CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

[quote name='Bubba Thrust']Gonna need moe than Roids to take out Shikoba.[/QUOTE]

How about a brother that will stop at nothing to make sure Lincoln succeeds?

We're all watching UFC 117 tonight, and I've got people coming over for the TNA/ECW pay per view tomorrow, but I can play Monday night, Nate and Bubba. Possibly Monday afternoon.

EDIT: I forgot, I have to go to the clinic at the hospital for "further evaluation", so I can't commit to Monday. It's still a possibility, but I can't say for sure. Tuesday's open, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaShawn Reddman | E. Honda | KO | 4:08 RD 1

Weird fight. I took an shit ton of damage before I went down. Took forever to "Connect" to the UFC servers (that message in the upper left), and I don't know how to explain it, but on my end, the fight seemed to "freeze" at times. Oh well, a beating is a beating. Have to get last year's Muay Thai controls out of my head. Keep trying to catch strikes when in MT Defense when I cant in this game anymore lol.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Fedor vs. E-Honda

Fedor wins via right hook after 55 seconds in the second round.[/QUOTE]

That finish was more or less the same thing that happened in the Beard Man fight. I landed a flush head kick, which made Fedor stagger for .5 seconds (he actually warped like half a foot to the side), then Fedor throws and connects with a hook seemingly coming from no-man's land, knocking me out. I don't think my leg even touched the ground from the head kick. Maybe it's time to retire the Japanese sumo wrestler turned street fighter tuned mma fighter.

Thomas Bruso | Lincoln Burrows | KO | 4:10 of Rd 1

Good fight Franky! We pretty much spent the whole time trading. Swaying back and forth and just throwing bombs. Finally, EBM connected late in the round, and although Burrows got KO'd with only 88% head damage, it was a clean counter, and apparently was enough to put him down.

I mentioned Tuesday before. I would like to schedule both my fights for tomorrow night if possible. I know Nate will check the thread, but I'll send PMs to both opponents.

Didn't get to play tonight. Bubba responded to my PM earlier saying he'd be on, but he never gave me a time frame or anything. He didn't respond to my follow up message. I'm not holding him at fault, but I do want to say now that CAG is my #1 means of communication with you guys, over Xbox Live messages, in both receiving and sending.

That being said, I also chose not to sign on earlier due to long phone battles with customer service taking up my time, and then I was too pissed off and frustrated to focus or want to play any games, so I didn't try anything other than the CAG PMs.

I just exchanged XBL messages with Nate, and he and I are going to play tomorrow night ti looks like. We have not set a time, but I told him I will be available from 9 P.M. Eastern/6 P.M. Pacific through most of the night guaranteed, and there's a decent chance I'll be around before that as well. I will not be on my Xbox that whole time, though.

I'm messaging Bubba now and asking him to check the thread. Nate and Bubba, please let me know what time frames would be best for you tomorrow, if you know at this point. Now, I guess I should finally pop in Madden.

No results?

In true Matt Young fashion, I lost both title fights. I'm 0-for-all my title fights. I mean, I did okay, but the whole thing reminded me that I need tot rain more. I haven't started career, nor played any online matches against non-CAGs. My only other mutiplayer experience was against a couple friends this past weekend, and they weren't familiar with the controls whatsoever.

Both fights went 3 rounds. I kept taking down Bubba, but he'd never let me get a good position. He and I were trading hard strikes while standing, and he definitely got the better of me there. Against Nate, half the fight consisted of us rolling around on the ground while I kept gaining good positions on him, but he would not allow me to inflict any real damage. Then he reversed me and knocked me out one of those times after we each hit some heavy shots in the standup game.

Welterweight Championship: Nate Lisa l Matt Young l KO l 3:52 of Round 3
Heavyweight Championship: Mayim Bialik l Gail Pennyfeather l KO l 1:13 of Round 3

Sorry, Matt. Just now got the video uploaded. For whatever reason, my capture card outputs to .ts format, which looked fine on my computer, but looks like ass on Youtube...and somehow the audio got out of sync during the upload as well. I didn't feel like converting it, but I'll have to look into it before making future recordings.

The fight was really awesome though. I landed some pretty good counters standing, but you were handling me on the ground. As I joked, for a while there in the 3rd round, I looked like a sorority girl who really didn't want to get it doggystyle, and kept trying to roll over, hahaha.

I was fortunate to get the reversal when I did, then land one punch, then immediately reverse your escape attempt into mount, and then one more punch ended it. Really quick finish considering how the fight had gone up to that point. I think it was an early stoppage. Yamasaki (or as my wife calls him "Rob Schneider"...because she thinks he looks like him) needs to be investigated.

But yeah, confirming the results:

Nate Lisa | Matt Young | KO | 3:52 of Rd 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahBTVksiQM

EDIT - video quality looks better now (guess it was still processing even though it said it was finished), but audio is still out of sync. It does the job though.

Maaaaaan...I just had the best online ranked match ever, haha. I picked Rashad Evans and the other guy picks Dan Henderson. I noticed that most of his wins were by KO, so I figure there's a good chance he'll want to trade. I'm half right, as we start exchanging punches, until he gets hit really good and knocked down. After getting up, he changes his gameplan to spamming MT clinch. So, rather than absorb damage and lose the round, I just start hammering him with takedown after takedown.

