CAGLS: Official NHL 14 Online Franchise - Random Rosters - Play ALL Human Opponents - Schedule Section #5 Due 4/9!

Good fucking grief...I'm at a total loss. These are the steps I took when setting this up.

1. Go to Save/Load/Delete menu

2. Load newest roster.

3. Go to Roster Management.to confirm that the newest roster is loaded.

4. Go to Play > Online > GM Connected > Create League

5. Set up league and for roster type, select "current".

6. Wait a bunch of days since you can't look at rosters until the league is advanced.

7. Discover EA's dick in my ass yet again...

I can't even wrap my head around what I could have done wrong. I'm going to go fuck around with it and set up a new league (again) and advance right away. If the rosters are right, I'll let everyone know and we can decide how to proceed. This shit is making me feel like a retarded monkey at this point, but it seems silly to tap out before we even start. But with as needlessly complicated as this has been, you'd think I've never ran a league or used a controller before. God dammit, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or the roster's are just fucked to begin with. Apparently Avs dont have Cody Mcleod at all in the game, even though he is actually on the team.

Or the roster's are just fucked to begin with. Apparently Avs dont have Cody Mcleod at all in the game, even though he is actually on the team.
Well, I have no idea what I did differently, or where it's actually pulling this roster from...but whatever the hell I just did worked. I created a new league (named something different...but you can still search CAGLS and find it), I joined as Nashville, advanced right away, went to check the rosters...and they're curent...but like REALLY current.

I don't know if the CPU reshuffled things when I advanced us (though that shouldn't have affected my team at all)...but the Preds have Stalberg back (who wasn't re-activated until like last week) and sure enough, Cody McLeod is there too. I realize I have the credibility of a UFO trailer park abductee at this point, but seriously...send a join request and check for yourselves.

I'm going to be playing NHL for the next couple hours. So, as dumb as this sounds to say...anybody who joins the new NEW league, send me an XBL message and I'll accept your request asap. Dumb, dumb, dumb...but at least it appears it's right now. Why? No idea, lol.

Just sent my request to join... I'm assuming it was the CAGLS Hockey League Maybe?

Also for those of you that play HUT... This weekend is a 2x Puck and 2x chance of TOTW cards in packs.

That rookie cup tournament is my best friend right now... Just earned over 7,500 pucks in about an hour (4 games).

I've been doing the veteran cup and I get about 1500 per game. I figured out the max for most efficient puck getting. No more than 6 goals, 100% passing, no penalties and no fights and a shut out. I do have a stacked team and two goalies at 86.

Colorado and Nashville kicked off the season last night...and wow, what a game. Neither goalie had a save percentage above 83%, with Pekka Rinne getting the worst of it, at 76%. Rinne ended up giving up 7 goals on 30 shots, while Semyon Varlamov allowed 4 goals on 24 shots. Huge hits were also a staple of the game, with Ryan O'Reilly and Shea Weber becoming casualties with a concussion and hip injury, respectively. O'Reilly is out 7 games. Weber is out 6 games (not thrilled with the injuries, but at least it's not the 47 game injuries we saw last year...yet).

The game felt super arcadey. Just hitting and goals all over the place...despite playing on "hardcore simulation" and the difficulty being on all-star. We're kind of hoping this game is just an anomaly (since that always seems to happen to me in my "first game" of anything)...but everyone should be prepared. It could be a wild ride this year.

I will say, at least it was an exciting game and not the humdrum tedium of waiting for a shitty bounce to get a 1-0 win/loss that we saw all the time in NHL 13. There was pretty much no telling what the goalies were going to save. There were just straight slap shots with no screen that they missed. And then there were cross crease one timers that they dove across the net and gloved clean. But I still think the mode plays better than OTP/EASHL. You can hit...you can pass...and you can score. It's not exactly realistic, but it could be kind of fun...? Maybe, lol.

