CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

Dammit, I don't play enough (or any really, never touched the mode) HUT to make the 16 week GameStop pre order bonus worth it, but I have a lot of trade in credit there. I have enough to cover most of the game at Amazon, but with the addition of sales tax to PA residents this week (6%in state, plus 2% city tax in Philly) for a total of 8% I don't think it's worth the overall price to get it from Amazon for me. I won't be home to get it anyway, and standing in line after normal working hours with all Philadelphia residents who missed packages is a special kind of living hell. I wish I could have the game sent to my job but that won't be possible that week.

I realize I'm bitching about $4.80 in sales tax (that im paying at gs anyway) but I would've put up with the additional headache for the pre order bonus from Amazon for that. Especially since I live within walking distance of the UPS pickup center. The politicians just had to put that policy in effect 2 weeks before this game comes out :booty:

[quote name='Flyersfan']Dammit, I don't play enough (or any really, never touched the mode) HUT to make the 16 week GameStop pre order bonus worth it, but I have a lot of trade in credit there. I have enough to cover most of the game at Amazon, but with the addition of sales tax to PA residents this week (6%in state, plus 2% city tax in Philly) for a total of 8% I don't think it's worth the overall price to get it from Amazon for me. I won't be home to get it anyway, and standing in line after normal working hours with all Philadelphia residents who missed packages is a special kind of living hell. I wish I could have the game sent to my job but that won't be possible that week.

I realize I'm bitching about $4.80 in sales tax (that im paying at gs anyway) but I would've put up with the additional headache for the pre order bonus from Amazon for that. Especially since I live within walking distance of the UPS pickup center. The politicians just had to put that policy in effect 2 weeks before this game comes out :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the same way. The addition of sales tax is a huge bummer and will probably limit me from buying from Amazon as much. It's just another sign of a greedy commonwealth getting more cash. That extra 2% is nasty too.

That said, I checked my preorder and the invoice still says $59.99. I'm curious if orders made before Sept. 1st are exempt from being taxed. That is good for me since I have NHL and Borderlands 2 preordered.

With the gamestop order do the packs go away at the end of each month even if you opened them or am I reading it wrong? Seems pointless to me to get them and use them only for them to go away at the end of the month.

[quote name='sendme']With the gamestop order do the packs go away at the end of each month even if you opened them or am I reading it wrong? Seems pointless to me to get them and use them only for them to go away at the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. If it's anything like the EA Season Ticket, you just have to redeem them each week. ie. if you don't go into HUT and claim your free pack that week, you would lose it. Maybe the terms of the Gamestop offer are slightly different, but once you open the packs, I'm sure the cards are yours to keep.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I doubt it. If it's anything like the EA Season Ticket, you just have to redeem them each week. ie. if you don't go into HUT and claim your free pack that week, you would lose it. Maybe the terms of the Gamestop offer are slightly different, but once you open the packs, I'm sure the cards are yours to keep.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figure too.

Still thinking about Season Ticket and if its worth the investment...anybody using it either last year or for Madden have opinions so far?

[quote name='GamerDude316']That's what I figure too.

Still thinking about Season Ticket and if its worth the investment...anybody using it either last year or for Madden have opinions so far?[/QUOTE]

What makes it worth it is Ultimate Team...especially if you play at least 2 EA games. Having the game 3 days early is nice, but I wouldn't pay just for that. I didn't get it last year, then played a ton of Ultimate Team across both Madden and NHL, and when I got to the point that I actually paid real money for card packs, I said "OK, I should have just gotten Season Ticket". So, now, the way I think about Season Ticket is that I'm just buying the card packs and being able to download the game 3 days early is just a nice bonus. I just wish it included NBA Live 13 too...but I guess they have to make sure that that game is actually going to be released this year before considering adding it to the fold.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']What makes it worth it is Ultimate Team...especially if you play at least 2 EA games. Having the game 3 days early is nice, but I wouldn't pay just for that. I didn't get it last year, then played a ton of Ultimate Team across both Madden and NHL, and when I got to the point that I actually paid real money for card packs, I said "OK, I should have just gotten Season Ticket". So, now, the way I think about Season Ticket is that I'm just buying the card packs and being able to download the game 3 days early is just a nice bonus. I just wish it included NBA Live 13 too...but I guess they have to make sure that that game is actually going to be released this year before considering adding it to the fold.[/QUOTE]

Well since I'm only planning on NHL (I might get Madden for $40 down the road but even then would just use the connected careers mode) I'll probably pass. I didnt play HUT enough in 12 to make it worth the extra money and doubt 13 will be much different in that regard.

