CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

Great show. And when Wombat mentioned paper towels, it reminded me so much of the ones we have. They're not even kitchen paper towels, its those recycled brown ones that Im pretty sure are also used in the bathrooms.

Pretty good podcast. I can't wait to hunch over like a re-tard with my awesome move controller. Ofcourse referring to the awkward playstation move commerical. I'm going to slip on my ghillie suit and snipe fools with the lightbulb vibrator.

Episode 101 (the clip show) is among my fav CAGcasts!

So let's start re-listening to episodes so we can send in suggestions for a new clip show.

I'm doing ep 102-107

Awesome podcast guys been listening for about a month and it has quickly become a must listen for me and part of my regular podcast rotation

Cheady skip Dragon Age. I've trying playing through the game twice now. It's a bored fest, Wombat was right consider yourself warned, lol. Wombat I didn't hate you this week. Sorry but you have been rather annoying lately, same material every week.

All also add that boatcrash does an awesome job! Thanks for the great show.

Shipwreck, I had reservations about FF13 too but I am really enjoying it. The driving force for me is the story. They give you the story slowly and I am only 16 hours but I keep wanting to come back to it to see what happens next.

Nicely done, gentlemen.

If I was in an auditorium and the CAGCast was on the stage, I would be the one guy who would stand up, and begin clapping - the one-man-clapping, if you will. It would begin slowly first, and then as the room swelled with synergy and a sense of purpose, others would stand up and begin clapping, until the room became a standing ovation and applause!

In other words, nice job on this week's show!

I'm really going to have to cut back on the coffee!

For the record here are a few other suggestions for "alternate" Shipwreck names:

Yacht Smash
Dinghy Capsize
Lifeboat Devastation
Gondola Debacle
Canoe Accident

Good show guys, was so relieved that Stew the Jew, I mean Wombat was back on the show. :lol:

Wombat, keep your animal character in the album picture, much more distinctive. Where was the discussion of Perfect Dark Zero for XBLA? Only 800 points for single and multiplayer, great deal here.

Glad to hear you are enjoying BFBC2 Cheapy, plenty of CAGs online, hope to see you online sometime.

Wombat, I feel your pain. It's either lean pockets or lean cuisine for lunch. Only diff is that we have a starbucks accross the street, so I can drink good coffee. Love your podcast.

For the game stop special, the used game is more than the new one on the site. I understand its buy 1 get 1 but come on, don't raise the price higher than the newer version because you have a promo. I guess if you find a new used one for the same price it makes sense. Well, least I think its lame.

good episode guys but cheapy's tai story kinda went nowhere. And I don't think cheapy will like Dragon Age because he generally has decent taste.

Hey guys just wanted to say that I moderately enjoyed the show this week. It sounded like you guys were little tired and it seemed Wombat was giggling after every comment. For every 10 awesome shows you guys do there always seems to be a weak one and i guess this is it. Anyways keep up the great work and look forward to the next Cagcast.

gongshowhky11

If you really like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale on the PC, I don't see the reason why you wouldn't enjoy Dragon Age CheapyD, it's a great homage to those games. However, it's quite possible that your memories may cloud your judgement of how much you will like these kinds of games today :p .

That said, you are the intergalactic internet space pimp, so really, try it out and see for yourself. However, be warned: in case you do fall in love with Dragon Age like I did, don't expect to play anything else for one or two weeks!

I agree with the comments about Bioshock 2 being underwhelming. The original game was creative and did a lot of new and interesting things. The sequel was just uninspired and felt like a "sequel by numbers". There is one imaginative sequence in the game, but it's right near the end. Worth playing through once, but I'd go with a rental over a purchase, personally.

As for Dragon Age, I enjoyed the story and characters but couldn't stand the battle system. I eventually just dropped the difficulty to Casual so that I could slog through the fights to get to the next conversation or plot point. The fighting in the Mass Effect games is much more my style.

Don't worry Wombat... I will miss the keynote to come to your panel. I'm sure anything you say will be more interesting than Wil.

Hells yeah to Wombat with his call for a new 2D Metroid. I don't understand Nintendo's constipation when it comes to a classic Metroid game, especially when they've had an extreme case of Castlevania diarrhea over the years.

Also want to chime in on Bioshock 2. All the actual 'game' mechanics were tightened up nicely over the first, but that was it. The game was competent, but lacked soul. Huge let down, but hey - it's got multi player, right? High five? No? Ok then...

Another great show, although a little weaker then some of the previous shows. Seems to me that Cheapy is really the person trying to carry this CAG Cast episode, in that I mean Wombat and Ship didn't really have a lot to add on some of the topics - or at least that's how it felt to me personally. Other then that keep up the great work, can't wait for the next episode!

great show guys. So glad you've decided to move away from the live shows.

Where can I find a pic of the Mass Effect 2 photoshopped photo of you guys?

Picked up HeartGold when Gamestop was having their $7 off sale, got it shipped next day for free too. Haven't had the chance to fire it up, but it should keep me busy over Spring Break. If any of you actually end up playing, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Another good show. Glad that Shipwreck is now a permanent addition to the CAGcast. The fact that he plays pretty much anything that comes out helps to broaden the views on the show.

Congrats on the weight loss Wombat! Care to say how much you have lost?

Regarding the CAGcast not having enough talk about RPGs from smaller publishers, Shipwreck should call me up. We could talk about them, but yeah, Wombat and Cheapy don't really sound like they'd care for most of those niche ones I play.

Congrats on the weight loss Wombat. Currently trying to lose some weight. The Special K diet sucks, but I'm down 15 lbs. Now it's the problem of keeping it off...

Possibly my favorite podcast keep it up guys.And your give-a-ways kick major ass over other sites/podcast,hoping to win one day.

Regarding the natal discussion - one very viable solution is that they could throw in a 'stick' of some sort with buttons on it, like the Scene It style controller. Problem solved, you've got your buttons.

Just wanted to say adding Shipwreck as a permanent third chair is the best thing to happen to the CAGcast. He plays tons of games so adding him will add a lot to the games section of the show. Also I always enjoy the quips by Wombat and Cheapy about him coaching a young girls basketball team.

It's funny how all of my co-workers ask me what the hell am I listening to when I play the CAGCast on the speakers in the stockroom.

This show makes me laugh while I am doing stock every time I listen to it.

Keep it up.

I'm not really feeling the new Final Fantasy. I tried. I really tried but I literally could not care about the characters.

The key to good podcasting is consistency, and the CAGcast provides... Maybe there's not a show every single week, but as a listener since 2006, I've never missed an episode since the original Jimmy Mac appearance. Shipwreck is definitely a great addition to the show, and shares the chemistry that Cheapy and Wombat have mixed up since the podcast's origin.

Thanks for the great shows.

Wombat you’re a jealous, man nub sporting, deep fried sucking, fat roll, dumb, moo moo cow looking, feeble brained, teenage girl sounding, cat litter smelling, sorry excuse of gamer/game reviewer.

Long Live SHIPWRECK!!!!

Cheapy.. I’ll send you more money so you can talk about even how much more money you have then us low level peasants that listen to you and use your website.

Great show, guys! Wombat exposes the secret of Taco Bell's 'Supreme' items and just enough talk of Cheapy exposed to make you scared to go to Tokyo Tower!

As for the lack of Atlus games being mentioned, it's because even if you played them, no one has ever finished one. I'm bet even Boatcrash hasn't had time for that.

Keep up the great shows, guys!

bread's done
Back