Yeah...so apparently, Pekka Rinne just really sucks in this game (even with a 90 OVR). I just lost to CPU Minnesota where he gave up 5 goals on 21 shots. One hit off a d-man and went in...2 others caught his pads and still went in. I had 3 goals on 20 shots, but just couldn't keep up with that shitty goaltending. 76%...again. The CPU didn't take a penalty the entire game either. Not going to be surprised if I become known as "the guy who fights a lot" this year.

On the positive side, I injured Jared Spurgeon's groin, and he'll miss 4 games. Jason Pominville also scored 2 goals on 2 shots, and then I injured his foot, and he'll miss 2 games, lol. Oh, EA.

Yeah...so apparently, Pekka Rinne just really sucks in this game (even with a 90 OVR). I just lost to CPU Minnesota where he gave up 5 goals on 21 shots. One hit off a d-man and went in...2 others caught his pads and still went in. I had 3 goals on 20 shots, but just couldn't keep up with that shitty goaltending. 76%...again. The CPU didn't take a penalty the entire game either. Not going to be surprised if I become known as "the guy who fights a lot" this year.

On the positive side, I injured Jared Spurgeon's groin, and he'll miss 4 games. Jason Pominville also scored 2 goals on 2 shots, and then I injured his foot, and he'll miss 2 games, lol. Oh, EA.
I hope this year's game isn't quite the injury fest that last year's was

I've been doing the veteran cup and I get about 1500 per game. I figured out the max for most efficient puck getting. No more than 6 goals, 100% passing, no penalties and no fights and a shut out. I do have a stacked team and two goalies at 86.
I usually do the rookie if I am just farming or in need of pucks. My team for the rookie cup has the first two lines of my hometown Griffins as well as their goalie who is 72 OVR, then the 3rd and 4th lines are all bronze cards ranging from 47- 53. My team's ratings end up being I think high 70s for offense and defense and 53 for goalie since I have a back up that is 43 OVR.

It's a really easy to get the max as long as I don't level too many people. I usually have the 6 goals by the halfway point of the first and then just fire shots until I hit 50 total. Then the rest of the game I just play keep away and wear out the clock. Using this method I am usually able to get 1,700 to 2,100 per game, with lots of penalties being the lesser amount. I swear the goalies for those junior teams are partially blind. I had one game this weekend where I ended up scoring 26 goals, and after about 10 I was just screwing around with slapshots.

I really wish that for online games they didn't limit the amount of pucks you'd get for goals. I had some guy the other day who just kept taking runs at my players and I ended up dropping 12 on him.

Nate, don't worry... Howard saw Rinne's 76% and decided to go 75.7% to show him up. I gave up 2 or 3 against Carolina, and I think they only had 9 shots. Awesome :bomb: Oh, and didn't you get the memo... The CPU doesn't take penalties... No, seriously they don't. I'm lucky if I see 1 every 10 games of HUT (not including fights).

Twick and I also picked up right where we left off in season 2 of the playoffs last year with our OT bonanza. He jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead which I ended up coming back to make it 2-2. I then got called for an absolutely horrendous 5 Min Major and Game when I skated near someone with Franzen and the new checking system decided that really I just wanted to board the ever living fuck out of the guy instead. That led to Buffalo taking a 4-2 lead. Then I don't remember if he scored again or if I tied it up again after getting a lucky penalty shot call when Datsyuk got tripped when it really looked like Twick had the angle on him in the first place.

We ended up going into OT tied 5-5 and I was able to steal the win in the shootout after Zetterberg was the only one who managed to score. All in all, a damn good game. The new division rivalry should make for some great games this season.

On a side note, the only other games I have remaining for this period are Philly and Boston.

Haha, yeah. The other thing the CPU does perfectly that I can't stand is dump the puck into the corner. When they do it, it bounces like a freaking ping pong ball. Even though I should clearly be able to get to it, settle it down, and get it out of the zone, I end up just standing there while the puck bounces beside me. And then they catch up and board play me. They seriously get a perfect bouncy puck every time. It's crazy.

