CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Season 3 Complete! Jets Win! Thanks Everybody!

Nate: I didn't have time to play my game yet, but I will play it tonight after I get home, assuming you're willing to wait til later to advance. I know it's 2 hours later there, though, so I fully understand if that is not possible.

Nevermind, Dark Rider, haha. I got so pissed off playing NHL 14 tonight, it made me loose with my money, and I decided to "overpay" for Rust. I just bought it from JakeNome for $14. I'll link his thread in case you've never heard of him and would like to partake as well.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/249845-wts-pc-steam-games/
Hmm, I will think about it and let you know in the morning. That's a good price and my main concern was not having anyone to play it with.

So I've thought about it and looked for a deal but didnt see any. I don't think I'm going to grab a 3 month card. It would only be for this game as I don't really play XBL anymore besides this. You may still see me on but I'll be playing single player games that I have in my backlog.

Down the road if I ever get an Xbox One I'll obviously get another card. I really liked playing in this league, but I'd rather get another game for my PS4 or something with the $20 I'd spend for XBL time just for this game.

So I've thought about it and looked for a deal but didnt see any. I don't think I'm going to grab a 3 month card. It would only be for this game as I don't really play XBL anymore besides this. You may still see me on but I'll be playing single player games that I have in my backlog.

Down the road if I ever get an Xbox One I'll obviously get another card. I really liked playing in this league, but I'd rather get another game for my PS4 or something with the $20 I'd spend for XBL time just for this game.
Damn...all of my human opponents keep dropping before I get to play them, lol. So much for my 8 human opponents this season. But I hear where you're coming from and I don't blame you. This year was always an "until the wheels fall off" situation for us. And we're just going to keep running it into the ground, haha.

When are you expecting to advance? Just wondering. I havent been on my xbox to check out if everyone has played
Going to do it right now. Got caught up in Rust last night...totally forgot, haha. Was out with my family today.

Wow...according to the website, Bengals vs Rams didn't get played? That kind of sucks. Two undefeated teams there. Really don't want to slow us down when we're losing the few members we have left though. Gotta keep moving.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28KobNbbI2s[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
We have advanced.

And a very interesting matchup this week. Father vs son.

Broncos (KasterDB) vs Jets (HooRox)

whos-your-daddy-lg1.gif

Also

Panthers (Dark Rider) vs Packers (Matt Young)

The deadline for Week 7 will be 1/28.

Quick question. ..what's the ravens deal...hes on auto...but I see dov is and I know he hasn't been here for awhile...man I able to play this game

Not sure what you're asking really, but I'm the Ravens. You can see my posts above, my XBL ran out and I've basically moved into next gen already without an Xbox (for the time being) so I'm not going to renew. Play me whenever. I can't get on to leave the league since I can't even get in, haha.

I'll be checking in periodically to see how the league is going. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we can all move into a transition where in the next year or two we'll be back together in the PS4 or Xbox One era. Same with NHL. I feel left out since I didn't get it this year :(

Going to do it right now. Got caught up in Rust last night...totally forgot, haha. Was out with my family today.

Wow...according to the website, Bengals vs Rams didn't get played? That kind of sucks. Two undefeated teams there. Really don't want to slow us down when we're losing the few members we have left though. Gotta keep moving.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I remember checking and seeing that the Rams have an owner now, but I guess I forgot to contact him. I guess he did too.

Should've took the sim vs the CPU. Just threw like 7 picks and lost by 6. Awful game. In typical Madden fashion on my potentially game winning drive Jimmy Graham gets called for offensive pass interference after a 30 yard grab.

Had a great 1st half up 21-3, then in the second half the dolphins become the super dolphins and come all the way back to force OT.  Luckily they returned to form in OT & I was able to pull out the victory.

I am so glad I don't have Jacksonville in this year's league.  Gabbert is so bad, he just threw 5 picks in my game against them.  I think 3 of them were in the first half too.  Gave me a chance to get my rookie HB some quality time with the Colts getting an easy 35-10 win.

I really should have had the game in hand early on but my offense struggled early.  Got a TD and a pick that led to another score in the last minute of the 2nd quarter to have a 21-3 lead at half.  Only Jags TD was a pick 6 on a bad throw by Harnish after I had pulled Luck.

The familial fracas went the way of the younger, as Denver defeated the New York Jets. With Brock Osweiler and Ben Tate coming to play, and the defense picking off Geno 3 times and bottling Mike Goodson up with only 19 yards, the Broncos advanced to 6-1 with several CPU opponents left.

We have advanced to Week 8. Key human vs. human matchups this week are...

Yep, that's right. There are none. Everybody is playing the CPU this week. If there was ever the potential for an early advance, this would probably be it. I'm still going to put the deadline as 4 days, but we'll see what happens.

The deadline is 2/1!

Man I'm glad I don't have to see LeSean McCoy again this season. Yeesh. Guy shredded me for 74 yards on the ground and 133 through the year (mostly on screens). Giants survive though, getting a 28-24 win as the Eagles Hail Mary gets knocked out Jackson's hands in the end zone. 

Yo So El Tiger...

Browns - 56

Dolphins - 3

Tamarcus Aristottle - 27/34,  446 yds, 6 TDs, 2INTs

12 rushing attempts all game

Richardson had 9 of them (and 2 TDs himself)

Aristottle had 2

1 rushing attempt by a backup player

In what universe do you think starters would still be in the game and putting up points in that kind of blowout?

