CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

[quote name='banodyne']Cheapy, once again I totally agree with you about these motion controllers. There's no way anyone playing a SOCOM match is going to be able to compete with someone with the Move. Not just because of the accuracy but because of the lag too.
http://kotaku.com/5495260/so-how-laggy-is-playstation-move[/QUOTE]

There was a post on Destructoid about this. I'm pretty sure it was Brad Nicholson, but he was able to play socom with great accuracy and he said he had a wonderful time playing it.

[quote name='condensed']Wombat tells everyone not to pirate, but then comments how he uses other people's PSN account to play games. Wombat is playing games he didn't pay for and it technically not authorized to play. fucking hypocrite. :wall:[/QUOTE]

game sharing is not illegal and is condoned by Sony.

Good show guys, it's great hearing about Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Great advice on the MW2 DLC Cheapy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show... only wish we would have had more GoW3 conversation. I was not interested in the game at all until I put it in my system on Tuesday. How is this game not being looked at as the PS3's premier game!?!?!? Seriously... it is beautiful and one of the most refined games I have ever played. I am only 4 hours in but it is approaching Mass Effect 2 as one of my favorite games this generation.

Wombat, I want some before & after pictures of your weight loss. Then all we'll need is a shitty infomercial and some sugar pills and we're set!

Sad to hear about the IGN staff. That's the danger of enthusiast press. When you get up to the level where you can actually make a grown-up adult living management sees that there's tons of interns or college grads who would be willing to do your job for half the cost.

The one IGN staff member I bet you do know is Jessica Chobot, the hot chick you see on your Xbox dashboard every other week. She's also known for that famous picture of licking the PSP.
jessica-chobot-licking-psp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, i like the mirror solution for lefties. except of course, that you won't be able to see a damn thing because your own image will be in the way...

Great show per usual!
Always makes the morning at work more bearable when the CAGcast is released.

Great show guys! I hope you read this Wombat, cause when I listen to the CAGcast I enjoy listening to whatever random jokes or asides you make, as they are usually lame, but lame stuff always makes me laugh. Keep up the great work!

Great as usual guys. This is one of the few podcasts I can listen to start to finish. Thanks for the entertainment!

Cheapy D,Wombat, Shipwreck

Thanks for a wonderful cagcast like always
Its always nice to hear the banter you guys have

Wombat great to hear your doing good at losing weight

Time for cheapy D to step it up eh

oh and i have a question

Mass Effect 2 or Final Fantasy OR God Of war 3

Great show and thanks for the heads up on the Gamestop deal I have been waiting for some time for them to have a decent used game deal. Finally managed to pick up a copy of Okami and Shadow of the Colossus ..... been putting off buying them for way way too long.

Great show guys! I didn't realize Boatcrash was going to be a permanent member of the show. Glad to hear it. He adds a lot to the dynamic of the show.

Wombat, congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

What is up with Shippy and basketball with females? Btw, I agree with Wombat, grab some tittie while you're at it, lol.

HI Cheapy, I was wondering about the intro music. Another name for MaryJane is "Dank". Is he saying "I got that dank"? I notice you put "dang" in the notes. Sorry, I couldn't look the song up while at work. Thanks for the great show.

Another good show guys. Wombat mentioned he wouldn't mind trying Boom Blox with PS3 graphics. While it still wouldn't be enough by itself for me to shell out the $90-$100 for the Move and the Eye, I personally would really like to see House of the Dead: Overkill rereleased in HD with a more stable frame rate as long as they keep the faux film grain effect.

I'd also like to hear from Shipwreck about which janky PC to 360 WRPG port he prefers-Divinity II or Risen. It looks like April will be a relative lull before the May storm of new games and I was thinking of renting one or the other from Gamefly. I'd also like to suggest Shipwreck go back and try the Saboteur since he showed interest in it around E3. It is definitely not perfect, but it is one of the better open world games I've played in awhile. I found sneaking in and blowing up Nazi emplacements to be very satisfying.

