gonna get that gaming PC? Sweat deals are on Steam again you know.

Hey Ship being that you enjoyed Deathsmiles do you think there's any chance you'll be picking up Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II as they have no region protection?

Also any word on Deathsmiles having a UK release?

Looking at the couple seperate forum threads for the PSN+ service there seems to be a lack of clarity around do we or do we not keep the DLC that is "Free" as part of the plus service. It seems to hint that you do, but when I downloaded the Cuboid DLC it gives me the same message as I get when I downloaded Wipeout. Have any of you heard anything?

bread's done
Back