Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='catapult37']Anyone done any levelling up on the shotguns? I find them mostly useless since their range is so limited. Maybe I'm just not using them correctly / on the right maps?[/quote]

Vacant is the only map I can think of where a shotty would be particularly useful...maybe Wet Work

[quote name='TahoeMax']Vacant is the only map I can think of where a shotty would be particularly useful...maybe Wet Work[/quote] What about shipyard? I've never used the shotgun, but it seems to me that the close quarters combat on that map really lends itself well to a powerful close range weapon.

[quote name='zewone']MP5 is money, and don't be dissing the M16! :)[/quote]
If you like the MP5 then you should definitely start using the G36C. I prefer it over the MP5, increased range.

[quote name='HighlightShow']If you like the MP5 then you should definitely start using the G36C. I prefer it over the MP5, increased range.[/quote]
After I read this, I wanted to try it. So I did.. and I did not like it. =p

[quote name='catapult37']Anyone done any levelling up on the shotguns? I find them mostly useless since their range is so limited. Maybe I'm just not using them correctly / on the right maps?[/quote] What I suggest is that you use Juggernaut (even if I am very against that) and extreme conditioning. You can usually run up on someone and get one or two shots off.

ppowers. Sorry about leaving that game you had up. My clan members wanted to play some deathmatch. I didn't notice until I left but I called 5 Airstrikes in on that game we played.

[quote name='catapult37']Anyone done any levelling up on the shotguns? I find them mostly useless since their range is so limited. Maybe I'm just not using them correctly / on the right maps?[/QUOTE]

UAV Jammer + Pump Shotty on Overgrown = Doom to your enemies if you're sneaky.

twen-snipercod4.jpg

We had an awesome CAG night. ragekod captured video & pics of a semi-known Crossfire glitch. Video will be up within the day.

[quote name='twen']
twen-snipercod4.jpg

We had an awesome CAG night. ragekod captured video & pics of a semi-known Crossfire glitch. Video will be up within the day.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Awesome night indeed. :applause:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipOv3i4t5Ig[/media]

I play every night so if you guys want to get a few games in just add me.

[quote name='joe2187']Also, Those Alleyways would be a kickass area to play team deathmatch rounds in.[/QUOTE]

Except there's no respawning in that area. And there's holes in the map you can fall thru.

Sorry I missed the COD action. I had the girlfriend sleeping next to me again and decided to just finish up Guitar Hero 3 so I can just be rid of that disappointment. Hopefully I'll be back next week or between now and then.

Thanks, as always, for the invites ppowers.

[quote name='Odenat']ppowers. Sorry about leaving that game you had up. My clan members wanted to play some deathmatch. I didn't notice until I left but I called 5 Airstrikes in on that game we played.[/QUOTE]
that game was a blood bath.
no worries, i had fun while you played.

I wish I would have stayed on and messed around with you guys last night. This weekend I should be on a lot, so hopefully I can get in on the shenanigans (is that how you spell it?)

[quote name='RudyPants']This weekend I should be on a lot, so hopefully I can get in on the shenanigans (is that how you spell it?)[/quote]
Looks right to me.

[quote name='mvp828']You can only do that in Oldcore correct??

(Assuming so because of how high you guys are jumping.)[/quote]

Correct. This would be in oldcore only but it will work in both public and private matches.

[quote name='shinryuu']I think I played with you just a few minutes ago, RudyPants. I was pwning, hard. Then again, there were kids roaming that game. heh.[/quote]

Yeah, I joined you on the CAG Clan just randomly. I should be on later ... send me an invite if you see me.

Well, I got Super Mario: Galaxy for Christmas and I have a stack of sealed 360 games but every damn time I sit down for some gaming, it's always COD4. I try to play other games, all the while thinking that I could be playing COD4 instead.

I'm just waiting for new maps. COD3 came out in November (just like COD4) and had the first map pack available in middle of January. Of course, CO2 came out in October for the pc and didn't get their first map pack until April so maybe I'm just rushing things. But I would like some new maps. :)

I actually played Hardcore for the first time tonight. Wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. Especially when I kept respawning ontop of my previous Martyrdomed grenades...

Tonight was fun, but I did pretty bad compared to last night. It was nice playing with twen, MSUHitman, CheapyD, and LNshortstop12 (sorry if I forgot who else was in there, I can only name the people off the top of my head).

Played with some CAGs (Wet Ninja & Khondor) for the first time and had tons of fun. I usually play around 1am EPT and seldom are any CAGs actually on, so this was a nice change of pace.

[quote name='valor19']Played with some CAGs (Wet Ninja & Khondor) for the first time and had tons of fun. I usually play around 1am EPT and seldom are any CAGs actually on, so this was a nice change of pace.[/quote]

I don't know if this is just one weekends that you play at this time, but I am on during the week about that time. Weekends are always different for me, because I work a different time every weekend... But I would love to play with another fellow Michigander (or Michiganian, whichever you prefer).

