CAGcast #192: Mustering a Modicum of Nape

[quote name='Wombat']Henny Youngman would love my jokes, and I knew more about Pokemon then Ship did. I also made the bulk the last outline. I love that Ship is there is fountain of game knowledge and he is the best thing to happen to the show, but if thats how you feel...[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out again. I admit when I'm wrong.

great show. enjoyed it a lot but with wombats new picture for the new logo in mind, is everyone else getting an update on your avatars.

I like the fact that you three also dislike JRPGs and PC gaming. To each their own but neither the JRPG genre nor PC gaming interests me and being able to skip any discussion on your show about them is benficial.

[quote name='Wombat']game sharing is not illegal and is condoned by Sony.[/QUOTE]

OK, if that help's you sleep at night. It's still playing games you didn't pay for. Jack Tretton made a comment three years ago about game sharing, doesn't mean the Sony legal team or the developers agree with it. Unless you are Cheapy's offspring from a previous life, it's still not legal.

"Except as stated in this Agreement, all content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, “You” or “Your”), solely for Your personal, private, non-transferable, non-commercial, limited use on a limited number of activated PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems, and any other hardware devices authorized by SCEA in the United States or Canada (where permitted)."

Has anyone else noticed Wombat fishing for a free copy of GOW 3 the last two CAGCasts? It's so blatant it's despicable. Honestly, Wombat, have you no shame? Stop mooching off CAGs!

[quote name='condensed']OK, if that help's you sleep at night. It's still playing games you didn't pay for. Jack Tretton made a comment three years ago about game sharing, doesn't mean the Sony legal team or the developers agree with it. Unless you are Cheapy's offspring from a previous life, it's still not legal.

"Except as stated in this Agreement, all content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, “You” or “Your”), solely for Your personal, private, non-transferable, non-commercial, limited use on a limited number of activated PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems, and any other hardware devices authorized by SCEA in the United States or Canada (where permitted)."[/QUOTE]

I will table this for the actual show.

I've been listening to your show for about a year now.
You three are hilarious, it helps to pass the time during my lunch breaks and driving to/from work.
Keep up the good work.

lol at the "map pack, map pack" song by wombat. My kid watches that show and I always think of that. I also like "sniper, no sniping".

I don't know about anyone else, but the image of Shipwreck yelling "Blue Lion!" or "Red Lion!" at his basketball team had me laughing my ass off.

If you've ever heard the stand up of Jim Gaffigan, he pretty much describes everything there is to know about the Hot Pocket family. "What was the idea behind Hot Pockets? Was there a marketing meeting somewhere, 'Hey I got an idea: How about we take a Pop-Tart and fill it with really nasty meat? You could cook it in a sleeve thing, dunk it in a toilet.'"

Nice show guys, so Shipwreck when can we see this CAG Foreplay show that Mrs Shipwreck promised to do?

As for the logo, I think Cyborg Wombat from the future would be best

This wasn't one of the more interesting shows, but a good listen as always. Glad Shipwreck is a permanent addition now and can't wait to see the new logo!

[quote name='Bojizzle']lol at the "map pack, map pack" song by wombat. My kid watches that show and I always think of that. I also like "sniper, no sniping".[/QUOTE]

I liked that little gem too, it was lost on Shipwreck and Cheapy though.

[quote name='wayno187']Has anyone else noticed Wombat fishing for a free copy of GOW 3 the last two CAGCasts? It's so blatant it's despicable. Honestly, Wombat, have you no shame? Stop mooching off CAGs![/QUOTE]

Really? Do you really care that much if Wombat tries to snag a copy of a free game? really?

Great show guys. The Playstation BM talk was awesome. Shipwreck should post a video of his new Voltron basketball plays.

I feel as if the cagcast is getting better and better each week. Obviously Shipwreck is a full time member on the show and it's for the better, Shipwreck offers good opinions on new releases. I love the show, keep up the good work!

Cheapy, I have the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K Audio/Video receiver and it's a very good receiver. I think you'll be happy with the Pioneer brand.

