CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='jza1218']It can be accepted any time.

Doc, I'm going to send you that trade. You can accept through the website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, isn't it really weird (though typical of EA) that some things actually work better on the website (trades, being able to cut Ty Warren) even though the website is a complete piece of shit and doesn't allow really basic things (drafting, commish being able to alter rosters, putting people on autopilot)? It's like they just threw a bunch of random ideas together and published it as they went along.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Great, nice to have that already handled. Just disregard what I said in the PM (well, other than reading through the rules). I'll get your invite sent out sometime today. Welcome to the league![/QUOTE]

Thanks CLS

[quote name='slofton']Is the Falcons/Colts trade still good?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.

[quote name='njrockpd']I played my first game in the other league and Og whitewidow whooped me. I don't know if that gives you a better idea of my skill level?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, the guy who took the Chargers actually asked about a spot before you posted...and he's not in any league. So, it seemed only fair to let him have it. I'm sure another team will open up in the future though, and that'll give you time to see how you fare in the other league and gauge where your skill level is at.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thank you

Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.
I joined the other league (and got a terrible steelers team) and was given the option to adhere to a trade that had been put through and approved before I joined, or I could decline the trade and leave everything as is. I don't think that would be that bad of an idea for here as well.

[quote name='slofton']Awesome. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Um...just so you're aware, that last proposal you sent me on it, with the added TE, you had Dunta Robinson listed instead of Asante Samuel. I don't know if that was intentional, but I can almost promise you that wouldn't pass. The thought here is honoring the previous trade. If too many things are changing, it's just a new trade.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I joined the other league (and got a terrible steelers team) and was given the option to adhere to a trade that had been put through and approved before I joined, or I could decline the trade and leave everything as is. I don't think that would be that bad of an idea for here as well.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with this if it was just a deal that was made yesterday or something. But this was approved before the draft. And like I said before, the Colts made another deal at the same time that did get put through. Either way, it's going to be unfair to somebody. But to me, it makes more sense to be fair to the person who's been here longer. For all we know, neworlbush could even like the deal.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I joined the other league (and got a terrible steelers team) and was given the option to adhere to a trade that had been put through and approved before I joined, or I could decline the trade and leave everything as is. I don't think that would be that bad of an idea for here as well.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty though, this should have gone through almost a month ago. We shouldnt even be at this junction at this point in time.

I'd agree with this if it was just a deal that was made yesterday or something. But this was approved before the draft. And like I said before, the Colts made another deal at the same time that did get put through. Either way, it's going to be unfair to somebody. But to me, it makes more sense to be fair to the person who's been here longer. For all we know, neworlbush could even like the deal.
I see what you're saying. The situation was almost exact in the other league, the trade was approved 5 weeks before I joined, it wasn't a week before. Personally I don't care how its handled, just wanted to help out if I could.

[quote name='slofton']In all honesty though, this should have gone through almost a month ago. We shouldnt even be at this junction at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

And honestly, it would have been handled had EA not felt the need to remove features from their website that were there last year. Last year, the commissioner could go through rosters and just move players. It was a really nice option to have. But since we need someone to manually sign up for the team this year and put the trade through, it's a lot more involved.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I see what you're saying. The situation was almost exact in the other league, the trade was approved 5 weeks before I joined, it wasn't a week before. Personally I don't care how its handled, just wanted to help out if I could.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I guess I just disagree then, lol. Only because of slofton's seniority, like I said.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']And honestly, it would have been handled had EA not felt the need to remove features from their website that were there last year. Last year, the commissioner could go through rosters and just move players. It was a really nice option to have. But since we need someone to manually sign up for the team this year and put through the trade, it's a lot more involved.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds exactly like them

Dolphins/Raiders is going to happen sometime this weekend, but I'll be on later tonight probably if anyone wants to scrimmage.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Personally, I think it should be. It might be a bit unfair to neworlbush, but it would be unfair to you to not put it through...and you have seniority here. I'll discuss it with the committee and let you know.

Sorry, the guy who took the Chargers actually asked about a spot before you posted...and he's not in any league. So, it seemed only fair to let him have it. I'm sure another team will open up in the future though, and that'll give you time to see how you fare in the other league and gauge where your skill level is at.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope if another team opens up that you will consider me.

