CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, that's pretty cool. But watch yourself, or we might just slip into a normal conversation.[/QUOTE]

I dont affiliate myself with wrestling fans..........(JK)

Practice tonight I will retire Bruso. Both our Records may be 4-1 but Im 20x the fighter.

Yup, I have no problem stating that Bubba's fighter won this fight. The video will be up shortly.

Also, glad you liked the song. It seemed fitting. :)

All right. Here's the video of my HW title fight with Bubba. I executed my gameplan fairly well, and the fight went pretty much exactly as I expected it to. I'm not going to say anything else about it. The video shows plain as day what happened in the fight. Other members of the league are welcome to comment or express any concerns they might have though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1j-T00dVrE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bubba Thrust']N8 the video shows a wrestler vs a BJJ fighter no exploits or glitches. 10/10 submission victory.[/QUOTE]

All right, since nobody has commented on the video, I'll respond to Bubba. This is going to be lengthy, but it's the last I'll be talking to him, so there you go.

Suuuure...no exploits. It's not like you spammed butterfly guard or attempted 3 submissions off your back or anything... :roll:

I see a guy using submissions as a means to not get punched. I haven't fought a lot of fighters that use butterfly guard, but for whatever reason, I couldn't reverse any of your transitions to butterfly (oh, that's right...it's a "level 3 move"). The most legit thing you did the entire fight was when you reversed my transition attempt (which I got overly aggressive with because of your endless spamming of butterfly guard). You gave me a pretty good beating while you were on top, and the RNC attempt legitimately made sense because you had me in a bad spot and I was waiting to try to time my escape.

The other 3 sub attempts off your back were straight garbage. The end of the video shows I only had 10% body damage...and yet I couldn't fight my way out of your garbage 4th submission attempt (2nd gogoplata attempt) of the 1st round? As you mentioned, you boosted your submission offense to 75. Well, as you can see from the video, my submission defense is 75.

There's no logical reason that you should be able to pull sub attempts out of your ass like that. Submissions off your back are retarded in this game. Wow, click the right stick. That's some amazing talent!!! It's that same reason that you see the "great fighters" in online ranked pick Frank Mir all the time. Whether you're gassed or not, they just spam subs until one gets locked in. It's a bitch tactic, and I have ZERO interest in playing with a person who fights like that.

I don't find any enjoyment in playing with somebody who takes every loophole and exploit in the game and uses it to his advantage. I'm sure you'll say it's not a loophole, but then tell me, why not reverse me and finish me from on top? (which is supposed to be the DOMINANT position) Why not push me off and then take me down? Why is it that you always take advantage of some bitch maneuver that is 100 times easier to pull off in a video game than it is in real life? (see: rubber guard, butterfly guard, kimura, gogoplata, etc) You claim you actually train in real life, but anybody with an ounce of respect for martial arts couldn't possibly feel good about abusing bullshit moves like that.

At the end of the day, that's all it boils down to. In my opinion, you fight like a douchebag, and I don't want to play with you anymore. I can't speak for the rest of the guys in the league, but I think you're a piece of trash, and I don't want anything to do with you. If nobody else has a problem with you and doesn't mind fighting you, then I'll keep putting you on cards. I'm fine with that.

But you're the type of fighter I see online whose stat line looks like this: "322 wins, 104 losses, 45 KOs, 17 TKOs, 260 Subs, Excellent Takedown Defense, Great Submissions". Then, they pick Frank Mir, run at me from the opening bell, and go for a flying armbar. I've learned to avoid those people because they're assholes. So, that's it. I'm not going to argue with you, or ban you from the league, or do anything crazy. But I'm not going to play this game with you anymore. If that's not acceptable to you, you're free to leave. Just recognize that nobody here has to play with you if they don't want to.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
At the end of the day, that's all it boils down to. In my opinion, you fight like a douchebag, and I don't want to play with you anymore. I can't speak for the rest of the guys in the league, but I think you're a piece of trash, and I don't want anything to do with you. If nobody else has a problem with you and doesn't mind fighting you, then I'll keep putting you on cards. I'm fine with that.

