CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='Docb9110']I just wanted to do right by Rider is all. He says I can have him and I will check this evening when I leave the office to see if I did indeed get screwed. I could swear I took control of him on the DLINE last night a few times though.

And Ninja, I just realized man, what part of Texas are you in? Always good to see fellow Texans on CAG!!! ....Aside from Blade who Ive known for like 15 years now! LOL

EDIT: On that note, blade and I are hanging out tonite and he has played online with 4-5 people on the same team....Anyone want to try some COOP Madden?[/QUOTE]

If you did that's awesome! Hopefully it works out for you!

I might be down for some coop madden. It depends on how the evening is going.

[quote name='Wpark83']I'd actually be down for this, too. What time were you guys thinking of playing?[/QUOTE]

If we did it Im sure it would be around 6-630CST.
Also, it would probably help if we all had Mics as well.

Dolphins 17 - Chiefs 14

A really terrific defensive battle last night between myself and Cool_iAM. Game started off with a whole lot of punting before each team was able to score before the half, tied 7-7. Jamaal Charles had a steady game racking up 119 yard on 14 carries. Luckily his longest was only 31 yards, but he had a few big runs for first down when the Chiefs needed it most.

After matching fumbles, the Chiefs had the ball close to the goal line trying to take the lead when a pass to the outside of the end zone got picked off. I was able to get a field goal to take a 10-7 lead with about 1:30 left, and was able to get KC to use 2 of 3 time outs. On the 1st or 2nd play of the Chiefs drive, I got a pick six to go up 10. KC made a fantastic drive to score a touchdown, but without time outs only had 3 seconds left when he attempted an onside kick, which didn't make the 10 yards and a kneel sealed the win.

Great game man, tough to stop your running attack.

[quote name='Wpark83']Dolphins 17 - Chiefs 14

A really terrific defensive battle last night between myself and Cool_iAM. Game started off with a whole lot of punting before each team was able to score before the half, tied 7-7. Jamaal Charles had a steady game racking up 119 yard on 14 carries. Luckily his longest was only 31 yards, but he had a few big runs for first down when the Chiefs needed it most.

After matching fumbles, the Chiefs had the ball close to the goal line trying to take the lead when a pass to the outside of the end zone got picked off. I was able to get a field goal to take a 10-7 lead with about 1:30 left, and was able to get KC to use 2 of 3 time outs. On the 1st or 2nd play of the Chiefs drive, I got a pick six to go up 10. KC made a fantastic drive to score a touchdown, but without time outs only had 3 seconds left when he attempted an onside kick, which didn't make the 10 yards and a kneel sealed the win.

Great game man, tough to stop your running attack.[/QUOTE]

Same to u too gg gotta get better with using what the game gives me..smh back to the drawing board

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Same to u too gg gotta get better with using what the game gives me..smh back to the drawing board[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I got lucky to win that game. Without those 2 INT's, you win.

I am currently so pissed with madden at the moment I can't even think straight in my 5th year of the Bengals franchise and my cap space is now -1.3 BILLION. So I can't resign any players or get free agents. How does this even get through testing?'

Titans - 28
Jaguars - 21

Really, really close game here that could have easily gone either way. I don't know what it is, but since I took the time to upgrade my secondary, I feel like teams are having MORE success throwing on me. Gabbert looked very sharp early in this one, and the Jags defense was tough, getting to Locker with ease. As a result, Jacksonville took a 13-7 lead into the half. A half that saw Chris Johnson only get like 4 carries.

Noticing this abomination, Tennessee finally decided to commit to running the ball more, and thankfully, CJ started to carry the team. The Titans pulled ahead 21-13 in the 4th quarter. But the Jags would not go quietly, scoring a TD of their own, and getting the two point conversion to tie the game at 21. The Titans got the ball back with 4 minutes left, and started on what they intended to be the last possession of the game. Things went according to plan as CJ marched the team downfield, culminating with a 5 yard TD run with 0:57 left in the game (in what I suspect was a "let them score to get the ball back" move).

It almost worked for Jacksonville, as they brilliantly moved the ball downfield, using timeouts and getting out of bounds when they needed to. They got all the way to the Tennessee 22 yard line until a sack (the first of the day for the Titans' defense) forced the clock to run out. Great game to DarkTower. He came ready to play, and had a few bounces gone differently, he would have easily won the game. The stats show a game that was split right down the middle.

