Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Must keep clicking ...... *CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK * 404 error WTF

well atleast i do have the next 24 hrs to do this lol.

WOOT i got in.... to the drawing.... hopefully into the beta.

[quote name='Maynard']Frusturating that we have to now wait another few days again. This has just been piss poor implementation from the start.[/QUOTE]

Hell, atleast now everyone has a chance unlike earlier when none of us got in. I'd take this way over first come first serve any day.

[quote name='CYRiX']KingBroly this is pretty much the same as the first step of the beta phase, how can it be better?[/QUOTE]
He said it was better then the First come first serve.......He mentioned nothing about it being the best method......

[quote name='CYRiX']KingBroly this is pretty much the same as the first step of the beta phase, how can it be better?[/QUOTE]

Its not. It is the same thing with out the questions. I would rather have to preorder the game then this drawing crap. Or the first come first serve that has 87,000 tokens handed out in less then 5 minutes with a site that does not want to load. Work on the net is that they had 87,000 tokens yet I have read nothing about someone geting them. I am just now reading that people were able to see 3 questions.

fuck!

This fucking piece of shit server and fucking idiots behind the scenes running this two bit clown show.l

I still can't fucking enter.

Motherfuckers, it's a fucking MP demo, throw that shit on XBL and let anyone interested try out. These fucking beta signup bullshits need to fucking stop.

Bitch.

When you guys click submit after the "enter your gamertag and email" screen does it submit and then reload or are you supposed to get a confirmation? Trying to get a beta code for a friend.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']When you guys click submit after the "enter your gamertag and email" screen does it submit and then reload or are you supposed to get a confirmation? Trying to get a beta code for a friend.[/quote]

It gives you a confirmation. You have to use the email you used to sign up for the site.

You get a confirmation, I dont remember the exact wording, but it's something like...

Thanks for entering CoD public beta, the drawing will be... please wait up to 72 hours after drawing to receive a token..

[quote name='Surferflames']It gives you a confirmation. You have to use the email you used to sign up for the site.[/quote]

Ah...looks like he'll have to register then. Thanks.

Took me around an hour to finally get through the sign up. Kept telling me I needed to click the link in the confirmation e-mail but I'm pretty sure I already did that. Finally got through and was able to enter my info, even though it was pretty slow submitting the pages. Good luck to everyone that was able to enter!

I still think they should have had a cut off date to register on the site. Then start from when they started the registration and devided it into each month. So take all of March and start at the highest rank. When all of March had it go down to the people that registered in April. Or better yet put it up on live as a MP demo. If the servers get overloaded then you get more servers. From what some have said on some forums is that the more that start playing the more lag they see. Also out of the 87,000 people that were able to get tokens you would think some would have posted on a forum yet only a handfull have posted saying that they saw the questions.

i have been playing since friday, i got in a lil early cuz of friend at activision, just add my gamer profile if you wanna play some multiplayer goodness with a fellow CAG.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i have been playing since friday, i got in a lil early cuz of friend at activision, just add my gamer profile if you wanna play some multiplayer goodness with a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

I hate when someone says they have a friend or family member that works for a game company. Years of reading IGN makes me not trust someone that says that. However if you really do you need to tell your friend they are an ass. You should have had it day one. Or was friday day one? Don't know why but I'm thinking it was wednesday or thursday.

It must be nice to know someone that works for a game dev. I was trying to get some people that I worked with in on one. One went to school for it, another could draw really well and the other has a few books that they are writing. They all were in on it but the writer was the only one that did something and the story he gave me was already wrote. The artest was being an ass about it. I think he was mad becuase I said that a first person shooter would be better to start out with. Then the guy that went to school for it was going to show me the torque engine but never did. I have the story just need someone that can do the art/animation and someone that knows what they are doing when it comes to the engine and geting it all to work.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i have been playing since friday, i got in a lil early cuz of friend at activision, .[/quote]

That's funny cause I got in on Thursday. I know no one at activision and didn't sign up for anything , yet they sent me a code out of the blue. I call shenanigans on the "friend on the inside".:roll:
Sounds like you got the same deal as I did.

Finally got the thing to load up enough that I could sign up for a new account (my old account's email address never got the confirmation email).

Oddly enough, I don't think I even got a confirmation email with my new account.... odd.

Anyways, it says I'm signed up, so I hope that's true.

I just love the sense of entitlement people on the CoD message boards have. Just because you signed up 6 months ago and answered a couple of trivia questions doesn't mean you deserve more of a chance than anyone else.

This is what they should have done from the start take verified sign ups and choose from that pool.

[quote name='G1ZM0']I just love the sense of entitlement people on the CoD message boards have. Just because you signed up 6 months ago and answered a couple of trivia questions doesn't mean you deserve more of a chance than anyone else.

