CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='wiz2020']Season Ticket question, this is my first year using it, when does the early access for NHL 13 usually start? What time was it for Madden 13? (if anyone did Season Ticket for it)

I ordered from Toys R Us with the lower price so I have three days to play it then the wait-for-the-mail game starts.[/QUOTE]

Friday at 6PM EST. Expires Tuesday at 6 AM.

Yeah, I had a hell of a time downloading Madden. My DL would just keep randomly stopping and disappearing from my active downloads if I left it alone for too long. I had to finish the last 50% just by sitting there and playing an XBLA game and constantly checking the download to make sure it was still going. I'll plan to do the same thing tomorrow because I wasted hours with Madden thinking it would be fine on its own.

[quote name='jza1218']I set my Madden to download at 6PM and when I got home at 3 AM it had finished with no problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what was up with mine then. It seemed like every time I'd go idle the DL would just disappear. The first time, I left it for 3 hours, thinking I could run some errands and come back and play some football. Nope! lol...I just had a 3+ gig incomplete file on my hard drive and nothing in Active Downloads. I am in the dashboard beta though...so maybe that has something to do with it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I had the same problem that Friday but not with Madden. I think live was messing up good[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're right. Cause that was the day that XBL messages were all fucked up too. It was only showing like the first 12 characters of the message. It was all like "This is so c". That probably had something to do with it. Still, I'll try to monitor more closely tomorrow.

I thought about joining it, but the price from the listing online looks like it is the same for the packs. I will only use it for NHL 13.

[quote name='DestroVega']Oh so there's no way I'll be playing this thing Friday night then?[/QUOTE]

Well, I doubt it'll have as many people downloading as Madden, and if it was XBL that was causing problems, hopefully that won't be a factor again either. I'd still plan on it taking a few hours depending on your connection speed. As long as I'm playing by 10 PM, I'll be happy.

I actually bought the Season Ticket, returned it, and bought it at a cheaper price in Canada, and because EA thinks I bought it twice, they let me DL NHL two nights ago as a thank you for my dedication. Suckers.

[quote name='queefdemon']Think Im going to join that Season ticket thing. 24 gold packs for hut? Seems like a deal.[/QUOTE]

Fair warning, myself and others have yet to receive our weekly Madden Ultimate Team pack.

[quote name='Wpark83']I actually bought the Season Ticket, returned it, and bought it at a cheaper price in Canada, and because EA thinks I bought it twice, they let me DL NHL two nights ago as a thank you for my dedication. Suckers.[/QUOTE]

Joke?

I'm tempted to buy it for NHL, but then again, do I really want to pay $25 just to play a game a couple days before? Maybe......I'm torn.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ lol yeah prolonged joke. Can I use HBO go while something downloads? I'll be cool with that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure downloads stop any time you're in something that accesses the internet. I know with games, it will completely depend what mode (and sometimes even what menu) you're in whether your DL will stop or not. I'll probably just play some more Dead Block, haha. That's what I did last time.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I play Trials Evolution while waiting for something to download. Ultimate time killer.[/QUOTE]

Also a good idea. The only question there is whether the game will be done downloading before Trials makes you want to kill yourself, lol. :lol:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I don't think so. I'm pretty sure downloads stop any time you're in something that accesses the internet. I know with games, it will completely depend what mode (and sometimes even what menu) you're in whether your DL will stop or not. I'll probably just play some more Dead Block, haha. That's what I did last time.[/QUOTE]

Ok so if I play Lego batman 2 it'll still download.

[quote name='DestroVega']Ok so if I play Lego batman 2 it'll still download.[/QUOTE]

Anything that doesn't have online multi-player should be fine. Honestly, you should be ok to just let the Xbox sit. I would wager that the problem I had with Madden was a freak occurrence...but I also don't want to chance it, lol. I guess if you have nothing to do anyway, you might as well play something.

I'll represent Strong Island and take the lowly Islanders. I got dibs on the Flyers if Flyersfan Xbox explodes. I'm on Japan time, but can be pretty flexible.

Very interested to check out the the companion iPhone app.

Damn I should have put claim on the Flyers in the case of an exploding Xbox.

Whats the word on trade discussions? Can we put up a block on here and have preliminary trade discussions here with other GM's?

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll represent Strong Island and take the lowly Islanders. I got dibs on the Flyers if Flyersfan Xbox explodes. I'm on Japan time, but can be pretty flexible.

Very interested to check out the the companion iPhone app.[/QUOTE]

Wow, daring to take the Islanders. That's a bold move, haha.

And with that, the Atlantic division is full. Should be a pretty fun race over there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...atings-eastern-conference-220009401--nhl.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...atings-western-conference-171103847--nhl.html

The league I am running isnt going to start for roughly 3 weeks after the release so we can get the latest updates and people can familiarize themselves with the game and players in the game.

