CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dressed up for Halloween last year... my friend and I were Mario and Luigi lol. This year we might go as Ghostbusters. I want me a proton pack, a real one, but those shits are expensive! haha.

hehe, apossum, ty. I was planning on putting the full picture in my sig, but it might be too hentai-ish for you guys.

Hehe, I never really think about dressing up for halloween. Maybe this year, maybe. Oh and cosplaying... the horror, the horror.... not that it's bad or anything, but I've seen a fair share of bad cosplaying. I would like to post some scary pics I saw, but i fear it would deviate too far OT.

Oh yeah, just watched some NFOTNS on youtube, looks tite, even tighter than the old one, but the story seems a bit bland...but then again, the FOTNS never had an in depth story, it was just badass action throughout. But yeah, damn, that game is a long ways off...

NFOTNS' story actually did end up being good though despite the premise sounding kinda bland. As for dressing up for Halloween, I've always wanted to dress up as Alucard from Hellsing... never gotten around to it though.

Oh, and PM me the whole pic please. It ain't too hentai-ish.. whatever it is. :lol:

Wow, Alucard, that's gonna be difficult. But I'm sure they have a big red leather coat and a wide brim leather hat around somewhere.

Man, I need more wa-tatatatatatatatata action. Unfortunately i gotta go real soon.

Forgot to mention, when I was camping this weekend I stopped in the EB games near the local grocery store, and they happened to (still) have a Street Fighter Anniversary Stick. I picked it up for 30 dollars. They also had 2 T5 Collector's sets that I wanted to pick up, but when I went back they were closed. At least I got the SF stick.

So how easy is the mod? Anyone have the link? Help would be appreciated.

Haha, those guys are genuine. Nice mod guide. Now I need to swap out my t5 hori stick with Sanwa parts. Markman, know any decent place that sells them for a relatively lower price? I checked akihabarashop but was wondering if there are any other good sites for Sanwa stuff.

Oh yeah, here's a nice desktop wallpaper where i got my sig from as suggested by Chacrana.

anyone find it oddly interesting that Hentai art can sometime have some better art than the official stuff when looking for material to use? both sad and good.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone find it oddly interesting that Hentai art can sometime have some better art than the official stuff when looking for material to use? both sad and good.[/quote]

It doesn't surprise me. Hentai/Ecchi artists are just as talented as those who do more traditional art. Ryu's Form site (IIRC) is one that comes to mind. Slightly hentai/ecchi art and traditional art at the same time.

BTW, did anyone see the new EGM yet? In the rumors section they say Capcom is working on Street Fighter IV. First time I have seen that in a mag, even if it is only a rumor.

Capcom sure fucked up with almost all of its fighters ever since the Dreamcast died... seems like alot of other companies have fell into the same trap (Rare, Ed Boon, Arc Systems, SNK though they are finally making a comeback)....

Here's to a new SF4.

I understand that art/drawings by hentai artists can look better than official ones sometimes, I mean, they're trying to capture some kind of audience. I'm sure stick figures wouldn't sell.... well, there might be exceptions... And, haha, too many times have I used that line "looking for material to use", too many times.

Oh yeah, I got my Guilty Gear Slash today and my component cables. Unfortunately I couldn't play it just yet, my swap didn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow. I immediately tested the cables out though with GG Isuka, [yes, I know bad choice]. But damn, Component makes a world of a difference and virtually no lag on my HDTV as opposed to 480i. I can't wait until I can actually play Slash. Now, I was wondering, what other 2d fighters can go into progressive scan? [I looked at the Wikipedia list, but it seems like that list is a bit outdated and doesn't really apply to imports]

[quote name='halu102']Here's to a new SF4.

I understand that art/drawings by hentai artists can look better than official ones sometimes, I mean, they're trying to capture some kind of audience. I'm sure stick figures wouldn't sell.... well, there might be exceptions... And, haha, too many times have I used that line "looking for material to use", too many times.

