CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Well, I'm definitely going to need free agency before I play a game, considering I don't have a FB lol.
I'm hoping 2 rounds will be enough. More than that and that means there are some really mess up teams out there.

So apparently you can only see a limited number of attributes while draft? Yeah, that makes sense. Good job EA.
If you press RT and sort by position, you can see more. Leaving it on "All" is extremely limited though.

Are we going to advance to the preseason tonight? I would really love to do my practice and try my guys out.
I'd like to. What would definitely help speed it along is if people would post how many players they have on their roster right now (so we can figure out how many rounds of free agency are needed). Also, shit...I meant to right down the draft order so we'd have it to use for free agency. This is from memory, so feel free to correct me.

1. Packers

2. Giants

3. Jets

4. Cowboys

5. Ravens

6. Saints

7. Bengals

8. Bills

9. Broncos

10. Colts

11. Redskins

12. Panthers

13. Titans

Last edited by a moderator:
I need seven guys, roster sits at 46. That said, FB is the only one I need to actually be able to make the roster minimums in-game.

I'd like to. What would definitely help speed it along is if people would post how many players they have on their roster right now (so we can figure out how many rounds of free agency are needed). Also, shit...I meant to right down the draft order so we'd have it to use for free agency. This is from memory, so feel free to correct me.

1. Packers

2. Giants

3. Jets

4. Cowboys

5. Ravens

6. Saints

7. Bengals

8. Bills

9. Broncos

10. Colts

11. Redskins

12. Panthers

13. Titans
I have 51 players

I have 53. I will probably cut some people and sign others though. Keep in mind, once we advance all the FAs are going to be signed by CPU teams. No matter what we do.

I need seven guys, roster sits at 46. That said, FB is the only one I need to actually be able to make the roster minimums in-game.
Wow...ok. Yeah, that's not good. All teams are required to carry 53 players. Otherwise, you're essentially circumventing the cap by saying "But I only NEED __ players." We'll have to figure something out here.

I also counted Buffalo's players and they need 5. We've got a few teams like this. Probably should have managed the offseason a little better.

I have 53. I will probably cut some people and sign others though. Keep in mind, once we advance all the FAs are going to be signed by CPU teams. No matter what we do.
That's not what I'm worried about. Honestly, I don't care what the CPU does. We don't even have half the league full. It's silly think be concerned with the CPU at this point. I just want to make sure we're all on equal footing by having to pay 53 players. Otherwise some of those big contracts that were given out start to look unfair.

As for cutting and signing freely, we'll have to decide if open free agency is reasonable after we do our draft style rounds. Even if the CPU goes and signs guys, I don't think human teams should be having a free for all just yet.

Wow...ok. Yeah, that's not good. All teams are required to carry 53 players. Otherwise, you're essentially circumventing the cap by saying "But I only NEED __ players." We'll have to figure something out here.

That's not what I'm worried about. Honestly, I don't care what the CPU does. We don't even have half the league full. It's silly think be concerned with the CPU at this point. I just want to make sure we're all on equal footing by having to pay 53 players. Otherwise some of those big contracts that were given out start to look unfair.

As for cutting and signing freely, we'll have to decide if open free agency is reasonable after we do our draft style rounds. Even if the CPU goes and signs guys, I don't think human teams should be having a free for all just yet.
Oh I know I need 53 guys, I was just pointing out I was only deficient in 1. Probably will sign another DT, LG and C, just for depth. After that, the rest is a crapshoot.

For the record, I lost out on about 3-5 more guys in free agency, and had a ton of outgoing free agents, hence why my roster is so shallow.

What might be best is to do 2 rounds of draft style and then I guess open it up to let people fill depth? How does that sound to everyone?

Also, does anyone know if my list is right? There were a few I wasn't quite sure of the order on.

All right, well I advanced us to the preseason. Remember, we'll be going through preseason at a leisurely pace...just to get us through the holiday. No expectation on anybody playing games.

For our 2 draft rounds of free agency, let's just break up into two groups. Group 1 can start now and consists of:

1. Packers

2. Giants - Henry Hynoski, FB

3. Jets

4. Cowboys

5. Bengals - Chris Spencer, LG

6. Ravens

Remember to post who you sign in the thread as that's what reserves him for you. And post in the following format:

Team: Name

Player Added: Name, Position

Player Dropped: Name, Position

If you're below 53 players, obviously you don't need to drop anybody.

Do you want to turn injuries off? I know I'd be pissed if I lost someone major for a large amount of time in a simmed preseason game.

