Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Well that didn't take long to get to 16. Nothing really new worth raving about. The Uzi is rubbish unless you are hugging the person. I'll try out the new pistol later.

[quote name='Damian']No, quite the opposite, that was actually the main thrust of my comment. When you suck at FPS's, like I do, it's very discouraging for people who are already much better than you to be given an advantage. It just adds a bit of an insult on top of it.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to die/lose anyway whats the difference?

My Kill/Death ratio is so close together...

Update didn't really make me want to play more. I got through 3 matches and got bored. Still getting the final game somehow.

I'll try to get up to 12 in the next week or so and CAG myself. Haven't played with any of you guys yet, but my time has been really limited in the last week with dorm move-in and classes starting. Hopefully I'll have more of that free time this week.

[quote name='jer7583']As long as Infinity Ward is involved, it should be awesome. Call of Duty 3 sucked, hard. It was horrible, not just eh it's okay horrible, I mean really bad. This coming from someone who enjoyed CoD2 enough to play through on normal and again on veteran.

I think that the Call of Duty kind of insanity and intense battles is something that hasn't really been done with modern warfare, and It'll be really interesting to see what they are able to make. I'm looking forward to it.[/quote]

cod3 suck big... but the cod4beta is really sweet... i can't wait for the really game...
does anyone know what is the release date?

[quote name='ogbaka']cod3 suck big... but the cod4beta is really sweet... i can't wait for the really game...
does anyone know what is the release date?[/quote]

I know Infinity Ward didn't make Cod 3, but I still enjoyed it. The beta still blows it out of the water though. But I'm getting sick of getting owned by everybody and their grandparents in the game.

Yeah, these people online are seriously good. Doesn't bother me though--I sort of take it slow and try to keep my kill/death ratio good and my accuracy high. Completely loving the game.

What kinda KD ratios are you guys pulling? I'm generally a 2:1 player in most FPS games like SOCOM and Counter-Strike: Source but it is damn near impossible with Call of Duty 4. I think it is because most of the matches have respawning so there are many times when a guy spawns right behind you and gets an easy kill. Anyways, I'm a 1.11 last time I checked.

Haven't played in a long while since I've been spending most of my time my newborn but today, I totally kicked ass. Was getting 17-21 kills in each match, was either 1st or 2nd place each time...had a couple bad games but it was all good, ranked up from 11 to 16 in about 1hr30min....can't wait till this game comes out!!!

Added a [CAG] clan tag to my name.

Also, sorry about not playing, Pimpin. I kept getting some hosting error when trying to connect to you.

my highest streak is 21 kills.

WHA!!! What type of game was that in? I have a hard time getting ti seven kills in a row.

Also any CAGs up for playing this afternoon? If so please post here so we can get togther.

[quote name='darthbudge']WHA!!! What type of game was that in? I have a hard time getting ti seven kills in a row.

Also any CAGs up for playing this afternoon? If so please post here so we can get togther.[/quote]

It was a FFA on Overgrown.

I'm 1:1 in K/D. :lol:

I believe my highest killing streak was about 13 kills? I don't know that shit off the top of my head.
It's nice to see that they raised the level cap, I need to play soon.

Hey guys I will be on in a little, I need to get my new Ear Force X2 Headset working. If you have one maybe you can answer my question I posted it in the Xbox 360 Question Thread.

EDIT: Alright I am getting on now.

Got back from vaca to see my COD 4 beta email .... I entered in the code, downloaded the beta, fired it up, and got the RROD! Oh well, maybe the beta will still be going on in 4 weeks, either way, I was able to see it for about 2 minutes and it was enough for me to send in my copy of Vegas to Lion Games on a COD 4 pre-order.

My K : D is 0.69, but at least i made it to 13 and got a CAG tag (haha, now you have to be associated with my sucking!) Interesting that there's not any sort of "ownership" and anyone can call themselves whatever they want. I guess it would too easily lend itself to abuse otherwise.

