CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='FrankySox']Thanks, here's my full info for the OP

My info - Frankysox - Gamertag: FrankySox
Availability - Mon after 11pm est Tuesday-Friday after 8pm est. Saturday/Sunday OPEN

I'd be more than happy to take the Packers...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dark Rider']FYI: The Packers don't have Rogers, he was traded to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson and picks.[/QUOTE]

Also, no Greg Jennings.

[quote name='Dark Rider']FYI: The Packers don't have Rogers, he was traded to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson and picks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Also, no Greg Jennings.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They also did have Reggie Bush, but he was waived and is currently tearing it up for me. (He was acquired in the Jennings trade.)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Yep. They also did have Reggie Bush, but he was waived and is currently tearing it up for me. (He was acquired in the Jennings trade.)[/QUOTE]

He wasn't waived. He just wasn't re-signed when his contract expired.

While the difference isn't enough to raise a big issue over, the committee was confused why the Steelers would want to do this trade. Knox seems to be the better receiver in every way despite the lower overall. The only reason we could come up with for why his overall is lower was maybe his injury or carry rating...or just the difference in schemes. But whatever.
Reading through that I didn't know wtf the steelers were thinking. Johnny Knox is so much better in every single way especially with his CIT being so high, along with his RTE being higher as well as speed. Good job talking him into that one TB.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Seriously? Don't let this be a "You didn't message me." "Well, you didn't message me!" thing. That's incredibly stupid on both sides. Furthermore, communication by phone is not expected in this league. I know I'm not giving my phone number to anybody. Communication by CAG PM has and always will be the standard.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that I have made my attempts, I just didn't want it to come across like I wasn't making an effort. I can play tonight. Also, I don't think it's necessary to call any of this stupid. I was just explaining my side of the story, and wasn't trying to start anything. I never said he had to communicate with me by phone, I just gave him the opportunity.

What is it the CIT rating for? I've always assumed it gave the receiver a higher chance of catching it on a jump ball or a closely-guarded slant or crossing route. I've also seen people say that it helps a receiver hold onto the ball when he's hit while making a catch, but I thought this was based on the catch rating.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Games left:

Chargers vs Chiefs (Chiefs trying to contact chargers owner)
Lions vs Falcons (waiting for Falcons to PM)
Packers vs Raiders (?)
49ers vs Eagles (Blade playing the CPU I think)[/QUOTE]

Hoping we'll get this game in today. Chargers vs. Chiefs......Had a crazy last few days. Apologies....Also, it was the SO playing the times I appeared online.

What is it the CIT rating for? I've always assumed it gave the receiver a higher chance of catching it on a jump ball or a closely-guarded slant or crossing route. I've also seen people say that it helps a receiver hold onto the ball when he's hit while making a catch, but I thought this was based on the catch rating.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']What is it the CIT rating for? I've always assumed it gave the receiver a higher chance of catching it on a jump ball or a closely-guarded slant or crossing route. I've also seen people say that it helps a receiver hold onto the ball when he's hit while making a catch, but I thought this was based on the catch rating.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it came into play when it wasn't an open catch and someone was on them kinda like you mentioned. I've tried to get players with high CIT cause I make a lot of short throws.

Since I was there with my dad when he wanted to do the trade, he had been having issues with Knox's fumbling tendencies and proneness to injury.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Reading through that I didn't know wtf the steelers were thinking. Johnny Knox is so much better in every single way especially with his CIT being so high, along with his RTE being higher as well as speed. Good job talking him into that one TB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was actually offered to me as is. I think Knox's injury history may be part of it. Hopefully he can stay healthy for me!

Since I was there with my dad when he wanted to do the trade, he had been having issues with Knox's fumbling tendencies and proneness to injury.
Ya I can see that being a problem. The trade isn't crazy skewed, just TB got the better end on paper imho.

Still waiting for a reply from Steggy, sent another pm now.

Darius Heyward-Bey and Denarius Moore are both up for trade, but only sending one or the other. Speedy receivers, I think Heyward-bey is a 97 speed, Moore 93 or 94.

