CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='DVO21']hey kaster how good of seats did u have in the game? and how many times did u say fuck im cold[/QUOTE]

Upper deck around the goal line. It was nice because you could see everything, like the moment John Fox decided to treat Peyton Manning like Blaine Gabbert.

At least 40, haha.

ive always liked higher seats more than the lower level becuz of the ability to see plays open up and stuff like that.

lol atleast 40 thats it i would be in the 1000s 36 degrees in Louisiana and i turn into a little bitch now im used to warm weather since being here

GG Jza it was really close going into half time I think the turnovers costed you. I thought it was going to be a close game through out the whole game. I noticed what you were trying to do on defensive and luckly made some plays. gg

[quote name='DVO21']ive always liked higher seats more than the lower level becuz of the ability to see plays open up and stuff like that.

lol atleast 40 thats it i would be in the 1000s 36 degrees in Louisiana and i turn into a little bitch now im used to warm weather since being here[/QUOTE]

I love that its in the middle of winter in Florida. Oh yeah. It's 83 today. Drives me crazy

[quote name='slofton']I love that its in the middle of winter in Florida. Oh yeah. It's 83 today. Drives me crazy[/QUOTE]

It was 71 yesterday and I am currently in WV :p

Edit: Saints\Panthers is going down at 4:30pm est today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game today (lions vs chiefs). Defensive battle all the way. Went down to the wire, a pair of defensive touchdowns and a pair of running touchdowns for each team. Ultimately decided in OT. Game easily could have went either way.

I hate being stuck with a bye week so early, I wish it was towards the end of the year but I'll take it :)

i'd put them in this order so far. and theres still one more game i hope its just as exciting
1.Ravens vs Broncos
2.Falcons vs Seahawks
3.49ers vs Packers

GG Superstar! These Panthers are an interesting squad. I feel like I should have one the game but my game plan was pretty conservative, especially since I didn't know what Smith would be like.

Anyway, my defense was pretty porous and Superstar has a heck of a WR core. I've never played so much zone in my life, going to have to get used to it though.

Looking forward to working with this team, they are much more capable than I thought.

[quote name='staticz']GG Superstar! These Panthers are an interesting squad. I feel like I should have one the game but my game plan was pretty conservative, especially since I didn't know what Smith would be like.

Anyway, my defense was pretty porous and Superstar has a heck of a WR core. I've never played so much zone in my life, going to have to get used to it though.

Looking forward to working with this team, they are much more capable than I thought.[/QUOTE]

GG man! I was scared of your offense the entire game. My game plan was to mix it up and try to milk the clock to keep your offense off the field but you didn't let that happen, haha. That's why I went for it on 4th down towards the end. I felt like if you got the ball back it would be all over.

Does anyone know if Steggy is still too busy for the league right now? I haven't PMed him since I've been in Colorado, but now that I'm back I figured I'd ask before sending a pm.

[quote name='KasterDB']Does anyone know if Steggy is still too busy for the league right now? I haven't PMed him since I've been in Colorado, but now that I'm back I figured I'd ask before sending a pm.[/QUOTE]

Probably just need to check with him. I'm assuming it's going to vary depending on how his work load is.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Dark Rider and I just had maybe the most ridiculous 4th quarter ever in a Madden game. Luckily for me, I was on the good end of it. Yeesh. He got Maddened hard.[/QUOTE]
Clearly fate hates the Broncos, real or not :cry:

I fumbled the ball four fucking times. If I had held on to it in just one of those, I would have been able to hold on to my lead.
Good game to you though. Four fumbles across three running backs just sucks.

He was up 20-10 with about 4 minutes left. He runs it, and the RB is crushed and loses the ball. Revis picks it up and runs it in for the TD to make it 20-17. Next Denver possession, he runs it again, the RB is crushed again, and Revis recovers again. I ended up throwing an INT. Denver runs it again, the RB is crushed again, and Revis recovers again. I ended up kicking a FG to tie it. Denver goes three and out, and Forte runs in a score to put me up for good 27-20. Just to add to his awesome day, Revis nabs the INT on the final drive to give the Bears the opportunity to kneel out the clock. Like I said, ridiculous.

TLDR: 3 straight fumbles lost by Denver, 3 Revis recoveries in the span of two minutes. Bears win. I think Major Wright forced all those fumbles.