[/QUOTE]

This was my favorite paragraph. I don't want to fight him, kick his ass out. He has horrible grammar and talks WAY to much shit.

Bubba - what I want to know is how can you respond to these posts when previously you hadn't been on CAG all day?

[quote name='FrankySox']This was my favorite paragraph. I don't want to fight him, kick his ass out. He has horrible grammar and talks WAY to much shit.

Bubba - what I want to know is how can you respond to these posts when previously you hadn't been on CAG all day?[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, it won't be a matter of kicking him out. But if no one wants to play with him, then he won't have anyone to fight (I'm pretty sure several people tried telling him this in last year's league as well). That would just be the bed he has made, and he'd have to sleep in it. I'm trying to handle this as respectfully as I can.

His fighter would even retire with the belt as a champion. As many have pointed out, there's no denying that he's "good at this game". But those same people have also pointed out that there's more to this league than just crushing your opponents at all costs. He's never gotten that, and I don't expect him to now.

I fight like what? Defend myself on the ground?

I fucking used submissions the win the effing fight.

N8 you took the fight to the ground I just finished it there.

BTW I have more Ko's from standup.

About the use of Rubber Guard and Butterfly I train them alot in BJJ Class bud. Look at Sonnen Silva fight 50% of the time he has them in Butterfly and watch Maia's fights. Kick me out IDC N8 you stink. 3-0 made you tapout 3x........... Cry me a river playboy every time we fight you cry Im out after I fight Fanjay will be back when EA mma comes out.

[quote name='Bubba Thrust']I fight like what? Defend myself on the ground?

I fucking used submissions the win the effing fight.

N8 you took the fight to the ground I just finished it there.

BTW I have more Ko's from standup.

About the use of Rubber Guard and Butterfly I train them alot in BJJ Class bud. Look at Sonnen Silva fight 50% of the time he has them in Butterfly and watch Maia's fights. Kick me out IDC N8 you stink. 3-0 made you tapout 3x........... Cry me a river playboy every time we fight you cry Im out after I fight Fanjay will be back when EA mma comes out.[/QUOTE]

Do you click a stick to pop your submissions on in BJJ class too? Again, just like with the fight...exactly what I expected. I don't see how any of this changes the fact that nobody wants to play with you. But stay classy.

Silva attempted what...4 subs in 25 minutes, and maybe 2 off his back? You tried around 4 in less than 5 minutes, with 3(?) off your back.

returns.jpg

[quote name='Matt Young']I wanted to knock out Simeon, like I almost did last time.[/QUOTE]

The great Simeon Will take this challenge. Can I take Simeon out retirement and Choke you out for fun.

Alan and I were able to get our fight in tonight since the THQ servers felt like working today. It was a good fight. I tried to control him on the ground and was fortunate to get some reversals which allowed me to G&P for the win.

Nate Lisa | E. Honda | TKO | 3:16 of Rd 1

And here's the video from the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLihqvAc17o

All right, records and rankings have been updated, the necessary roster changes were made, and the card for CAGFC22: VICTORY is now up! The deadline for these fights will be Thursday, 9/2 at 11:59 PM EST. Good luck to everybody this week!

Franky and moojuice, I'll be available for the fight most of the weekend and probably anytime in the afternoon during the week as well - except from 9-11 EST on Monday and 10-11 PM EST on Tuesday.

Aaron Alvarez vs. E Honda - WW fight

E Honda wins via KO 1:05 into the second round with a high kick to the head.

Loved this fight. Thought I had it won early with an armbar attempt - I flipped over onto what I thought would be my belly for a victory, but then found it was leading to E Honda being on top of me for the thrashing. Luckily, I made it to the second round, but got taken out with a perfectly-placed high kick.

