CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

You could become a Panthers fan. :lol:

In all seriousness, we have the worst bandwagon fans of any team in the league. The stadium was sold out last night, but if we had lost, it would be empty on Sunday. No one "pays attention to football" until they are winning.
Ha...yeah, I saw plenty of that when I lived in NC. Honestly, with the way my free time is now, if following my team isn't convenient, I tend to just not do it. I'm a huge Yankees fan...but I didn't watch a single game this past season (not that there was much to watch anyway). Between baseball games being upwards of 4 hours and having to pay $100 for mlb.tv anyway, it just wasn't a productive activity. Even the Predators games aren't on local TV here (and subscribing to cable for 1 channel is a waste).

But the NFL does local TV right and I have Titans games every week. I didn't really have a favorite football team until I moved here (grew up in western NY in the 80/90s...so originally, I was a Bills fan...but I stopped caring as soon as they did, lol). But being able to watch the games every week and not to mention being close enough to attend games makes it easy to get attached and quickly become a fan. There's definitely something to be said for having a home team.

I was going to post this last night, but I was super pissed and forgot. :lol:

I lost to the CPU Vikings on a bullshit fumble, and then I lost AJ Green for 4 weeks. So, if I'm lucky, he'll be back for the Super Bowl if I somehow miraculously make it. It's time for the rise of Mohamed Sanu.

So, I was supposed to play DVO21 last night at 930 EST, he sent me a message at 935 saying that he was too tired and couldn't play.  So we rescheduled for tonight at 930 EST, which I told him is about the latest that I can play due to work & so far I haven't heard from him.  

I can wait until 10EST or so, but if he doesn't show up what do I do?  This will be the 2nd time he wasn't able to play after setting a time & deadline is tonight...

fuck. fuck. my game froze again in the 4th. There has to be some scratch on my disc I'm just not seeing.

What a waste of 45 minutes of my life again, I was actually doing decent on offense for once too, had 300+ yards with Flacco and that NEVER happens for me.

This will have to be simmed. I'm too frustrated/pissed to try playing again right now.

I'm going to get another copy tomorrow I guess. I play madden more with friends and especially family coming up for Thanksgiving and I don't want it to freeze towards the end of one of those games... At least this is only happening to me vs the CPU so only I am affected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love those games where one team gets ridiculous interceptions while the other drops picks that are thrown right to them.  Just had a horrible game with Luck where everything I threw with a defender in the vicinity got picked.  I made a few bad decisions on a few plays but others were just idiotic plays by the D.  On one play the defender was turning to follow the TE downfield and just reached behind him and picked it.

Luck had 4 picks and a fumble returned for a touchdown.  Just one of those Madden games where everything goes against you.  The fumble was a scramble where I had picked up a big first down and then he just drops the ball the second he gets touched.

There's no way I'm playing another year in this.  I'm 7-0 against the CPU and 1-7 against human opponents.  That tells me I'm obviously not any good.  Tannehill averages between 3-4 INTs a game when I play against real people and I think my RBs average about 2 yards a carry.  It's annoying and makes no sense.  I hear people complain about the CPU yet I breeze through those games.  I didn't make any moves in case another Dolphins fan wants to take over because I pretty much knew I would be done after a year with the way things were going, but yeah, fuck this game.  I still may end up getting it for the PS4 though because it turns out despite not really looking next gen, it actually plays way better in certain areas.

There's no way I'm playing another year in this. I'm 7-0 against the CPU and 1-7 against human opponents. That tells me I'm obviously not any good. Tannehill averages between 3-4 INTs a game when I play against real people and I think my RBs average about 2 yards a carry. It's annoying and makes no sense. I hear people complain about the CPU yet I breeze through those games. I didn't make any moves in case another Dolphins fan wants to take over because I pretty much knew I would be done after a year with the way things were going, but yeah, fuck this game. I still may end up getting it for the PS4 though because it turns out despite not really looking next gen, it actually plays way better in certain areas.
I can understand your frustration. But here's the tough thing...you will not get any better at Madden without grinding through the beatings. It just isn't possible. And it's almost for the exact reason you illustrated: what works against the CPU doesn't always work against human opponents. So, unless you stick it out in a league setting (where people at least won't rub your nose in it) or put in the time in online ranked games, you can keep buying the game year after year and still have the same struggles.