GG, Dark Rider.

Texans - 34
Titans- 6

At reliant it was All Texans unfortunately for the Titans as the Big D in Texas held CJ to just 109yards and 144 total yards offense for the Titans. The texans had 3 big interceptions and one was run back for a ridiculous TD on a last play effort to end the 2nd quarter.

The number one Titans D did the run game to just 22 yards for a very frustrating day on the part of CJ SPILLER!

Texans:
E. Murphy - 12/22 269yds, 3td and one pick
A. Johnson - 5 rec for 130 and 2 TDS.
C. Barwin- 3 sacks
J. Joseph- 3 int
D. Manning- 1 ridiculous pick 6.

Titans-
J. Locker - 2/12 44 yards and 2 picks
M. Hasslebeck - 1/4 14 yards and 2 picks
CJ - 15 rushes 98 yards.

GG Nate. I started off the gas a little late in the 3rd and didn't want you to think I was more of a prick then you already think so I dove on the JOSEPH pick that would have been a TD.

I do have a question, in that instance I thought it was the right thing to do for our leagues sake and rules. I kicked the FG, is that still ok? It was a 45 yarder.

Texans - 34
Titans - 6

fuck this game. The next time DVO tells me I'm "ready for the other league" he can eat my dick sideways. Are we paying attention? This is what "clearly not unbeatable" means. I couldn't do shit in this game. I did get "Maddened" to an extent: holding call for no fucking reason (had one in the first game that desynced too), dropped passes by receivers (4 of them), and balls bouncing off my overpriced secondary's hands (4 of them). I doubled Andre Johnson most of the game (even though he had 93 MCV, 95 PRS Cortland Finnegan on him) and it still didn't matter.

And I really feel like passing to your TE is the new HB screen. It's just too damn easy and becomes pretty cheesy pretty quick. But you can't really tell people "don't do it" because it's obviously an important part of football. Taking out defensive assignments was such a horrible idea (I was going to call it the worst idea ever, but sadly, this is EA we're talking about). I'll be running dime coverage, and STILL have a fucking LB assigned to the TE. Yes, I can manually assign a DB to cover him, but there's only so much time before the snap. I felt like I was inputting the fucking Konami code over and over again before every play.

GG to doc. Not really sure what I would have done differently (maybe played WWE 13 instead? lol). His team just played better than mine. Blocking JJ Watt is one thing, but my 92 OVR RT couldn't stop his fucking LE from getting into the backfield. Just a horrible game from my team. Starting to worry about my defense.

Oh...and in summation, fuck this game in its rotted skull cavity.

[quote name='Docb9110']GG Nate. I started off the gas a little late in the 3rd and didn't want you to think I was more of a prick then you already think so I dove on the JOSEPH pick that would have been a TD.

I do have a question, in that instance I thought it was the right thing to do for our leagues sake and rules. I kicked the FG, is that still ok? It was a 45 yarder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the field goal was fine. I think there was over 2 minutes left in the game. As has been discussed, there's nothing else you can do there (other than just take a knee or punt...which is stupid). Even the INT, if you WANTED to run it in, you could have. That's one of those things though where if your opponent gets upset, you can't really blame him...but it's not your fault either. But mercy was shown, and I appreciated it. Like I said, just a shit effort from my team. I was more upset about Andre Johnson catching everything thrown his way with Finnegan and Babineaux on him most of the game.

[quote name='DVO21']hey now i said might u forgot a word thats not fair and u even said thank u before[/QUOTE]

I said thank you? lol. That doesn't sound like me at all. Whatever...this should just put that ridiculous theory to bed. I'm not even close to the level of some of these guys. For that matter, my decision to graduate both chetty and hemingway from this league couldn't have been more spot on. They're kicking the living shit out of most people in the other league. I hope it's pretty apparent that the idea of them playing here now is beyond laughable.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, the field goal was fine. I think there was over 2 minutes left in the game. As has been discussed, there's nothing else you can do there (other than just take a knee or punt...which is stupid). Even the INT, if you WANTED to run it in, you could have. That's one of those things though where if your opponent gets upset, you can't really blame him...but it's not your fault either. But mercy was shown, and I appreciated it. Like I said, just a shit effort from my team. I was more upset about Andre Johnson catching everything thrown his way with Finnegan and Babineaux on him most of the game.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. As far as Andre goes I seriously practice that stop route so much that I could call the play with my eyes closed and be dead on timed. Owen Daniels is one of the best TE Football behind a very select few in
My eyes. He has great hands and catching ability and I very often throw to him and have done it since I started playing in the league with madden 12.

