CAGcast #'s 1-4

[quote name='greydemise'] or hear from scorch..that should be intersting :D![/QUOTE]

o yea cuz that would be great. I would love to hear how much we all repost stuff and how our avatars suck..

lmao

Very cool, can't wait for the next. I hope then next one is even longer, and keep linking to the mp3 because I don't have an IPod, and I'm not up on that whole podcast-thing.

very good. i almost enjoy the small length. TWIT is almost to long too listen to. about 20-30 mins is a perfect length for a podcast IMO.

great job.... subscribed.

[quote name='mcgavin27']i loved it. I hope you make another but longer now. I do agree, Cheapy sounds like Vince Vaughn.[/QUOTE]

yay someone agrees with me. CheapyD does sound like Vince Vaughn

Good but it sounds like CheapD is talking through his nose and that gets a little annoying. And it also seemed like some of it was badly scripted.

Wow, CheapyD and wombat did a freaking awesome job with the cagcast. Glad you guys made it interesting and I can't wait for the next one. GOOD JOB GUYS!

Like the in-studio banter, but it would be nice to talk to other CAGs (mods, CAGs in the know) over Skype, Xbox Live voice chat, or some other new-fangled internet vocal contraption. It just isn't a podcast without it.

WOW! That was awesome. I downloaded it to my PSP. One suggestion; CAGCAST should be a lot longer. Overall: 9.0

Great job! Looking forward for the next CAGCAST.

[quote name='crewj']great show! you guys are crazy... but, i've subscribed to the podcast! :applause:[/QUOTE]

how do u subscribe

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Good but it sounds like CheapD is talking through his nose and that gets a little annoying. And it also seemed like some of it was badly scripted.[/QUOTE]FWIW, it was 100% unscripted.
[quote name='cag1000']how do u subscribe[/QUOTE] Read the first post in this thread or the front page.

[quote name='Optical']When is your article about the Best Buy thing going up?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm also interested in this article (what a tease!) you mentioned.

Great show guys, I look forward to the next installment.

CheapyD, instead of posting an article with your thoughts on the BB thing, why not do a segment on the next cagcast? The set up is already there and it'd help stretch the length out a bit.

This podcast, being the first I've listened to, rocked the house. I don't even like talk radio... but you talk so good and pretty.

Loved it, can't wait for the next one.

You guys suck!

Just kidding. That was pretty good. Like others have said, 15 minutes or more would great along with more gaming news, maybe a great deal that's going on at the moment, great game that's coming out this week (if there is any), and things of that nature.

Good show and I am looking forward to more. I hope it centers around CAG.com deals/shopping/news more than general gaming news.

My money on the Best Buy memo...they don't want their ads posted early. If they are posted early, they want CheapyD/the Mods to take 'em down at first sight. If they don't, it's lawsuit city.

I have no idea if this is related to TSD not posting the ads the past two weeks, but you never know.

[quote name='Ricochet']CheapyD, instead of posting an article with your thoughts on the BB thing, why not do a segment on the next cagcast? The set up is already there and it'd help stretch the length out a bit.[/QUOTE] I think its gonna be article first, then discussion on CAGcast with so I can include your comments from the forums. Thanks for listening, guys. I finally figured out how to get the artwork onto iTunes...it looks pretty sweet!

[quote name='bmarquardt']Good show and I am looking forward to more. I hope it centers around CAG.com deals/shopping/news more than general gaming news.

My money on the Best Buy memo...they don't want their ads posted early. If they are posted early, they want CheapyD/the Mods to take 'em down at first sight. If they don't, it's lawsuit city.

I have no idea if this is related to TSD not posting the ads the past two weeks, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....idk what kind of claim they would have, though.

[quote name='bmarquardt']

My money on the Best Buy memo...they don't want their ads posted early. If they are posted early, they want CheapyD/the Mods to take 'em down at first sight. If they don't, it's lawsuit city.[/QUOTE]

That is my guess too.....I remember on this "other popular forum" the owner of the website took some heat due to ads being posted early all the time. Eventually the mods had to crack down on it all.

& nice little "CAGCAST" btw...although the name sounds like some kind of sickness or something.

"Ugh...I think I had a BAD case of CAGCAST the other day..." :)

Very nice, I enjoyed listening to it. :) If I had any suggestions it would be to make it a little bit longer. You two were rolling along great and then it just kinda ended. Seems like you could have went on for longer. Other then that, wonderful! Please keep it up.

I really liked it.
It's a very solid first offering. It sounds quite a bit like what Tech TV used to be back in the day... a tad unprofessional, but that was part of it's charm.

You had these people doing this on a modest budget because they loved the subject matter. It's things like this that remind us what's good and great about the community.

Per everyone else's comments, the podcast was suprisingly entertaining. Both Cheapy and Wombat brought quality insight and generation x skepticism to the wonderful world of cheap games. Keep up the good work. And don't let a little bit of fame and a little bit of money go to your heads, you jerks. JK. Looking forward to more CAG programming...

I would say your first CAGcast was a success. I enjoyed it, but hopefully you can make the show a little longer in the next installment.

[quote name='yukine']I would say your first CAGcast was a success. I enjoyed it, but hopefully you can make the show a little longer in the next installment.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think too many people are making issue of the lenght. It's a tricky thing to judge, but a number of shorter lenght CAGcasts would be far better than a lower number of longer ones.

A good show should follow the same rules as a miniskirt... long enough to cover the topic, but short enough to keep things interesting.

The CAGcast was great....but I think it needed a bit more Bruce Campbell.

(Either that, or more cowbell. I got a fever....and the only prescription is more cowbell.)

You'll have to work on that. :)

Never posted here before, but after that, how could I resist? Great stuff! You should do one at least every week, and for god sakes, make it longer!

[quote name='JSweeney']Nah, I think too many people are making issue of the lenght. It's a tricky thing to judge, but a number of shorter lenght CAGcasts would be far better than a lower number of longer ones.

A good show should follow the same rules as a miniskirt... long enough to cover the topic, but short enough to keep things interesting.[/QUOTE]

It's just based on personal preference, really.

I would prefer maybe 60 minute (episodes?) each week, over several 6-7 minute ones. But as long as more episodes continue to be made, I'll be satisfied. :razz:

I never realized that 60+ males would be so concerned with the length of my piece. :)

We really only have 2 hours max in the studio, and surprisingly enough there was some editing involved. So I personally think the 15 minutes may be reasonable length, but if we rolling without a hitch maybe 30 minutes.

Just listened to the cagcast this morning. Really good stuff. Especially after reading that it was totally unscripted. You guys were very natual and I liked the banter. Wombat, your voice fits your name perfectly!

Finally listened to it! So, Cheapy, when are we going to get thath article on the Best Buy letter you received. That sounds intriguing (sp?). :D

I listened, it was a bit short as others have mentioned. You guys might want to load up Skype (if you're not) and let people call in, or at least ask questions and junk. Might want to add another host or two, or have a rotating panel.

Good start, and I've registered for it on itunes.

Pretty entertaining. Thanks for making me hip enough to listen to a Podcast. The next thing you know, I'll be blogging and sending pictures on my cell phone all thanks to CAG keeping me on the cutting edge of technology!

Thanks for the great podcast Cheapy and Wombat. :applause: I really enjoyed it. If only it had been a little longer like 15+ minutes :(.

Also, what's with the tease about the BB memo.
We're all :whistle2:? and CheapyD is all :ziplip: and then we're all :bomb:

bread's done
Back