Of course, it doesn't help that the game has huge shortcomings in various areas. But in general, you need the constant repetition of knowing where your players will be on every play you run, and what defensive adjustments to make depending on what your opponent is throwing at you. Playing against human opponents is such a different animal, there's really no other way to learn than just taking your lumps and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

I can understand your frustration. But here's the tough thing...you will not get any better at Madden without grinding through the beatings. It just isn't possible. And it's almost for the exact reason you illustrated: what works against the CPU doesn't always work against human opponents. So, unless you stick it out in a league setting (where people at least won't rub your nose in it) or put in the time in online ranked games, you can keep buying the game year after year and still have the same struggles.

Of course, it doesn't help that the game has huge shortcomings in various areas. But in general, you need the constant repetition of knowing where your players will be on every play you run, and what defensive adjustments to make depending on what your opponent is throwing at you. Playing against human opponents is such a different animal, there's really no other way to learn than just taking your lumps and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

I get that, I really do. It makes total sense. I figured I might struggle, but with wanting to play other games along with getting a PS4 (not to mention having a wife and two small children), I want to enjoy what little time I have for gaming. Basically, it's a bad time for me to have to put a lot of time in one game when there are others I have more fun with right now. If my 8 wins consisted of 4 against the CPU and 4 against human opponents, I might not be so quick to opt out. I've had no issues with anyone here and hope you guys are able to maintain this thing.

I get that, I really do. It makes total sense. I figured I might struggle, but with wanting to play other games along with getting a PS4 (not to mention having a wife and two small children), I want to enjoy what little time I have for gaming. Basically, it's a bad time for me to have to put a lot of time in one game when there are others I have more fun with right now. If my 8 wins consisted of 4 against the CPU and 4 against human opponents, I might not be so quick to opt out. I've had no issues with anyone here and hope you guys are able to maintain this thing.
It's understandable. I think that's just one of the things that finally made me just keep playing Madden...the realization of "if I ever want to get better...I have to just deal with it." But yeah, not having the time is a completely separate issue. Looks like your Week 17 game is against a human opponent (HooRox). Hoping you'll at least finish out this season, so we can at least get through one with as many people as possible, haha.

I happened to be on Madden tonight, so we are now advanced to Week 17. The deadline will be 11/25.

I played a ranked game while I was on...and was losing to 21-14 in the 3rd quarter thanks to my opponent lining up Fitzgerald in the slot on every play *sigh*. I ended up going into my depth chart and putting Alterraun Verner as my starting SS so I could get the matchup that should have actually been happening. Then, as fate would have it, the guy's connection dropped and I got a free win. :lol: This is why I have Stockholm Syndrome with this game. In between beatings, every once in a while, it tells me I'm pretty, haha.

There's no way I'm playing another year in this. I'm 7-0 against the CPU and 1-7 against human opponents. That tells me I'm obviously not any good. Tannehill averages between 3-4 INTs a game when I play against real people and I think my RBs average about 2 yards a carry. It's annoying and makes no sense. I hear people complain about the CPU yet I breeze through those games. I didn't make any moves in case another Dolphins fan wants to take over because I pretty much knew I would be done after a year with the way things were going, but yeah, fuck this game. I still may end up getting it for the PS4 though because it turns out despite not really looking next gen, it actually plays way better in certain areas.
I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way in last years league with beating the CPU and losing to human opponents. All I can say is you have to keep playing to get better. I quit about halfway thru last years league because I kept getting waxed by my human opponents (and made the mistake of trading Spiller).

I also had a hard time, throwing 4-5 picks a game. The thing that helped me the most was trying to scan the entire field and just throw it to the guy who's actually open. I used to get away with running my "favorite plays" and throwing to the same guys when playing the CPU, but not against humans. I still force throws from time to time and still get picked off, just not as much (1-2 per game).

I'd try and stick with it and just practice during the off-season. And believe it or not, the training mode (or whatever it's called) is actually really helpful.

On a side note, I'm actually enjoying Madden more than NHL for like the first time ever lol.

At least you can breeze through CPU games. I am undefeated against the CPU, but damned if every game doesn't come down to the wire. Generally I get demolished by human players.

Held on to beat CPU Jaguars 20-7.  Game was much closer than it should have been.  Needed a late TD by Luck to finally ice the game.  Finished up 10-6 this year, much better than last years Madden when I finished 5-11 every season with Jacksonville.

