Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='PyroGamer']:whistle2:|

You have got to be kidding. Even the fucking jackass who made that mockumentary admitted it was a hoax to make money. You need to die.[/quote]

Huh?

Did you know Loose Change: Final Edition is coming to theaters in a couple months. It will be distributed by Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks. And the film will be narrated by Charlie Sheen.

Turn off the Fox News, you're being foxed.

I remember the dis-info site that put out that lie. Recently they admitted that they were paid to try and link 9/11 truth with Anti-semitism/holocuast denial.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wow. Because every single soldier in the wehrmacht -- scratch that -- the entire population of Germany, was all for the holocaust. Not a single one questioned it, and every single german in the entire country's population volunteered to lead the jews into the ovens.

In fact, you know that Operation T4 that Hitler kept secret to avoid massive public outcry? -- well it's all a lie. Hitler was very open about everything he did, and all of Germany knowingly supported every action the SS participated in.

Yeah, you can't do a respectful story based videogame from the german perspective.

German perspective of WWII is totally not a goldmine for character based introspectives on blind patriotism, subverting one's morals, the destruction of war, and character studies that have the potential to be the greatest ever created.

Everything about a German's perspective on WWII is both amazingly underused and overflowing with potential. Racial and political tension, poverty and patriotism, personal morals and the firm hand of the authorities.

Imagine what mental and emotional destruction would have to take place for a german soldier. Propoganda and brainwashing, watching your commanding officer execute a family of Jews? Being asked to do it yourself? Watching as everyone around you beat the pink triangles to the edge of their life? And then leading women and children into gas chambers? Can you imagine the emotional struggle that a simple german soldier would face? Do you realize how important it is to remember those who did not agree with what was going on, but what little they could do about it.

The only problem is this sort of story would be best handled (at least in its early versions) by an extremely talented screenwriter, director, and team of actors.

:lol: :lol: :lol: OH GOD PLEASE!!! :lol: OH GOD MAKE THE LAUGHING STOP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: OH DEAR LORD THE PAIN! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
wow, just wow. I'm not even going to go into this one because it simply isn't worth it. Sometimes it's worth to shut the spigot on your mouth/posts and spot the bullshit from coming out.

Like I said earlier, let's all reenact the Holocaust. Onward you gypsy. Onward you political dissident and you gay...person to the ovens. Let me go incinerate you you Jew. Let's invade Poland and search and murder the Jews or reenact Krystal Nacht. Better yet, while we retreat let's make sure that not a single Jew makes it alive and lock and barricade full families in their houses and have fucking chemical/smoke grenades dropped to have all of them die. Let's find the women and children and round them up in front of a firing squad that we play in the game. Shit, they can even set up a management system like in the Maddens or any sports game where you can set up the rationing for the death camps. You get an ounce today and tomorrow I think I'll starve you. Today I think I'll perform ghastly experiments on you; dipping you in nitrogen, testing your body to see how much cold it can withstand, infecting you with all kinds of illnesses, etc.

fuckING BRILLIANT!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Please, don't recommend me any movies. What you just said is laughable. Good job chastising our military. our government may be stupid, etc. etc. and bush an idiot, etc. etc., but that doesn't mean you should deride the military as you did. Trust me, I know plenty of soldiers that didn't want to go over there, but simply had no choice because they understand the responsibility and the decision the made when they signed up. Yaeh, they all do/did torture:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Like I said, all you did was post some ignorant asinine comments. You're probably too young to even vote.[/quote]

ok, so do you support the troops breathing in Depleted Uranium? :D

do you support the troop's children being born with birth defects?

do support the troops being diagnosed with cancer?

there's a reason why at the VA hospital, it says "no cameras"

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Did you ever play Vietnam or are you just talking out your ass? Vietnam is a great game and did a nice job with the setting and the gameplay is quite fun. I am not saying that it was perfect, but it was still really fun from what all I played.[/quote]

Yaeh, I dunno. It was decent I guess but not my cup of tea at the time.

I hate to break it to you hiccuple but while I don't have a problem with Jews, I do with Gypsies. I think most are thieves. One's that aren't I don't have a problem with.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Yep. Not one of them hid Jews in their basement or protected them a-la Schindler's List. Every single German was a scumbag who deserved to die. In fact, let's just wipe out Germany completely right now because they are all Nazi bastards.

Pathetic.[/quote]

There's a difference between those that hid them and then wanting to play a WWII shooter from the perspective of the Nazi army genius. I doubt that in a game about the Nazi german army that it's going to portray a single lone German Nazi taking on the might of the Reich all by himself ala Rambo. no, most likely you'll be going from town to town pillaging and murdering people. You're not going to be a single Nazi taking on Buchenwald or Auschwitz to let the prisoners out so just shut the fuck up and stop trying to defend attrocities and a war that you clearly don't understand. For every 1 German a-la Schindler's List, there were 50 to a 100 that were willing to kill Jews, Gypsies, etc.

civil war/rev war wouldn't work because of, like hiccuple remarked, the reload would make the game really really slow paced although the environments would be pretty cool looking. The Vietnam war is probably the most plausible.

