Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I wish the trailer had real gameplay, but from what I've seen so far I'm not impressed. It doesn't seem very much like the other CoD games, with more stealth and GRAW like gameplay, two things I don't really like.
Hopefully when we see real in game footage it will be more like Call of Duty 2 and 3.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That's one fucked up looking dog.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, of course it's SUPPOSED to be a dog, but it looks like a T-Rex.

[quote name='David85']Exactly, of course it's SUPPOSED to be a dog, but it looks like a T-Rex.[/quote]Maybe it's a dog spliced with T-Rex DNA?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yes, because in the heat of battle, you STILL have to be politically correct. I'm sure if YOU were standing in 110 degree heat, with people trying to blow you up or kill you, you wouldn't refer to them in derogatory terms. Gimme a break. It's clueless people like you who make me wish the draft was re-instated, so you would be forced to back up all your shittalk. "Hey guys, I know these fella's we're "in conflict" with are shooting at us, and they just killed 3 guys in our squad, but do you REALLY think it's appropriate for you to call them names?"[/QUOTE]

No thank you. I'd do everything to avoid the draft, especially in that region since they'd probably think me a product of the devil since I'm left handed.
Honestly I wish we'd slowly drop our oil dependence and pull out of there including our financial support of Israel and our backing of the Saudi's. Let them all go at each others throats and kill each other until there's none left. It's not Genocide when all those groups of people are trying to kill each other. I could care if this shit hadn't been going on forever.

[quote name='hootie']Ehh, even though WWII has been used a billion times, I'd still like to see CoD stay there.[/quote]

Exactly. It won't be CoD anymore. they should call it something else.

I agree with whoever said "drop the four". It would sound a lot better if they called it CoD: Modern Combat. That way if they want to go back to WW2 they can just call it CoD4. Plus you know they will make a sequel so what will that be called, CoD5: Modern Combat 2? I hate when companies do that.

[quote name='David85']Exactly, of course it's SUPPOSED to be a dog, but it looks like a T-Rex.[/quote]

I just saw the trailer in HD on the XBLM, its totally a dog. You can see it clearly.

[quote name='David85']I agree with whoever said "drop the four". It would sound a lot better if they called it CoD: Modern Combat. That way if they want to go back to WW2 they can just call it CoD4. Plus you know they will make a sequel so what will that be called, CoD5: Modern Combat 2? I hate when companies do that.[/quote]

We don't need another Modern Combat subtitle (Battlefield 2: Modern Combat). I think you mean Modern Warfare. Which is what the game is actually called.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare_Announced_2

Teamxbox.com previewed the game and this was their final thoughs on it:

To say that we were blown away by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare would be a huge understatement. The game already looks amazing, despite the fact that it’s still months away from being released. Of course, we all know that looks aren’t everything, so we were happy to see that the game also features some of the most intense gameplay we’ve ever seen. From the single-player campaign to the multiplayer action, this is one game that has something for everyone. If this wasn’t on your radar before, it better be now. We’ll be bringing you a lot more on the game in the coming months (starting with E3), so check back often!
Full preview here: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1641/Call-of-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare/p1/

If those are ingame shots....OMG it looks Gears of War Amazing!

[quote name='slickkill77']im still pissed theres no tanks or anything in multi. Thats just dumb[/quote]

CoD2 had none and it owned. Not dumb at all XD...though I haven't played CoD3 either.

[quote name='slickkill77']It looks good but theres nothing special about it. Battlefield Bad Company looks much better in terms of gameplay[/QUOTE]
I'm sure Battlefield BC have better multiplayer but as far as single player campaigns are concerned Battlefield has never been great and BF2 single player was an absolute mess. COD has always had great campaigns worth the price of admission for alone (I haven't played COD3 yet so I can't speak personally about it.)

Apples and oranges, with that said I'm also looking forward to Bad Company.

The single player in Bad COmpany sounds good. Go to ign.com they have a preview of it and Dice redid the single player to actualy make it playable. It has fully destructable enviroments and unique AI

Note: Call of Duty 3 really sucks. If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm definitely glad they abandoned WWII after the utter crap that was COD3.

Even the quotes they play after you die sucked.

