Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

The hell? Xbox LIVE is like half the experience and the reason to own a 360. Even Silver is fine, at least then you get updates for games and can download demos and so forth.

[quote name='yukine']Glad there will be another double xp, completely missed the last one due to school and other stuff.[/quote]

There will be another Double XP weekend?!

'Really starting to regret not going Prestige now. :whistle2:(

[quote name='chasemurata']There will be another Double XP weekend?!

'Really starting to regret not going Prestige now. :whistle2:([/quote]

You should have just got ur cherry popped during the variety map pack double exp.

ps. hamster, i will beat you to to the gold!

So I've never been able to connect myself and a friend through a private 1-on-1 match or cage match. Both of us keep getting the "unable to connect ..." I've been able to join other sessions in progress with gamers but we can't connect with each other. Solutions?

[quote name='BackInBlack']ps. hamster, i will beat you to to the gold![/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll get there first, but you'll definitely take less time overall to get there. I mean, you're only 10K XP behind me and I've played over two days more than you.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Is it just me or is everyone just really good now online?[/quote]

Play Mercenary TDM or just regular TDM, everyone is bad in those.

Nice, Double XP on the weekend before Exams...

Then GTA comes out the tuesday of Exams...

What would a CAG do?? I think I'll get about 2 hours of sleep and do both.:cool:

Haha, I've only got one real exam this semester, as all of the other courses just require a paper due the last day of class, so basically this week is going to suck, and then I'm going to have a marathon COD4 session before I get my hands on GTAIV. I'll probably swing back onto COD4 a few nights to keep my skill up, but I definitely won't be playing as much when GTA comes out.

I think me and my brother might be playing all night :D He's playing right now, his gamertag is TiggafromVA71. Mine is kevfed (its our nickname for our cousin, the gamertag was originally his).

Edit: Neither of us is all that good, We both started playing last Friday.

well i think im getting back to how i was before my break from the game. it feels nice to not get smashed again.

has anybody noticed any difference in the aiming between the iron sights and the reddot. it feels like the hit box is bigger with iron sights. its late and im probably imagining it though.

That story said it was for next weekend, to coincide with the release of the map pack on That Triple. I'm dubious of it though, since I only read that it was on 360 from 360fanboy.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']anyone get a picture or video of us owning on pipeline last night?[/QUOTE]

i am guessing those guys in the domination map weren't familiar with how to play domination. hell, i could get more than 11 points by myself against 6 people. capturing and holding the flag long enough for that would be easy (even though i have played a domination where the other team didn't capture 1 flag). i am pretty sure that it was pipeline as well, they all tried to get C, my guys went and grabbed A & B while i grenaded 5 (one grenade) and shot the 6th person at C before they could capture.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']i am guessing those guys in the domination map weren't familiar with how to play domination. hell, i could get more than 11 points by myself against 6 people. capturing and holding the flag long enough for that would be easy (even though i have played a domination where the other team didn't capture 1 flag). i am pretty sure that it was pipeline as well, they all tried to get C, my guys went and grabbed A & B while i grenaded 5 (one grenade) and shot the 6th person at C before they could capture.[/QUOTE]
In other words, the entire other team sucked? It's hard to imagine that happening against anyone with even a modicum of knowledge about how to play the game.

You would imagine that anyone could somehow get some points but a lot of people have no real idea how to play the game they pick. Then they dont want to talk so they wont learn how to play either. I offer to teach people/explain how to play the game I play before I start getting mad at my team. I really wish snipers would just be removed from games sometimes. Everybody thinks its the cool thing to do yet rarely is the best weapon to pick for any gametype

[quote name='-BigC-']You would imagine that anyone could somehow get some points but a lot of people have no real idea how to play the game they pick. Then they dont want to talk so they wont learn how to play either. I offer to teach people/explain how to play the game I play before I start getting mad at my team. I really wish snipers would just be removed from games sometimes. Everybody thinks its the cool thing to do yet rarely is the best weapon to pick for any gametype[/quote]
Agreed. But I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the snipers. You'd be surprised by how effective sniper coverage is for Sabotage and sometimes even Headquarters. I myself don't use Snipers during these gametypes but some people can pull off plenty of kills.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']anyone get a picture or video of us owning on pipeline last night?[/quote]

If it's the same group of trash-talking losers who kept... well, trash-talking and then losing, a montage is deserved. I felt sorry for their inabilities and/or disabilities. Of course, I laughed all throughout. Fun stuff. :D

