Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Maynard']I think we're gonna get hosed :([/QUOTE]

yep. I can't complain too much though, i would never have bought this game anyhow. there's too many that are exactly like this game imo.

Well, I figure I'll do all you guys who haven't gotten a token a favor and just explain the BETA:

It's the most AMAZING game EVER, I'm SO HAPPY that I got in, I play it CONSTANTLY because it is SO MUCH FUN. There are NO glitches or rough edges or unbalanced maps or weapons. It is SO MUCH FUN. I am SO HAPPY TO BE IN THE BETA. This is the BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

So there, that pretty much sums it up for those who didn't get a token.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Well, I figure I'll do all you guys who haven't gotten a token a favor and just explain the BETA:

It's the most AMAZING game EVER, I'm SO HAPPY that I got in, I play it CONSTANTLY because it is SO MUCH FUN. There are NO glitches or rough edges or unbalanced maps or weapons. It is SO MUCH FUN. I am SO HAPPY TO BE IN THE BETA. This is the BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

So there, that pretty much sums it up for those who didn't get a token.[/quote]
Aside from the fact players can see about the same distance (clearly) with guns that have no scopes compared to guns with scopes...making for unreal sniping, the game is pretty good.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Well, I figure I'll do all you guys who haven't gotten a token a favor and just explain the BETA:

So there, that pretty much sums it up for those who didn't get a token.[/quote]

Damn virgins....

I figure you'd have to be if that is how you feel about a game.

[quote name='Maynard']Damn virgins....
I figure you'd have to be if that is how you feel about a game.[/QUOTE]
Humor: You fail it.

[quote name='Maynard']Damn virgins....

I figure you'd have to be if that is how you feel about a game.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it was an attempt at a joke, just to piss off the people without a token yet.

actually... now that i check the postings on the COD site... where did the OP get 72 hours from? it doesn't say they'd all be distributed within 72 hours anywhere other than this thread's subject line from what I can see... I could have another fucking week to wait for all I know!

anyone?

[quote name='varsitygamer']actually... now that i check the postings on the COD site... where did the OP get 72 hours from? it doesn't say they'd all be distributed within 72 hours anywhere other than this thread's subject line from what I can see... I could have another fucking week to wait for all I know!

anyone?[/QUOTE]

We will be randomly selecting users from the database who sign up during those 24 hours and sending out codes accordingly in batches. You will know within the first 72 hours whether you got in or not via email, so you won't be waiting around for ever just wondering.

Source:
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/

8/27/07 -Update: 24 Hour Beta Sign-ups title, right above the "Things to Remember" part

This was also posted BEFORE they said everyone who signed up within the 24 hour period will be getting a token. So it might take longer than usually I'm guessing.

All bets are off on the 72 hour thing. That was when it was a drawing. Now that everyone is guaranteed to be in, it's going to take longer.

"If you registered for the BETA, you will receive an email from [email protected] with your token code. Please note that tokens are being distributed in waves. About 10,000 people will be given tokens per day to slowly ramp up to the full amount while the beta game servers are being tested in every aspect."

Note that there is no time specified. There will be 10,000/day, so depending on how many signed up, it could be a while.

It's pretty fun and very fast paced but not the greatest shooter around. Leveling up seems WAY to fast, i've played just over 2 hours and i'm already topped out at level 11... I am glad that I got in though since it's a free game and something new to play. :D

[quote name='$hady']It's pretty fun and very fast paced but not the greatest shooter around. Leveling up seems WAY to fast, i've played just over 2 hours and i'm already topped out at level 11... I am glad that I got in though since it's a free game and something new to play. :D[/quote]

I maxed out my Level cap in the first hour. The reason why we level up so quickly is because they wanted us to use the rest of the unlockable perks in the game, after all it's a beta.

[quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure it was an attempt at a joke, just to piss off the people without a token yet.[/quote]

just tossing some sarcasm back. Damn internet not doing my sarcasm right...

Update

"We've made some massive LSP improvements which may have corrected the Download Game Settings message error, if available, load up your beta's and let me know if you are still having the message.

Token distribution will resume once the "Downloading Game Settings" message has been resolved. Don't worry, we're wanting to get a large group in before the long weekend just as much I know you guys want to get in before the long weekend.

So hopefully this LSP improvement has helped the issue a bit, and we can get some more people on playing / testing.

Please keep posting if you get it, and be sure to note how often you get it (every 1 out of 5 trys or 4 out of 5?). "

In the forums on cod.com they said this issue was already fixed. Makes me wonder now if it is fixed or not. They said it was but now they are trying to fix it? I don't get it.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Update

"We've made some massive LSP improvements which may have corrected the Download Game Settings message error, if available, load up your beta's and let me know if you are still having the message.

Token distribution will resume once the "Downloading Game Settings" message has been resolved. Don't worry, we're wanting to get a large group in before the long weekend just as much I know you guys want to get in before the long weekend.

So hopefully this LSP improvement has helped the issue a bit, and we can get some more people on playing / testing.

Please keep posting if you get it, and be sure to note how often you get it (every 1 out of 5 trys or 4 out of 5?). "[/QUOTE]

Just got mine now also! Not sure if I'll get to play tonight since it seems to be taking awhile to download for me, but if anyone wants to play tomorrow and later, go ahead and add me or invite me if I'm online.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']is it just me or is it taking awhile to find matches :lol:[/quote]

try signing out and back in. That fixed it for me earlier when it wouldn't join games.

[quote name='Surferflames']try signing out and back in. That fixed it for me earlier when it wouldn't join games.[/quote]
yeah did that err i just left it tried deathmatch then went back into team deathmatch(the one lagging)

[quote name='ddrpower']For the curious, the downloading game settings issue HAS been fixed.[/quote]

That is good, now they can start rolling out some more tokens for those special people that don't have one yet
like me :whistle2:#

Damnit, I still got bupkis! Im sick of this shit, any chance I had to play this week is gone now cuz I got the fam visitiing from out of town all weekend.

Don't worry guys, there is plenty else to play. The play gets a little stale after you get to level 11 and everyone else around you has the same crap as you. It seems that everyone is using the M4.

bread's done
Back