CAGLS: Official NHL 14 Online Franchise - Random Rosters - Play ALL Human Opponents - Schedule Section #5 Due 4/9!

This fucking game...

I'm up 2-1 on the Sharks in the 3rd period...then they score 4 goals on 7 shots and I lose 5-3. I actually outshot them 10-7 in the 3rd, but ya know...why should that mean anything?

I did at least enjoy people ripping EA apart on the NHL Facebook page today though. EA actually recommended people buy NHL 14 for their friends for Christmas, and everybody was all like "But I like my friends..." It was pretty amusing.

All right, we have advanced to the next section of the schedule. Here are the games that did not get played.

Boston: None

Chicago: None

Colorado: None

Detroit: None

Los Angeles: None

Nashville: None

NY Rangers: Columbus (I'm guessing Rob forgot Columbus is in the East again, lol...since he played all his other CPU games)

St. Louis: None

Rob with the broken bat dribbler in the 9th to break up the perfect game, lol. Just kidding. I know you've been sick. Feel better, man.

The deadline for this next section will be 12/16.

I was actually in the middle of the Columbus game when you advanced. So of course I was having one of my best games of the season, all for naught lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that lose was a huge swing. By losing I dropped to 9th in the Eastern Conference. Had I won, I'd be 5th, which is where Columbus is now. Basically that game flip-flopped us.

I was actually in the middle of the Columbus game when you advanced. So of course I was having one of my best games of the season, all for naught lol.
Oh, whoops, lol. Trying to advance two leagues on the same night has me rushing a bit. What happened though? lol. Did it just kick you out of the game?

It amazes me how :

1) Three years later and the dead spot in the net still exists. Seriously, how do they keep missing this?

2) An injury to a D-man gives the game an excuse to change my 4th line RW.

Oh well, at least I injured Claude Giroux for 41 games.

I said something very similar last night in regards to using boardplay to make your skater impervious to contact. "Oh, no. He's boardplaying the puck. It's a good thing a 200lb body skating into him at full speed has no effect." How long has that been in the game? Right, ever since they introduced board play. Mentally deficient games for mentally deficient people. I think we don't even realize how long that's been EA's business model. We're just used to it at this point.

Looks like Anaheim is trying to trade me selanne for 2 younger players. Phil mcrae and nick Walters. I was tempted to see about trading Stewart instead if everyone was okay with it and if the game would accept it. Only now I'm not sure.

As long as the two prospects are at least 3 star, I wouldn't have any issues.

For Stewart, if you mean 1 for 1, I wouldn't be against it, but wouldn't you kinda be getting the short end of that deal? Granted EA logic is it's own thing, but Selanne is probably going to retire pretty darn soon.

All depends on how long we play, but I don't think I'm going to do it.

Just played a game in hut and it seems like EA has made it so that some players have to score. Ovechkin ended up getting 4 goals and even when hit he wasn't going down. Poke checking was also pointless. Also why is it that some times you can't play eahl teams in hut?

Just played a game in hut and it seems like EA has made it so that some players have to score. Ovechkin ended up getting 4 goals and even when hit he wasn't going down. Poke checking was also pointless. Also why is it that some times you can't play eahl teams in hut?
Not sure that I'm understanding your question. EASHL is EA Sports Hockey League...which is the team mode for people to play together, each playing a different position.

Yeah, I had it wrong.  It is EAUSHL or something close to that.  It is all the teams people have made with the players and not the real teams.  I rather play that than the CPU stick me with playing against Chicago every time I play HUT.  I really don't like having to play Chicago or changing the team every time I play a CPU game of HUT.

Got your PM JZA and played the game.  Completely my fault there on not getting you a message.  I thought the last time I checked the league was the morning after we advanced and I thought I only had one Eastern game.

On another note, I was glad to see the HUT Premium Player pack up today when I got on.  I ended up buying 2 packs with pucks and actually forked over the $10 for a 3rd.  I scored another Gaborik in one of the packs which I ended up turning around and selling for 150k pucks and bought 3 more of the packs with that money.  Biggest non-duplicate highlights for the packs today were a TOTW Kessel that is 90 OVR, a Suter Movember that is 92 OVR, Cam Ward, Kari Lehtonen, and Peters TOTW which is a low 82 OVR but the actual ratings are a lot higher so who knows how the 82 was figured since all the ratings were 85 or 86 and higher.

All right, guys. Sorry. We've advanced a day late. Though, we're about to run into the holidays and will have to have a long week coming up soon anyway (I'll be gone from 12/24-12/30). Here are the games that didn't get played this week.