Titans
Jake Locker - 4-8, 208 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Chris Johnson - 20 att, 178 yds, 2 TDs
Kendall Wright - 2 rec, 103 yds, 2 TDs
Kendrum Russ - 1 rec, 56 yds
Jared Cook Jr - 1 rec, 48 yds, 1 TD

Jaguars
Blaine Gabbert - 16-26, 249 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs
Maurice Jones-Drew - 12 att, 54 yds, 1 TD, 4 rec, 15 yds
Mercedes Lewis - 5 rec, 69 yds
Mike Thomas - 4 rec, 55 yds
Laurent Robinson - 2 rec, 96 yds, 1 TD
Kendall Whitfield - 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

Giants prove victorious over the Patriots, 31-7. Looked like business as usual when the Pats returned an interception for a touchdown on the opening drive, but the Giants countered with a kickoff return for a TD by Eric Weems and Kenny Phillips picked up a pick 6 of his own. Giants D comes manages to shut down the Pats offense. GG AllenScribe!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Bucs send

RB Doug Martin: 24 years old
86 OVR
87 SPD
95 ACC
83 ELU
84 CAR

contract:

3 years remaining, $3.2 M bonus

2013: $1.56 M
2014: $1.78 M
2015: $2.08 M

WR Vincent Jackson:

88 OVR
88 CTH
94 CIT
88 RTE
95 RLS
90 SPD
86 AWR

4 years remaining, $25 M bonus
2013: $9.31 M
2014: $10.61 M
2015: $12.29 M
2016: $14.47 M

Team cap space: $6.00 M

Ravens send

RB Ray Rice: 26 years old

96 OVR
91 SPD
97 ACC
93 ELU
95 CAR

2 years remaining, $7.66 M bonus

2013: $5.21 M
2014: $9.32 M

Ravens 3rd round pick

Ravens cap space: $13.87 M

I believe I now have the cap space to make this deal work. Reasoning for trade: I want to upgrade my RB, Ravens owner wants a more consistent option at WR and Martin will be a starting RB for him.[/QUOTE]

Trade Approved

Just a heads up for anyone who does CCM offline. There's a glitch that will ruin your cap space for an entire year. You'll go to 1.3 billion above the cap and wont be able to sign anyone. It seems EA has known about this since November and only fixed it on the online CCM. So if you plan to play CCM, do it online ONLY.

[quote name='slofton']Just a heads up for anyone who does CCM offline. There's a glitch that will ruin your cap space for an entire year. You'll go to 1.3 billion above the cap and wont be able to sign anyone. It seems EA has known about this since November and only fixed it on the online CCM. So if you plan to play CCM, do it online ONLY.[/QUOTE]

I purchased this game the day it came out and I've done both from day 1 without any issues.

I sent a pm to Nate I assume (CAGLeagueSports)....going to post here too. I don't have an invite via Madden yet. Me and the Bills are trying to schedule our game. Thanks in advance

[quote name='Wpark83']Any update on the Giants/Dolphins trade?[/QUOTE]

It just got forwarded last night. I've received 2 responses thus far.

[quote name='pdm76']I sent a pm to Nate I assume (CAGLeagueSports)....going to post here too. I don't have an invite via Madden yet. Me and the Bills are trying to schedule our game. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've been out of the loop with Madden a bit the past couple days. When I played my league game yesterday, I just forgot. I'll get it sent within the hour (and as always...I will not get over how much easier things would be if you could send invites (or even accept join requests) from the website.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']It just got forwarded last night. I've received 2 responses thus far.

Oh sorry man, I thought it was sent on Tuesday.

Is shotgunshine the new chargesr owner or you haven't booted him yet? Me and pdm were gonna play now but I guess the invite wasn't sent or shotgun wasn't dropped yet but I have class in an hour so I can't play anymore I think we'll shoot again for tonight.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']
Sorry, I've been out of the loop with Madden a bit the past couple days. When I played my league game yesterday, I just forgot. I'll get it sent within the hour (and as always...I will not get over how much easier things would be if you could send invites (or even accept join requests) from the website.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks....yes sending/accepting invites via site would be a +

[quote name='GpNinja']Is shotgunshine the new chargesr owner or you haven't booted him yet? Me and pdm were gonna play now but I guess the invite wasn't sent or shotgun wasn't dropped yet but I have class in an hour so I can't play anymore I think we'll shoot again for tonight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pdm76']alright thanks....yes sending/accepting invites via site would be a +[/QUOTE]

I'm sending the invite as we speak.