[quote name='joe2187']:cry:[/quote]

I'm sure we'll encounter similar groups in the future, Joe. Then, everyone will get to experience the hilarity. :)

[quote name='torifile']In other words, the entire other team sucked? It's hard to imagine that happening against anyone with even a modicum of knowledge about how to play the game.[/QUOTE]

like -bigc- said, you would be amazed at how people will just pick a gametype and not know how to play it (basically the objective based games). of course, when we beat them in that domination, it was just a bunch of randoms against my clan and we play a lot of domination due to ground wars. the main 2 types of games we play are deathmatch and domination, so ground wars work out great for us.

a lot of times, the people that pick objective based games just go for kills anyways and always end up losing. i don't play anymore without having at least 2-3 extremely good players from my clan on, even if i have others on now. i got tired of losing and trying to explain things to other clan members and randoms on my team about why we were losing. it is not that i am trying to be a jerk by saying that either, i just know how i would personally play certain maps and try to move around the other team, so i try to get somebody to watch that area if i am not watching it myself and it works. i don't have my win ratio so high for no reason and i stick to what i am comfortable with now.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']i am guessing those guys in the domination map weren't familiar with how to play domination. hell, i could get more than 11 points by myself against 6 people. capturing and holding the flag long enough for that would be easy (even though i have played a domination where the other team didn't capture 1 flag). i am pretty sure that it was pipeline as well, they all tried to get C, my guys went and grabbed A & B while i grenaded 5 (one grenade) and shot the 6th person at C before they could capture.[/quote]

i really don't think it was that.

it is just that they were idiots. they kept charging C on pipeline, and i was using overkill with a sniper and m16. so i had them covered from the back. it was most likely their in ability to kill us.

[quote name='Littlefields']Agreed. But I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the snipers. You'd be surprised by how effective sniper coverage is for Sabotage and sometimes even Headquarters. I myself don't use Snipers during these gametypes but some people can pull off plenty of kills.[/QUOTE]
Snipers are useless for headquarters, Assault rifles have more then enough range to be effective at enough distance to watch the headquarters. Snipers become a weak link to a team, they wont rush in to grab a headquarters or rush in to defend one. I have sniped in headquarters but thats because most people dont know how to play and I could use a pistol and get wins, but never have I seen a situation where I wish that I had a sniper.

And I can pull off plenty of kills with any weapon, I even broke 100 with a mini uzi

[quote name='-BigC-']Snipers are useless for headquarters, Assault rifles have more then enough range to be effective at enough distance to watch the headquarters. Snipers become a weak link to a team, they wont rush in to grab a headquarters or rush in to defend one. I have sniped in headquarters but thats because most people dont know how to play and I could use a pistol and get wins, but never have I seen a situation where I wish that I had a sniper.

And I can pull off plenty of kills with any weapon, I even broke 100 with a mini uzi[/QUOTE]

I will disagree with you here, but this is again because I am playing in a clan, so we are always playing together. We played HQ on Bloc, since I had players set up in both buildings grabbing them before I would ever get a chance to get in there, I grabbed a sniper and held off 3-4 players trying to get in those buildings each time. Now it may not always work that way, but I did the same thing on Countdown (250-0) and racked up the second most kills in the room as well as capturing 3 HQ's by myself. It really depends on the teamwork level in the game if a sniper will help or not IMO.

Now the guy who said that they weren't idiots for that domination, I will disagree with that too. Why would you keep rushing the same spot without killing the guy who is making it difficult for you? I would personally get 1-2 players to go and take him out while the others captured. It is difficult to keep someone off a flag when you have multiple players close to you shooting at you. I just think they had no teamwork or communication if they couldn't capture 1 flag again, especially when they only had 11 points from the one flag to begin with.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']I just think they had no teamwork or communication if they couldn't capture 1 flag again, especially when they only had 11 points from the one flag to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they only had three points from the first flag. We just got sloppy somewhere in there and they got C back for a few seconds. I was really hoping we could have a 200-3 game. And yeah, they didn't seem to be too smart, as they were like "OMG Are you the developers? You must have made this game if you could beat us like that!"

that just makes it even worse. only holding a flag for 3 points in the beginning? you know there is no teamwork at all if that is possible. i know getting C on pipeline can be difficult for the team that spawns in the trainyard, but if even 1 person sits back and shoots the 1-2 players rushing it, it is easy to capture and B is even easier to capture. My team usually starts with A & C since we have 2 people rush C while the rest go A & B, i grenade 2-4 players from the start and usually shoot 1 more when i rush C while the other player on my team starts capturing, i am holding them off.

edit: by the way, i am not trying to bash anyone here and i have no doubt that your team was good, i am simply stating that the other team was really bad to have not been able to capture and hold a flag longer than that.