Boston: None

Chicago: None

Colorado: Predators (I know what happened here...and it's called Payday 2, lol)

Detroit: None

Los Angeles: None

Nashville: Avalanche

NY Rangers: None

St. Louis: None

The next deadline will be 12/22.

EA psychics
I just couldn't believe the sequence of events. Decent shot to begin with. Goalie saves it. Pops up in the air, AI dman reacts quick enough to glove it and pull it down. Knocks it off the goalie while pulling it down, sending the puck floating back toward my player. My player reacts quick enough, one timing the puck in mid air toward an open net. Goalie says "fuck all of you" and flips his glove out, snatching the puck away.

I seriously just bursted into laughter when I saw that. It was so stupid, I couldn't react any other way.

Your video, on the other hand, is probably the other side of "EA Psychics". The goalie just knew to get out of the way. It's that stupid "anticipation" shit that EA brags about. Instead of playing his position properly and defending the most likely shot, EA programmed the goalies to worry about what the player "might" do. So, giving players poor fundamentals now passes for "realism".

Of course.  Sign on to check my games for the block and Hejda has a back injury and is out for around 50 games and in the 1 CPU game I played Stasny got hurt on a check after the puck was long gone and is out for quite a while too.  I had just gotten the other players like MacKinnon back.  You would think they might patch this eventually (oh right, patch called NHL 15 "now with slightly less ridiculous injuries" edition.

Of course. Sign on to check my games for the block and Hejda has a back injury and is out for around 50 games and in the 1 CPU game I played Stasny got hurt on a check after the puck was long gone and is out for quite a while too. I had just gotten the other players like MacKinnon back. You would think they might patch this eventually (oh right, patch called NHL 15 "now with slightly less ridiculous injuries" edition.
Other big injuries I noticed while scrolling through the teams were Datsyuk and Yakupov. Both are out 40+ games. It's incredible how many guys have "Post Concussion Syndrome". The way EA handles injuries, it would lead you to believe that almost every player misses half the season.

Other big injuries I noticed while scrolling through the teams were Datsyuk and Yakupov. Both are out 40+ games. It's incredible how many guys have "Post Concussion Syndrome". The way EA handles injuries, it would lead you to believe that almost every player misses half the season.
fuck me... I hadn't seen that yet.

Post Concussion syndrome sucks but it's nice to see it added. Perron was scared to get back out there after his and so are a lot of others. 

Post Concussion syndrome sucks but it's nice to see it added. Perron was scared to get back out there after his and so are a lot of others.
Yeah...but there are like 25 players in our league right now who are out with it. The injuries are insane. I would say at least 2/3 of the teams have at least 4 players out.

Worse then 13?
I don't know that I'd say worse. Probably about the same. And for some reason, it seems like certain players are just more prone to injuries. I'm honestly not even sure if there's an "injury rating" like there is in Madden. But some guys definitely seem to miss more time than they actually play. And I know several teams have had players get hurt more than once.

And yet another huge fuck you to EA.  Was playing my last CPU game last night and the game dropped somehow in the 2nd intermission while I was up 4-0.  Played it again this morning and Varly gave up 4 goals on his first 9 shots and I lost 4-3.  Same exact goal on 3 of the 4, drive the net from the side and watch the goalie jump off the post to cover a cross crease pass to nobody and leave the near side open.

Not sure when I will be back on. The hours they have me on should stop on Christmas Eve, but with the way things are happening I don't think it will. I will know for sure on the 26th. So unless I can get the games against the CPU done on Christmas they might not be played, and if you have to play St. Louis it will have to be against the CPU unless it is on my one day off. Only issue is I don't know when that day off will be other than Christmas. However this could all change on the 26th, but again I don't see it happening.

All right, guys. I advanced us to the next section of the schedule (past the Olympics) so people will at least have something to do over the holiday. I'm going to be going out of town in about 5 hours until the 30th, so just hang tight until then. Hope everyone has a good holiday!

So finally the crazy shitshow that is EA came up to help me get a goal.  Here's the back drop for what you are about to see.  I was on the power play and had a delayed tripping penalty coming up against me at the time it was 1-1 midway through the 1st... Instead of trying to go 4 on 4 for a minute and then getting a minute power play this genius I'm playing against decides he's going to get cute and use his international ice to get a full 2 minute power play.  Unfortunately for him, it didn't work that way.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/180733122

Kessel ended up getting credited with the goal, but I don't remember if he was the one that made the hit or had it bounce of his face/chest.  Oh and in case you were wondering the goal was reviewed for being hit off the glove. 