Great show guys! I've got a couple questions for Shipwreck. When is Mrs. Shipwreck going to make a special appearance? As I recently just beat God of War III, I was wondering how you felt about the ending to God of War III? Spoiler-free of course.

It's funny that you guys mention Voltron and how Shipwreck's wife? had one of the lion's in the basement they were cleaning. My wife went out of her way to buy a 20th anniversary edition model/toy at Otakon a few years back.

Keep up the great work. I'm really enjoying the show a lot!

First off, Lean Pockets SUCK! Once bound to paper towel, it becomes something that resembles tile grout. Anyway...I enjoy these podcasts a lot and like how you all are personable and share a little bit about yourselves. I'm not sold on this whole motion thing...I too don't want to get exhausted after 10 minutes of gameplay. Sorry but I like to be a lazy ass when I play games and prefer the softness of my couch than breaking a sweat. I do enjoy the Kevin Butler ads. I actually laughed because a few of those things he pointed out are true. On a different note, the IGN thing is pretty sad. I don't care what you do for a living...getting the boot is NEVER easy and I'm quite grateful to have a job! So not to get too emotional here or anything, but if you're reading this post and have a job, be grateful my friend! This IGN case just proves that job security is a thing of the past in this day in age. Best wishes to them!

Just found out that metro 2033 is based on the book metro 2033. Could a game based on a book actually do justice to the original?

Holy crap I was mentioned on the podcast, my first time.

A slow moving volus that complains about the environmental conditions or begs for anything, ammo, upgrades, whatever as you go on your mission would be a perfect character for Wombat. Wombat you do need a updated avatar image. The werewolf style could be creepy but might be cool...looking forward to that.

I do hope we get some decent e3 coverage this year with Wombat & Boatcrash while cheapy levels up. I know we aren't supposed to expect much but I am interested in your opinions of all the Project Shitbox/Playstation BM games. I hate where gaming is going with motion control. Is there is anything there that hold any promise of a 'good gaming experience' or is it all Stick Fighter and kick a ball against a wall?

Didn't know that Shipwreck was officially part of the crew now, good to know. It'll be interesting to see Wombat's new avatar.

This is for Wombat's Lean Pocket paper towel issue, and to give him some more comments to read at work.

I too eat more then my fair share of hot pockets at work for lunch and wax paper helps alot. The cheese doesn't stick as bad. Don't worry it is microwave safe.

Ah the good times and simple things that exist in cubicle world.

I think the brightest part of the future of Playstation Move is the possibility of reviving gun games in HD. Combine that with head tracking, and I for one am holding my breath in anticipation of a new version of Police 911.

On the Shitbox and BM, It's been brought up before that trying to "out-Nintendo" Nintendo is going to be an up hill task. Cheapy is right. Most families that have already invested in the Wii aren't going to jump ship to the PS3 or Xbox for a prettier Wii Sports clone.

Enthusiast and casual gamers that already own the system will probably pick it up to try it out. But these things aren't for the hardcore. Sony and MS already have you. They'd be happy if you picked one up. They're even going to throw some of your favorite franchises in there to temp you even more. But they want to grow that install base to new people that are sucked in by motion control gimmicks.

It will take a lot of discipline on the part of the developers and publishers to make these gimmicks innovative and fresh. I would like to be amazed like Cheapy, but I also know that some publishers are lazy and could fall back on pumping out carnival mini game shovelware.

Enjoyable show this time around. Didn't realized I contributed to the name until I listened.

1.) Congrats to Wombat on the weight lose. Let's hope it's sticks this time.
2.) The Mac version of steam will allow you to play your already purchased versions of Valve PC games on the Mac. It's called Steam Play and is awesome for someone like me who has both.
3.) As for the future of controls. I personally don't view the current controllers as the pinnacle of video game interaction. I think that there is a mixture of best part of controllers will be the result. Some buttons on controller, some camera tracking, some accelerometer, and maybe even some sort of thought control.