We have already allowed trading and trade negotiations that will be posted once we actually set up the league. I'm the Flyers and pretty much traded my whole team away lol. I figured If I pick Philly, and most of the people in the league are Flyers fans, my players would be in high demand. It worked out so far. But your team is only as good as the person controlling it.

For you guys inquiring about specific players, you might want to send the owner of those teams a private message to make sure they're aware of the offer. And the best way to get trades going is to post an actual trade block...consisting of something like this:

(Obviously, some of this info isn't known yet...but this should be the general format for trade blocks)

Team
Player Name | Position | OVR | Age | Contract Years/Money (assuming EA follows the cap) | Any Other Relevant Stats (SPD, WS ACC, WS POW, SS ACC, SS POW, CHK, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a trade block and GM communication tool right in the game. As well the pm here will work great. I don't think we should bung up the thread with all the possible trade proposals. Just a thought.

On another note, the boss pulled another CBlock on me. She invited people over for dinner tonight. WTF how does she not know the early release is tonight. Such a sad GAG am I.

[quote name='wiz2020']CheapyD just joined the league, this just got real.

MIND. BLOWN.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Cheapy always joins. The trick is getting him to play a game, lol. ;) No, in his defense, NHL leagues were so barebones in the past, it was hard to really get a good flow going with games. It was always just "play each opponent 2 times in any order"...so half the league would be done, and then there would be 2-3 people who hadn't played at all. It was just hard to organize.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']There is a trade block and GM communication tool right in the game. As well the pm here will work great. I don't think we should bung up the thread with all the possible trade proposals. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, depending on how good the website/app integration is will probably determine how important it is to discuss things in here. Official trade proposals (that have been agreed to by both teams) should be announced in the thread before being put through though. Just to make sure no funny business is going on.

[quote name='sendme']The trades everyone is talking about are they for the HUT or for the league play?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for league play. Anything people do with HUT is their own business.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Yeah, depending on how good the website/app integration is will probably determine how important it is to discuss things in here. Official trade proposals (that have been agreed to by both teams) should be announced in the thread before being put through though. Just to make sure no funny business is going on.[/QUOTE]

That is also the job of the Commissioner to veto any "funny business" as they will have last say before any trade is posted ingame.

Speaking of, who is the lucky one? I don't remember if I read someone taking on that duty.

[quote name='Canbanana']How will trades with uncontrolled(AI) teams work? or will those players be available for trade at all?[/QUOTE]

Its just like playing GM mode in 12. you can make an offer and the AI can accept or make an offer themselves. The new GM Brain allows for AI participation.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']That is also the job of the Commissioner to veto any "funny business" as they will have last say before any trade is posted ingame.

Speaking of, who is the lucky one? I don't remember if I read someone taking on that duty.[/QUOTE]

The commissioner actually has to approve trades in game before they go through? I hadn't heard about that. That would be interesting (I wonder if it's like that in Madden too). Even so, I think it would be better for the community to have input rather than just one person with ultimate authority.

Having said that...um, I assume it would be me, since I organized this thing.

[quote name='Canbanana']How will trades with uncontrolled(AI) teams work? or will those players be available for trade at all?[/QUOTE]

Like with the Madden league, this will probably be one of those "wait and see" things. I think allowing trading with all teams would be good, but depending on EA's trade logic, we'll have to see if any restrictions are necessary. Hoping that the salary cap will be enough of a restriction in and of itself. But yeah, if somebody is able to get Carey Price for a 7th round pick...that aint gonna work, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']Its just like playing GM mode in 12. you can make an offer and the AI can accept or make an offer themselves. The new GM Brain allows for AI participation.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant a human owner trading with an AI team...and whether or not we should allow it. Unless I misunderstood completely. CPU and CPU will do whatever the hell they want, lol. That's the one thing I have learned with Madden. We basically have to allow ourselves to do whatever the CPU does because if we don't, they'll run wild. This happened in Madden with free agents. The CPU went crazy signing them from the first day of pre-season.

If NHL is like that too, we'll have to come up with some kind of system for signing FA's that isn't just a ridiculous free for all. This would most likely be a draft, allowing each team a chance to sign one FA. Whether we want to base it on team rating or cap space...or a combination of the two is up for discussion though.

[quote name='Vulcan2422'](Tampa- Vincent LeCavier) for (St. Louis- David Perron)?[/QUOTE]

Just saw this deal and the answer is no.

[quote name='DestroVega']No wonder they put it out at 6pm. That's the only way they can give it to you 3 days before lol[/QUOTE]

lol...basically.

bread's done
Back