CAGcast #195: A Toilet Crysis

Is it just me, or could you start a drinking game with the CAG crew's discussion of DLC? Seriously, try taking a drink every time Cheapy mentions the Saints' Row 2 DLC; there's no way you'll make it through a podcast. Dude makes it sound like the creators of Saints' Row 2 assaulted his mom when he was a kid. Let it go, man. Let it go.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I hope nobody thinks your a Sony fanboy because of this post. The Show is almost unanimously considered a better game by fans of the genre (like yourself).[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to make sure because if you listen to my podcast, my GotY winners the last two years have both been PS3 exclusives (MGS 4 in 08 and Uncharted 2 in 09.)

I think it'll be pretty hard for a PS3 game to win it this year from me though, unless something REALLY blows away Mass Effect 2.

I have never heard Cheapy be so wrong when describing something. When Cheapy was talking about the PS3 Piracy, he did not mention that a few weeks ago that a famous hacker claimed he hacked the PS3. Sony said that the claim was being looked into, shortly afterwards Sony announced that they are removing the other operating system for security purposes. Sony removes that feature and the hacker tells people that he will be coming out with custom updates to support that feature. Obviously it is safe to conclude that the piracy is achieved by using the other operating system. Why else would Sony go out and create an update to remove a feature that no one uses and is no longer availabale in current model PS3's? Just for fun?, no they found out that is the portal to piracy and decided to remove it. Why else would the hacker want to provide updates to keep that feature running?

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Hey guys,

I was wondering how long developers keep online game servers going? I imagine for games such as Modern Warfare it would stay on for many many years... but what about games such as Ghostbusters (which offers online multiplayer), how long will a company keep supporting an unpopular online game? Thanks for the cagcast i really enjoy....

I didn't know you guys were into Kidrobot. Wombat and Shipwreck definitely gets a star sticker in my book. Their products are stylish and sometimes a bit out there but like everything awesome in life, it costs an arm and a leg.

Also, I have a spare "Fry" and "Mom" KR Futurama vinyl toy you two might like. I'm not sure if you'd like to keep it for yourselves (Fry goes to the resident red head if that's the case) or offer it as a contest prize, but I'm definitely willing to hand it over to the CAG community.

And yeah, it was a fairly decent show. It would have been much better if Cheapy stopped rambling about issues no one really cares about. You know it's bad when the co-hosts are dead silent for several minutes.

I like the idea of the CAGCast drinking game. We need to incorporate any mention of Jean Snow into it. Although I usually listen to the show while I'm in the car... so I don't know if a drinking game would work out for me so much.

just wanted to say that recently Wombat has been getting a lot of crap from people in show feedback, but Wombat's probably the greatest part about the Cagcast, his absurdly dumb jokes are hilarious and the sounds he makes when when Cheapy reads the sponsor thing is so freaking funny. Oh, and Shipwreck's awesome too. Sorry Cheapy

Hey Cheapy, question for the CAGbag: Is it possible you could set up a forum specifically for trading hardware like consoles, controllers, etc? I've been tracking down different consoles/handhelds all over the interwebs and it's really shocking how much some sites charge. For instance: a used original DS from Gamestop runs about 70-80 dollars, and a used PS2 could cost anywhere from fifty to eighty dollars! Could you maybe think about this? It would make things so much easier for a lot of people.

Yeah i'm not sure where the wombat hate comes from, guy just tells it like it is. Plus I think he bring a lot of the subtle humor that you have to be quick to catch because he wont stay on it long. Wombat is one of my favorite podcast personalities.

Everybody is great on the show...cept for CheapyD. Whenever I listen to him say a word of anything in accordance to any topic ever...he comes off as Stern-clone. But a Stern-clone three or four generations removed.

I will say, when it comes to shouting out those advertisements and sponsors...he's really good at his job. Very charismatic. A character, but only a character.

Love the show though,

The Golden Girl

bread's done
Back