CAGLS: Official NHL 14 Online Franchise - Random Rosters - Play ALL Human Opponents - Schedule Section #5 Due 4/9!

I say again...you would think EA doesn't ever test anything. How many times did we advance before noticing that the injuries were crazy? Twice maybe? So, EA could have figured this out in like 10 minutes, lol.

Alternatively, I suppose they could think that it's realistic for star players to get injured every couple games. Ultimately, there's just no motivation to fix things or change anything when there's no competing product. And there's no telling if that will ever be any different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it... I actually won against all 3 of my CPU games this period.

I guess it helped that Andersson was hurt for Ottawa.  I know Pavel was glad as I went off on Lehner and had 5 goals with Datsyuk. 3 of which were deflections.  Howard actually pitched shutouts in two of my games too.  Stopped a combined 19 shots against Washington and Ottawa.  Unfortunately I couldn't hurt Ovi despite my game plan of, "Nail Ovechkin every time he steps on the ice."

So I'm proposing a trade to the CPU, they are willing to accept it and it meets league approval (which I guess means in terms of salary? I dunno).

NYR trade: D Michael Del Zotto: Age 23, overall 84, potential 4 stars (green), salary 2.25 Million, 1 year left, RFA.

LW Taylor Pyatt: Age 32, overall 77, potential 3 stars (White), salary 1.55 million, 1 year left, UFA

2014 second-round pick

EDM sends: RW Nail Yakupov: Age 20, overall 83, potential 4.5 stars (yellow), salary 3.45 million, 2 years left, RFA

D Philip Larsen: Age 23, overall 79, potential 3.5 stars (yellow), salary 1.025 million, 1 year left, RFA

Both Del Zotto and the 2nd rounder meet the requirements of what Edmonton is looking for per their trade block. 

For that Rangers - Oilers trade, what are the cap spaces for the teams?

Also, I just want to reiterate a couple things....

Everyone should be contacting their opponents. If we all have an attitude of "my opponent will contact me", nothing will get done. This should be stating the obvious.

ALL TEAMS must enable CPU play. If for whatever reason, you're unreachable, you shouldn't be able to hold your game hostage and/or receive a free win out of it. EA, in its infinite wisdom did not give me power as a commissioner to put you on auto pilot or enable CPU play for you.

The only thing I can do is boot you from the league so your opponent can play your team....which requires me to get to my Xbox...load up NHL 14...navigate all the way through the GM Connected menus to boot your team. I'll give everybody one free pass on this. But if I have to boot you a second time, it may be awhile before you get an invite back.

Got on to play some hut as I had them then started to check GM connected and power went out. My power is back at times and my internet at home doesn't work at all. I get nothing from sprint or wifi. However at the laundry mat I get internet. Will try to be on again if I can. Still need to check the league.

I will have to drop if I can't get a router.  My new one is no longer working after the storm the St. Louis area had yesterday.  Right now I'm connected directly into the modem for internet, so the only thing that is getting internet here is the computer.

I guess I was pretty lucky but it has run out. Last block of games 2 of my 1st liners injured. Beregeron out for 30 games with a broken rib. Marchand also out only like 6 games.

Still I think Boston is pretty lucky considering they still have Marc Savard on their roster even tho he hasn't played a game in a few years.  Also some awesome young ones like Soderburg and Reily Smith. Will be fun to work those guys into the lineup.

I guess I was pretty lucky but it has run out. Last block of games 2 of my 1st liners injured. Beregeron out for 30 games with a broken rib. Marchand also out only like 6 games.

Still I think Boston is pretty lucky considering they still have Marc Savard on their roster even tho he hasn't played a game in a few years. Also some awesome young ones like Soderburg and Reily Smith. Will be fun to work those guys into the lineup.
Haha yea I remember when I played u I was thinking Marc Savard, WTF?!?

Bad thing is I just bought it last month. I thought it was the ac68u that I had. I looked it. Up on best buys rewards and I bought the ac68r. So I can take it back. If it was the other one I would have to send it in because the 15 days are up and I have only spent 600 bucks at best buy this year. I'm going to try and take it back tonight.
Well, that's good. If you don't have your stuff on a reliable surge protector though, I'd pick up one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-BE112230-08-12-Outlet-Protector-Protection/dp/B000J2EN4S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1384807404&sr=8-4&keywords=belkin+surge+protector

Routers aren't exactly the most reliable devices in the world (though, I've had mine for 4 years now *knock on wood*). But assuming you've got other valuable electronics plugged in nearby, having legitimate surge protection is no joke. I've had scares in the past with my TV (wouldn't turn back on for a few minutes) and my PC (blew out the power supply), and that woke my ass up to getting more than a $5 "power strip" from Wal-Mart.