Yea man I felt the dive was warranted especially with some of my mistakes with you and dark tower so it was definitely something I was glad to do.

I can't run at all and am giving up on it!
Having said that....CJ SPILLER ON THE BLOCK!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Bucs send

RB Doug Martin: 24 years old
86 OVR
87 SPD
95 ACC
83 ELU
84 CAR

contract:

3 years remaining, $3.2 M bonus

2013: $1.56 M
2014: $1.78 M
2015: $2.08 M

WR Vincent Jackson:

88 OVR
88 CTH
94 CIT
88 RTE
95 RLS
90 SPD
86 AWR

4 years remaining, $25 M bonus
2013: $9.31 M
2014: $10.61 M
2015: $12.29 M
2016: $14.47 M

Team cap space: $6.00 M

Ravens send

RB Ray Rice: 26 years old

96 OVR
91 SPD
97 ACC
93 ELU
95 CAR

2 years remaining, $7.66 M bonus

2013: $5.21 M
2014: $9.32 M

Ravens 2nd round pick

Ravens cap space: $13.87 M

I believe I now have the cap space to make this deal work. Reasoning for trade: I want to upgrade my RB, Ravens owner wants a more consistent option at WR and Martin will be a starting RB for him.[/QUOTE]

Trade Rejected

The committee felt the Ravens were giving up too much here. Rice is one of the best RBs in the game and in addition to being a bitch to tackle, he's still got the "Madden Numbers" (speed/acceleration) to just run away from you. Martin isn't terrible, but he's no Ray Rice. Factor in Jackson's very sizable contract, and having Baltimore send a 2nd as well just seems like too much. The idea of taking that pick out and just doing Martin/Jackson for Rice was raised. At the very least, the pick needs to be much lower.

[quote name='ballinhun8']Cowboys send -

WR Miles Austin 29
2013- $7.60M
I couldn't find his numbers for the rest of the contract through the game
Bonus- $7M
Toral- $49M
SPD 93, CTH 90, CIT 84, RTE 86, RLS 87, AWR 87
3rd Round Draft Pick

Patriots send -WR Michael Floyd 23
2013- $1.09M
2014- $1.4M
Total- $5M
SPD 90, CTH 85, CIT 88, RTE 80, RLS 89, AWR 57

MLB Brandon Spikes 26
2013- $1.94M
Bonus- $1M
Total- $5M

I hope I did the numbers right because this is way too hard and difficult to be making trades this way.

My reasonings are the same for when I originally submitted this deal. Get under the cap, get younger, and improve my middle defense.
PUR 86, TAK 89, SPD 74, PRC 89[/QUOTE]

Trade Rejected

Proposal missing a lot of info. If it's "way too hard and difficult to make trades this way", then don't bother. Believe it or not, it takes time and energy to review the trades too. If you're not including the info, then we have to look it up ourselves. If it's a deal you want, make the effort.

[quote name='GpNinja']Why do we post the trades in the forum why not pm the owners that it was rejected?[/QUOTE]

along time ago we were going to only post up accepted trades and not the rejected one but then only the committee would know who was trying to be moved and no one else then they could later move in on trades if they didnt work out so it was thought to make things fair that rejected ones should be posted as well

[quote name='GpNinja']Why do we post the trades in the forum why not pm the owners that it was rejected?[/QUOTE]

Because otherwise, the committee knows about players who are available for trade and the rest of the league doesn't (assuming every single team doesn't keep a very up to date trade block). It was discussed as being an unfair advantage.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Trade Rejected

The committee felt the Ravens were giving up too much here. Rice is one of the best RBs in the game and in addition to being a bitch to tackle, he's still got the "Madden Numbers" (speed/acceleration) to just run away from you. Martin isn't terrible, but he's no Ray Rice. Factor in Jackson's very sizable contract, and having Baltimore send a 2nd as well just seems like too much. The idea of taking that pick out and just doing Martin/Jackson for Rice was raised. At the very least, the pick needs to be much lower.[/QUOTE]

Wow Ravens giving up too much?