[quote name='valor19']Well, I got Super Mario: Galaxy for Christmas and I have a stack of sealed 360 games but every damn time I sit down for some gaming, it's always COD4.

I'm just waiting for new maps. [/quote]

I hear you, have Mass Effect, Kane and Lynch, Stranglehold, Assassins Creed, NBA Homecourt, and another one or two games that I can't even think of. Haven't touched any of the games yet, because I have two severe of COD4 withdrawals.

One day this past week the server here at school was down and I was traumatized, and instead of starting something else I went back to trying to finish "No Fighting In The War Room" on Veteran (still pissing me off more and more by the minute).

P.S. Also waiting in anticipation for some new maps.

Just played tonight, haven't played in a few days and I was rippin' shit up. I went 30 - 5 in two games. :shock:

I consider that impressive since I was using the G3 for fucks sake.

By the way I really would like to play with some CAGs... I haven't done so yet but i'm friends with COD4CAG (or however you spell it) so if anyone wants to play feel free to send an invite my way...

[quote name='ep2011']By the way I really would like to play with some CAGs... I haven't done so yet but i'm friends with COD4CAG (or however you spell it) so if anyone wants to play feel free to send an invite my way...[/QUOTE]
ive sent you a dozen invites. no luck so far.

[quote name='yukine']Just played tonight, haven't played in a few days and I was rippin' shit up. I went 30 - 5 in two games. :shock:

I consider that impressive since I was using the G3 for fucks sake.[/QUOTE]
sometimes i really like that gun. if im playing well that gun clicks for me. you can aim for the head and pull two rounds off and down somebody pretty regularly. its possible to one shot head shot with stopping power but i dont do it often.

Can't believe I forgot this is a freebie weekend on Live, otherwise I would have accepted the invites I recieved last night.

[quote name='valor19']Played with some CAGs (Wet Ninja & Khondor) for the first time and had tons of fun. I usually play around 1am EPT and seldom are any CAGs actually on, so this was a nice change of pace.[/QUOTE]

Those were some fun games. I was playing really badly until I joined up with you and Khondor. Our team stuck together really well, so that made a huge difference. I haven't been playing COD4 multiplayer very long (about a week and a half), so I still have a lot to learn.

When I play, it's usually sometime around 8:00 to 11:30 on weeknights and up to 3:00 or 3:30 on weekends (all times are Eastern). I'm not necessarily playing the whole time, but my playtime generally falls within those times.

Ppowers, thanks for the invite yesterday. I was only playing a couple quick matches, so didn't get a chance to get in with you.

Any CAG's playing tonight? I am probably going to be on at 7 pm est. Please add me or invite me from CAGCOD4 if you would like to play tonight. I am tired of dominating by myself!

Trying to find the Cod4 CAG Gamertag, what is it. can't find it anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind, post before me answered my question.

Edit2: Aww man, CAGCOD4 Friends list is full.

When someone more tenured than I creates a new, correlative account for us CAGers to asssociate, lemme know. I play COD4 a lot, and would love to see how I fare amongst you all. ^_^

it doesnt have to be someone , "tenured" just someone who has the time to update it regularly.

dave - have you been able to clear out some cags that dont play cod from the list? ive been playing 5 days a week or so and i know i havent seen half that list on.

if 10 cags pm and tell me they want me to make one i will, but i will only be able to update once a week , sometimes maybe twice a month.

[quote name='paz9x']ive sent you a dozen invites. no luck so far.[/quote]
So thats the mysterious ppowers who keeps sending me invites! I never realized it was a CAG... I thought it was a random person who wanted to play. Next time you send me an invite i'll accept it. Sorry for the confusion and thanks :)

edit: I'll make sure to check out who the invites are from now on instead of just ignoring them :$ lol

I'm sick of playing Domination where they scream if I try to capture the third flag because all they want to do is spawn camp and get their challenges.

Lame.

[quote name='valor19']Played with some CAGs (Wet Ninja & Khondor) for the first time and had tons of fun. I usually play around 1am EPT and seldom are any CAGs actually on, so this was a nice change of pace.[/quote]Expect a FR this week from JDawgg76. That's the same time I start playing. Anybody starting a second CAGCOD4 list? There's a lot of us out of that loop.

I can make one I guess;

Btw, I'll be on all night pretty soon, today (Sunday) is my birthday so fuck it, I want to play COD with some CAGs, dammit.

I got myself a 26 kill streak last night playing with some CAGs. It was insane.

I did it on HQ on Bloc, with my normal setup (silenced p90, UAV Jammer, 3 frags, extreme conditioning). I ran out of ammo in the p90, I stabbed 9 guys (the were all sniping from the opposing building, literally 5 of them were in sniper garb), and they just didn't seem to notice me sitting there with the UAV Jammer on and not shooting.

bread's done
Back