Fedor vs. Lincoln Burrows - HW Title Fight

Fedor wins via overhead punch 2 mins. into the first round.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I WON THE TITLE! I definitely fight better with Fedor than I do with Alvarez, and that worked out well in this fight. I lucked out and stuffed a takedown early, took him down, carefully positioned myself on the ground to land dominant shots and landed a ton of them - including a hammer fist. When he was rocked, I thought for sure it would be over then, but he got through that only to go for a shot that I ducked and used to hit the overhead punch with.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Aaron Alvarez vs. E Honda - WW fight

E Honda wins via KO 1:05 into the second round with a high kick to the head.[/QUOTE]
Confirming this post.

Good fight.

Nate, when I asked last night about the card, you should have told me we were playing each other. I can play tonight after UFC 118, or anytime tomorrow afternoon (later in afternoon) or evening. Let me know if you'd like to play at one of those items. If not, we can arrange something during the week.

Also, my UFC 118 predictions for those who might care, and don't check the MMA thread:

Nate Diaz over Marcus Davis by submission
Kenny Florian over Grey Maynard by decision
Demian Maia over Mario Miranda by submission
Randy Couture over James Toney by TKO
Frankie Edgar over BJ Penn by decision

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, when I asked last night about the card, you should have told me we were playing each other. I can play tonight after UFC 118, or anytime tomorrow afternoon (later in afternoon) or evening. Let me know if you'd like to play at one of those items. If not, we can arrange something during the week.[/QUOTE]

I thought about it, but I was in hockey mode last night and didn't really feel like playing UFC. I should be able to play tonight after UFC 118 though.

Well, nevermind about playing UFC tonight, Matt. The freaking servers are down again...for the second time in 4 days. I guess it's not terribly surprising for them to be slammed right after a UFC event, but it just highlights how much of a step backward this game was this year. I remember Alan and FrankySox saying last night that the servers were ridiculously slow, which seems to have stemmed from the crash on Wednesday. Why the hell it's back to taking 5 minutes to load up the main menu, I have no idea. If this doesn't improve, it makes me wonder how much longer we'll be able to do this league.

Seen, from now till wednesday, I'll be available for our fight any time other than between 4:40pm EST thru about 2AM EST.Thursday, I'll be free all day. Any specific time for you?

[quote name='moojuice']For the record, seen and I just tried getting our fight done. THe UFC servers are still messed up. The online portion is down completely.

For reference purposes, here is THQ's "official" server update thread:
http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/388505?p=ps&p=ps[/QUOTE]

That's pathetic. Though, according to the last few posts in that thread, as of 3:58 PM, the servers were back up and allegedly "flying". I'm guessing this just means it takes less than 3 minutes for the main menu to load up. But hey, who knows! We'll see how long before they're down again though.

Server status update: It's still down. I don't know what people were saying on the official boards, but it took me forever to load up the main menu, and then when I tried connecting to Xbox Live, it said the server was not available 3 times in a row. Either some people are lying about being able to get on (THQ loyalists maybe?), or the problem is ridiculously screwed up.

Either way, it's incredible that something like this happens 3 months after the game has been released (man...I can't believe it's only been 3 months. With all the problems, it feels like way longer). Who knows when it will be fixed, but it seems to be an almost certainty that we'll need to extend this week's card another week.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Server status update: It's still down. I don't know what people were saying on the official boards, but it took me forever to load up the main menu, and then when I tried connecting to Xbox Live, it said the server was not available 3 times in a row. Either some people are lying about being able to get on (THQ loyalists maybe?), or the problem is ridiculously screwed up.

Either way, it's incredible that something like this happens 3 months after the game has been released (man...I can't believe it's only been 3 months. With all the problems, it feels like way longer). Who knows when it will be fixed, but it seems to be an almost certainty that we'll need to extend this week's card another week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty sad that it takes me 10-15 minutes to get into a match only to be knocked out in the first 2 minutes.

[quote name='Bubba Thrust']So r we doing a EA MMA one? Im going to be on NHL till that comes out lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Are you trying to plan out your cheeseball moves that you'll abuse in EA MMA?

UFC servers were down, then CAG was down.... raghsdhhjsd.