[quote name='Wpark83']Dolphins/Raiders is going to happen sometime this weekend, but I'll be on later tonight probably if anyone wants to scrimmage.[/QUOTE]

I'll scrimmage. XBL name is HARRYBODYSHOTS.

All right, we've finally got a ruling on the Falcons / Colts trade situation. I haven't heard from every committee member yet, but all four I've heard from have said the same thing: the trade should go through as initially proposed.

[quote name='slofton']Michael Turner OVR 96 Age 31 TOT: 30 mil
2013: 7.25 12 mil bonus

Asante Samuel OVR 84 Age 32 TOT: 12 mil 2013 4.00 2014 4.00

Falcons 3rd round pick

Colts send:
Reggie Wayne OVR 83 Age 34 TOT: 18mil 2013 5.91 2014 7.08

Vernon Davis OVR 90 Age 29 TOT: 24 Mil 2013 4.13 2014 5.37 2015 6.99[/QUOTE]

Everyone agreed that putting the 3rd round pick back in made the most sense so the trade would be in its original form. This will put the Colts down to only having one TE, but they should be able to sign one from free agency without any problem.

Hopefully, neworlbush isn't too upset about this. But no matter what decision was made, somebody was going to get screwed (though, it still hard to consider acquiring Turner and Samuel as really getting "screwed"). And favoring the owner who has been here longer felt like the right thing to do.

[quote name='Konfusion']Ravens trade block:

QB Joe Flacco 88 OVR - unlikely to be traded due to large cap penalty
RB Ray Rice 95 OVR
RT Michael Oher 84 OVR
DE Pernell McPhee 83 OVR
DE A.J. Gilbert 80 OVR - rookie speed rusher
DT Terrence Cody 85 OVR - great run stopper
All my draft picks are available - I don't have any extra picks, just 1-7

Send me a message if you are interested in any of these players. My main positions I am looking for are WR, TE, C, CB, OT, but I'm open to looking at your roster to see if there is anyone else I would be interested in.[/QUOTE]

All players and picks still available. Hoping to work out my trade with the Bucs involving Rice and my 2nd round pick, but if that doesn't work out, I will be looking for a similar trade.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Just lost 30-0 only allowing one offensive touchdown. I love Madden. :)[/QUOTE]

GG matt. it happens to us all.

AJ Green got hurt this game but will be back for next weeks game.
Nate Clements also got hurt old bastard is ok for 7 weeks :( not good

anyone looking to grab up alot of picks for a player let me know im looking for a CB now that my best one is out for a while

Good deal. Ill send the trade when I get off work around 8am est.

Excited for the Roddy White/Julio Jones/Reggie Watne/Vernon Davis show!

Now I just need to learn to pass the ball well lol :D

[quote name='DVO21']GG matt. it happens to us all.

AJ Green got hurt this game but will be back for next weeks game.
Nate Clements also got hurt old bastard is ok for 7 weeks :( not good[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just have to quit forcing the ball, but these bums I have at receiver didn't help that. I knew I was screwed though when I passed on 3rd and inches because I zoned out and didn't realize it wasn't first down, heh.

So how important is arm strength? Does it affect pass speed? Seems like some of Matt Eyans longer passes just seem to float or take forever. He's sitting at 90/89/88 acc with 89 throw power. If its to low, what's a good avg number? It's dang expensive to upgrade.

[quote name='KasterDB']Who's going to be at the ice cold Broncos game today? This guy![/QUOTE]

Have fun! Go Broncs! I'd love to see you guys knock off the Pats next week.

[quote name='Docb9110']Haha or the Texans in all fairness![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a bit unfair in my assumptions. But unless Houston can really bring a different offensive AND defensive look to NE, I don't see them beating NE. But hey, the Jets did it to them a few years back, so it can be done.

GG droppinloadz.

