CAGHL 2k7 - League Champion: Thatstoobad (Nashville Predators)

[quote name='repetske']Got a new player. sighlintbob is in as the Thrashers.[/QUOTE]
sweet. i also got a PM from OutRage, and he's into playing as well, so we shouldn't need anyone else as long as everyone signs in.

we've had 8 people sign in so far, so get to it.

In addition, if your name is listed here with a blank, please let me know what team you are going to choose (or already chose).

thatstoobad - nashville
ajh2298 - pittsburgh
sighlintbob - atlanta
flybrione -
repetske - buffalo sabres
monsta mack - carolina
stevemcq -
rscaramelo - calgary
cheapyd - philadelphia flyers
terribledeli - boston bruins
blookie -
msuhitman - st. louis blues
scp89 -
iceburgh - washington capitals
marcotte - toronto
OutRage -

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Come on people, sign in already. ;)

thatstoobad - maybe send a PM to the people that haven't signed up yet?[/QUOTE]
i'll do that, i just have to go through and figure out who hasn't signed up yet.

also, i just checked and i can make the number of teams and games smaller, so if we don't get enough people to sign in, it won't matter. i figure we can give them a few more days.

i'm also going to send a PM to a few other people from last years league who i forgot to notify about this one earlier.

Here's what I figured out about who's signed up and who hasn't. A few I don't know since they don't list their live names in their profile.

thatstoobad - yes
ajh2298 - yes
sighlintbob - don't know
flybrione - no
repetske - yes
monsta mack - yes
stevemcq - yes
rscaramelo - yes
cheapyd - yes
terribledeli - no
blookie - don't know
msuhitman - no
scp89 - yes
iceburgh - yes
marcotte - don't know
outrage - yes

I also had an idea for signature awards. I ran it past thatstoobad and he said it sounds like a good idea. I figure we can have one for the winner (obviously) and the runner-up. I'm not sure about others though. Maybe one for the best record too. Any ideas would be great.

Here's what I thought they could look like. I'm open for suggestions on any changes...

Champion.jpg

RunnerUp.jpg

That's awesome Outrage. I wish we had those for the first two seasons. Oh, and sighlintbob's XBL tag is Shadowcat, so he's already signed in.

there's twelve teams signed in now, so those who have not signed in yet will have until tuesday morning to sign in. at that point i'm going ahead with the league and generating the schedule.

i'll send a reminder out in the form of a PM out later today/this evening.

if there is room i'll be ottawa. i can sign up asap. if those who entered haven't already enetered.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I had your gamertag, I just must have overlooked your name on the list. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. Can't wait to get started.

so i was going to make the schedule today, but we have 13 teams signed in right now, and you can't have a league with an odd number of teams, so now i'm waiting for amicus to sign in. as soon as that happens, the schedule will be made.

So, 14 teams... how about 6 playoff teams?

Are we having divisions or conferences? If so, we can have two conferences, with 3 teams getting in from each conference. The top team in each could get a bye, while the other two play each other.

Also, if we get the schedule and stuff set up today, when's the draft?

Nice...so this is a draft league huh? Guess I better brush up on who these players are. Outside of the big names like Forsberg and Sakic, I know squat about these players.

we're not having a draft. it's taken us a month and a half to get 14 teams to sign into the league, i can't see us getting an entire draft done anytime soon. i think that would be really fun, but it's just not practical in this situation. plus, with only 14 teams, we'd end up with teams that have four strong lines, and then it takes a bit of strategy out of the game as to when (or if) you want to bring out those third and fourth lines. i hope that doesn't disappoint you too much, OutRage, but i never really said we were going to do a draft. hopefully you didn't pick your team based on that (not that you made a bad choice, since the ducks are pretty strong). there is trading, though, so feel free to go nuts with that.

there aren't going to be any divisions. there aren't really enough games to make it worthwhile. with only 18 games, everyone will play each other once, and a few people will play each other twice.

the playoffs are best 2 out of 3, and i think i like the top 8 teams making the playoffs. i do understand that means more than half of the teams will make the playoffs, but that also happens in the real NHL.

anyways, with amicus in, i'll make the schedule now. i'll make that in a seperate post, as to not confuse things.

Oh, I thought we were having a draft because I saw something about a live draft on the front page of the league site. It's not really a big deal to me and I didn't pick my team based on anything besides I like Ducks (and the Pens were taken). I'd prefer a fantasy draft since I love doing those, but I can understand that it would be hard for everyone to make it.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

LEAGUE SITE: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=65642
(track your stats, make trades and stuff)

here is the first week's schedule. please make sure to regulary check the league thread.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND YOUR OPPONENT A PM! if you are having problems communicating with the person you play against, or can't get a game time scheduled, please post in the thread or send me a PM about it. i think posting in the thread is better, since that gives the other person a chance to see it.

WEEK ONE:

PLAY BY DATE: 01/17 (you have THROUGH that day to play your game)

Ottawa Senators @ St. Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Atlanta Thrashers
Philadelphia Flyers @ Calgary Flames
Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Nashville Predators @ Chicago Blackhawks

Player List (XBL names are in parentheses):
Anaheim Ducks - Outrage (OuTrAgEpAjAmAs)
Atlanta Thrashers - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
Buffalo Sabres - repetske (Silencer)
Calgary Flames - rscaramelo (nerevfan)
Carolina Hurricanes - monsta mack (Jagr69)
Chicago Blackhawks - flybrione (BigMes)
Colorado Avalanche - stevemcq (SteveMcQ)
Columbus Blue Jackets - scp89 (PrineTime 360)
Nashville Predators - thatstoobad (AccordionWolf)
Ottawa Senators - amicus - (Amicus33)
Philadelphia Flyers - cheapyd (CheapyD)
Pittsburgh Penguins - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
St. Louis Blues - msuhitman (MSUHitman)
Washington Capitals - iceburgh (The IceBurgh)

if anyone wants any of the settings changed, let me know. everything is pretty much just default right now.

