Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Well good luck to everybody i guess, im at work and i can't get on the site at all so oh well. Hope many CAGers get in.

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/beta_reg.php

Although Charlie Oscar Delta's Token Codes have been reserved, there will be many more opportunities to get into the Beta! Check back into SITREP often, as we'll be updating the site with information as soon as it's finalized.

In the United States and Canada, we are working with GameSpot and GameStop on two new ways to reserve a spot in the Beta. Our International users will be excited to learn that plans to get into the Beta are moving along quickly, and we'll have updates for all the countries listed in the FAQ soon!

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wow "Sorry...All tokens have been reserved".

I guess they only handed out a small handful of 3 or 4 tokens ;)[/quote]

Are you kidding?? lol

I've been reloading the page since 2:55 and I havn't even see the beta registration page yet.

edit: to poster above

What the hell???? How'd you get it to load? Or anyone else for that matter

lol, well at least now I know all tokens have been taken.

So much for that, didn't even get to see the sign up page.

When I finally loaded anything it said "please click on the confirmation link in your email", yeah, no confirmation link in my email. I've asked them to re-send the confirmation link about 50 times over the past month or so.

fuck this shit. Honestly, they don't need to make this shit this fucking hard.

They could have handled this straight through XBLM, you know.

[quote name='creeeaature']Patience, young ones. They said 3:00 EST, it is only 3:08.[/QUOTE]
It's over bro. I got it to load and they Said No more tokens. :(

You have to be kidding me. In 10 minutes all were handed out even with the site offline for the most part.

[quote name='creeeaature']Are you kidding?? lol

I've been reloading the page since 2:55 and I havn't even see the beta registration page yet.

edit: to poster above

What the hell???? How'd you get it to load? Or anyone else for that matter[/QUOTE]

I stayed logged on for about 3 hours now and I refreshed the page and it loaded up for me at about 3:04.....I clicked enter now and I got the We are Sorry all the tokens have been reserved yada yada but there are more ways to eneter through contests from gamespot yada yada.

I cant wait to read all the vitriol in the forums. Hopefully they will reconsider this distribution method for future token handouts. It's pretty sad they handled it this way and bungled it so badly.

[quote name='PyroGamer']So much for that, didn't even get to see the sign up page.[/quote]

Same here. Been trying to load the page since 2:30 to no avail.

this is probably the most unorginized Beta I have ever seen. Grats to Activision on being major 3rd party assholes.

Why didn't they partner up with Fileplanet or anything that has a server that isn't of AOL capacity?

who wants to bet the next and only way to get into this beta is to buy a copy of Tony Hawks Proving Ground or Spiderman Friend or Foe (which happen to be Activision games) i.e. Crackdown and Halo 3 beta.

"Although Charlie Oscar Delta's Token Codes have been reserved, there will be many more opportunities to get into the Beta! Check back into SITREP often, as we'll be updating the site with information as soon as it's finalized.

In the United States and Canada, we are working with GameSpot and GameStop on two new ways to reserve a spot in the Beta. Our International users will be excited to learn that plans to get into the Beta are moving along quickly, and we'll have updates for all the countries listed in the FAQ soon!"

:bomb:

Wow. I'm very impressed with this game so far, definitely makes me feel confident about the quality of the final product :roll:

I wonder what the GameSpot thing is going to be. Hopefully a fucking sweepstakes like they should have fucking done in the fucking first place.

Yea the tokens were gone within 4 mins as far as I can tell. Pretty Lame. I bet they don't tell us how many they handed out. I'm guessing maybe 100 tokens.

This is bullshit. I've been waiting for this opportunity for like a week. Did ANYONE get one?

I'd be happy just being able to put my name in to receive a token down the road... but nope.

Waste of a day.
Im not gonna try anymore to get into this beta.
I'll wait for the release. I got plenty of games to hold me over till then.

[quote name='tenzor']who wants to bet the next and only way to get into this beta is to buy a copy of Tony Hawks Proving Ground or Spiderman Friend or Foe (which happen to be Activision games) i.e. Crackdown and Halo 3 beta.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather do that then wasting my time and trying to enter and not get in at all.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wow. I'm very impressed with this game so far, definitely makes me feel confident about the quality of the final product :roll:

I wonder what the GameSpot thing is going to be. Hopefully a fucking sweepstakes like they should have fucking done in the fucking first place.[/quote]

Sniping with any gun from just about any distance without a scope...they need to fix that. If not, no purchase for me.

[quote name='tenzor']who wants to bet the next and only way to get into this beta is to buy a copy of Tony Hawks Proving Ground or Spiderman Friend or Foe (which happen to be Activision games) i.e. Crackdown and Halo 3 beta.[/quote]
I they were smart, they would have repackaged COD2 (which i've never played) similar to Crackdown and Halo 3. They would sell quite a few copies if the game was $20 or 30 and people would get the beta...

After 7 minutes of continuous reloading...
wtftn2.png

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Same here. Been trying to load the page since 2:30 to no avail.[/quote]
AmazonThankgivingDayCoreSystemBullshit
Oh well, it sounds like this game is entering into the must-buy category .... like MANY others in November. Thank God GTA IV got pushed back or I'd go insane before the end of the year.

[quote name='sasukekun']My guess would be you have to reserve the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can see in the nest week or two if you reserve the game you get into the beta. I'm just wondering how many they did give out. Had to be low for them to go that fast.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']It's hard to believe no one here or on Gamefaqs got in. Or so it seems...[/QUOTE]
yeah, there's always at least one bullshitter who says they got in. That's how you kno w this is a joke.

It is amazing to me that a Game like HALO3 can have a successful beta program and while I dont even like halo its 100X more successful than COD

[quote name='Stace']That was about retarded... the Halo 3 beta wasn't even this hard to get into.[/QUOTE]

false demand much? think they gave out like 4 tokens, maybe?

here i was thinking my big problem was going to be the fucking trivia.

fuck this fucking fuck

Damn, what bullshit. I've been sitting here refreshing for the past 40 minutes as well.

I wish a couple of us got in, but it looks like none of us did.

The CoD4 isn't much anyway now. The first few days were really good. Now however, there is a ton of lag that makes the game impossible to play.

Wow that site is dead. It would be funny if they did it just to get people to go away. Then later on when no one knows it just put it on the site. That way they would not have people overloading their server just for the beta.

bread's done
Back