I don't mind losing in madden but nothing pisses me off more than when everything I can't control goes completely wrong. Every wide open pass is dropped by both garçon and moss, it's overthrown by RG3, or it's under thrown on a streak pattern that results in a pick. 5 sacks against RG3 which resulted in 2 lost fumbles deep in my territory. I mean for Christ's sake I only completed 5 of 22 passes. I get a good run at the end of the half and RG3 is going to take it the distance and its called back for holding yet not one holding call all game for the other team who ran the ball 33 times. I feel like the winner of the game is decided before it even starts half the time. Last week my team looked Super Bowl worthy and this week they looked like a high school team. Man it's just so damn frustrating when you have to play against your opponent and against the game at the same time.

Nothing against my opponent. He played a great game.

GG joelypoley

Man i felt bad... you definitely got robbed of at least 3 TD's. You had my corners beat on like 3 separate occasions and your receiver just flat out dropped the pass. Those would have been easy TD's since I had nobody back there. I definitely lucked out on a bunch of plays..that holding call was huge too.

Cards beat the Bucs 17-14:

Really tight game on both sides. I couldnt get my offense going and that was the difference, Freeman's INTs finally started showing up this season as he threw 3 ugly ones.

Bucs:

Josh Freeman 8/24 181 yds 1 TD 3 INT
Doug Matrin 10 att 47 yds
Vincent Jackson 2 rec 88 yds 1 TD
Eric Decker 2 rec 40 yds in his Bucs debut
Bart Scott 4 tak 1 INT for TD

Cards:

Kody Meyer 12/19 159 yds 1 TD 2 INT
Beanie Wells 18 att 90 yds
Patrick Peterson 4 tak 1 INT

gg billy!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Cards beat the Bucs 17-14:

Really tight game on both sides. I couldnt get my offense going and that was the difference, Freeman's INTs finally started showing up this season as he threw 3 ugly ones.

Bucs:

Josh Freeman 8/24 181 yds 1 TD 3 INT
Doug Matrin 10 att 47 yds
Vincent Jackson 2 rec 88 yds 1 TD
Eric Decker 2 rec 40 yds in his Bucs debut
Bart Scott 4 tak 1 INT for TD

Cards:

Kody Meyer 12/19 159 yds 1 TD 2 INT
Beanie Wells 18 att 90 yds
Patrick Peterson 4 tak 1 INT

gg billy![/QUOTE]
ditto.

[quote name='KasterDB']Who's going to be at the ice cold Broncos game today? This guy![/QUOTE]

u couldnt be sitting at a better game right now u lucky bastard i know u arent happy right now that jacoby jones just scored that touchdown but im sure its exciting to be there and to be on the edge of your seat.

If denver wins I don't think that after this defensive performance the'll be able to defend the patriots or texans.

Edit: Dang glad Ravens won I want too see Lewis win another ring. Even though I'd like too see the Texans win a Superbowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard anything back from staticz for Panthers\Saints. I proposed a time for tonight yesterday but he said it's too late so I asked for an eariler time for today and haven't heard a response.

There's still plenty of time - just updating on the status of our game. I am not sure how many games are to go :p

fuck the motherfucking Ravens god fucking damn it. I mean, yeah, it was a great game, and yeah, the Broncos secondary made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana, but for the love of god I just want to hit something.

[quote name='KasterDB']fuck the motherfucking Ravens god fucking damn it[/QUOTE]

tebow could have done it lol ;) wonder what kind of spin the media is going to put on this story. tebow won a playoff game last year they get rid of him and peyton is 1 and done did elway mess up?

we all know its coming sooner or later

It obviously wasn't Manning's fault completely. The interception in overtime was a boneheaded move, but the damage was done before that. Anyone that blames anything other than the Broncos secondary is either an idiot or just hates Manning.

I'd like to take this moment to profess my love for Trindon Holliday and my white hot intense fury at the Bronco's secondary (especially the safeties who clearly do not understand what a prevent defense is).

ya i would agree with that as well. i really thought at the end of the 4th they would have tried and go for it with 2 timeouts and 26 seconds. i thought that was a weird call by the coach but i guess a safe one as well. manning did well he didnt get alot of time it seemed in the pocket. hillman impressed me i was waiting for him to fumble but he held on to that ball everytime.

Oh and I don't ordinarily feel this way but the refs majorly screwed us. There were at least two horrible PI calls, plus some sketchy holding penalties and that Boldin catch that he was bobbling that they didn't overturn.

bread's done
Back