After that goal I proceeded to trounce him and ended up winning 6-1. After the game he had the nerve to bitch about this one goal, and say that had I not got that one I never would have got the other 4. Even though everyone I touched the puck he took a run at my players before and after they had the puck, leaving me with multiple breakaway and odd man rushes that led to 4 of the 6 goals in the game.

I wish there was an asshat deterrent for situations when peoplel try to exploit the game and make them score on themselves like in the that
Yea, I've had some real douchebags the past couple of days. I think a big part of it is that I am in Division 2 now for HUT and it seems like a majority of them go for the wrister exploit or what seems to be the new easy goal of tapping the quick deke and firing a snap or wrister as soon as you complete the deke. I will say that the last tuner set seemed to improve the goalies awareness towards the wrister. I have seen a lot fewer goals in HUT from people trying it. Before I would see 2-3 per game now I see maybe 1 every 2 games. It's hilarious too because you see people trying it non stop and it usually ends up hitting off the blocker and after awhile frustration sets in and they start going for hits to give me breakaways.

Now to hope for one of those nice Holiday packs today like they did on Halloween. I have 100k pucks burning a hole in my pocket.

On a side note.. The more and more I play this game the more and more I don't understand EA's rating system. So it seems lately the go to goalie in HUT is Missianen (or however the hell you spell it) from Connecticut of the AHL. He's rated 62 OVR and all of his individual ratings are: 72, 74, 79, 73, 73.

The games I played vs human in this league my passing isn't the same as when I play vs the computer.  As soon as I hit right trigger it passes vs human. But when I pass vs the computer and any other mode the longer I hold right trigger and then let go the harder the pass.  Is that intended in this league? Or is something glitching?

All right...getting us back on track for the new year. We have advanced to the next section of the schedule.

I have also received a second complaint about cikas' (Boston) play style. It has been referred to as "cheesy" and "dangle-fest". I really wish I could look at box scores to get a better picture because I feel like time on attack numbers would tell us a lot. But if you're not setting up legitimate plays and cycling the puck the way a real hockey team would, you're going to be bounced from this league.

This is a terrible hockey game. Nobody here should be trying to show people how "good" they are by rushing into the zone, holding the puck out to the side and beating stupid programming. If this keeps coming up, it will be dealt with.

The deadline for this next schedule block will be 1/9.

Ya you are right it is a terrible hockey game online especially with how laggy it is online in this mode.  Also having problems with that pass issue doesn't help.  Can't do any passing plays at all when you can't pass the puck hard.  Unfortunately almost everyone in the East dropped.  Wish there were more people to play in the East.  

Ya you are right it is a terrible hockey game online especially with how laggy it is online in this mode. Also having problems with that pass issue doesn't help. Can't do any passing plays at all when you can't pass the puck hard. Unfortunately almost everyone in the East dropped. Wish there were more people to play in the East.
Well, what I was more referring to was the physics. I think a lot of people who play (and enjoy) this game don't even think about these things. The puck is as magnetic as ever. Making a good defensive play can at times hurt you more than just not doing anything since a blocked shot/pass will pull the goalie in the wrong direction, and often gets redirected right to another player on the offensive team, giving them an easy shot.

On top of that, redirects almost ALWAYS go toward the net (except when the puck hits off the goalies pads and just bounces right back in front). If people would specifically watch and count the number of times a puck gets directed toward the boards, they'd probably be shocked. There's hardly ever a loose puck in this game.

Then, even the times when you are in position and do the right thing, the puck will clip through sticks/body parts in its relentless quest toward the net. I've compared this many times to a baseball game where you could swing the bat through the ball and have it called a strike. Or hitting a ball through an outfield wall and just being able to continue running. EA boasts about the "Sports Game of the Year" awards that NHL gets...but when you think about it in those terms, no game would get away with that.

And that doesn't even scratch the surface. AI issues, size "mattering", and all the other nonsense that EA alleges that they've worked on. It's a trash game. But it's the only hockey we have. This is why people in this league need to be flexing their sportsmanship rather than their dominance. Like I said, I don't know the tale of the tape since I can't look at box scores. But everyone should be playing a realistic style. And if anyone has numerous complaints against them that they do not play that way, it will force my hand.

Ya I agree with you.  Just wondering about the passing issue still does anyone else have that issue? Or am I the only one? Or is it intentional?  

bread's done
Back