This is what they should have done from the start take verified sign ups and choose from that pool.[/QUOTE]
I disagree.

If they wanted to just take the time to privately send out invites to the people who spend the most time on the CoD forums, that sounds fine to me.

Trouble is you're not going to get the most diverse BETA testing pool from that.

[quote name='PyroGamer']send out invites to the people who spend the most time on the CoD forums[/QUOTE]

This is the worst thing a game developer can do. The people who post on internet message boards represent a very small portion of the people who will buy this game. Vocal minority. On top of that 99% of the what is posted is crap. Stupid polls and 100 posts on the best sniper loadout. They're much better off just picking random people from a pool.

It would make more sense to pick people who Play CoD:2 on XBL regularly. I'm sure they could get stats from Microsoft or just check for themselves.

I just found out about this thread here. I got in at the first wave email thing. Sucks they are having so much trouble with this but yall are a bunch of winey bitches.

[quote name='G1ZM0']
It would make more sense to pick people who Play CoD:2 on XBL regularly. I'm sure they could get stats from Microsoft or just check for themselves.[/quote]
Yes because the feedback of people who still play a game that old are a great representation of the current gaming culture. The current method is a good way to do it, but I think the first wave was good as well(minus the crashing), since it was posted on IW's forums so the hardcore fans could get in.

[quote name='G1ZM0']I just love the sense of entitlement people on the CoD message boards have. Just because you signed up 6 months ago and answered a couple of trivia questions doesn't mean you deserve more of a chance than anyone else.

This is what they should have done from the start take verified sign ups and choose from that pool.[/QUOTE]

I read this and can not help but think WHAT? I think the people that signed up 6 months ago should get in before anyone that signed up with in the past few weeks. Hell they should have got in instead of someone that just found the questions on another fourm and sent the e-mail for fist wave. When they first talked about this beta they said members would get in. Not some person that finds the questions and e-mail address on some other forum gets in.

I still think it should be open to everyone or members of the site only. All they had to do is make it so no one can register then start handing tokens out by amount of time signed up, then by rank. That way a Private that has been a member for 6 months will get it before a General that has only been on the site for 2 months. Then do it open to everyone else in a lottery.

[quote name='Surferflames']Yes because the feedback of people who still play a game that old are a great representation of the current gaming culture. [/QUOTE]

People familiar with the CoD franchise would make much better testers than some monkey brain trying to get in on the latest thing.

This is a Beta test. To, you know, test things.

Again, people who post on IW boards are a small percentage of the people who will eventually purchase and play this game. There are much better ways to get a good sample of potential players. Listening to a vocal minority is a good way to alienate a large portion of potential consumers. Now if they just want to stress test the system, it doesn't really matter who gets the codes.

I'm now a proponent of publishing a list of all the codes and making everyone try codes at random till they find one that works. Then we'll see who really wants in.

[quote name='sendme']I read this and can not help but think WHAT? I think the people that signed up 6 months ago should get in before anyone that signed up with in the past few weeks. Hell they should have got in instead of someone that just found the questions on another fourm and sent the e-mail for fist wave. When they first talked about this beta they said members would get in. Not some person that finds the questions and e-mail address on some other forum gets in.

I still think it should be open to everyone or members of the site only. All they had to do is make it so no one can register then start handing tokens out by amount of time signed up, then by rank. That way a Private that has been a member for 6 months will get it before a General that has only been on the site for 2 months. Then do it open to everyone else in a lottery.[/quote]

Supposedly lance corperals and above were recieving tokens without registering over the weekend. This would make sense in some regards to your comment since it would be impossible to get 1000 points on the site in a week/2week period. Hell, the reason I have been following the site and doing the stupid missions(which are only released for a limited time) for the past couple months was in the hopes that they'd give out tokens to some of the higher ranks.

Giz, people on a CoD forum and people who play CoD are much more likely to be the same people than those outside the spectrum. I've never played a CoD game and my feedback as a gamer is just as valid, if not more, than someone who only plays CoD. Hell if you want to get technical a GRAW player is most likely more familier with the gameplay balances of CoD4s weapons and whatnot than a CoD2/3 person would be.

Developers are obviously looking to open up the game to many, but giving it legs to last a year or more is where the fans who participate in the company forums come into play. That's why bungie sent out a bunch of beta passes to long time forum members. They know that those people who have been playing halo2 for years after it should have died are the ones that will be playing halo 3 for years after it should die.

Guys they don't care about the faithfuls, they want to appeal to a new audience since the old one is already going to buy this.

That's my problem, BioShock has been hogging all my free gaming time. I've got a couple days off coming up so I might pull a COD4b marathon.

bread's done
Back