CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']here's my personal favorite... I have used about 3 of them (2 for art shows and 1 for personal use) and they work fantastic...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS-PS2-USB-Dual...1QQihZ011QQcategoryZ41059QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can always put a PS2 arcade stick to use on the device as well.[/QUOTE]

i use something similar to this, but in the past i've used a usb controller shaped like an snes controller..

the microsoft sidewinder is a pretty decent pc controller too

[quote name='halu102']Yeah, unfortunately no arcades in my neck of the woods, and no more real 2d fighter fans either. 'Tis a sad sad thing.[/quote]

it says you're from chula vista. there are a number of 3s fans in the area that are really trying to create a scene in sd. there's also a top 8 evo finisher in cvs2 who lives in rancho bernardo, and a bunch of GG heads in oceanside and mira mesa. plaza hosts some good mvc2 players as well.

and markman is the shit for promoting the hell out of tekken in the SD region.

cardfighters promo video alongside some other SNK DS titles:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GELcmkF3WBE[/media]

also someone playing cardfighters, but obviously has no idea how to play the game:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5ynQUs1lE[/media]

and for nostalgia sake (which runs chopy due to emulations):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3pPN6URSk[/media]

... and I still cry when seeing this thing died :(

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUc83cbOixo[/media]

[quote name='kainzero']it says you're from chula vista. there are a number of 3s fans in the area that are really trying to create a scene in sd. there's also a top 8 evo finisher in cvs2 who lives in rancho bernardo, and a bunch of GG heads in oceanside and mira mesa. plaza hosts some good mvc2 players as well.

and markman is the shit for promoting the hell out of tekken in the SD region.[/QUOTE]
Oh crap, I forgot to update my location, well, now I go to UCSD and am living in an apartment nearby. But Mira Mesa you say? hmmm, sounds good, I should get the exact location of any GG machines around here, but it's sure to be at least a 15 min drive, or 30 rather, I'm pretty bad at directions.

I was trying to find the guys in san diego, specifically the ones in Oceanside, but I can barely find them, and Oceanside is kinda far away -_-;. But Mira Mesa sounds promising.

I just wish they still had an arcade over at UTC, that was the shizniet back in the day.

There are a ton of 3S/CVS2 players up North. Well not a ton, but there are ppl that play. I suggest you visit shoryuken.com and post in the SD thread there. I'm sure you'll find competition.

[quote name='DomLando']Can't wait for cardfighters. Is there a firm release day yet?[/QUOTE]

supposedly it got changed from october 2nd, to early febuary... I'm guessing it's so that more cards can be added since the original announcement was 200 cards and it has changed to 400 cards.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']supposedly it got changed from october 2nd, to early febuary... I'm guessing it's so that more cards can be added since the original announcement was 200 cards and it has changed to 400 cards.[/QUOTE]
For 200 more cards I can wait.

[quote name='DomLando']For 200 more cards I can wait.[/QUOTE]

totally agreed. I also am wishing but highly doubt it, but Wifi play may be a possability.

so far the Falcoon art is turing out pretty good. I like that the cards are bigger now as well. Let's just hope new gameplay elements don't ruin the game.

i used to catch flicks at the chula vista mall and hit up tilt there for some mvc1, though it was just usually scrubs.. is that place still there?

Many a time I have lent out my neogeo pocket to allow friends to experience the greatness that is card fighter. If they mess it up for the ds I will be very upset.

looks like I'm gonna be a DS owner for a little bit...getting one in a trade that I planned to sell right away, but I gotta try out Card Fighters :)

[quote name='kristianator']i used to catch flicks at the chula vista mall and hit up tilt there for some mvc1, though it was just usually scrubs.. is that place still there?[/QUOTE]

It's still there, but sadly no one plays there anymore. There's a lil MVC2 but that's about it.

Most people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt down the way now... they have:

2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 machines
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

Among other fighting games... all they need is 3S and ST O_O.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's still there, but sadly no one plays there anymore. There's a lil MVC2 but that's about it.

Most people play at Plaza Bonita Tilt down the way now... they have:

2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 machines
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

Among other fighting games... all they need is 3S and ST O_O.[/quote]

Nice. I haven't been to Plaza Bonita in forever, I'll have to check it out when I'm town next time.

[quote name='yukine']Nice. I haven't been to Plaza Bonita in forever, I'll have to check it out when I'm town next time.[/QUOTE]

i haven't been able to find a great steak and potato as bomb as the one i used to hit up in plaza bonita.