[quote name='level1online']ok, so do you support the troops breathing in Depleted Uranium? :D

do you support the troop's children being born with birth defects?

do support the troops being diagnosed with cancer?

there's a reason why at the VA hospital, it says "no cameras"[/quote]

Look, you came out making ridiculous statements about the troops and deriding them for a war that is not their own making. I never said I support the war, hell I don't know of any person that still can, but you came out with statements that they all torture(d) people in Iraq which is simply wrong. You claimed that if they were to make a game about the iraq war that that would be pretty much all that would take place in it. Give me a break and stop breaking from your own posts.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Look, you came out making ridiculous statements about the troops and deriding them for a war that is not their own making. I never said I support the war, hell I don't know of any person that still can, but you came out with statements that they all torture(d) people in Iraq which is simply wrong. You claimed that if they were to make a game about the iraq war that that would be pretty much all that would take place in it. Give me a break and stop breaking from your own posts.[/quote]

whoa, whoa, whoa, you have to complete the first mission before you get to that torture mission later in the game. and you must be employed by blackwater first.

you lose, start the missions over

[quote name='level1online']whoa, whoa, whoa, you have to complete the first mission before you get to that torture mission later in the game. and you must be employed by blackwater first.

you lose, start the missions over[/quote]

ok I guess that was sort of funny.

[quote name='Sarang01']Instead of just WWII and others here's an idea, Why not do something the opposite of what is expected? Let you command Hannibal and crush the Romans or the Kushites putting a spear into an Egyptian? Hand to hand or weapon to weapon in FPS hasn't been done enough and only three companies have really done it extensively so as to make it a focus of the main game, those being "Breakdown", "Maken X" and "Chronicles Of Riddick". Also doing it well.
edit: No thanks on an Iraq game. I don't want to play a White Trash Redneck Hick who refers to Iraqi's as "Ragheads" and other derogatory terms. I'm not saying all in the army are like that but I don't like that kind of ignorant attitude that is being fostered there.[/QUOTE]
eat shit douchebag. why dont you stick to talking about how cool you are because you import games in other languages. i dont like your kind of ignorant attitude being fostered you self righteous moron.

Damn that was actually kind of disappointing.

Looks like instead of the regular COD gameplay, they're trying to copy GRAW. I hope there's not nearly as much stealth aspects as there appears to be in that trailer

Well I guess i'm the ONLY one who just watched that and thought it was fuckING AWESOME!

I could not stand COD3 because of the WWII setting. I'm so sick of WWII I could puke. It looks beautiful and you can tell that it was in game so kudos to that. Infinity Ward + COD4 = awesome

BF2 killer with online play? Hell yes.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Yep. Not one of them hid Jews in their basement or protected them a-la Schindler's List.

Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

those are not examples, they are exceptions to the norm

[quote name='Maynard']Well I guess i'm the ONLY one who just watched that and thought it was fuckING AWESOME!

I could not stand COD3 because of the WWII setting. I'm so sick of WWII I could puke. It looks beautiful and you can tell that it was in game so kudos to that. Infinity Ward + COD4 = awesome

BF2 killer with online play? Hell yes.[/quote]

I liked it alot. One of the reasons why I like COD is that if you have ever played a FPS before it, its easy to get into.

Nukes and dinosaurs? Modern warfare indeed...

As cool as the video looks at the beginning, the thing that most certainly appears to be a dinosaur, really took me out of it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nukes and dinosaurs? Modern warfare indeed...

As cool as the video looks at the beginning, the thing that most certainly appears to be a dinosaur, really took me out of it.[/QUOTE]

I think Bush is helping make the game with the nukes in Iraq and dinosoaurs. Someone didn't tell Bush that neither exict in the "modern" times.

Dinosaur!

dinoincod4.jpg

Didn't get to see the video late last night since I registered and didn't get my confirmation (still haven't gotten it). Thanks for the YouTube vid Cheapy.

That trailer was awesome, I really hate when they show just FMV sequences though, I want to see actual gameplay damnit!

I dont get it. The brave soldiers who fought during WWII were actually answering a call of duty. What's going on today clearly is not a call of duty. It's more like a call of mercinary.

just to let you guys know, anytime a movie or a game uses actual military equipment or vehicles, the script must be sent to the pentagon for "approval". anything that depicts our military in a negative fashion is automatically rejected.

anyways, the game looks friggin real, grimly real. hope they match the actual langauge the soldiers use (though negative) to match the authenticity of how it looks.

wanna see some "real" modern combat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUvBaAM8Ks

[quote name='paz9x']eat shit douchebag. why dont you stick to talking about how cool you are because you import games in other languages. i dont like your kind of ignorant attitude being fostered you self righteous moron.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Do you mean to tell me most don't have that attitude? If they don't, the negative one is still present and not discouraged I'm sure. I know someone in the Armed Forces you idiot and while in his branch it may not be around much I believe it IS more prevalent in the Army.

