CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

Is Shipwreck planning to do a Resonance of Fate review? Thinking about picking this game up, but if it isn't very good I'll hold off for awhile.

I'm looking forward to whomever makes the best of cagcast 100 - 199. There has been some pretty hilarious banter going on as the chemistry that you three have is pretty good. Good enough to keep my attention throughout the 90+ minutes that some of the episodes run.

hot pockets (even lean pockets) aren't that bad.

I still haven't received any Armyof2 swag from Wombat but there are 3 months left till summer.

does shipwreck do any bracketology for pools? maybe for other sports too?

I listened to the show in sections so I forgot the first hr or so...

Good short review of Final Fantasy 13 by Shipwreck. The comparison between Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 was great.

Guys, I would love to hear more about obscure, odd, JRPGs and other games released by Atlus, NIS, Xseed, etc. :)

Other than that, awesome show, great job.

I'm kind of surprised that Cheapy and Wombat aren't getting Perfect Dark. Were you guys not into it when it first came out or do you just have no interest in it now?

Hey Cheapy, if your arm is getting tired playing Metroid on Wii try moving the "sensor bar" to the side of your remote hand. I found that doing this greatly reduced arm strain while playing that game. I still don't think those controls are that great because the Wii remote's pointer isn't very accurate, but that's more a problem specific to the cheaply produced crap Nintendo is selling then with a wand-like pointer device in general.

Damn, I heard Cheapy talking about the BOGO deal at gamestop.com and spent an hour picking out games only to find that the deal is dead. Good show though.

I really enjoyed this cast. I think there was a good blend of video game talk along with personal chat. And there wasn't really any discussion on topics that shouldn't have even been discussed (DRM discussion for example).

And Ship is talking more and Wombat isn't trying to make thirty jokes in one minute.

My interest in Metro 2033 has been piqued. I had a good laugh at "and that's our spoiler free God of War III discussion" after Cheapy went off on a Tai tangent. Ship needs to keep playing FFXIII because the first couple hours are "press x the video game" but the battle system gets very good as it opens up. I'm only about half way through the show and it's already a quality one. I imagine in a few minutes Wombat will say something that pisses off half the audience and Shipwreck will talk about more games that he's played this week than I'll play all year! Can't wait!

Love the show thank you very much for a free entertainment. I know you guys do not directly get paid to do the pod cast and you have given myself many years of free entertainment. The addition of shipwreck to the show is fantastic ( although I did enjoy mrs. Ship as well) and Wombat is as funny as ever. I just hope one day I can return the favor to you guys for such a fantastic show.

Good show again this week, i really look forward to the possible episode 200 clip show, the last one is still on of my favorites. Keep it up!

No real reason to do a clip show. You can just get a special guest or something for 200th. Good show, keep it up. Cheapy, no more shit stories? Those are funny as hell.

Woot! Another CAG cast. I can't wait to listen to what Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck talk about this week.

What the fuck is a Lean Pocket anyway?

You know, it's not to hard to wrap a piece of goddamn meat in a piece of goddamn bread and have THAT for lunch. You could even sprinkle some mother fucking cheese on that shit and put THAT in the goddamn microwave.

If you aren't interested in the Playstation Bowel Movement™ or Project Shitbox™ then I wish you'd just stop talking about them. Obviously there are people out there who are interested, and obviously you are not (I'm not either for the record).

Instead of spending so much time talking about things that you don't like, and aren't aimed at you anyway, why not talk more about the gross things Wombat eats for lunch? I think there's a bigger market for that than (bowel) motion control.

For Wombat's name change: maybe we should call him koala or possum. As for episode 200, I think a show with prices (CAG swag, it doesn't have to be of epic proportions), special guests, maybe a few clips you guys liked/hated the most, and try doing something crazy/new during the show. Maybe you could debut the new logo on episode 200 as well.

Wombat should definitely have a more human were-wombat appearance. As for boatcrash. I really think you should have him on the logo with a blazing red fro and a red,white and blue harlem globetrotter headband :)
As for cheapy....just keep rockin' it man

Wombat's story of how a Lean Pocket and reading the comments is the best part of his day was so funny. I hope this comment brightens up your day Wombat!

When are you going to post some before and after pics of your hot bod now that you lost some weight?

****Post dedicated to the sad and lonely Wombat*****

Great podcast guys. I especially liked Shipwreck's Voltron references and the post about Cheapy D's irradiated balls. Keep up the great work. :applause:

Wombat, thank you so much for supporting our Blueberry Muffin Tops video! If it wasn't for CAG, we would have never even known about the contest! CAGcast rocks, as always! CheapyD, if you watch it, I hope it makes you laugh, or at least smile :)

Thanks Again!
-Kaypatch

In the beginning, I could not stand Wombat. But, like a furry mole, he grows on you. And now, I think Wombat is better than ever. I think the chemistry of the three is great, the show is vastly improved. Great job all!

I enjoyed this week's show. Personally, I think a were-Wombat would be weird and creepy. It would be just a Wolf-man clone by the sound of it. Right now, Wombat is the Chewbacca of the CAGcast, and could potentially be franchised into plush toys someday. :p

Great show, guys. But I think cheapy should give Final Fantasy XIII a try, I would to hear some final fantasy talk. And I feel wombat's pain, sometimes forums like this and definitely the CAGcast are the highlights of my day. Keep up with the good work, great show.

Cheapy, you should seriously consider Dragon Age. I have never EVER had any interest in RPG's until Fallout 3 and to add to that I hate fantasy crap. With that being said I have no idea what motivated me to buy this game but I have loved it. In fact I'm just about to finish up my second play through.

Pick it up, give it a chance and let us know what you think.

Thanks again for the show and this great site.

-Qwinn

If you zone out about an hour in, you may start to think you are listening to a podcast dedicated to masturbation.

"Can't he just watch himself in a mirror?"

"The move stick"

"If it's just the the ball controller, every thing is hunky dory, because i can just use my left arm"

Another great show, guys! I've listened to it three times now and just keep going back and finding more to be entertained about.

Cheapy, from the way that Wombat and Shipwreck made it sound you and I have very similar tastes in D&D type adventure games. I love controlling when my character hits and stuff and I thought I'd really enjoy DA:O, but I didn't at ALL. It just made me bored and sleepy with all of it's silly names and Alistair's dorkiness. Only get it if you can find it at less than $30.

I listen to your podcast with headphones while reading meters, people look at me crazy when I crack up after something funny you guys say. Keep up the good stuff coming. Also I think Wombat adds to the show rather that hindering it like some have stated. I like to hear you opions on game modding, your favorite FPS weapon thus far, and Batman VS Snake Eyes who would win.

I think most of us agree $15 is too much for maps in MW2, especially when Bad Company 2 will offer free maps. Like it has been pointed out though, most CAGs do not pay full price for MS points, still free is better. A lot of gamers will HAVE to get these maps because if one of your friends has them you have to get them too in order to play together. Cheapy, have you heard about the new Robocop comics that are coming out? They take place right after the first movie so i thought you might be interested. Have the first two but have not read them yet...

bread's done
Back