[quote name='zwitterion117']If wombat keeps losing weight, can we start calling him ferret?[/QUOTE]

Ferrets are not marsupials. Call him Wombat-Slim.

I'm a big fan of the show. I'll be a bigger fan if you guys paid me haha! I actually made notepad of MY favorite moments of the Cagcast that has the times and episodes... I started on episode 145 so... if anybody wants to do 100 to 144 that would be cool. If not I can try...

Better get Shipwreck in the current logo and in the new one if its updated . You know...just in case.

Maybe now in stead of Wombat we can go by "non-fat"

I rented Final Fantasy XIII for the 360 yesterday, and I don't know if it's me, but it seems kinda hard to like that type of game after experiencing games like Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, or even Fallout 3. I know those three games are very different from Square-Enix's cash cow (and they are very different RPGs in their own respects), but the last time I played a Final Fantasy game., (I think it was X-2 on PS2), at least there was something that made me care about the storyline or characters. I'm only three or so hours into FFXII, and besides the played out stereotypes, I don't feel any kind of sympathy towards the characters. Maybe I just need to play a little bit more, but I remember playing games like Xenosaga or Final Fantasy X, and since I started playing, there was something about the characters that made me get more into it, but I guess it's probably because those were my first JRPG experiences on the PS2, and I was really impressed by how "pretty" everything looked back then. But Shipwreck was right, the game feels pretty linear, and the gameplay feels really limited because you're only using one character and you have no control whatsoever of the rest of your party (except for healing them). I hope the game opens up as you progress, but right now, I'm not liking this game as much as I should, especially when you consider it's the first Final Fantasy game of the current generation of gaming (no, FFXI doesn't count).

Also, it sucks that Metro 2033 came out that way. That game looked pretty fun, but if the core gameplay is that bad, i guess there is no point in playing it just because it looks cool.

Keep up the good work, and again, thanks for the gift card, I really appreciate it.

I rented Final Fantasy XIII for the 360 yesterday, and I don't know if it's me, but it seems kinda hard to like that type of game after experiencing games like Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect, or even Fallout 3. I know those three games are very different from Square-Enix's cash cow (and they are very different RPGs in their own respects), but the last time I played a Final Fantasy game., (I think it was X-2 on PS2), at least there was something that made me care about the storyline or characters. I'm only three or so hours into FFXII, and besides the played out stereotypes, I don't feel any kind of sympathy towards the characters. Maybe I just need to play a little bit more, but I remember playing games like Xenosaga or Final Fantasy X, and since I started playing, there was something about the characters that made me get more into it, but I guess it's probably because those were my first JRPG experiences on the PS2, and I was really impressed by how "pretty" everything looked back then. But Shipwreck was right, the game feels pretty linear, and the gameplay feels really limited because you're only using one character and you have no control whatsoever of the rest of your party (except for healing them). I hope the game opens up as you progress, but right now, I'm not liking this game as much as I should, especially when you consider it's the first Final Fantasy game of the current generation of gaming (no, FFXI doesn't count).

Also, it sucks that Metro 2033 came out that way. That game looked pretty fun, but if the core gameplay is that bad, i guess there is no point in playing it just because it looks cool.

Keep up the good work, and again, thanks for the gift card, I really appreciate it.

I came here to tell you lot off for making fun of Wil Wheaton. But since you made me laugh tears, I'll let you off.

Anyways, Wil has been busy since Star Trek and Stand By Me as his Wikipedia page will attest to. You will be hearing him in Red Dead Redemption shortly.

But Wombat, if I was going to PAX, I would have attended your panel for sure. :)

Regarding slim x-box and hard drives: Word is coming out now of a dashboard update which will allow the x-box to read directly from USB drives up to a maximum of 2x 16gb drives. It's possible that they will just get rid of the hard drive all together with the slim model. Memory cards would definitely be out. Rumors so far are that the console would be able to write full game installs to USB drives and play from them with a disk check.

bread's done
Back