I have started a league of my own, but I am down to join another. Whats the word on rosters?

Being a Flyers fan, Id hate to say this, but I'd probably pick NJ if we were using current rosters, otherwise Ill be Winnipeg.

Also, where have you guys preordered? What are the best deals? I havent seen many threads on this topic in CAG.

[quote name='queefdemon']I have started a league of my own, but I am down to join another. Whats the word on rosters?

Being a Flyers fan, Id hate to say this, but I'd probably pick NJ if we were using current rosters, otherwise Ill be Winnipeg.

Also, where have you guys preordered? What are the best deals? I havent seen many threads on this topic in CAG.[/QUOTE]

We're using real rosters...as current as whenever the first roster update is (my guess would be that they'll have a day one update like Madden did...possibly even one right before the lockout which would start 9/15, if there are any moves that warrant one). So, are you signing up for New Jersey then? If so, you'll need to post your information.

Amazon has been offering a $15 credit for pre-ordering and a Bauer boost pack, ToysRUs had a $44.99 price, and GameStop is offering 16 weeks of HUT Gold Packs. Those are basically your best options.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']We're using real rosters...as current as whenever the first roster update is (my guess would be that they'll have a day one update like Madden did...possibly even one right before the lockout which would start 9/15, if there are any moves that warrant one). So, are you signing up for New Jersey then? If so, you'll need to post your information.

Amazon has been offering a $15 credit for pre-ordering and a Bauer boost pack, ToysRUs had a $44.99 price, and GameStop is offering 16 weeks of HUT Gold Packs. Those are basically your best options.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sir.

I think I'm gonna grab the 2 for $60 games at TRU and just return em to Walmart and get the $80 special edition. Use the left over $ for groceries and what not.

New Jersey Devils | Queefdemon | DJ Loose Cougar | EST | I work until 5pm every weekday and I play in a band, so week nights and weekends during the day would probs be best.

[quote name='queefdemon']Thanks sir.

I think I'm gonna grab the 2 for $60 games at TRU and just return em to Walmart and get the $80 special edition. Use the left over $ for groceries and what not.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't realize you wanted to know what the best return fraud pre-order deal was. You should be more specific in the future.

sorry, Ill have my dad buy them as a birthday gift for me and Ill return said gift to Walmart because I do not have a receipt, for store credit and get NHL. Does that make it better?

I asked for the best deal, TRU isnt offering the $15 off anymore and I dont need $15 gift cards to Amazon, this is the best deal for me personally. Quit being so judgemental.

[quote name='jza1218']If you don't want people to judge, don't publicly admit to return fraud like its no big thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you've never downloaded a song in your life and I am sure Walmart is going to hurt so bad from this exchange, you know from the $17billion in profit they bring in lol.

I think I'm gonna grab the 2 for $60 games at TRU and just return em to Walmart and get the $80 special edition. Use the left over $ for groceries and what not.[/QUOTE]

Keep this shit to yourself.

[quote name='queefdemon']sorry, Ill have my dad buy them as a birthday gift for me and Ill return said gift to Walmart because I do not have a receipt, for store credit and get NHL. Does that make it better?

I asked for the best deal, TRU isnt offering the $15 off anymore and I dont need $15 gift cards to Amazon, this is the best deal for me personally. Quit being so judgemental.[/QUOTE]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You must have a slack ass Wal-Mart if they'll allow you to return 2 $60 games without a receipt though. That big of a gift card usually needs manager approval.

And just saying, you're coming into a league...where nobody knows you...casually boasting about what a lot of people would see as douchebag behavior. First impressions, ya know.

Yeah, mod or admin looks and reads about it or even other CAG'S, not going to be pretty. One thing CAG's don't like is return fraud. Did it in 2005 and bragged in the main K-mart thread and the backlash was a good 10 pages long. Needless to say, never ever again after that since I learned from my douche baggery.

mckayla-maroney-meme-getty.jpg

We're not impressed.

Also you deserve to be the Islanders.....they've been defrauding their fans since the 70's! :roll:

[quote name='Panther1484']

We're not impressed.

Also you deserve to be the Islanders.....they've been defrauding their fans since the 70's! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up? Thumbs up.

[quote name='Panther1484']

We're not impressed.