[quote name='scrub0bk']We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']If the Eagles could be set to auto if they hadn't already that would be great.[/QUOTE]
What happened with this?

[quote name='scrub0bk']We (eagles 9ers) tried playing saturday but his conenction kept dropping. i didnt hear anything back from him until late last night, for playing last night, im trying to see if he can play tonight[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']Well you never messaged me yesterday at all, so don't act like it was all my fault or something. You were also the one you said you couldn't play till that night sometime. Furthermore, I gave you my phone number to make it easier to communicate, so please feel free to text me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']I'm just saying that I have made my attempts, I just didn't want it to come across like I wasn't making an effort. I can play tonight. Also, I don't think it's necessary to call any of this stupid. I was just explaining my side of the story, and wasn't trying to start anything. I never said he had to communicate with me by phone, I just gave him the opportunity.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade3D']If the Eagles could be set to auto if they hadn't already that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why you should be allowed to play the CPU. He said you didn't message him until late last night about playing right then. He acknowledges that he didn't message you, but is now trying to set it up for tonight...which you've already stated that you could do.

With proper communication, there's no reason this game can't still be played. I wouldn't allow anybody to play the CPU based on one message that basically equates to "Hey, can you play now?" The Giants and Cowboys had a similar situation recently, and the game was simmed. I'm not seeing one person drastically more at fault than the other here.

As for calling "any of this stupid", the only thing I referred to as being stupid was an argument consisting of "You didn't message me.", "Well, you didn't message me!" What does that accomplish? And my point about giving him your phone number is just that it's irrelevant. Yes, it's an additional option for people who don't mind handing out their number and receiving texts (and possibly drunk dials) at all hours. But it's not going to be considered in support of your case.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why you should be allowed to play the CPU. He said you didn't message him until late last night about playing right then. He acknowledges that he didn't message you, but is now trying to set it up for tonight...which you've already stated that you could do.

With proper communication, there's no reason this game can't still be played. I wouldn't allow anybody to play the CPU based on one message that basically equates to "Hey, can you play now?" The Giants and Cowboys had a similar situation recently, and the game was simmed. I'm not seeing one person drastically more at fault than the other here.

As for calling "any of this stupid", the only thing I referred to as being stupid was anyone engaging in an argument of "You didn't message me.", "Well, you didn't message me!" What does that accomplish? And my point about the phone number is just that it's irrelevant. Yes, it's an additional option for people who don't mind handing out their phone number and receiving texts (and possibly drunk dials) at all hours. But it's not going to be considered in support of your case.[/QUOTE]

He messaged me saying he wouldn't be able to play tonight.

[quote name='Blade3D']He messaged me saying he wouldn't be able to play tonight.[/QUOTE]

Ok, yeah. That's relevant info then, lol. People gotta stop withholding in this league. You can definitely play the CPU then. I'll put him on autopilot within the next couple hours.

Anyone have any tips for managing all the new aspects of the online franchise? I've played franchises before, but I guess maybe I haven't had to worry about it as much playing the CPU.

I've seen people talking about cutting and resigning players and I'm not entirely sure if that is or isn't allowed around here, but in general are there any tips or info to keep players, have a good draft, manage the cap, use practice effectively, or whatever else anyone might recommend?

As of now I'm feeling like I'm getting back into managing the game well enough, but I'm a little lost in the stuff outside of things on the field.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Anyone have any tips for managing all the new aspects of the online franchise? I've played franchises before, but I guess maybe I haven't had to worry about it as much playing the CPU.

I've seen people talking about cutting and resigning players and I'm not entirely sure if that is or isn't allowed around here, but in general are there any tips or info to keep players, have a good draft, manage the cap, use practice effectively, or whatever else anyone might recommend?

As of now I'm feeling like I'm getting back into managing the game well enough, but I'm a little lost in the stuff outside of things on the field.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you go look at your Salaries section under "Strategy", you can view your players that only have 1 year remaining on their deal. These are the guys who will be free agents after this season.