[quote name='jza1218']Giants send

RT David Diehl 32 years old,

1 year remaining

2013: 4.49 Million
Cap hit: 1 million

Overall 84
Pass Block 78
Run Block 82
Impact Blocking 76
strength 88
Awareness 92
Injury 99

Cap space: 10.76 million

Dolphins send

WR Brian Hartline Age 26

Cap hit: 440 k
2013: 750 K
2014: 950K

Overall
Catching
Catch in Traffic
Spectacular Catch
Route Running
Release
Jumping
Speed

Cap space: 5.45 million[/QUOTE]

Trade Approved

It was time to negotiate with Jay Cutler. He wanted over 15m per, and I offered 7m. Now Adam Schefter is tweeting that Cutler is fielding other offers. Good luck with that, you piece of shit.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It was time to negotiate with Jay Cutler. He wanted over 15m per, and I offered 7m. Now Adam Schefter is tweeting that Cutler is fielding other offers. Good luck with that, you piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Sources say the Cowboys are interested. :lol:

Anyone heard from ballinhun8? Sent him a message on Tuesday about our game but never heard back. Just sent him another one so hopefully I hear back tonight.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It was time to negotiate with Jay Cutler. He wanted over 15m per, and I offered 7m. Now Adam Schefter is tweeting that Cutler is fielding other offers. Good luck with that, you piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

I guess we know who will be going after a starting QB in free agency or a QB in the first round.

[quote name='Blade3D']I guess we know who will be going after a starting QB in free agency or a QB in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not if this trade I'm working on shakes out.

Updating the Bucs trade block:

CB Aqib Talib
RE Adrian Clayborn 82 OVR
RE Dillard Williams 80 OVR (my rookie 2nd rounder)
1st round pick
2 3rd round picks

Looking mostly for a WR or CB. Talib is only available for a comparable WR. Open to offers on other players, just check out my roster.

[quote name='Dark Rider']The comedy continues as Ty Warren joins the Colts.[/QUOTE]

That's even funnier considering he's in the other league and has been exposed to the issue twice.

Games left:

Falcons vs Panthers
Bills vs Chargers (new Chargers owner still getting set up I think)
Browns vs Steelers
Rams vs Eagles
Cowboys vs Redskins

It shows green on the season game assuming pdm is online yet I go too the gamercard and it says online for 2 hours. How can that be? lol

So is there anything I can do to help keep my players that won't negotiate with me? I see a few of them already won't before I joined the league and I don't want to lose them. How do we do the offseason free agency here? Do online leagues have the timer like offline?

Also, if anyone is still interested in Brady I'm listening to offers.

Good game Steelers. I had some luck at the end that I thought was going to help me pull off a miracle, but things didn't work out. I'm still pretty bad, but I seem to be getting better each week and starting to remember how to play the game again.

You get a chance to resign them at the end of the season. Bowe and Tuck haven't come up for me yet. Watch out for the Justin Duo!!!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']So is there anything I can do to help keep my players that won't negotiate with me? I see a few of them already won't before I joined the league and I don't want to lose them. How do we do the offseason free agency here? Do online leagues have the timer like offline?

Also, if anyone is still interested in Brady I'm listening to offers.

Good game Steelers. I had some luck at the end that I thought was going to help me pull off a miracle, but things didn't work out. I'm still pretty bad, but I seem to be getting better each week and starting to remember how to play the game again.[/QUOTE]

If they say "unavailable", then your only option would be to franchise tag one of them, as they stay unavailable in the offseason. Although last year we set the first week aside for exclusive resigning, so we'll see. They did away with the timer in M13, it's weeks in the offseason; we have three (or two, depends) rounds of free agency where a team makes an offer.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Games left:

Falcons vs Panthers
Bills vs Chargers (new Chargers owner still getting set up I think)
Browns vs Steelers
Rams vs Eagles
Cowboys vs Redskins[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, I was so geared up for the playoffs I forgot to PM the Falcons owner. Granted he didn't send me one either, regardless I just sent him a PM. I should be able to play pretty much anytime tomorrow after 9cst. Sorry fellas

bengals are looking to move there two 2nd round picks to move up into the first round any one interested in this PM me with ur offer

bread's done
Back