Oh yeah, I got my Guilty Gear Slash today and my component cables. Unfortunately I couldn't play it just yet, my swap didn't come in yet, hopefully tomorrow. I immediately tested the cables out though with GG Isuka, [yes, I know bad choice]. But damn, Component makes a world of a difference and virtually no lag on my HDTV as opposed to 480i. I can't wait until I can actually play Slash. Now, I was wondering, what other 2d fighters can go into progressive scan? [I looked at the Wikipedia list, but it seems like that list is a bit outdated and doesn't really apply to imports][/QUOTE]

This question is clearly directed at me.

King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum are progressive scan for sure. I know that most SNK fighters are. I can't remember if Garou was PS or not... hmm...

Tiiiiiiiight. I'm definitely going to get those. Do you by any chance know if Melty Blood Act Cadenza can render 480p? I've looked everywhere, but it seems like a no show.

*struggles*Need more pixels.... Melty Blood sprites.... too... blocky! .... ughhhh...

Oh and super thanks Chacrana.:)

[quote name='halu102']Tiiiiiiiight. I'm definitely going to get those. Do you by any chance know if Melty Blood Act Cadenza can render 480p? I've looked everywhere, but it seems like a no show.

*struggles*Need more pixels.... Melty Blood sprites.... too... blocky! .... ughhhh...

Oh and super thanks Chacrana.:)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Melty Blood AC doesn't support 480p. It looks pretty blocky, but thankfully the gameplay is legendary no matter what the graphics look like.

I see, oh wells. yeah, the gameplay is excellent on that game. Though Im sick of playing it on my computer, lags to death for me [specs aren't strong enough]. Though I'm still feeling noob at it, it's kinda hard to do a transition from Guilty Gear to MB.

I know, I'll sit further back and the sprites would look awesome. Haha.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofhSwBux7w[/media]

Hahah watch the end to round 4 very closely. Awesome VF5 glitch.

Thanks for both those videos Markman. Poor Zangief, he gets no love. I think EGM ranked him as one of the 10 gayest video game characters. What's funny is that Zangief makes the list but freaks like Bridget don't.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Thanks for both those videos Markman. Poor Zangief, he gets no love. I think EGM ranked him as one of the 10 gayest video game characters. What's funny is that Zangief makes the list but freaks like Bridget don't.[/quote]
I thought Bridget was on that list as well? Zangief is right at home on the list, in my opinion. He is the true freak.

[quote name='yukine']I thought Bridget was on that list as well? Zangief is right at home on the list, in my opinion. He is the true freak.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember seeing him. I thought for sure he'd be on it but was surprised when I didn't see him there. Am I wrong? I think Tingle from Legend of Zelda was #1 on the list.

[quote name='MarkMan']http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1711287

Street Fighter 4 please.[/quote]

That short clip is beter than the whole SF movie with Van Damme.

My only guess to Bridget not being on the list is because he may like girls despite actually dressing and acting like one. So technically he wouldn't be gay even though he might think he is.

My head hurts.

What?! Bridget is a guy?! Don't tell me the Hanson Sisters are guys too, then that would just be silly.

Man, my friend likes playing all the girl characters from Guilty Gear and I've always noticed that. But when I tell him Bridget is a guy, I have a feeling I'll be seeing less of Bridget.

Haha, Zangief seems like he should be on that list because he's probably the most ridiculed on Street Fighter. I remember my friend's coined phrase whenever he would do SFAlpha 3 Zangief's spinning pile driver, "Smell it!".

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That short clip is beter than the whole SF movie with Van Damme.

My only guess to Bridget not being on the list is because he may like girls despite actually dressing and acting like one. So technically he wouldn't be gay even though he might think he is.