You can also look at your salary cap space to see how much money you've got unallocated (in addition to the players coming off the books), so you'll have a rough idea of how much you'll have to spend. Then, it's just a matter of deciding who's worth keeping, and who you want to let walk. Not a whole lot people can advise you on there. Some players are worth the money and some aren't. It's going to be subjective.

As for team practice, it's no secret that "Easy Win" is the most efficient one to do. As its name implies, it's very easy to do, and you get 1800 XP for your coach for it. The hardest practice option only gives you 2000 XP, and it's WAY harder (holding a 6-3 lead in 2nd quarter vs. coming back from 35-3 in the 3rd quarter). These were terrible choices by EA, as there's really no incentive to do anything other than "Easy Win".

Cutting and re-signing players is just a means of saving money, but it definitely shouldn't be exploited. The only saving grace is that you'd only be allowed to re-sign those guys to a one year deal. But the bad part is that there's no type of waivers or anything to allow other teams a crack at them. You're basically just killing long term deals to free up money at the risk of not being able to re-sign that guy long-term. But since the deals in Madden are all backloaded, this can quickly become a nefarious practice. Anyone doing it excessively and using it as a means for circumventing the cap will be handled appropriately.

Still no word from Steggy. I can play till about midnight est tonight, so I guess I'll give him by 11 pm to respond.

Nate, when you set the eagles to auto later put the packers on as well, just in case. Thanks. Though from reading the thread these past weeks he may already be on auto.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Still no word from Steggy. I can play till about midnight est tonight, so I guess I'll give him by 11 pm to respond.

Nate, when you set the eagles to auto later put the packers on as well, just in case. Thanks. Though from reading the thread these past weeks he may already be on auto.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he should be on auto already. Feel free to play this game whenever you want. I actually just PM'd him today to find out if his schedule is going to allow him to return any time soon. Otherwise, it might be time for him to step aside for our guys on the waiting list.

I was also informed that the new Chargers owner (pdm79) is going to have to drop. Something about 3 people at his job getting fired and him not having time anymore. Odd timing that this happened within a week of him joining, but I guess stuff comes up.

All right, we're replacing two teams right now, so expect things to be a bit jumbled. Steggy acknowledged that he just doesn't have time for the league anymore and agreed that giving up the Packers was probably the best thing. Hopefully if his schedule calms down and we have another opening down the road, he can rejoin us. I contacted FrankySox about taking either the Packers or Chargers. Not sure if Flyersfan has played the CPU yet, but if not, and Franky takes the Packers, maybe there's a slim chance they could get the game in tonight. If not, no big deal.

I'll be going down the waiting list for the other opening soon.

If anyone wants to scrim the next couple of nights, I have a bye week. I'll probably be on later tonight around 1030.

Haven't played yet. Watching the Flyers ;)

I'll be on after the game though to play, sometime around 1030 est If whoever takes over can play then. Otherwise I'll play the CPU.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Haven't played yet. Watching the Flyers ;)

I'll be on after the game though to play, sometime around 1030 est If whoever takes over can play then. Otherwise I'll play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. If my memory serves, I THINK Franky is a Packers fan. So, if I had to guess, he'll probably still take them even without Rodgers/Jennings. Of course, that still wouldn't mean he'd be available tonight. But who knows. Maybe things will fall into place. He's got an invite either way. :)

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']

I was also informed that the new Chargers owner (pdm79) is going to have to drop. Something about 3 people at his job getting fired and him not having time anymore. Odd timing that this happened within a week of him joining, but I guess stuff comes up.[/QUOTE]

We lost 1 person before I joined but that had no effect on my schedule. Over this past weekend two people were fired...so being down 3 people in our department, my schedule will be a mess. We only have 8 people to begin with...now 5....I don't want to hinder other owner's games versus me. I'm doing this out of respect for the league. Knowing how they take forever to hire new employees, this is not going to be a 1-2 week thing but a month if not more.