Haha, yeah. The other thing the CPU does perfectly that I can't stand is dump the puck into the corner. When they do it, it bounces like a freaking ping pong ball. Even though I should clearly be able to get to it, settle it down, and get it out of the zone, I end up just standing there while the puck bounces beside me. And then they catch up and board play me. They seriously get a perfect bouncy puck every time. It's crazy.
Just wait until you have one bounce off the back glass, off the ice, and over the net and in off your goalie. All the EA fuckings don't amount to shit until that happens to you.

Just wait until you have one bounce off the back glass, off the ice, and over the net and in off your goalie. All the EA fuckings don't amount to shit until that happens to you.
Oh, come on. Don't you know that happens all the time. Read a book, man.

Intro_HRW.jpg

;)

Has this thing started yet, or are we still having issues?
Well, we're still waiting on a couple teams to join, but people have started playing their games. It was kind of an in between time, but we probably should put a deadline on the first group of games either way. I guess I'll still put it at one week even though many people have already gotten started. Let's just say I would be thrilled if we could advance early. Otherwise, the deadline will be 11/3.

Okay.  Not sure if I will be able to check it for the next few days, but if anyone has to play St. Louis let me know.

Ok, finally remembered to load up GM Connected to see where we stand in terms of what games are left. My apologies to Panoramic15. Not sure when you sent your join request, but I just added you now. Both of your games for this section of the schedule are against the CPU, you could easily knock those out tomorrow.

This is what I'm seeing is left:

Boston Bruins: None

Buffalo Sabres: None

Chicago Blackhawks: Blues (sendme)

Colorado Avalanche: None

Detroit Red Wings: Flyers (garrett007) who hasn't joined...feel free to play the CPU here

Los Angeles Kings: Wild (CPU), Jets (CPU)

Nashville Predators: None

New York Islanders: Devils (CPU), Blue Jackets (CPU)

New York Rangers: None

St. Louis Blues: Blackhawks (moojuice)

So, really...not that many games left...and only one that's a human vs human match up. Glad to see that. We'll be advancing tomorrow night (probably around midnight EST), so let's get these last few games wrapped up. No matter what happens, the schedule will keep moving. Everyone is expected to keep up.

Gonna try to get in a game with Sendme today, but if we can't, I'll play his CPU.

Which on that note, we have to Enable CPU games like last season

Yeah, this is definitely true because when I tried looking at the member list to see if I could do it myself, last night, the game locked up on me. This is the second time it has done that. I really hope that's not a bad sign.

Again, like last year, we all need to enable CPU play "just in case" we're ever not available and need to let our opponent play the computer. The commissioner has no power over this.

Ok, we have advanced to the next part of the schedule. Let's try for a 5 day deadline with these games. So, that would make 11/8 the last day to play games in this section. Just from what I looked over after we advanced, nothing seems catastrophically wrong so far. Some teams did better in their simmed games than others, obviously. But for the most part, things look pretty even.

And another reminder, all teams need to enable CPU play vs their team. To do this, just go to one of your games, press A to advance, and after it checks the rosters, you'll get a menu option. Go down to "Enable CPU and Simmed Games" and press A. Once you do it once, it will apply for all games. This is basically a precaution so no one team can hold the league hostage if they become difficult to reach. Even as commissioner, the game will not allow me to make these moves for you. The only thing I could do is boot you from the league.

It should go without saying that nobody should be playing any human team's CPU unless they're either given permission by that owner, or I tell them it's ok here in the thread. Just to make sure everyone is up to date on the status of teams. Tampa Bay's owner (Vulcan2422) dropped, and Philadelphia's owner has yet to rejoin. Unless I post about that changing in here, treat them as CPU teams.

Ok, hopefully that takes care of everything. Good luck to everyone as we continue moving forward.

Sorry moojuice I wasn't able to get on this weekend and forgot all about having to enable CPU play.  How do we do that this year?  I thought in 13 we just had one option and it made so that everyone that played you had the play CPU option.  Now all I see is play CPU, Play person, simulate game and enable CPU to simulate the game.  Where do I go and what is the option to set it up so everyone can play the CPU for my team if needed.