I thought that was a fucking dinosaur. I guess they're going with some sort of genetic engineering storyline, which goes well with the modern take on the series. InGen anyone? Oh, shit...I see fast roping into a possible Site C? Awesome. [quote name='David85']I think Bush is helping make the game with the nukes in Iraq and dinosoaurs. Someone didn't tell Bush that neither exict in the "modern" times.

Dinosaur!

dinoincod4.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='level1online']I dont get it. The brave soldiers who fought during WWII were actually answering a call of duty. What's going on today clearly is not a call of duty. It's more like a call of mercinary.

just to let you guys know, anytime a movie or a game uses actual military equipment or vehicles, the script must be sent to the pentagon for "approval". anything that depicts our military in a negative fashion is automatically rejected.

anyways, the game looks friggin real, grimly real. hope they match the actual langauge the soldiers use (though negative) to match the authenticity of how it looks.

wanna see some "real" modern combat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUvBaAM8Ks[/QUOTE]

So the pentagon approved of dinosaurs?!?!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So the pentagon approved of dinosaurs?!?![/quote]

no, unless dinosaurs ARE being used to fight Al-CIA-Qaeda or the Freedom Fighters... err I mean "Insurgents" :whistle2:#

[quote name='level1online']no, unless dinosaurs ARE being used to fight Al-CIA-Qaeda or the Freedom Fighters... err I mean "Insurgents" :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
:shock:
Holy shit, we might be on to something here!

The biggest question though is how do aliens fit into all this? Did the government get the dinosaurs from the aliens?

The trailer looks pretty cool, but my expectations are low because the COD series is absolutely never that cinematic (which is what made that trailer impressive) nor very interesting. And yes, I've played COD 1-3, so I'm not pulling that out of my ass.

Uninteresting setting for a generally uninteresting series... most likely gonna pass.

[quote name='level1online']no, unless dinosaurs ARE being used to fight Al-CIA-Qaeda or the Freedom Fighters... err I mean "Insurgents" :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Oh so you read the JP4 script too?

Literally the old JP4 script was leaked, thank god, and it had dinosaurs fighting badguys and other dinosaurs.

So maybe if you have a "4" in the title it must have evil dinosaurs now.

I'm hoping that the picture is just a mean horse or something and the nuke is just a big bomb.

Trailer lookin interested. I think the conflict is something made up having to do with some communist nation. It could go either way on whether the game will be good or not, but I think it won't be as good as the older CODs.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Can't wait to see the standard CoD gameplay palette-swapped with some minor gameplay differences and a modern-day setting that in a fit of extreme political correctness will refuse to acknowledge the actual modern-day war in Iraq and will most likely either avoid naming locales or will be set in a totally fictional one!

Maybe we can have a Caucasian, college-educated, red-blooded American madman as the mastermind enemy, if we're really lucky, too! It's bound to work for Live Free or Die Hard!!

EDIT: you could do a shooter from the Nazi perspective

Yeah, that's not going to happen, for...obvious reasons.

I also want a WWI shooter, very badly.

This, too, will not happen, for monetary reasons. Too 'niche' for the console market, unfortunately.[/quote]
Since when did games have to make political statements? Leave that for the movies, I don't wanna see bullshit preaching in my games.

I would get excited for this game, but I won't, since it probably won't be coming out for anothe year+

Leave it to CAG's to turn a VIDEO GAME TRAILER into a whiny political debate. Go pickett outside your liberal arts college, and leave us alone.

[quote name='Sarang01']What do you mean? Do you mean to tell me most don't have that attitude? If they don't, the negative one is still present and not discouraged I'm sure. I know someone in the Armed Forces you idiot and while in his branch it may not be around much I believe it IS more prevalent in the Army.[/QUOTE]
im glad you, "know someone" in the armed forces. that gives you free reign to call service members idiots since you have an issue with the governing politicians.
like i said, stick to your glorious posts about how elite you are since you buy japanese games.

[quote name='Sarang01']
edit: No thanks on an Iraq game. I don't want to play a White Trash Redneck Hick who refers to Iraqi's as "Ragheads" and other derogatory terms. I'm not saying all in the army are like that but I don't like that kind of ignorant attitude that is being fostered there.[/quote]Yes, because in the heat of battle, you STILL have to be politically correct. I'm sure if YOU were standing in 110 degree heat, with people trying to blow you up or kill you, you wouldn't refer to them in derogatory terms. Gimme a break. It's clueless people like you who make me wish the draft was re-instated, so you would be forced to back up all your shittalk. "Hey guys, I know these fella's we're "in conflict" with are shooting at us, and they just killed 3 guys in our squad, but do you REALLY think it's appropriate for you to call them names?"

[quote name='SpottedNigel']It's a dog, not Dino.[/quote]That's what I thought to. And believe it or not, there ARE dogs in modern day life. I just saw one licking himself yesterday.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Go pickett outside your liberal arts college, and leave us alone.[/quote]

haha, remember this quote: "No matter how liberal you think you're liberal arts college is, there's always an iron fist at the top to keep things in order." ;)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That's what I thought to. And believe it or not, there ARE dogs in modern day life. I just saw one licking himself yesterday.[/QUOTE]

my god this game will be so realistic!!!!

bread's done
Back