Also you deserve to be the Islanders.....they've been defrauding their fans since the 70's! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha. This is why I missed Shady! :D

[quote name='queefdemon']sorry, Ill have my dad buy them as a birthday gift for me and Ill return said gift to Walmart because I do not have a receipt, for store credit and get NHL. Does that make it better?

I asked for the best deal, TRU isnt offering the $15 off anymore and I dont need $15 gift cards to Amazon, this is the best deal for me personally. Quit being so judgemental.[/QUOTE]

I know people who have done this sort of thing (my old housemate in college loved doing this with his friends) and they were the last people I wanted to socialize with. One of the reasons I joined this league was to play fun hockey with a good group of guys, not frauders like yourself.

Eagerly awaiting this game guys, pretty pumped.

Related, I just picked up Madden last night if anyone would want to play. Got a great deal. I traded in NHL 12, Modern Warfare 2, and Arkham City to Gamestop and got 55 bucks credit. I then asked the guy behind the counter if he'd like to blow me in exchange for this credit. He did, but I secretly videotaped it. Since it happened at GameStop, I then told the guy I'd release the video to the company and have him fired unless he gave me back the credit and pay the additional 6 dollars I owed. He did begrudgingly. While this was all going down, I stole a woman's purse who was browsing the Kinect section for some yoga game.

So to summarize:

NHL 12 + MW3 + AC = $55
$55 = Blowjob
Secret Videotape = $55+$6 = Madden
Bonus: Stolen purse.

I don't know, I think I got a great deal for three games. Let me know if anyone found anything better.

[quote name='Wpark83']Eagerly awaiting this game guys, pretty pumped.

Related, I just picked up Madden last night if anyone would want to play. Got a great deal. I traded in NHL 12, Modern Warfare 2, and Arkham City to Gamestop and got 55 bucks credit. I then asked the guy behind the counter if he'd like to blow me in exchange for this credit. He did, but I secretly videotaped it. Since it happened at GameStop, I then told the guy I'd release the video to the company and have him fired unless he gave me back the credit and pay the additional 6 dollars I owed. He did begrudgingly. While this was all going down, I stole a woman's purse who was browsing the Kinect section for some yoga game.

So to summarize:

NHL 12 + MW3 + AC = $55
$55 = Blowjob
Secret Videotape = $55+$6 = Madden
Bonus: Stolen purse.

I don't know, I think I got a great deal for three games. Let me know if anyone found anything better.[/QUOTE]

That's easily the best pre-order deal so far. I don't know why I didn't think of this. Are you still getting the 16 HUT Gold Packs as well?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's easily the best pre-order deal so far. I don't know why I didn't think of this. Are you still getting the 16 HUT Gold Packs as well?[/QUOTE]

Well I did get them, but I brought them to the customer service desk at Stop and Shop and asked to return them for lottery scratch off tickets. The woman at the counter didn't understand English so she just did it for me. I won $300 bucks on one of the tickets, but I didn't want to add that into the final total as it was just based on luck and not strategic shopping for the best deal.

[quote name='jza1218']I don't think this thread went how queefdemon expected.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, first impressions... It just struck me as odd to ask about the best pre-order deals as though he expected something better than future store credit or in game bonuses. I don't see how any bonus could ever compete with taking advantage of one company's overly lenient return policy to exploit another company's promotion. Anyway, I think it's safe to say that queefdemon didn't make a great first impression and his ethics might be questionable. Whether or not people want to give him a chance to play in this franchise though, is open for discussion.

[quote name='jza1218']Well considering he hasn't posted since then, I'm thinking he doesn't care for us.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured he would be running for the door. I'm fine with him playing though if he wanted to though. I'm sure there are other dirtbag people who are studious gamers.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah I figured he would be running for the door. I'm fine with him playing though if he wanted to though. I'm sure there are other dirtbag people who are studious gamers.[/QUOTE]

yeah I wouldnt have minded either. Hopefully he wouldnt be one of those users who tries to exploit the games as well (cheap online tricks, etc)

I was just busy with work and such. I'm still down to play. I've never used glitch goals on any sort in past games for what its worth.

[quote name='queefdemon']I was just busy with work and such. I'm still down to play. I've never used glitch goals on any sort in past games for what its worth.[/QUOTE]

All right, now that that's cleared up, I've got you added to the OP.

Season Ticket question, this is my first year using it, when does the early access for NHL 13 usually start? What time was it for Madden 13? (if anyone did Season Ticket for it)

I ordered from Toys R Us with the lower price so I have three days to play it then the wait-for-the-mail game starts.

bread's done
Back