Yup...honestly, I think improving at Madden is like learning German. It requires an absurd amount of patience...and a general lack of self-respect, haha. :lol:

So I finally finished my first offline season. Got to the super bowl and lost to the Broncos, went thru the whole offseason, did the draft, and as I was setting my depth chart, Madden freezes up on me. Of course I didn't save since before the superbowl game so I lost everything. On top of that, my disc is now unplayable due to a scratch that goes around the whole disc. *sigh* I put myself on auto from the website so Matt Young could play.. we were scheduled to play in about 30 minutes too. 

Nate, I think I'll be taking a break / leave of absence from this league if I can't get my disc fixed. I'd rather not spend more $$$ on Madden, esp since I have a whole backlog of other games. I'll keep you updated.

Bengals vs Ravens is scheduled for 9:30 tonight. It might be for the division title, but I'm not positive. If I win, we'll be tied at 11-5, with the season matchups split at a game apiece. At that point, the first tiebreaker would be division record, and I'm not sure where those are at the moment.

It's 10:10 right now and still no Ravens. Five more minutes and then I'm off for the night.

i might be pissed if the game actually mattered, but it's meaningless when it comes to playoff seeding, so whatever. It's just frustrating that he postponed our game last night and then didn't even bother showing up tonight, or message me at the very least.

I'm so sorry man. I always enter games into my phone calendar (which basically runs my life now) and never got a notification that, for everything i can find, should've gotten. I was doing some work that I had too catch up on for tomorrow and it just straight up slipped my mind that we rescheduled as well, which happened to me before. which is why I always put them into my calendar. This league is the only reason I basically turn my 360 on anymore as well.

No excuses though, totally my fault. Very sorry, I've been on your end and it's not cool. I'll throw myself on auto if you want to play my CPU since ill be working away from home tomorrow.

Edit* 6:00am. didn't realize yesterday was the advance. Feel even worse now that you couldn't play my CPU.

We advanced to the Wild Card round! Here are how the games will play out.

AFC:

Games:

Bills vs. Bengals

Colts vs Ravens

First Round Byes:

Titans

Broncos

NFC:

Games:

49ers vs Cowboys

Bears vs Saints

First Round Byes

Panthers

Redskins

Other Notes:

MVP was Cam Newton

Coach of the Year was S. Johnson (Kaster)

On a personal note,

"Skip Bayless @SkipBaylessEA

"Cam Newton is the best player in the world. #simple"

I don't know about that Skip, but I appreciate the compliment.

All, i've been really bad at getting time to play my games and the fact that i don't have enough time to put into madden to improve myself it's not worth it for me to stay in the league unfortunately. I'm glad to see that the cowboys made the playoffs over me, but i would have played my playoff game should i had. I'm gonna step away from the league and madden especially since i just got the x1. The eagles shouldn't be in any kind of turmoil come offseason, but there should be ample time to resign anyone the new owner would like to since the regular season just ended. 

thanks all for the good times, it was fun playing with everyone. I'm glad i actually got to play some human opponents who arent complete assholes like the ranked guys.

All, i've been really bad at getting time to play my games and the fact that i don't have enough time to put into madden to improve myself it's not worth it for me to stay in the league unfortunately. I'm glad to see that the cowboys made the playoffs over me, but i would have played my playoff game should i had. I'm gonna step away from the league and madden especially since i just got the x1. The eagles shouldn't be in any kind of turmoil come offseason, but there should be ample time to resign anyone the new owner would like to since the regular season just ended.

thanks all for the good times, it was fun playing with everyone. I'm glad i actually got to play some human opponents who arent complete assholes like the ranked guys.
All right, thanks for being honest about it. Good luck to you.

As it was mentioned, we've advanced to the playoffs. I'm going to tack an extra day onto our advancement because of the Thanksgiving holiday. So, that makes our due date for these games 11/30. Obviously, I wouldn't mind advancing before then, but I just want to make sure everyone has enough time.

I can't believe I lost that game.

And I have to say it's cheesy as shit to constantly run five wide sets with Spiller as one of the receivers.

Whatever. Good game.

I can't believe I lost that game.

And I have to say it's cheesy as shit to constantly run five wide sets with Spiller as one of the receivers.

Whatever. Good game.
Bills come back from down 18 in the 4th and win 31-28. I recovered an onside kick with 2 mins left and scored the go-ahead TD with 1:40 or so left. Then my defense came up huge with a 4-and-out.

Wow, I can't believe I came back. Definitely got lucky recovering the onside kick with 2 mins left.

That's just how they line up, idk I didn't manually line him up like that. I didn't even throw to him outside of a couple screen passes. Anyways, good game man.

Edit: It was pretty cool to play in the snow.