EDIT:  Never mind.  I should have read the post above mine.  I will do this when I get home tonight.  I might be able to get a game in tonight if needed.  I noticed I have 3 people to play so if you need St. Louis maybe we can work it out tonight.  I have to call the health insurance tonight and that wont be till around 5 central so I won't be able to play till I'm done with them ass holes.

Sigh, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Log in to play my first game after opening out of conference to see Nash, staal, and Boyle hurt and out for about ten games each. Thanks ea.

Just sent in my request, sorry this took so long my week was packed last week. this week is relatively easy for me at the moment so i should be able to get some games in.

Just sent in my request, sorry this took so long my week was packed last week. this week is relatively easy for me at the moment so i should be able to get some games in.
No problem at all. With as much trouble as we had getting this thing going, I could apologize to you too. Just glad that we're up and running (or limping with some of these injuries, lol) now. I'll get you added later today.

Anybody who plays the Flyers, feel free to start contacting garrett to set up your games.

I fucking hate the computer...  Good God it feels like I'm playing the assholes online.  1st game against Columbus I lose after giving up 6 goals on 17 shots (4 goals in the 1st on 7 shots).  2nd game I win late in the 3rd after pushing a defensemen into his own note and the puck goes in.  Again, gave up 3 goals on 11 shots.

That's why I think I will just let all games against the CPU or people that can't make it be simulated. I'm starting to find live the life more fun than anything else. Odd seeing how I hated all but hut last year.

Ok, finally remembered to load up GM Connected to see where we stand in terms of what games are left. My apologies to Panoramic15. Not sure when you sent your join request, but I just added you now. Both of your games for this section of the schedule are against the CPU, you could easily knock those out tomorrow.

This is what I'm seeing is left:

Boston Bruins: None
Buffalo Sabres: None
Chicago Blackhawks: Blues (sendme)
Colorado Avalanche: None
Detroit Red Wings: Flyers (garrett007) who hasn't joined...feel free to play the CPU here
Los Angeles Kings: Wild (CPU), Jets (CPU)
Nashville Predators: None
New York Islanders: Devils (CPU), Blue Jackets (CPU)
New York Rangers: None
St. Louis Blues: Blackhawks (moojuice)

So, really...not that many games left...and only one that's a human vs human match up. Glad to see that. We'll be advancing tomorrow night (probably around midnight EST), so let's get these last few games wrapped up. No matter what happens, the schedule will keep moving. Everyone is expected to keep up.
Lol its all good bro.

So what is the protocol for trades with the CPU?

I'd like to acquire a RW for my top line and I've got my eye on Bobby Ryan from Ottawa.

So what is the protocol for trades with the CPU?

I'd like to acquire a RW for my top line and I've got my eye on Bobby Ryan from Ottawa.
Propose the trade in here and it will be voted on. Unfortunately, we know we can't just trust people to not pull shenanigans of offering 3 1st round picks 3 seasons from now for a 1st line winger. Not saying that's your intention. Just the way these things go if not regulated.

Just signed on to play my CPU games and saw that during the sim games Mackinnon broke his leg and is out for 42 games. fuck you EA.
You just have to laugh. These games are such a joke at this point, it makes me feel better and better about my decision to gravitate toward PC gaming. Seriously, the only game even tempting me to want an Xbox One/PS4 is the new UFC game...and that's just because I want to roll around with Ronda Rousey. Wait...that came out wrong...oh, no, look at that. It didn't, lol. But yeah, I'm sure EA will fuck that up too. They don't make realistic sports games. They make arcadey games full of expoits and microtransactions. That's the state of sports gaming these days.

But like I said about the Madden league, the best we've got is just enjoying each other's company. Anybody who is here trying to play ultra competitive "win at all costs" hockey is not going to have a good time because I'm going to ride them like a horse (hmm...surprisingly, that also didn't come out wrong). This is a shitty game. And proving that you're "the best" at a shitty game is not an accomplishment. But if we can all at least acknowledge that (as pitfallharry said) we're basically playing Mario Party, and sometimes the bounces just go your way, we can still probably have a little bit of fun. We just need everyone to have the right attitude so we can get through this mess together.