Nate, can you play tonight after the Packers game? It starts at 8 Eastern. I'll be watching that on the computer as well as doing a fantasy football draft for Pure Apathy's league.

[quote name='Matt Young']UFC servers were down, then CAG was down.... raghsdhhjsd.

Nate, can you play tonight after the Packers game? It starts at 8 Eastern. I'll be watching that on the computer as well as doing a fantasy football draft for Pure Apathy's league.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's fine with me...but according to the UFC forums, the servers are still down. I haven't checked personally, but people have still been posting that they can't get on, and THQ has been reporting that they're still working on it. It blows my mind how something can break this severely this far into the game's life cycle, and they don't have a clue how to fix it. It's like they're reading "programming for dummies" as they go along.

At worst, I'd be up for some NHL tonight. I've been reading so much about 11 today, I'm hyped up and ready to go, haha.

Oh, well crap. I was coming back to say I could do the fights now instead, but I guess that's not going to be possible.

I'll check CAG/XBL after the Packers game. I'll play some NHL with you.

I hope THQ gets their servers working for 360 by next week. Apparently they took care of the ps3 server issues but didn't fix the xbox servers.

Simeon had this to say on Nate's fight "Nate I have alot of respect for you but I was not impressed by your preformance, and I look forward to beating you in the future. I will make my comback with a KO win over you. I have been the only man to beat you in your last 8 fights, I want my title back Nate!!!!!"

The Great Simeon wants his belt back.

Nate is just mad because I was the only one to beat him this year....... And I like it. And I never cheese n8 80% of my wins are Via standup KO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_n8jakvWU

idk i want to play UFC a couple more times N8. I honestly get off by beating you. Its such a thrill when you make excuses when I beat you. God I just want to make Nate Lisa to the Stanky Legg. XD

And the WW Belt is not good on Nate Lisa.

(NHL 11 reviews I read)

No one here cares about your sick fetishes.

I have no interest in fighting someone who cheeses the game. I couldn't have fought a smarter fight last time. I had you on your back for 90% of the fight, and the only thing you knew to do was spam garbage. If you had any skills at all, you would have thrown me off of you, gotten top position yourself and finished the fight (or even knock me out standing up).

Instead, you use "I can attempt submissions off my back whenever I feel like just by clicking this little stick", over and over again until eventually, the game's programming gives you one. If that's considered "skill" by the UOC or the majority of people that play this game online, then online gaming in general deserves less credit than even I give it.

I will be playing NHL 11 though, so if you want me to kick the shit out of you in that, I'd be more than happy to.

On to actual relevant conversation, the UFC servers appear to be up and working again. I've still gotten the "game session no longer available" message, but at least it doesn't take forever to connect anymore. So, CAGFC22 fights should definitely be finished by Thursday, 9/9 at 11:59 PM EST.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No one here cares about your sick fetishes.

I have no interest in fighting someone who cheeses the game. I couldn't have fought a smarter fight last time. I had you on your back for 90% of the fight, and the only thing you knew to do was spam garbage. If you had any skills at all, you would have thrown me off of you, gotten top position yourself and finished the fight (or even knock me out standing up).

Instead, you use "I can attempt submissions off my back whenever I feel like just by clicking this little stick", over and over again until eventually, the game's programming gives you one. If that's considered "skill" by the UOC or the majority of people that play this game online, then online gaming in general deserves less credit than even I give it.

I will be playing NHL 11 though, so if you want me to kick the shit out of you in that, I'd be more than happy to.[/QUOTE]

I might score and you will acuse me of glitching. Put up or shut up. I can KO you on the feet so I dont need submissions.

[quote name='Bubba Thrust']I might score and you will acuse me of glitching. Put up or shut up. I can KO you on the feet so I dont need submissions.[/QUOTE]

Well...that depends on if you actually glitch in NHL 10. Do you pull the puck behind you and whip it at the top corner? Or do you skate backward for a second to freeze the AI defensemen? I bet you do.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, let me know a time that's good for you. As usual, pretty much anything from 7 P.M. Eastern on should work.[/QUOTE]

^^^

bread's done
Back