I don't know that I would say it's necessary to go crazy with the $80 Monster brand ones and whatever that exist, but I've got two of these Belkins (one for entertainment center, one for my PC) and they've served me very well. Giving you 12 outlets for only the space of one plug is pretty awesome too.

So what's the word on Rangers-Oilers trade?
In my opinion it's decently close...maybe a little in New York's favor because Yakupov is pretty much a can't miss stud. Somebody refresh my memory on the color of the stars for potential though.

I would like others to weigh in though...as I'm not 100% sold.

IIRC, Green means very likely to hit potential, yellow=50/50, red=longshot. I think.

No objections to trade from me.
White must mean "potential reached" then since Pyatt is 32. That makes sense.

It's hard not to look at Yakupov as a potential Ovechkin like player...being an 83 OVR at 20 years old. But at the same time, I have no idea how quickly he'll develop. Considering a very successful year for us would be playing 3 seasons...I think that balances out any favor that may have tipped the Rangers way.

Well, that's good. If you don't have your stuff on a reliable surge protector though, I'd pick up one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-BE112230-08-12-Outlet-Protector-Protection/dp/B000J2EN4S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1384807404&sr=8-4&keywords=belkin+surge+protector

Routers aren't exactly the most reliable devices in the world (though, I've had mine for 4 years now *knock on wood*). But assuming you've got other valuable electronics plugged in nearby, having legitimate surge protection is no joke. I've had scares in the past with my TV (wouldn't turn back on for a few minutes) and my PC (blew out the power supply), and that woke my ass up to getting more than a $5 "power strip" from Wal-Mart.

I don't know that I would say it's necessary to go crazy with the $80 Monster brand ones and whatever that exist, but I've got two of these Belkins (one for entertainment center, one for my PC) and they've served me very well. Giving you 12 outlets for only the space of one plug is pretty awesome too.

I had it plugged into one, just didn't have the network cable in it. Hell I didn't even think about that. I have both TVs on one also. I bought one last night that has a 6 hour battery in it for up to 4 devices. The storm yesterday had power going on and of 3 or 4 times at one time. Never had that happen before. Everything was trying to come back on then going back off. Brand is cyber power. I'm on my phone now bouncing back and forth from 3g to 1x. I plan on plugging up the router tomorrow.

Brandon, I can't get a PM to go through for some reason, but please let me know if you can play tonight. I thought all my games were against the east, but you and I have one scheduled.

I had it plugged into one, just didn't have the network cable in it. Hell I didn't even think about that. I have both TVs on one also. I bought one last night that has a 6 hour battery in it for up to 4 devices. The storm yesterday had power going on and of 3 or 4 times at one time. Never had that happen before. Everything was trying to come back on then going back off. Brand is cyber power. I'm on my phone now bouncing back and forth from 3g to 1x. I plan on plugging up the router tomorrow.
Oh, wow. So you've got a UPS then. Well, that should have been plenty good enough, haha. I've thought about getting one, but just haven't had a real need. As long as my devices are protected, that's good enough for me. If the power goes out, I'll just read a book or something, lol. Hope you're back up and running tomorrow.

Oh, wow. So you've got a UPS then. Well, that should have been plenty good enough, haha. I've thought about getting one, but just haven't had a real need. As long as my devices are protected, that's good enough for me. If the power goes out, I'll just read a book or something, lol. Hope you're back up and running tomorrow.

No, I just bought one. I will have to take it back though because what I thought was for the network cable is really just for phone/DSL and I have cable for my internet. I really only need it so I can shut everything down for the times that the power doesn't stay off. Sunday it would go off then come back on then go off and then come back on. It would do that 2 or 3 times then stay off or stay on for a few minutes and start back up. I don't want my computer that I just built over the summer to go out because the power wouldn't just go out. I figure as long as it is on the battery backup I have time to shut it all down. I just got the new router connected and I'm wondering if all I needed to do was install the software again. I was having the same issue with it as the old one till I put the disc in and ran it. Odd that a power outage would cause that to happen. Now I need to figure out how to get this damn HP printer to connect to it. It connected once and now it doesn't see it at all.