[quote name='pdm76']We lost 1 person before I joined but that had no effect on my schedule. Over this past weekend two people were fired...so being down 3 people in our department, my schedule will be a mess. We only have 8 people to begin with...now 5....I don't want to hinder other owner's games versus me. I'm doing this out of respect for the league. Knowing how they take forever to hire new employees, this is not going to be a 1-2 week thing but a month if not more.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Haven't played yet. Watching the Flyers ;)

I'll be on after the game though to play, sometime around 1030 est If whoever takes over can play then. Otherwise I'll play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Hey man let me accept the league invite and get things setup. I don't see a problem with 1030est though!

Looking forward to playing in the league!

Just sim my game, I can't even play 1/2 a game without getting disconnected. Ill have to find out what's up cause shit like Netflix and what not runs fine.

[quote name='Blade3D']Just sim my game, I can't even play 1/2 a game without getting disconnected. Ill have to find out what's up cause shit like Netflix and what not runs fine.[/QUOTE]

i have the same problem playing cpu games with online leagues i think its the EA sever

[quote name='perdition(troy']wow that blows pdm good luck man.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's one of those jobs where it happens quite a bit.

[quote name='Blade3D']Sorry to hear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Blade....hoping a miracle happens and they hire people...FAST.

[quote name='pdm76']Thanks Blade....hoping a miracle happens and they hire people...FAST.[/QUOTE]

May I ask what kind of work you do?

Sorry if that isn't appropriate. I am just curious now, haha.

[quote name='pdm76']Thanks Blade....hoping a miracle happens and they hire people...FAST.[/QUOTE]

Are you in IT? I'm a Network Engineer and we have a huge turnover rate. Mostly burnout and/or firings. Working in healthcare is not fun. Less than 5 hours of scheduled downtime for the entire year

edit: I think it was this league...here is some footage from my new capture card -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2trDUj4mI

I'm going to try to live stream my game tomorrow night through twitch. I'll post a link up before we start

Last edited by a moderator:
Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

Good game. The first half I had to make some adjustments it's been awhile and I forgot a couple buttons. It all came back to me in the second half but a fumble by Benson when I was driving really swung momentum. Good D by the Raiders seals the win.

Looking forward to more action!

[quote name='FrankySox']Packers/Raiders COMPLETE

Good game. The first half I had to make some adjustments it's been awhile and I forgot a couple buttons. It all came back to me in the second half but a fumble by Benson when I was driving really swung momentum. Good D by the Raiders seals the win.

Looking forward to more action![/QUOTE]

really liking the level of activity ur showing in the league so far and so soon. looks like ur going to be a great addition to this league

[quote name='staticz']Are you in IT? I'm a Network Engineer and we have a huge turnover rate. Mostly burnout and/or firings. Working in healthcare is not fun. Less than 5 hours of scheduled downtime for the entire year

edit: I think it was this league...here is some footage from my new capture card -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2trDUj4mI

I'm going to try to live stream my game tomorrow night through twitch. I'll post a link up before we start[/QUOTE]
That last play how you stood in the pocket and didn't even move I would have probably rolled out and gotten sacked. Stuff like that I need to work on.

Nice! Awesome job getting that game in, guys! Really glad that worked out for both of you.

[quote name='DVO21']really liking the level of activity ur showing in the league so far and so soon. looks like ur going to be a great addition to this league[/QUOTE]

I've known FrankySox for a few years, and we've played several different games together. He's definitely a good guy to have here. I'm glad we found a spot for him.

GG.

Yeah that fumble was a killer, my defense was depleted on that drive.

Overall solid but not impressive performance by 3rd overall pick Archie Urban in his debut. 8/14 for 157 I believe, 1 int, 1 td (swing pass to Heyward-Bey on an audible, he outran the Packers defense 73 yards down the sideline.) The rain played a factor as a few of the receivers on both sides slipped making cuts.

Janikowski hit a fg as time expired to give the Raiders a 16-13 win. I had to laugh at the what I estimate 40% full Lambeau Field. Even though they were 0-4 before that game (as they were pretty much CPU controlled with Steggy being busy), the Packers have like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets and that stadium is always full. Also seeing a qb wear #4 (Russell Wilson) for the Packers as qb was a little strange.

bread's done
Back