This game looks awesome. Still excited for Halo, though, but I knew this game would rock and it was a good change from WWII. Same CoD formula it seems too, just different gun appearances (but similar scope types), and a different time period :D

I enjoyed CoD3 multiplayer far more then CoD2. Whenever I played CoD2 everyone had sniper rifles and and I would constantly get killed by people I never even saw. CoD3 with it's higher player could has much more action, which I enjoy.

The Call of Duty 4 gameplay footage looks great. I was worried that we would have to use more stealth, but it looks like it's basically Call of Duty in modern settings, which is great.

I'm glad they are ditching the WWII theme, as everyone has mentioned.

Hopefully a lot of people pick this up and play online. Does anyone play CoD3 anymore? I randomly tried to get a game going......nothing.

[quote name='mr ryles']After seeing the new trailer, I'm sold.[/QUOTE]

same here... I don't give a shit about military games or WWII stuff, but after seeing the trailer, I am contemplating this... it just looks so good.

I dont want to get b/c games like americas army are coming out and this honestly doesnt bring anything new or special to the table. Not that it has to but we have played this game hundreds of times before

[quote name='slickkill77']I dont want to get b/c games like americas army are coming out and this honestly doesnt bring anything new or special to the table. Not that it has to but we have played this game hundreds of times before[/quote]

America's Army doens't interest me at all, it might be a good game, but my paranoid side tells me to keep away from it, after all its a game being developed with the help of the goverment to help recruit people into the Army. It just wigs me out to think that they might have people checking out stats and next thing you know, if you're good, they'll start calling you every day asking you to join in.

[quote name='slickkill77']honestly doesnt bring anything new or special to the table. [/quote]

Yea, and your location info is new and exciting.... ;) MJ jokes are OLD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']America's Army doens't interest me at all, it might be a good game, but my paranoid side tells me to keep away from it, after all its a game being developed with the help of the goverment to help recruit people into the Army. It just wigs me out to think that they might have people checking out stats and next thing you know, if you're good, they'll start calling you every day asking you to join in.[/quote]

They are not good games IMO.

AA was good on the pc. Anyway the MJ thing isnt a cheap joke. You really wouldnt understand. My brother and i like making michael jackson related jokes not just going "O he has sex with children ftw!" Only funny stuff not stuff like that

[quote name='slickkill77']AA was good on the pc. Anyway the MJ thing isnt a cheap joke. You really wouldnt understand. My brother and i like making michael jackson related jokes not just going "O he has sex with children ftw!" Only funny stuff not stuff like that[/quote]

Then why did you change your location? Maybe im just the minority in my thinking?

Actualy you just reminded me that I have changed my location in a while. I like to change it up every once in a while. Now i have gone to an all Venture Brothers theme because that show is awesome. So in part yes it did have to do with what you said but not totaly. What does it matter?

[quote name='slickkill77']Actualy you just reminded me that I have changed my location in a while. I like to change it up every once in a while. Now i have gone to an all Venture Brothers theme because that show is awesome. So in part yes it did have to do with what you said but not totaly. What does it matter?[/quote]

I didnt want you thinking im more of an ass than I really am. ;)

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm hoping that it is only that gun, or at least a select few that can shoot through walls. Or unless it is just that building that has old crappy walls.[/QUOTE]

It should be balanced pretty well...

From what I've read there are many factors that play into it...caliber, distance, material...

But there's also a "perk" system that lets you choose between different abilities like extra health, larger clips, Last stand, Deep impact, etc.

This particular video is showing off the Deep impact Perk.

[quote name='road3283']It should be balanced pretty well...

From what I've read there are many factors that play into it...caliber, distance, material...

But there's also a "perk" system that lets you choose between different abilities like extra health, larger clips, Last stand, Deep impact, etc.

This particular video is showing off the Deep impact Perk.[/quote]
Are you sure they are perks and not game modes?

for me I was thrilled to see them going to a modern setting I am tired as hell of WWII FPS and if any line decided to go modern I am happy it was the Call of Duty line..

Now I wish Criterion would get to working on a second black game....

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you sure they are perks and not game modes?[/QUOTE]

Forgot where I originally read it but I'm pretty sure they're perks and not modes.

Check out the description under this video for more details:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/78242.html

I think at the moment only deep impact and last stand are the only perks they've announced...
There's also videos of last stand on Gametrailers too.

bread's done
Back