My head hurts.[/QUOTE]

But I'm sure Zangief really isn't gay either. I doubt they had that in mind when he was created, unlike other characters. Being big and buff might seem a little gay, but I think Zangief counters that sterotype by fighting bears in the wilderness and having a beard with a mohawk. Working in Miami in know a lot of guys that play for the other team. And Zangief doesn't fit the bill to me. He's not "clean-cut" enough to be gay.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']But I'm sure Zangief really isn't gay either. I doubt they had that in mind when he was created, unlike other characters. Being big and buff might seem a little gay, but I think Zangief counters that sterotype by fighting bears in the wilderness and having a beard with a mohawk. Working in Miami in know a lot of guys that play for the other team. And Zangief doesn't fit the bill to me. He's not "clean-cut" enough to be gay.[/quote]

I am really surprised Benimaru or Eagle didn't make that list. I thought they were both gay?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I am really surprised Benimaru or Eagle didn't make that list. I thought they were both gay?[/QUOTE]

Benimaru is perhaps the gayest thing ever. If you've seen his smile in his KOF XI portrait, you don't even have to question whether or not he's gay. You just know.

[quote name='Chacrana']Benimaru is perhaps the gayest thing ever. If you've seen his smile in his KOF XI portrait, you don't even have to question whether or not he's gay. You just know.[/QUOTE]

i whole heartedly disagree. Benimaru, to me, is like the ultimate ladies man. check out the capcom vs snk series. he tries to hit on every girl he faces. sure he may look like a fruit, but maybe he's just metro. I used ot feel the same way towards him, but now I have more respect for Beni.

now as for Zangief, going by his ending in Capcom fighting Jam/Evolution/ whatever, he's seen daydreaming about being in what appears to be Miami and hanging around at least 2 women and relaxing in a spa. now being a straight man, I find nothing gay about that. that's jsut my two cents on the subject.

now as for the videos MarkMan posted, i think they sf one shows lots of potential. I can't wait to see the second part of this.

the vf5 glitch had my Lol'ing for awhile.

[quote name='Chacrana']Unfortunately, Melty Blood AC doesn't support 480p. It looks pretty blocky, but thankfully the gameplay is legendary no matter what the graphics look like.[/QUOTE]

How do I get NeoGeo Battle Colliseum, KoFXI and Guilty Gear Slash to run in Prog Scan? Hearing that makes my day.

I thought the only fighters that I had that did it were GG Isuka and Tekken 4/5.

[quote name='jimfoley16']How do I get NeoGeo Battle Colliseum, KoFXI and Guilty Gear Slash to run in Prog Scan? Hearing that makes my day.

I thought the only fighters that I had that did it were GG Isuka and Tekken 4/5.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to hold triangle as the game boots.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the glitch-- was Wolf supposed to get a ring out before Jeffry started that throw on him?

[quote name='jimfoley16']How do I get NeoGeo Battle Colliseum, KoFXI and Guilty Gear Slash to run in Prog Scan? Hearing that makes my day.

I thought the only fighters that I had that did it were GG Isuka and Tekken 4/5.[/QUOTE]
Usually hold both triangle and x as the game boots. Might be different, but this is usually how it is activated. Question, once you put a game in prog scan does it save it in that mode or do you have to do it everytime?

[quote name='halu102']Usually hold both triangle and x as the game boots. Might be different, but this is usually how it is activated. Question, once you put a game in prog scan does it save it in that mode or do you have to do it everytime?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you hold triangle and x when the game starts up. IIRC, you have to do that every time though because I don't recall seeing the option in the menus anywhere. Hopefully the PS3 will allow you to set PS2 games to always run in PS mode...

[quote name='jimfoley16']Wow I never knew that Triangle and X thing. Is there a list of every game for PS2 that supports prog. scan?[/QUOTE]

www.hdtvarcade.com

There is a list there.

I just got Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1, I'm using a slide tool, the game boots up fine, takes me to the main menu, but when I actually pick a game it goes to a black screen when I can only hear the music and sound. Does anyone know why?

I'm using Swap Magic 3.6, also.

I know why! it's those component cables! you need to switch over to s-video or a different format. I have this problem with kof2000 as well as this game and AOF. ti sucks, but there's not much else you can do.

[quote name='gigan54']I know why! it's those component cables! you need to switch over to s-video or a different format. I have this problem with kof2000 as well as this game and AOF. ti sucks, but there's not much else you can do.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's lame as fuck. I appreciate the help, though. Do you know why it may happen?