I dont know what universe would. And I take blame for not manually taking my guys out after the third quarter. Because honestly I didnt look at the box score until u said something. In the fourth quarter when I supper simmed it they ran the ball off like 6 times to the running back and quarterback and two of them for a rd. As I said from that beginning I take the blame im not making up excuses...I should of taken them out before i simmed it

I dont know what universe would. And I take blame for not manually taking my guys out after the third quarter. Because honestly I didnt look at the box score until u said something. In the fourth quarter when I supper simmed it they ran the ball off like 6 times to the running back and quarterback and two of them for a rd. As I said from that beginning I take the blame im not making up excuses...I should of taken them out before i simmed it
I appreciate you taking responsibility for it. That's why the first strike is a warning. So, this would be yours. Definitely don't let that happen again. I doubt any coach would play his starting QB and RB at all in the 4th quarter with that kind of lead. I understand super-simming...but let's remember that EA makes this game.

49ers injure:

My starting qb rookie - fractured toe 6 weeks

Sam Bradford backup qb - herniated disk - 6 weeks

Tavon Austin starting wr, kr, pr - dislocated shoulder injury length not disclosed

All in one game

Goodbye offense and enjoyment of playing

49ers injure:

My starting qb rookie - fractured toe 6 weeks

Sam Bradford backup qb - herniated disk - 6 weeks

Tavon Austin starting wr, kr, pr - dislocated shoulder injury length not disclosed

All in one game

Goodbye offense and enjoyment of playing
Your rookie QB seems to be injury prone lol.

All right, we have advanced to Week 9. Neither the Panthers nor Broncos played their CPU games this week. Again, gotta keep moving though. Key human vs human matchups this week are:

Giants (jza1218) vs Redskins (bfauble83)

The deadline for this week will be 2/5.

Good grief, just needed OT to beat the CPU Texans 30-27.  Someone needs to remind Matt Schaub that he sucks now. 

The rookie WR named Mann on their team was ridiculous.  He was breaking a ton of tackles like they were nothing.

I'm going to step down as the Saints. About had my Madden fill and quite honestly shocked I made it this far. Thanks for running the league over here n8, another solid Madden league despite the obstacles Madden throws at us every year.

I know a few of you play the MUT mode pretty hard, so this is for you:

I've been going back to some of my older sports games and trying to knock out all the achievements I never got (don't judge me). I'm on Madden 12 now, and one of the last two I need is to get my MUT up to a rating of 80. I think I'm at 72 right now. How hard is it to get up to 80, and what's the best way to earn the most coins? I somehow randomly had a dollar on my MS account balance, which I used to buy a silver pack of cards, and those weren't worth dog shit.

Depends on how many coins you have. Madden 12 didn't offer, to my recollection, too much in the way of solo challenges that offered big rewards. 

Giants top the Redskins in a back-and-forth game, 38-35, thanks to a TD pass from Manning to Cruz in the final seconds. Great  game bfauble83, I really didn't think I'd have a chance in a game like this. I thought at the half, when you got the ball to start and were up four, that the game might be over there and then.

Eli Manning 19/25 369 yards, 4 TD's

David Wilson 14 att 92 yards

Knowshon Moreno 2 att 12 yards 1 TD

Victor Cruz 5 catches, 140 yards 2 TDs

Aldrick Robinson 4 catches, 95 yards 1 TD

RG III 11/15, 165 yards, 3 TD's, 1 att 9 yards

Alfred Morris 16 att 117 yards 2 TDs

Fred Davis 4 catches, 55 yards 1 TD

Jacoby Jones 2 catches, 67 yards 1 TD

All right, we have advanced to Week 10. Sorry to see you go, uber...but I understand it. Our human members are dwindling down, but key human vs human matchups for this week are:

Packers (Matt Young) vs Rams (wtfitstonyy)

Panthers (Dark Rider) vs Redskins (bfauble83)

The deadline for Week 10 will be 2/9!

Depends on how many coins you have. Madden 12 didn't offer, to my recollection, too much in the way of solo challenges that offered big rewards.
I'm playing the CPU on 5 minute quarters right now, earning about 1,000 per game. I think I'm up to 6,000, and the Gold Premium packs cost 9,000 each. I'll see where I'm at after I get one of those before I decide whether or not to continue with it.

The other thing to look at if you are just trying to improve your MUT rating is to look at auctions for your biggest need positions.  If you have a 70 overall starter and replace them with a mid 80's player it will help your rating as well.  You can really upgrade a few positions for the same cost as a pack where you usually only get 1 or 2 really good cards.

Will really depend on how active the auctions are for Madden 12.

I told bfauble that if he wanted to play the CPU he could. I have been working so much this weekend that we haven't been able to find a time that works.

Gotta love some of the coach animations for Madden.  Just tackled the Steelers HB for a 5 yard loss on a 1st down screen play, and Shanahan (so weird as Steelers coach) is clapping on the sidelines like it went for 20 yards on 3rd and 19.

Gotta love some of the coach animations for Madden. Just tackled the Steelers HB for a 5 yard loss on a 1st down screen play, and Shanahan (so weird as Steelers coach) is clapping on the sidelines like it went for 20 yards on 3rd and 19.
Sometimes when I play the CPU my coaches face looks like melted wax...its kind of freaky looking.

All games are completed, so we have advanced to Week 11. Key human vs human matchups this week are:

Packers (Matt Young) vs Giants (jza1218)

Browns (Yo Soy El Tiger) vs Rams (wtfitstonyy) - assuming tony is still playing. He's already on auto pilot though, so Tiger, contact him and try to wait until the last day before demolishing the CPU. Thanks.

Jets (HooRox) vs Redskins (bfauble83)

The deadline for Week 11 will be 2/13.

bread's done
Back