CAGcast #'s 1-4

If I get my Radioshow back this fall semester(which is going to be difficult because of a few things I did last time) I think one show a week I'll just play a CAGcast. Makes work easier for me.

[quote name='Odenat']CheapyD should try out at the open cast for attack of the show[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and he could fly back to Japan every weekend....

I think there will be enough new current events in the gaming press coming up (what with the new systems and big Fall release schedule) that it shouldn't be hard to come up with plenty of material to work with.

To answer a few Cagcast questions:

I used soundforge as an editing program.
Yes, it was recorded in a "real" studio
Cheapy's mic is Neumann TLM 103
My mic is a Radio Shack cheap ass Talk Back mic

Next time I will save the outtakes, I can't believe I didn't save them, Idiot!

Camera Phone pic from the recording
toystory4.jpg

I liked the broadcast, but given its 5-6 minute running time, it still seemed like it was over and done with all too quickly. The next recording has to be longer. Go for 10-20 minutes next time if possible. Perhaps it can eventually be expanded to a full half hour.
My thoughts, exactly.

I never imagined CheapyD having such a manly voice like Vin Diesel's, and at the same time, this file was informative and entertaining. I liked how the other guy played as the annoying side kick.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']I never imagined CheapyD having such a manly voice like Vin Diesel's, and at the same time, this file was informative and enterataining. I liked how the other guy played as the annoying side kick.[/QUOTE]:rofl:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Camera Phone pic from the recording

[/QUOTE]

lol

It'd be cool if there was a round table talk through something like Gizmo (which is free) with CheapyD, Wombat, and a rotaing cast of members.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']I never imagined CheapyD having such a manly voice like Vin Diesel's, and at the same time, this file was informative and enterataining. I liked how the other guy played as the annoying side kick.[/QUOTE]

obviously not annoying enough to remember my name

and thanks for the sig :)

Listening to it right now...

I thought it had Elevator background music until i realized it was my pc speakers picking up interference.

I really enjoyed it. Keep up the great work. Maybe for an added feature have a mailbag which we can post questions and stuff to get your opinions about things. Just a thought.

Cheapy, I've been messing around with recording and getting ready.
How are you doing this?
Right now I found a combo of using Skype and Virtual Audio Cables, to get my own voice inserted.

hmmm, that was an intresting listen.

cheapy and wombat, you both sounded good, you annunciated your words well and came off very relaxed, which is always good for the listener. (when i speak publicly every other word out of my mouth is "uh.." or "um..")

the content was a little strange, but i suppose its better to talk more about video games than deals we've already read about 100 times...the peice on rockstar i enjoyed because its was a bizzare story, and as a pretty active person in protesting and covering protests, the "hey hey, ho ho" chant is a common thing i hear, and hearing "rockstar games has got to go" was just damn funny ^^

anyways, i dug it, and cant wait for number two!

hmmm, that was an intresting listen.

cheapy and wombat, you both sounded good, you annunciated your words well and came off very relaxed, which is always good for the listener. (when i speak publicly every other word out of my mouth is "uh.." or "um..")

the content was a little strange, but i suppose its better to talk more about video games than deals we've already read about 100 times...the peice on rockstar i enjoyed because its was a bizzare story, and as a pretty active person in protesting and covering protests, the "hey hey, ho ho" chant is a common thing i hear, and hearing "rockstar games has got to go" was just damn funny ^^

anyways, i dug it, and cant wait for number two!

[quote name='punqsux']the content was a little strange, but i suppose its better to talk more about video games than deals we've already read about 100 times..
[/QUOTE]
Me and some other gaming age forum members (Unofficialy) are getting together to make a 30 minute podcast about video game news and discussion. Cheapy seemed interested in having his site plugged, so he'd be more than welcome to join in.

The only hold up recently was recording my voice AND the Skype cast together at an equal volume. I think I got it figured out, though.

that..was great, can anyone just be on it :)? id like to appear one of these days.or hear from scorch..that should be intersting :D!

I'm sure someone will post a link pointing to a thread just like it but what the hell talk about the cagcast here since I can't find that thread.

First of all i'd like to know what movies and/or TV shows those sounds bits were from.

[quote name='greydemise']or hear from scorch..that should be intersting :D![/QUOTE]
ive been kicking around the idea recently of doing interviews with random cag personalities, scorch would DEFINETLY be near the top of the list.

Just heard it and will grant your request of saying "You guys SUCK!"......ha just kidding....not bad for a first broadcast....could be a little longer...maybe 9-10 minutes...Also what's up with that BEST BUY story cheapyd...I wanna know the scoop.....

Good job guy's. Can't wait for the next one. Could be the start of great thing's to come.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I'm sure someone will post a link pointing to a thread just like it but what the hell talk about the cagcast here since I can't find that thread.

First of all i'd like to know what movies and/or TV shows those sounds bits were from.[/QUOTE]

They are from Army of Darkness, got it from www.soundboards.com, the version of soundforge I was using is one track so I had to insert the bites live. Thats why the s mart clip sounds kinda funky.

Good job you guys! I agree that it could be longer and less of a tease on the best buy memo.

Also, I'm enjoying all the comments on random "celebrities" that CheapyD supposedly sounds like.

You could get a point-counterpoint segment in there as well with gaming issues, etc. For example, Cheapy speaking on behalf of Rockstar's "Bully" game and Robert Novak against until he storms off in a swirl of profanity.

Good stuff, Cheapy and Wombat. This is the only Podcast I've suscribed to and actually enjoy. I'll continue to listen as long as you guys keep makin' em.

bread's done
Back