Rice is a the 5th rated RB in Madden, but he is giving up Doug Martin who is a good RB and Vincent Jackson who has to be in the top 10-15 or so for WRs. Wasn't Arian Foster (3rd top rated RB) traded for CJ Spiller and a 1st round pick? I think this trade is fair, and don't understand the logic based on previous trades the committee has approved. Also, Jackson is worth more then a 1st round pick, I'll at least agree that the pick from the Ravens needs to be lower but it really doesn't seem that off to me.

[quote name='Blade3D']Wow Ravens giving up too much?

Rice is a the 5th rated RB in Madden, but he is giving up Doug Martin who is a good RB and Vincent Jackson who has to be in the top 10-15 or so for WRs. Wasn't Arian Foster (3rd top rated RB) traded for CJ Spiller and a 1st round pick? I think this trade is fair, and don't understand the logic based on previous trades the committee has approved. Also, Jackson is worth more then a 1st round pick, I'll at least agree that the pick from the Ravens needs to be lower but it really doesn't seem that off to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm failing to see how your argument doesn't actually support the trade being rejected, lol. Wouldn't Spiller + a 1st rounder be similar to Martin + Jackson? (though, to be fair, Spiller's numbers probably aren't as good as they should be) So, if you view Foster and Rice on a similar level, then Baltimore additionally throwing in a 2nd rounder would be too much, no?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm failing to see how your argument doesn't actually support the trade being rejected, lol. Wouldn't Spiller + a 1st rounder be similar to Martin + Jackson? (though, to be fair, Spiller's numbers probably aren't as good as they should be) So, if you view Foster and Rice on a similar level, then Baltimore additionally throwing in a 2nd rounder would be too much, no?[/QUOTE]

No I am saying that Jackson is better then a 1st round pick. I am also saying that Foster is rated slightly higher than Rice. I mean I guess a 3rd round pick would be more preferable, but as I am seeing it wasn't that far off.

Proposal missing a lot of info. If it's "way too hard and difficult to make trades this way", then don't bother. Believe it or not, it takes time and energy to review the trades too. If you're not including the info, then we have to look it up ourselves. If it's a deal you want, make the effort.[/QUOTE]

I have to negotiate with Brandon Spikes now if I want to keep him, which will of course make his numbers even higher. As somebody mentioned earlier in the thread, this is why you don't see these deals in the NFL.

Proposal missing a lot of info. If it's "way too hard and difficult to make trades this way", then don't bother. Believe it or not, it takes time and energy to review the trades too. If you're not including the info, then we have to look it up ourselves. If it's a deal you want, make the effort.[/QUOTE]

Then don't have a committee then. Its not like the NFL has one so why would a video game league have one?? Its stupid to have one.

And I don't see the "a lot of info" missing here except Austin's contract. And if iiI can't find it through the game then where else am I supposed to find it? It only shows his 2010-2013 salary numbers.

Then don't have a committee then. Its not like the NFL has one so why would a video game league have one?? Its stupid to have one.And I don't see the "a lot of info" missing here except Austin's contract. And if iiI can't find it through the game then where else am I supposed to find it? It only shows his 2010-2013 salary numbers.
You seem to take issue with just about everything that doesn't go your way in this league. The committee has worked fine thus far and I'm assuming will continue to work.

[quote name='ballinhun8']Then don't have a committee then. Its not like the NFL has one so why would a video game league have one?? Its stupid to have one.

And I don't see the "a lot of info" missing here except Austin's contract. And if iiI can't find it through the game then where else am I supposed to find it? It only shows his 2010-2013 salary numbers.[/QUOTE]

Call the trade committee stupid...then openly admit that you don't know how to find remaining contract info. What an excellent post. I'm not even going to argue about the merits of the trade committee. But if you want to keep bad mouthing it, I've got a strike waiting for you. The trade wasn't even rejected for being unbalanced. It was rejected for a lack of competence in submitting the proposal.

The required info has changed a couple times in the past month or so, but that's all been documented in the thread and is reflected in the OP. Yes, it's "more work" for the team submitting the trade, but it's all necessary info to figure out if the trade is even possible. And like I said, if you don't include it, we have to look it up.

If you can't figure out the remaining portion of Austin's contract, then you don't need to be trading him. But if you've never been to the "salaries" tab in your team strategy in over a season of play, you've got bigger problems.

bread's done
Back