Yeah, I'm just a little salty about the loss. It was a good game. If I had to do it over again, I would've punted instead of trying that 50 yard field goal.

Colts over Ravens 21-10.  Got out to a 14-0 lead and held off Baltimore from there.  Lucky to get a lead and force Flyersfan to throw the ball as I was having trouble stopping Rice and Pierce.  Good game Flyersfan.

Don't we typically advance the next morning? I still haven't been home from Thanksgiving and won't be until about midnight tonight. Hoping for a couple hours of leniency for the holiday and it being the playoffs and all.

Don't we typically advance the next morning? I still haven't been home from Thanksgiving and won't be until about midnight tonight. Hoping for a couple hours of leniency for the holiday and it being the playoffs and all.
It's normally a "when I can get to it" thing. With it being the weekend...it's just easier for me to get to it late at night. If you can try to play at some point tonight, that would be very helpful. The only reason I'm against waiting through tomorrow (when I'm going to be busy during the day) is because the deadline was pushed back a day already to accomodate the holiday. We'll wait etiher way...but 6 days for advancement is kind of silly.

I'm going to try and get a copy of Madden on Cyber Monday to replace my disc. I put myself on auto for this week from the website so ubernes can play.
I didn't even think you could put yourself on auto from the website...so it's not really a shock that it doesn't work. How exactly did you do this?

All right, we have advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs. Somehow, DVO didn't play his game against the CPU 49ers, and was then eliminated by them, lol. No idea what happened there, but that's gotta be a new low.

Also, Kaster gets an opportunity to test his (hopefully) wired connection against a human opponent. Personally, I think the game should be handled like this, if there's any lag at all that makes the game difficult to play (basically anything that's causing you to press a button multiple times to get it to register), quit out of the game before there's even any score and try again. Maybe you'll get lucky with a better connection...or even if you have to reschedule for another time. I just don't want to see games decided by lag...and I don't want to see hard feelings because of points being left on the board. Just better to try again another time.

The deadline for this round will be 12/4. Good luck to all!

Saints lose to a FG. I think it's time to hang up my cleats in this league. Time is getting scarce for Madden this time of year and I can't seem to compete here either.

GG brownwing

edit: Actually I may step away from the other one next offseason, assuming mostly everyone sticks around here. Liking this Carolina-New Orleans rivalry, and might just power through a season for a chance a redemption. :)

Colts hold on over the Broncos 27-21.  Colts offense showed up big with Luck going 20-24 for 289 yards and 2 TDs.  Broncos had 2 KR touchdowns including one late to pull within 6 but couldn't recover the onside kick.

No lag in the game except for a few stutters that seem to happen online quite a bit between plays.

Colts hold on over the Broncos 27-21. Colts offense showed up big with Luck going 20-24 for 289 yards and 2 TDs. Broncos had 2 KR touchdowns including one late to pull within 6 but couldn't recover the onside kick.

No lag in the game except for a few stutters that seem to happen online quite a bit between plays.
Glad to hear about the lack of lag. Maybe going wired made the difference. Like I've said, I would have hated to lose Kaster as a member of the league over this. Now he can focus on building his team and hopefully leave these connection issues behind him. Probably a bittersweet loss for him, but still good news in that regard.

Titans vs Bills is happening tomorrow at 6PM EST, so we'll have the AFC Championship matchup figured out shortly after that. How are things looking on the NFC side?

Glad to hear about the lack of lag. Maybe going wired made the difference. Like I've said, I would have hated to lose Kaster as a member of the league over this. Now he can focus on building his team and hopefully leave these connection issues behind him. Probably a bittersweet loss for him, but still good news in that regard.

Titans vs Bills is happening tomorrow at 6PM EST, so we'll have the AFC Championship matchup figured out shortly after that. How are things looking on the NFC side?
Darn right it's bittersweet. Nice to know I'm still in the league and without lag (it may have been a factor of wired and an 11:30 EST start time) but I lost and it's my birthday, no less! But since I'm 21 I'm sure I'll find a way to cope :)

Darn right it's bittersweet. Nice to know I'm still in the league and without lag (it may have been a factor of wired and an 11:30 EST start time) but I lost and it's my birthday, no less! But since I'm 21 I'm sure I'll find a way to cope :)
Very possibly a combination of factors. But what a rollercoaster of emotion there, haha. Happy, sad, happy.....probably sad again tomorrow morning, lol. Either way, happy birthday, man. Enjoy it.

bread's done
Back