[quote name='kristianator']i haven't been able to find a great steak and potato as bomb as the one i used to hit up in plaza bonita.[/QUOTE]

And that's the truth.

I'm amazed at how many ppl have come through San Diego! :)

There's quite a few of us lol.

But yea there are three 3S machines. One at Nickel City off Carmel Mountain Rd. off the 15 FWY. The other at SDSU. And the final one at a movie theater in Chula Vista. lol.

[quote name='MarkMan']And that's the truth.

But yea there are three 3S machines. One at Nickel City off Carmel Mountain Rd. off the 15 FWY. The other at SDSU. And the final one at a movie theater in Chula Vista. lol.[/quote]

Well, I was born and raised in San Diego until about a year or two ago, things got too expensive, so we had to move to Arizona.

I still visit often though, to visit family and what not. :D

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You know, the MUGEN "community" is really retarded at times.

http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net/

Is it just me or is it damn hypocritical to say that when they take sprites from other companies games without authorization?[/QUOTE]

I saw this post in the previous thread, I guess Guile didn't see the new thread yet. Anyways I agree, this is very hypocritical. Plus if they aren't making money off of it I see no problem. I thought MUGEN was a community were people shared sprites, BGs and ideas.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I saw this post in the previous thread, I guess Guile didn't see the new thread yet. Anyways I agree, this is very hypocritical. Plus if they aren't making money off of it I see no problem. I thought MUGEN was a community were people shared sprites, BGs and ideas.[/QUOTE]

sounds like the owner is PMSing

Famitsu review of Guilty Gear DS:
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers (NDS, Arc System Works): 8, 6, 6, 7 - (27/40)

Did they get a better version than us? Cause it's wasn't that good.

Haha, I don't think so. I also admit that GG DS was not very good at all. Maybe it's the Guilty Gear fanbase over there, I suppose.

[quote name='halu102']Haha, I don't think so. I also admit that GG DS was not very good at all. Maybe it's the Guilty Gear fanbase over there, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Well since 90% of the population owns a DS, there must be a lot of multiplayer going on.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I saw this post in the previous thread, I guess Guile didn't see the new thread yet. Anyways I agree, this is very hypocritical. Plus if they aren't making money off of it I see no problem. I thought MUGEN was a community were people shared sprites, BGs and ideas.[/QUOTE]

Aren't most mugen character rips copyrighted characters from SNK, Capcom, and etc.? Hmmmmmmm......

[quote name='opportunity777']Aren't most mugen character rips copyrighted characters from SNK, Capcom, and etc.? Hmmmmmmm......[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's what was so hypocritical about his request of not wanting people to host his creations he did.

However the people that actually convert characters to Mugen and edit the ripped sprites think it's not hypocritical. They seem to justify it by saying they put many hours of work in creating this character and it's considered fan art. They believe they own the code to the edited character sprite. And while I agree and belive credit is due to them, they have to realize MUGEN's base principle is to "create your own fighter by borrowing other people's work." There's always gonna be a-holes that want to steal your work and pass it as thier own, but if you're an active part of the MUGEN community people will know who you are and give you the credit you "think" you deserve. It's better to just shurg it off instead of crying about it.

I got my review copy of GG Judgement for PSP today and played the beat-em-up for about 20 min today and say it's pretty fun. It definitly feels like what a GG beat-em-up should.

and yes, that Mugen guy needs to get out of high school...

I still want news on that KoF DS game...

[quote name='crystalklear64']Dunno if you guys speak about this in your thread... what about some Kaillera action with some of these games?[/QUOTE]

UMK3 or XvSF and I'm down.

[quote name='MarkMan']And that's the truth.

But yea there are three 3S machines. One at Nickel City off Carmel Mountain Rd. off the 15 FWY. The other at SDSU. And the final one at a movie theater in Chula Vista. lol.[/quote]

there's another one up north, i think. boomers in vista, but it's far.

i heard the damage was all messed up... like you can do 8 gj combos. har

some of my latest fighter pickups for my collection.

King of fighters evolution x2
SF alpha 3
Primal Rage (longbox)
Tekken 1

all psx

and shaq fu for genesis
if anyone has an fighters for trade or for very cheap, let me know

[quote name='jimfoley16']Anyone bored and good w/ photo editing programs? I want this picture resized so that I could use it as my avatar, but I'm horrible with Photoshop/Gimp etc...

http://bohyou.vis.ne.jp/neogeo/aof/eban01.jpg

I'd really appreciate it![/quote]

eban01bk9.gif

Is that good?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so UMK3 will probably hit live on the 9th, 10th, or 11th?[/QUOTE]

Probably the 10th which I believe is a Wednesday... they want to keep XBLA Wednesday's alive, I've heard.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so UMK3 will probably hit live on the 9th, 10th, or 11th?[/QUOTE]

October 10th? No way! That's to good to be true.

since they haven't said anything, I'm just assuming they'll release it sometime next year.