I didn't have my mic on, but he had his on and I could hear him whining through my TV speakers. Every time he'd get taken down it would be "God! Stop doing that you asshole!!!", haha. After about 8 takedowns and when the 2nd round ended, I turned my mic on to call him a dumbass for talking to himself. He responds with "I'm beating your ass! You may have won those two rounds, but I'm doing more damage. All you have is those takedowns."

He actually stuffs my next shot, and then says "See. I switched up my style!" Two seconds later, I throw a big left hook and drop him like a sack of shit. I don't have a clear memory of the next expletive laden 30 seconds, but I remember saying "Eat it, bitch" at least once or twice, haha. Ahh, man. Good ole Xbox Live.

All right guys, really happy that we got through another week and all fights were completed. Once again, every fight was actually finished a day early, so great job with that! Records and rankings have been updated, and the card for CAGFCXX: NUCLEAR is now up! Fights will be due by next Thursday, 8/19 at 11:59 PM EST. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

[quote name='moojuice']Matt, I should be free today and tomorrow. Rest of the week is iffy.[/QUOTE]

I guess Saturday night is our best option, then. I'll be gone Sunday and Monday nights.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'll have to get my fights in on Tuesday or Wednesday night because I'll be w/o internet until then.[/QUOTE]

Wednesday night works for me.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']HW Fight

Fedor vs. Lincoln Burrows

Fedor wins via KO from a right hook after 4:02 of action in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Yep, good fight Jay. Sorry I didn't mean to do that submission when you had me pinned.

I need to get on and get some practice. I'm a disgrace to this league.

Alan, you never said anything about tonight. I was in bed last night when you posted, since I was very tired and I had heard nothing about when you'd be available, just when you would not be.

Hopefully we can play tonight or tomorrow. I'll be around.

Nate vs. Aaron Alvarez - Nate wins after a massive punch in the mount position 4:01 into the first round.

Nate hit a sequence of three German Suplex in succession on me that had me marking out hard. Awesome fight.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Nate vs. Aaron Alvarez - Nate wins after a massive punch in the mount position 4:01 into the first round.

Nate hit a sequence of three German Suplex in succession on me that had me marking out hard. Awesome fight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that fight was nuts Jay! I remembered from reading several of your fight results that you seemed to win with right hooks a lot. So, it totally caught me off guard when you kept going for takedowns. I was fortunate to get the reversals when I did, and then yeah...3 German Suplexes, haha. I was just like "oh, he's going to block this one..", "oh, he's going to block this one..", lol.

I think after that, Alvarez was all discombobulated, haha. I was pretty surprised the 3rd slam didn't rock him though, and I almost screwed myself trying to get mount, as I momentarily paused the game when my thumb slipped (as you'll see in the video). Luckily, I got out of it quickly, and didn't lose position. Definitely a fun fight though!

Nate Lisa | Aaron Alvarez | KO | 3:59 of Rd 1

[quote name='Matt Young']Alan, you never said anything about tonight. I was in bed last night when you posted, since I was very tired and I had heard nothing about when you'd be available, just when you would not be.

Hopefully we can play tonight or tomorrow. I'll be around.[/QUOTE]
Back now. Will be on in about half an hour. won't be on too late though, have to get up way early tomorrow.

Also, I said tues and weds. Today is wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='moojuice']Back now. Will be on in about half an hour. won't be on too late though, have to get up way early tomorrow.

Also, I said tues and weds. Today is wednesday.[/QUOTE]

I meant you never said anything about when you'd be available tonight. You just said when you'd be unavailable both nights.

I didn't even know you were on. I got on at 11 P.M. since you had said you'd eb unavailable till then, but you had signed off shortly before that.

What about tomorrow? Are you going to be busy then?

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']n8, what do you use to capture vids? Whatever it is seems to do a much better job than my capture card, which can't even get audio from the games.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-119...TF8&s=electronics&qid=1282238622&sr=8-3-spell

Then it's just a matter of running splitters and adapters so I can have video and audio running to both the computer and tv. It only takes composite video though.

Gaily Pennyfeather | Eaaa. Honda | KO (4:59 Round 2)

Last second K.O. by Pennyfeather. Honda didn't know how much time was left on the clock when he got rocked by Pennyfeather. Tried to clinch, but got KTFO.

E. Honda | Matt Young | KO (1:09 Rd 3)
Herb Dean did a weird thing where he lovingly stared at both our crotches at the end of round two.

Gail Pennyfeather | Eaaa. Honda | KO (4:59 of Rd. 2)

E. Honda | Matt Young | TKO (1:09 of Rd. 3)

Both were very good fights that could have gone either way. Lots of transitions and reversals in each fight, both on the ground and in the clinch game. Alan's Muay Thai knees are brutally punishing.

Good job getting those done, guys! So, it looks like just the fights with Bubba didn't get done. That's pretty lame. I saw him on yesterday and asked if he wanted to do our fight. But he asked if we could do it Thursday because he "hadn't played yet today". I don't know if I should take that as a sign of respect that he doesn't want to fight me without brushing up first, or just a sign of the disconnect in how dominant he thinks he is in this league.

I'm pretty sure nobody here plays the game every single day, and none of us would turn down an opportunity to fight because we "hadn't played yet today". Not trying to start shit over it, Bubba, so please don't take it that way. It's just an observation. Regardless, I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow through Monday, so without those last two fights done, it doesn't leave us a whole lot of room for CAGFC21. Unless I just declare them both a draw, and set up a new card before I leave. What do you guys think?

bread's done
Back