Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I know i posted this before but i guess nobody really cared. What kinda e-mail provider is everybody using? Im using lycos and After about 2 days no Tech support e-mail from them. No confirmation e-mail yet. Whats the deal? I will be home for the lotto and i really badly want to get into this but i doubt it if i cant get a confirmation e-mail soon![/quote]
I use Gmail...

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Having now played alot of the Beta, I'm all the more glad that this is the next step for the Call of Duty franchise. I got a chance to play the Metal of Honor: Airborne demo as well and I just can't bring myself to care about another World War 2 game with very few changes. Bravo to Infinity Ward for breaking out of that mold, because even though COD4 has alot similar to the earlier COD's, the setting and setup makes it feel fresh again.[/quote]

In a sense I was in the same boat. I never played the other CoD games, simply because WWII doesn't interest me in the setting of a game. I don't like the weapons, the uniforms, or even the environments. Modern Warfare is a nice change.

[quote name='Surferflames']This is actually a real beta though. Not that PR excuse for a beta that Halo 3 had. You can see the lag increasing as more keys go out, so hopefully they are watching things take shape.

One thing I love about CoD4 over most of the Ubi shooters is how fluid it is. It rarely feels like enemies are just appearing out of nowhere on my screen.[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you but this is PR also. The Halo 3 "bata" was actually a bata also. Just the CoD4 bata is looking at more. With Halo 3 they were just looking at spawn/respawn locations, where people were killed and where it looked like people got lost on the map. That way they can change the map if needed. CoD4 however looks like they might be looking at that and lag timeing for different things the weapons and other things.

[quote name='sendme']Hate to tell you but this is PR also. The Halo 3 "bata" was actually a bata also. Just the CoD4 bata is looking at more. With Halo 3 they were just looking at spawn/respawn locations, where people were killed and where it looked like people got lost on the map. That way they can change the map if needed. CoD4 however looks like they might be looking at that and lag timeing for different things the weapons and other things.[/quote]

I had a whole response typed out but I've decided to get rid of it to keep this topic from spiraling off topic. It's "Beta" like the alphabet.

Hey I was wondering guys for the beta codes that will be up Monday at Noon do I actually have to enter them in the xbox 360 before the others or just get the code off of the website before the others? I am asking this because I will have access to a computer then but not my 360 and I want to get in on this.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey I was wondering guys for the beta codes that will be up Monday at Noon do I actually have to enter them in the xbox 360 before the others or just get the code off of the website before the others? I am asking this because I will have access to a computer then but not my 360 and I want to get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Basically if you get in they will email you a unique Token to redeem on your 360. It's no race to use the token but it is a race to get one.

They really have to show me something after the crappy mess that was COD3 and its online system. An impoved COD2 is just what the doc ordered.

The lag problems are incredibly annoying. Not to mention it feels way to fast to be considered rainbow six tactical to me.
It gives me a quake with modern day weapons kind of feel since it moves so fast and the levels are incredibly claustrophobic.

I hope the pc version is more epic feeling like the old pc cod games (1,2) .

Blah, I know this is trivial as hell but I couldn't help but notice how low poly the picatinny rails on the m16a4s are in the game.
The attachements pretty much have no way of sticking on the rifle unless they're super glued.

I'd spare a few chug and fps just so they can have it look right and not stick out (for me atleast) like a sore thumb. :whistle2:#

I hope they upped the poly counts on the guns a bit for the PC version so they don't look like low poly world models in the player view.

:EDIT: Oh hey wait a tic I just noticed the exact rails and bumps the sights/attachments are on are higher poly.

Er...I'm confused. I've read the OP like 10 times and still don't get how the first come, first serve works. What do you have to do exactly in order to be one of the first in line?

[quote name='Kendro']Er...I'm confused. I've read the OP like 10 times and still don't get how the first come, first serve works. What do you have to do exactly in order to be one of the first in line?[/quote]

There is currently a countdown...which ends at 3 PM EST, 12 PM PST. Be first to load the beta page and click the "Enter Now" button for your chance to get in.

Is it 1 hour and 15 minutes? I thought it was pacific time not eastern...the countdown yesterday was counting dow to eastern time...I am confused.

[quote name='Mogambi']Is it 1 hour and 15 minutes? I thought it was pacific time not eastern...the countdown yesterday was counting dow to eastern time...I am confused.[/quote]

the clock they chose to use for the countdown is flawed because it is based off of your system time. therefore it will probably be wrong for everyone but west coasters. the beta registration is supposed to open at 3:00 pacific time.

[quote name='CYRiX']Is this for real? So I have to wait another 3 hours? fuck I don't have anything else to do.[/quote]

start studying the info so you are ready for the trivia questions today.

This is going to turn into the same mess as the Amazon Thanksgiving Day fiasco with the 360 core ......

Edit: LOL, I just got a "too many connections" error on charlieoscardelta.com. Ooopsie-doodles, better get that fixed in the next 3 hours.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This is going to turn into the same mess as the Amazon Thanksgiving Day fiasco with the 360 core ......[/QUOTE]

Yep I said the same exact thing a couple of pages back. I hope it's a little better since more of the kids will be at school today.

[quote name='Surferflames']I had a whole response typed out but I've decided to get rid of it to keep this topic from spiraling off topic. It's "Beta" like the alphabet.[/QUOTE]

So a spelled it wrong. So what. All this is still PR with CoD4 like it was with Halo 3. Both were/are to test server issues. CoD4 might be testing more but still both have something to test. Atleast with this you don't have to buy a game to get the beta. You just have to spend all day online hiting refresh and hope you are selected. They do show one thing though, and that is that people will buy them. With the beta they can both see how high the demand is and if it is enough to crash the server.

[quote name='tiredfornow']soo..

DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF THE QUESTIONS ARE GOING TO BE THE SAME?![/quote]
HOW the hell would we know this? lazy bast.........

oh man 40 mins till D day and the site is STARTING TO FEEL IT! Sweet jesus I am trying to go through the forums and it is like a snail climbing towards salt.

In other news....Does it seem like the people posting on the COD4 forums are 2 years old? Discuss...

Server's overloaded.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/cod4.streetwise.com/template2/html/template.inc.php on line 596
Too many connections

Yeah. So much for that.

When will people learn? You open an entry page, you keep it open for a week or so, you let people enter, and you fucking randomly pick from that list.

cod.com has been down for about 2 hours now. Atleast off and on it has. You would think they would get a server for the site that can handle a large amount of connections.

Lol, knew the site couldn't handle the load. Glad i got my invite last week. Hoping to get one for my friend since he's in class until 4 i believe.

bread's done
Back