What do you think about changing the settings to Pro instead of All-Star? We might have some very low scoring games on All-Star (although, can't say I'm speaking from experience since I've only played the computer and my one friend before, so I could be wrong).

[quote name='OuTrAgE']What do you think about changing the settings to Pro instead of All-Star? We might have some very low scoring games on All-Star (although, can't say I'm speaking from experience since I've only played the computer and my one friend before, so I could be wrong).[/QUOTE]
let's give it a week or two and see how it goes. i think that if it's on pro we may have some really high scoring games, plus all-star will help keep repetske from using all those exploits he knows how to take advantage of.

[quote name='thatstoobad']let's give it a week or two and see how it goes. i think that if it's on pro we may have some really high scoring games, plus all-star will help keep repetske from using all those exploits he knows how to take advantage of.[/QUOTE]

Why do I get the feeling I'm in for a week one ass whooping ;-)

Hehe. I know I'm probably going to get my ass kicked in most of the games since I've never played online and the only human opponent I've played was my friend who's horrible. I'm just hoping to have some fun. :)

[quote name='IceBurgh']Why do I get the feeling I'm in for a week one ass whooping ;-)[/QUOTE]
i was just kidding about repetske using exploits. everyone in the league has always played fair. he is pretty decent, though.

my XBL tag is PrineTime 360 ... note that is a 'N' not a 'M'...

just to avoid probs could you fix your post...

Thanks

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Hehe. I know I'm probably going to get my ass kicked in most of the games since I've never played online and the only human opponent I've played was my friend who's horrible. I'm just hoping to have some fun. :)[/quote]

lol i've only played twice online. and lost both. i'm in the same boat.

but this should be fun.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']'Sup Monsta Mack...let's get our game in sometime.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully sometime this weekend I look foward to losing since I haven't played this game in several weeks (although I did log in to it a week ago just to check stats, which they reset anyways).

Haven't heard back from my opponent yet (sighlintbob). I sent him a PM Tuesday night (well Wednesday morning). Hopefully I'll hear from him soon.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i was just kidding about repetske using exploits. everyone in the league has always played fair. he is pretty decent, though.[/quote]

Sorry I was slow to defend my name. My office manager has blocked this site, so I have to remember to look at it when I get home from work now. I can post on here from home obviously, but the best way to reach me may be to email me at [email protected].

For anyone new to this league, thatstoobad has run two leagues and two tourneys I believe and the hockey community is much different from the football and basketball leagues. It's always been pretty drama-free. Well there was that one guy who said I would be stabbed on the street for the way I play hockey, but that was more funny than annoying. Too bad our reigning champ is off to college and can't defend his title.

Oh, and Ice Burg, I can play Saturday during the day, Sunday morning or night and probably Monday or Wedesday after 6:00 est. I could even play Tuesday, but I prefer not to.

hopefully everyone is waiting until the weekend to play, since no games have been completed yet. i guess i'm guilty of it too, but flybrione and i are scheduled for tuesday evening.

i guess i should mention that last year we had the problem of games being played, but not registering on the site. i'm hoping the 2k people had a chance to fix that problem, but in the event that they didn't and a game you played doesn't register on the league stie, just make a post here letting me know who won the game.

[quote name='repetske']For anyone new to this league, thatstoobad has run two leagues and two tourneys I believe and the hockey community is much different from the football and basketball leagues. It's always been pretty drama-free. Well there was that one guy who said I would be stabbed on the street for the way I play hockey, but that was more funny than annoying. Too bad our reigning champ is off to college and can't defend his title.[/QUOTE]
don't forget the one guy who called cheapyd a bitch, then got banned. that was kind of funny.

sighlintbob and I were just playing our game but I think my 360 froze or something... The lag was amazing bad too... is that normal?

[quote name='OuTrAgE']sighlintbob and I were just playing our game but I think my 360 froze or something... The lag was amazing bad too... is that normal?[/QUOTE]

yeah the lag was bad...i don't believe that is normal. Anyway we didn't get the game finished even though it registered as a win. OUtrage was ahead 3-2 in the 2nd period when he froze.

[quote name='sighlintbob']yeah the lag was bad...i don't believe that is normal. Anyway we didn't get the game finished even though it registered as a win. OUtrage was ahead 3-2 in the 2nd period when he froze.[/QUOTE]
i just reset the game for you guys. so if you get a chance to try again go for it.

if something like this happens, try sending me a PM. if i'm home, i'll be notified that i received an email, and hopefully i'll be able to reset the game while you guys are still able to play.

Just got done playing my first game against scp89(Blue Jackets), it was a 3-2 win for the Blue Jackets. The settings seem good, but the players seem to slide around a little too much, also the game speed seems a little too fast to me.

good game...settings were about right...I personally like a faster pace game, but I can see how others might not....

there's only a few days left to get your games in. only one game has been completed thus far, two if you count the game i reset for sighlintbob and outrage. my game will be played tomorrow evening, which means there are four games left that need to get played.

please try to get them in.

bread's done
Back