A little off topic, but if anyone actually cared about the New Fist of the North Star show, Righstuf has the DVDs for $5 each (3 discs total.) Awesome deal... show's badass. And it's really angry too.

On a side note, I finished Yakuza yesterday and it really was a great game. Go git' it.

[quote name='Chacrana']A little off topic, but if anyone actually cared about the New Fist of the North Star show, Righstuf has the DVDs for $5 each (3 discs total.) Awesome deal... show's badass. And it's really angry too.

On a side note, I finished Yakuza yesterday and it really was a great game. Go git' it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll order those....still need to get GITS: 2nd gig vol 6 and 7 (the end of vol 5 is rough!), as well as EVA platinum.

on topic: Rolento revealed last night that he actually is Rolento. it's not just a handle!

Ahhh, Fist of the North Star, I watched the old one and it was pretty badass. Heads exploding and what not. Kenshiro is the man. How does the new one fare to the old one? I heard the older one was a little better.

Oh yeah, I hope Fist of the North Star comes out for PS2 soon, it looks like an awesome game.

[quote name='Apossum']
on topic: Rolento revealed last night that he actually is Rolento. it's not just a handle![/QUOTE]

I sure as hell wished so... on a note though, please no one label me as an emo just because I have long hair... I just realize I look alot better with long hair compared to when I use to shave it quite a bit.

anyone dressing up this holloween as gaming characters? jimfoley would easily be able to do a Mr. Karate costume... just bulk up and find a tengu mask.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I sure as hell wished so... on a note though, please no one label me as an emo just because I have long hair... I just realize I look alot better with long hair compared to when I use to shave it quite a bit.

anyone dressing up this holloween as gaming characters? jimfoley would easily be able to do a Mr. Karate costume... just bulk up and find a tengu mask.[/QUOTE]

:lol: you're definitely not emo. I was just kidding with you. I forget what exactly it was you said.

I'm probably not dressing up...If I dressed up as a game character, I would surely end up on the butt end of a bad cosplay thread.

Halu102-- you win the thread for having a Sion/Melty Blood themed sig :D

[quote name='halu102']Ahhh, Fist of the North Star, I watched the old one and it was pretty badass. Heads exploding and what not. Kenshiro is the man. How does the new one fare to the old one? I heard the older one was a little better.

Oh yeah, I hope Fist of the North Star comes out for PS2 soon, it looks like an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

The old FOTNS was pretty shitty... sorta like a GI Joe with people exploding for no reason. New Fist of the North Star is awesome... though it's kinda a love it or hate it show. There's still a ton of violence, but the storyline is actually legitimate this time around. The sheer testosterone in the show is just disgusting and some of Kenshiro's lines are among the greatest ever spoken.

And the FOTNS game is scheduled to come out on the PS2 in March 2007.

On a side note, Rightstuf also had Chrono Crusade in the bargain bin. Which is great because I've been meaning to pick up that show... it's really damn good.

[quote name='Chacrana']
On a side note, Rightstuf also had Chrono Crusade in the bargain bin. Which is great because I've been meaning to pick up that show... it's really damn good.[/QUOTE]

You can get the box set from Best Buy for like $35... not sure if you still can, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']You can get the box set from Best Buy for like $35... not sure if you still can, though.[/QUOTE]

It had all the extras removed from it though... so if you're anal like me, there's only one option and that's the singles.

I did get the really nice art box though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I sure as hell wished so... on a note though, please no one label me as an emo just because I have long hair... I just realize I look alot better with long hair compared to when I use to shave it quite a bit.

anyone dressing up this holloween as gaming characters? jimfoley would easily be able to do a Mr. Karate costume... just bulk up and find a tengu mask.[/QUOTE]

Actually, oddly enough, I'm already being Wario. Me and my friends are doing a Mushroom Kingdom thing and me and one of my lanky buddies decided to be Wario and Waluigi. We also have The Princess, Mario&Luigi, Bowser and Toad I think. It's sweet because the costumes are like semi-professional, because my brothers GF graduated from the Philadelphia Art Institute and is ridicilously good with fabrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back