Question for Nate: I thought I had already resigned Fred Jackson but I don't see him on my depth chart. I looked around and didn't see him on any other roster. Is it okay for me to re-sign him now? Assuming he's a free agent.
Just wanted to address this now that I've had a chance to look. I didn't see Fred Jackson listed in free agents, and I looked through the rosters and couldn't find him either (unless he changed positions or something weird). I have no idea what happened here, but I had a similar thing with Jackie Battle. He rejected my contract offer and then disappeared when we went to free agency in the offseason. I specifically looked for him to offer him a contract, and couldn't find him. I don't know if these are supposed to be unannounced retirements, or what. But it's definitely the wonder that is EA.

Also, injuries have been turned off, so it's safe to play pre-season games. We will have a 2 day advance for the pre-season, which should end up looking like this:

Preseason

Week 1: 12/21-12/22

Week 2: 12/23-12/24

Week 3: 12/25-12/26

Week 4: 12/27-12/28

Regular Season

Week 1: 12/29 -1/3 (couple extra days to hopefully give everyone a chance to get back to normal after New Years)

I'm going out of town on 12/24, so I'll be passing the commissioner reins over to KasterDB. Everyone be sure to make him feel like an official commissioner by giving him lots of trades and complaints to sort out, lol ;) Just kidding. But yeah, anything you need from 12/24-12/29 should be directed toward him. Other than that, hopefully it'll be smooth sailing. I was actually impressed with how the draft went. No major hiccups, and I think we did about as good as we could do. I think the only person to completely no show was DVO.

For our 2 draft rounds of free agency, let's just break up into two groups. Group 1 can start now and consists of:

1. Packers

3. Jets - Ras-I Dowling, CB

4. Cowboys

6. Ravens - Zack Bowman, CB

Remember to post who you sign in the thread as that's what reserves him for you. And post in the following format:

Team: Name

Player Added: Name, Position

Player Dropped: Name, Position

If you're below 53 players, obviously you don't need to drop anybody.

Group 2 can make their free agent pick today at 3PM EST

7. Saints - Aubrayo Franklin, DT

8. Bills - Chris Kuper, LG

9. Broncos - Quentin Groves, LOLB

10. Colts - Jason Fox, RT

11. Redskins - Matthew McCants, RT

12. Panthers

13. Titans - Richie Incognito, LG

Just noticed Mark Sanchez moved to WR... Glitch?
Nope. A little special father/son time between HooRox and Kaster, and a curiosity of if QBs could be changed to WRs. Why they didn't try testing it in an offline franchise, we'll never know, lol. But they discovered that once you change it, you can't change it back. Sooo...Sanchez became even more worthless than he already was.

Nope. A little special father/son time between HooRox and Kaster, and a curiosity of if QBs could be changed to WRs. Why they didn't try testing it in an offline franchise, we'll never know, lol. But they discovered that once you change it, you can't change it back. Sooo...Sanchez became even more worthless than he already was.
This is hilarious. I did it offline one time. Turns out Can Newton is a hell of a middle linebacker also. That guy can do everything.

Whoops...somehow I totally forgot about Madden today (damn you, Steam! lol). But uh...yeah, Group 1 may make their second free agent selection now. Same deal as before. The Packers and Cowboys...since you haven't taken a free agent yet, you can choose two. You don't have to sign anybody if you don't want to though.

Team - Free Agent #1 - Free Agent #2

1. Packers

3. Jets - Ras-I Dowling, CB

4. Cowboys

Group 2 can make their second free agent pick tomorrow (12/23) at 9AM EST

11. Redskins - Matthew McCants, RT

12. Panthers

13. Titans - Richie Incognito, LG

Giants drop their preseason opener to the Dolphins, 24-17. Had no answer for the QB duo of Matt Hasselback (8-8, 97 yards, 1 TD) and Ryan Tannehill (12-14, 134 yards, 1 TD). On the positive side, new second-string RB Knowshon Moreno ran for 73 yards, caught a pass for 21 yards and scored a YD, while rookie QB Rashawn Sanders was 13-21 with 186 yards, albeit with two picks.

Both groups may now sign up to two free agents. I guess we'll say free agency will open up completely tonight (12/23) at 10PM EST. So, then, the teams that need to fill out their rosters can do so. Everybody needs to be at 53 players by the time we advance to the regular season.

1. Packers

2. Giants - Henry Hynoski, FB - Sedrick Ellis, DT

3. Jets - Ras-I Dowling, CB - Deon Butler, WR

4. Cowboys

11. Redskins - Matthew McCants, RT - Tim Tebow, QB