My point about snipers being useless is due to the fact that yes you can hold a team from going somewhere from a distance, but I can do the same exact thing with a RPD/M14/G3/m16 where I can stop 5 people from rushing into a building. Sure the snipers are better but what happens when your the last one alive, playing against bad players is going to make playing with any weapon fine. But I doubt anyone will snipe in a tournament if headquarters is the gametype, they are just to underpowerd

[quote name='-BigC-']My point about snipers being useless is due to the fact that yes you can hold a team from going somewhere from a distance, but I can do the same exact thing with a RPD/M14/G3/m16 where I can stop 5 people from rushing into a building. Sure the snipers are better but what happens when your the last one alive, playing against bad players is going to make playing with any weapon fine. But I doubt anyone will snipe in a tournament if headquarters is the gametype, they are just to underpowerd[/quote]
I guess it really depends on your team really. I don't think it'll be a good idea to do this on public matches. But seriously snipers can be a big help.

Example:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rB1exOU_0rA

[quote name='HighlightShow']10th prestige baby.[/quote]
Damn. I saw you work up from 3 to 10 in just a matter of a couple of months. Congrats Highlight! BTW, do you get that gamerpic when you get there, or is it up in the marketplace?

[quote name='-BigC-']My point about snipers being useless is due to the fact that yes you can hold a team from going somewhere from a distance, but I can do the same exact thing with a RPD/M14/G3/m16 where I can stop 5 people from rushing into a building. Sure the snipers are better but what happens when your the last one alive, playing against bad players is going to make playing with any weapon fine. But I doubt anyone will snipe in a tournament if headquarters is the gametype, they are just to underpowerd[/QUOTE]

the thing about this is, i have a very good team. none of us were dying much so we were able to get the max amount of points almost every time. if it got down to a couple of players in there, i would run around and fight with my pistol. the pistols do plenty of damage and the only time someone has an advantage over the pistol is if there is some range in between the people IMO. if it were a tournament, i would play like all the other "good hq" players... m16 w/ red dot, 3x frag, juggernaut, and martyrdom. that way all i have to do is grenade the whole game and can easily get in there and shit a grenade out for anyone trying to capture, isn't that pretty much all hq is?

i can understand what you are saying somewhat, but you obviously don't run into many good snipers for hq, do you? i am also guessing you play a lot of games by yourself (running with randoms), so your teamwork probably isn't as good as it could be to where you could defend a hq at a distance. i personally don't think any team should be without someone who is at a distance calling people out and shooting them at the same time. my being a sniper probably saved my teams life more than anything because i could tell them which side the enemies were coming from and they could easily get ready and kill them.

[quote name='Littlefields']Damn. I saw you work up from 3 to 10 in just a matter of a couple of months. Congrats Highlight! BTW, do you get that gamerpic when you get there, or is it up in the marketplace?[/quote]
Thanks! It is in the marketplace, I downloaded it from the Live Fire Weekend page.

I have seen plenty of good snipers, and as soon as I figure out where they are I go around or kill them. It really isnt hard to kill a sniper out of any position in the game if you know where they are. A long range assault rifle/LMG will do exactly what you said while also being able to rush in and go CQC when capturing/defending. Yea the pistol is ok but if they know where you are your dead 99% of the time, so coming from your sniping spot they would be looking directly at your direction waiting. I do play with a team a few times a week, and never have i ever thought we should have 1 sniper on the team they just arent good enough of a weapon class to be useful.