Just listened to the show and it was awesome as usual, gotta say I do enjoy having Boatcrash as a regular on the show he adds a little something extra...As for a Volus named after Wombat in the next Mass Effect, that would be hilarious, cuz I hate to say it but Wombat you are a volus...Keep up the good work guys I enjoy hearing your take on games & the gaming industry every week

i have to start taking notes for things to respond to during the show. it's so long, and then, by the time i get off the train and settle in, i've forgotten what i had wanted to respond to.

here's what i can kind of remember i wanted to say:

forget the clip show. that's for when the producers have to give the writers a break. it is entirely unnecessary, and comes off as cheap most times anyway. if you really want there to be a clip show, it should be short, and feature only the favorite moments from the last 100 shows of the three members involved. if some bored fan wants to put together a clip show, let him, but don't waste time on it, cheapy. you're a busy man what with audiobooing, offloading your kid onto strangers, and dealing with radio interference. :p

the other thing, which i really don't remember well, was japanese storytelling. i'm not sure, but i think i wanted to say that japanese animation, cinema, and storytelling in general, have dropped in quality considerably. i don't know why this has happened, but i at least partly blame ff7 and an overly comfortable culture for the decline.

I support Playstation BM development, if only because it takes us one step closer to holodecks and virtual reality stuff like that.

Not that I'm going to buy it, but still, it's worth looking into as long as regular-controller games are still made as well.

Hey guys, love the show!

In the last 20 episodes, Ive particularly enjoyed Wombats humor, and he usually cracks me up at least twice every show (Jew power!). I also like how Shipwreck can manage to actually play games every week, and help keep the flow of the show to maximum enjoyment. And for you Cheapy, it's always good to hear your life stories, as it always helps ease me into the show after a long day. I really hope you guys have a round table about God of War III in the next 3-5 shows, but other than that, keep up the great work!

Awesome show guys! The three of you really have a great dynamic, and I love, love, love what Ship has brought to the show!!

great show I been listening for a while now love your show, first time I posted in here though. I must say I looking forward to have a date at the house and using my hand to slide the menu and then select the movie we watch with Natal... I very interested in that. But imagine pulled out that Move thing.... see if you can imagine the look on that same chicks face(not good she might thing I'm R Kelly)...yeah cheapy I'm black. Good Show and I'm listening

Thanks for you time

Another great show. Well done, CAGcasters.

Cheapy - I hope you do give Dragon Age a try, despite Wombat's warnings. It's a lot slower paced and more technical than Mass Effect 2, but the writing, voice acting and presentation are every bit as good. If you like that Dungeons & Dragons nerdy stuff it's at least worth a try.

why the hell is Wombat eating crappy lean pockets for lunch? Why not make a nice fresh salad or something else besides that microwaved junk?

Great show guys! I am really hoping that you all (or some super motivated CAG) decide to piece together all the greatest moments of the last 100 episodes. Having a single podcast that I could turn on and tell my wife "Just listen and you'll understand why I walk around with earbuds in my ears all day" would be the best!

Great show guys as always. I listen to 2 shows every week and that's CAGCast and Joystiq Podcast my commute every day would be hell without y'all. Really Thanks, keep em coming.

Hi Guys, I'm curious whether you guys (a) have an equal level of disdain for sony's motion controller and project shitbox or (b) have slightly more respect for microsoft given that they are at least doing something slightly different with motion control.

Hey guys love the show. I like the addition of the contest tab, keep up the good work and Wombat keep losing weight as a big guy myself I've found the time to lose some extra pounds myself.

Great job as usual guys, if I had something interesting to say for a question I'd post that.

INSTEAD ----

It amazes me that I give Cheapy shit to give away to the CAG community and he never seems to remember.
In your PMs Cheapy from about 2 months back, you have a Patapan 2 PSP Full Game Voucher to give away.

-FrankCastleAZ

Great show guys also Cheapy maybe you should change your name to GenerousD although it doesnt have the same ring to it. Also Shipwreck are there not going to be anymore cagforeplay podcasts? Keep up the great work guys cant wait to see what happens during podcast #200.

I agree with Cheapy on Metroid Prime 3 controls. I still remember that statement when one of IGN reviewer say it's the best control scheme for FPS. I was like are you serious? I hate keeping my hand perfectly still throughout the game. One little flinch will cause the camera and cursor to go all crazy.

Awesome episode, hey Cheapy I had an idea for the clipshow, what if you added something new to the clipshow, like maybe fans could submit clips of them talking about how or why they started listening to the CAGcast, something along those lines to mix it up a bit. Of course they have to be somewhat interesting stories, and you could also add maybe fans talking about their favorite moments from CAGcast 102-200.

bread's done
Back