Propose the trade in here and it will be voted on. Unfortunately, we know we can't just trust people to not pull shenanigans of offering 3 1st round picks 3 seasons from now for a 1st line winger. Not saying that's your intention. Just the way these things go if not regulated.
Is there any way to see if the CPU will even accept the trade before I post it in here?

Is there any way to see if the CPU will even accept the trade before I post it in here?
If I remember correctly from last year, that was the risk, the league might be ok with it but the computer might not want it.

If I remember correctly from last year, that was the risk, the league might be ok with it but the computer might not want it.
Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, I think the commissioner actually has to approve trades (one of the few good ideas the NHL team had). So, if he wants to just propose the trade in game to make sure the CPU will do it, that would be fine, since it would still have to be approved.

Okay, so I was going thru the trade block and it looks like CPU Tampa Bay was "interested in giving away" Marty St Louis so I proposed a trade with them.

BUF gets: RW St Louis 87 overall, age 38, 2 years left @ 5.625 mil

TB gets: C Grigorenko 75 overall, age 19, 4.5 gold star potential, 2 years left @ 1.775 mil (2012 first-round pick)

and 2014 First-round pick.

I proposed the trade and the CPU accepted it.  Now its up to you guys to vote if it's fair or not and Nate can veto if necessary.  My reasoning for the trade is that I am in desperate need for a first-line RW and C and this filled one of those holes.

Okay, so I was going thru the trade block and it looks like CPU Tampa Bay was "interested in giving away" Marty St Louis so I proposed a trade with them.

TB gets: C Grigorenko 75 overall, age 19, 4.5 gold star potential, 2 years left @ 1.775 mil (2012 first-round pick)

I proposed the trade and the CPU accepted it. Now its up to you guys to vote if it's fair or not and Nate can veto if necessary. My reasoning for the trade is that I am in desperate need for a first-line RW and C and this filled one of those holes.
I'll let others weigh in...but I'm not a fan of the "1 superstar for 3 prospects" trades when we have no idea if we'll even get through 2 seasons. Not to poo poo on your proposal, but this is almost the exact example I mentioned above, lol.

EDIT - I R Retarded...see below, lol. :lol:

This game...I just...I don't even know. Just played shazo again, and wow...more super arcade-a-thon. I win the faceoff, and immediately, my d-man (Kevin Klein) gets smashed by AI David Backes and is injured (later discovered to be a 16 game concussion...no penalty, no suspension, haha).

This apparently enraged my team, as they just completely erupted and scored 4 goals on 9 shots in the period. I'm pretty sure I scored on my first shot...which came off a turnover that Eric Nystrom held in the zone and then rocketed a slapshot, stick-side past Jaroslav Halak. Nashville went on to win 7-0...on 25 shots, giving Halak a blistering 72% save percentage (look out world, lol).

I did have a fairly significant time on attack advantage...and Rinne stopped 13 of 13...but 72% for Halak is retarded. There were definitely times where he deserved to get beat (odd man rushes, etc). But some of it was just simple slapshots with no screen. Apparently, today, all of the Mario Party stars belonged to me. Anyway, good game, sendme. Sorry you had to endure that. Appreciate you taking the time to play and not throwing your Xbox out the window, lol.

I wanted to. I really wanted to in hut when he was letting them in, in the 1st and 2nd. Seems like when hits do nothing but cause you to bounce off the other player and the other team gets the best damn puck control the damn thing is going in. This was all on Rickie. I want a nhl2k game. This shit from ea is getting stupid. All it seems like anything from ea is just about the trying to make as much cash as they can and fix nothing. The same is happening with simcity. On a plus Pittsburgh lost to the rangers so that's good.

I proposed the trade and the CPU accepted it. Now its up to you guys to vote if it's fair or not and Nate can veto if necessary. My reasoning for the trade is that I am in desperate need for a first-line RW and C and this filled one of those holes.
I'm OK with this. Yeah, we aren't sure about a second season, but we can't rule it out either. There was at least a partial second season anyways last year, so it's likely TB would get some kind of benefit. St Louis is probably going to retire soon anyways based off EA logic.

bread's done
Back