[quote name='Damian']My K : D is 0.69, but at least i made it to 13 and got a CAG tag (haha, now you have to be associated with my sucking!) Interesting that there's not any sort of "ownership" and anyone can call themselves whatever they want. I guess it would too easily lend itself to abuse otherwise.[/quote]

Rainbow six is like that too.

is it just me or does anyone else think they should have left it so you had to have a head set to hear the other players. At first I didn't like it but when I was in a game where some kid was screaming party like a rock star over and over I hated it. I have not even played the game since then. What is odd is the fact that I can not even get more then 5 kills a game and that is a good game for me. Before the update I was geting about 10 a game at best 18 and the lowest was 5. Now I top out at 5. Since the update the game has a new feeling to it and I don't know why and I don't like it.

[quote name='sendme']is it just me or does anyone else think they should have left it so you had to have a head set to hear the other players. At first I didn't like it but when I was in a game where some kid was screaming party like a rock star over and over I hated it. I have not even played the game since then. What is odd is the fact that I can not even get more then 5 kills a game and that is a good game for me. Before the update I was geting about 10 a game at best 18 and the lowest was 5. Now I top out at 5. Since the update the game has a new feeling to it and I don't know why and I don't like it.[/quote]

If you click on the xbox button you can set it to headphone only or just mute voices if you want.

[quote name='sendme']Since the update the game has a new feeling to it and I don't know why and I don't like it.[/quote]

All they did was raise the level cap. There was no actual gameplay update made. Maybe you are just getting some of the lag from all the international players filtering in. I normally have to try a few rooms before I get one that isn't being flooded with people speaking who knows what (constant talking/breathing/whatever also floods the bandwidth channels a bit too).

[quote name='sendme']Since the update the game has a new feeling to it and I don't know why and I don't like it.[/quote]

Everything is the same.

Made a Call Of Duty 4 gamercard for myself and for those of you who wish to use it:

LinkinPrime.png

Code:
http://my.livecard.net/65106/LinkinPrime.png

I don't know why it has a different feel to it and not everything is the same. Not only did they up the level cap but they also made it so now you hear the other players even if you do not have the mic and head set. That is my biggest issue with the game. They need to change it back so you only hear them if you have the mic and headset or make it so you can shut it off. Don't know about any of you but I can not stand listening to most of the players. Its not the fact that some do not speak english. Hell I would rather listen to them. Atleast then I don't know what they are talking about. Half the time the ones that do speak english are haveing a conversation with someone and have the mic on or they are singing chocolate or like I said earlyer party like a rock star. If IW is going to make it so that I do not need a mic and headset to listen to this crap atleast let have the option to shut it off. Sure I could turn down the sound on my tv but then I can not hear the game.

[quote name='sendme']I don't know why it has a different feel to it and not everything is the same. Not only did they up the level cap but they also made it so now you hear the other players even if you do not have the mic and head set. That is my biggest issue with the game. They need to change it back so you only hear them if you have the mic and headset or make it so you can shut it off. Don't know about any of you but I can not stand listening to most of the players. Its not the fact that some do not speak english. Hell I would rather listen to them. Atleast then I don't know what they are talking about. Half the time the ones that do speak english are haveing a conversation with someone and have the mic on or they are singing chocolate or like I said earlyer party like a rock star. If IW is going to make it so that I do not need a mic and headset to listen to this crap atleast let have the option to shut it off. Sure I could turn down the sound on my tv but then I can not hear the game.[/QUOTE]

Make some friends and play with them. Problem solved.

Yeah guess i do have to Learn to mute or get used to it seeing how it is live. Wonder how they are going to do this for the PC. Thats what I plan on geting it for it I even get the game. If I get it chances are I wont be online much. Thats why I hope a demo comes out for it on the PC.

[quote name='sendme']I don't know why it has a different feel to it and not everything is the same. Not only did they up the level cap but they also made it so now you hear the other players even if you do not have the mic and head set. [/QUOTE]
That's not a change, it's been that way since day one.

I haven't played the beta (yet), but I really liked the ease of the mute function in the Halo 3 beta. Though a really simple addition, it makes the game so much better to play.

Does the COD4 mute work similarly to that?

bread's done
Back