Ok, we have advanced to schedule section #5. Here's where we stood with unplayed games this last section.

Boston: None

Buffalo: Flyers (garrett007), Red Wings (AttackingMVP)

Chicago: None

Colorado: Blues (shazo), Kings (X Matt Young X)

Detroit: Islanders (RevCottonMarcus), Sabres (twick87)

Los Angeles: Avalanche (DarkTower80)

Nashville: None

NY Islanders: Red Wings (AttackingMVP), Maple Leafs (CPU), Penguins (CPU), Flyers (garrett007) - Not sure what happened here. No games played. Need to see a little more here.

NY Rangers: None

Philadelphia: Senators (CPU), Penguins (CPU), Senators (CPU), Sabres (twick87), Islanders (RevCottonMarcus) - See ya later, garrett...nothing personal. But this is ridiculous. You're wasting everybody's time.

St. Louis: Coyotes (CPU), Avalanche (DarkTower80), Stars (CPU) - I know shazo had internet trouble this week, so I'm giving him a pass here. But I'm hoping things will improve for him this week.

The deadline for this next section of games will be 11/23.

Internet was fine till I started to play Sunday.  I got one game of HUT in and then went to check the league.  That's when it all went to hell.  Providing we don't have the storms like we did over the weekend I will be able to play this week.  I will check tomorrow, but if anyone has to play St. Louis let me know if I don't contact you by tomorrow night.

It's time again to play everyone's favorite EA Sports gameshow....

Who Did You Lose?!?!

Ryan Ellis - Separated Shoulder - 33 Games

Thanks, EA! :D

Another wonderful offering from EA. I just noticed that at the start of the last block, end of the first one, I somehow lost Carl Hagelin on waivers even though I never tried to send him down. This fucking game is fucking moronic, EA should be ashamed.

Well, it doesn't look that bad for me.  I'm only out Steen for 6 games now, Stewart for 4 games and Berglund for one game.  

Another wonderful offering from EA. I just noticed that at the start of the last block, end of the first one, I somehow lost Carl Hagelin on waivers even though I never tried to send him down. This fucking game is fucking moronic, EA should be ashamed.
Did you use that option to let the CPU fix broken lines for you? IIRC, that's what happened last year, someone else ran into the same thing.

Did you use that option to let the CPU fix broken lines for you? IIRC, that's what happened last year, someone else ran into the same thing.
I'm about 95% sure I set this to off when creating the league because I didn't want stuff like that to happen. Not sure if it has to be set on an individual level though.

If it's not that, it would have to be a byproduct of just simming the games and all the injuries that occur. If it gets to the point where your team is ineligible to play because of not having enough position players, simming forward may force the CPU to move somebody. Either way, there's no good solution. "Hey, if you don't like it...play 82 games per season + playoffs...in 3-4 months. Oh, and then do that again 1-2 more times. Oh, and while you're playing, you're going to get trolled by the CPU teams, and half of your players are going to get injured. Have a good time!"

Just to give everybody a good laugh, I came across this while browsing through the menus trying to see if there was anything I could do to move players around with all the injuries (since you can't send them down).[customspoiler='#orlyEA']
4w5o.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Can anyone tell me if they got a notification about a Ranger on waivers? I don't see any listed in my team transactions, but I wouldn't put it past EA to not notify the team when they wreck their roster either.

This sucks. I have a  50 overall player playing RW on my 4th line and I can't do anything about it because any roster move would put me over the cap.

Oi. Managed to fix it but what a headache. Had to send down a defenseman who shouldn't have been up and the 50-rated (30-year-old, Yikes!) forward and call up who I wanted.

Oi. Managed to fix it but what a headache. Had to send down a defenseman who shouldn't have been up and the 50-rated (30-year-old, Yikes!) forward and call up who I wanted.
Honestly, it'll be Interesting to see what happens after this season when contracts expire and teams actually have some financial flexibility (not to mention seeing how young players develop).

I made one move, and that involved sending down Rich Clune and signing a $500k defenseman just so the game won't keep trying to put a winger back there when somebody gets hurt (I have 2 d-men out right now).

There were several guys in free agency I'd like to offer deals to...but when they're wanting $3M for one year, it's virtually impossible.

You know what would help a lot of these problems. If EA let us set our rosters before the games were actually played, in that block in late September.

bread's done
Back