I'm playing KoF 94 Rebout right now, it's pretty awesome, for some reason the graphics get a bit jaggy when someone gets hit but that's probably because I forgot to turn on progressive scan.

Damn, KoF 94 Rebout looks amazing in progressive scan.

This game is awesome, I'm glad I picked it up during Play Asia's sale. It's got the redone version and the Neo Geo version. The gameplay is a bit old but it's still a hell of alot of fun.

If KoF Neowave has graphics on par to this I'll pick it up when it hits $30 in November.

actually the whole benimaru gay thing... I think it would help if he would let his hair down as he looks alot better like that, but it would mess up his storyline if he did so.

Zangief's the manly gay man. Kind of like R. Lee Ermey's role in Saving Silverman. Here you go thinking he's playing the same character he's played since Full Metal Jacket and then you find out he's gay about two thirds of the way through the movie. On the other hand, Zangief looks no gayer than any wrestler in the WWF.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']But I'm sure Zangief really isn't gay either. I doubt they had that in mind when he was created, unlike other characters. Being big and buff might seem a little gay, but I think Zangief counters that sterotype by fighting bears in the wilderness and having a beard with a mohawk. Working in Miami in know a lot of guys that play for the other team. And Zangief doesn't fit the bill to me. He's not "clean-cut" enough to be gay.[/quote]

Haha, I know. I was just joking around, because I know you like Zangief.

I don't think Zangief is gay, and I don't think Bridget is gay. But Tingle is sure as fuck homosexual.

[quote name='yukine']Haha, I know. I was just joking around, because I know you like Zangief.

I don't think Zangief is gay, and I don't think Bridget is gay. But Tingle is sure as fuck homosexual.[/QUOTE]

Don't tease me like that. I'll defend Zangief's honor till the end!

Here we go from Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay%2C_lesbian%2C_bisexual%2C_and_transgender_characters_in_video_and_computer_games#Gay_characters_in_fighting_games

Many fighting games have characters who are either confirmed or suspected to be gay. Having gay male characters in these fighting games can challenge the traditional perception of homosexuals as weak sissies. Nevertheless, hints about a particular character's sexual orientation in a fighting game often take the form of effeminate or otherwise sissifed features, in an otherwise tough and stereotypically masculine character.

The Street Fighter character Zangief has long been thought of as being gay, although this was disputed in Capcom Fighting Evolution, where it was stated that he had a girlfriend (however, this may only indicate that he's bisexual, although the game isn't canon). The Street Fighter character Eagle, who appears in the original Street Fighter as well as in Capcom vs. SNK 2, has however been confirmed to be gay (as a tribute to Queen singer Freddie Mercury), although several of Eagle's quotes obviously displaying his orientation were censored in the US version of the game.

In the Guilty Gear series, the main character Sol Badguy, who is also heavily based on Freddie Mercury, is often rumored to be gay; this has been neither disputed nor confirmed, but questioned with his rival Ky Kiske who he is shown to continue to rescue despite their rival status. The character Venom, however, is most clearly in love with his deceased leader, Zato-1, although his feelings do not seem to have been returned.

Being succubi, Lilith Aensland and Morrigan Aensland in Capcom's Darkstalkers series have been long portrayed as being rather openly bisexual.

An obscure game known as Groove on Fight is currently the only known fighting game featuring an openly gay couple, the somewhat stereotypical characters Rudolph Gartheimer and Damian Shade.

On a smaller note, after checking the Groove on Fight link, I had no idea Matrimelee was a part of the Power Instinct games.

*EDIT*

Also, from Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benimaru

Benimaru is constantly being accused of being gay by the series' fans despite SNK's assurance that Benimaru is in fact, not. The way Benimaru poses and blows kisses may hint at it, but what fans cite the most is his voicing, despite him shouting his special move names with dedication, it's a winpose where Benimaru can be heard to say "Thank you." with an unmistakable lisp. This was especially apparent in early installments.

That's a great article Guile. A very educational read. Except the part about Zangief, that's bull.

BTW the Groove on Fight character "Rudolph Gartheimer" has very disturbing ending with his lover "Damian Shade." Only the strong at heart should investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back