[quote name='-BigC-']I have seen plenty of good snipers, and as soon as I figure out where they are I go around or kill them. It really isnt hard to kill a sniper out of any position in the game if you know where they are. A long range assault rifle/LMG will do exactly what you said while also being able to rush in and go CQC when capturing/defending. Yea the pistol is ok but if they know where you are your dead 99% of the time, so coming from your sniping spot they would be looking directly at your direction waiting. I do play with a team a few times a week, and never have i ever thought we should have 1 sniper on the team they just arent good enough of a weapon class to be useful.[/QUOTE]

everyone is entitled to their opinion i guess. a smart sniper moves around though and like i said, i go in if my team needs it which rarely happens. also, a good sniper will not get beat by a long range assault rifle often. usually i would only have to pop off 1 shot, 2 tops to kill them and since most of the others are too busy trying to get everyone else off the hq, i really only have one person to focus on. i stay where i can see everyone, so if i see someone looking my way, it is easy to beat them. i wont go as far as saying i have never been beat by someone using a m16 (easiest weapon to use in the game), but that usually only happens on something like a deathmatch. if i get killed by a m16 more than once in a deathmatch, i just pull mine out and there is never any challenge the rest of the game.

i guess because i don't play a lot of hq, i cant say i have run into teams that put up a challenge, so i never really had to use much else. though i did use an ak-47 on one and just destroyed the other team (40+kills, under 10 deaths), but it really depends on the map for what i will use as well.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']that just makes it even worse. only holding a flag for 3 points in the beginning? you know there is no teamwork at all if that is possible. i know getting C on pipeline can be difficult for the team that spawns in the trainyard, but if even 1 person sits back and shoots the 1-2 players rushing it, it is easy to capture and B is even easier to capture. My team usually starts with A & C since we have 2 people rush C while the rest go A & B, i grenade 2-4 players from the start and usually shoot 1 more when i rush C while the other player on my team starts capturing, i am holding them off.

edit: by the way, i am not trying to bash anyone here and i have no doubt that your team was good, i am simply stating that the other team was really bad to have not been able to capture and hold a flag longer than that.[/quote]

i wasn't bringing this here because we are discussing how bad the other team was, its that it was a complete ownage match. and its pretty funny.

you would laugh if it happened to you.

[quote name='Littlefields']I guess it really depends on your team really. I don't think it'll be a good idea to do this on public matches. But seriously snipers can be a big help.

Example:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rB1exOU_0rA[/QUOTE]

That video is insane. I'm nowhere near as smooth with the sniper rifle, but after watching that I picked up a few techniques and managed to get somewhere around 57 kills with my newly unlocked R700 in 3 matches. I spent too much time trying to line up a perfect shot where that guy was just laying into them anytime they fell between his crosshairs. I've also been working on shooting without holding my breath for those guys who aren't moving too much and are about midrange across the map where it isn't totally needed.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']i wasn't bringing this here because we are discussing how bad the other team was, its that it was a complete ownage match. and its pretty funny.

you would laugh if it happened to you.
[/QUOTE]

i already have said it has happened, it really isn't that funny to me. in fact, it was rather boring since there was no challenge at all. no flags to capture once we had all 3, pretty much free kills as well. dont get me wrong, i love to win and destroy the other team, i just prefer they put up some sort of a fight before it happens.

I've gotten some pretty rad shots off as a sniper, I remember one time this dude jumped off a building and I nailed him right in the head.

Good stuff.

Edit: On second glance, that dude is using a "hacked" controller. Check out that automatic pistol action at around 1:05. Lame.

I just want to say, the next Call of Duty, or the one after, considering Treyarch is developing Call of Duty 5; should have pistol challenges. 'Cause killing people with a pistol is fun. I went around pistoling and knifing people, and squealed like a giddy school girl. :oops:

[quote name='chasemurata']I just want to say, the next Call of Duty, or the one after, considering Treyarch is developing Call of Duty 5; should have pistol challenges. 'Cause killing people with a pistol is fun. I went around pistoling and knifing people, and squealed like a giddy school girl. :oops:[/quote]

didn't you have like 6 kills because you ran out of ammo with your primary gun?

[quote name='xcoax']That video is insane. I'm nowhere near as smooth with the sniper rifle, but after watching that I picked up a few techniques and managed to get somewhere around 57 kills with my newly unlocked R700 in 3 matches. I spent too much time trying to line up a perfect shot where that guy was just laying into them anytime they fell between his crosshairs. I've also been working on shooting without holding my breath for those guys who aren't moving too much and are about midrange across the map where it isn't totally needed.[/quote]

that video is insane!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Yes that video was great with his "auto" pistol.[/quote]

justin, i'm not too shabby with fast pistol kills, i could probably do almost that fast myself.

bread's done
Back